Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:45:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN AntRouter R1: 1st wireless networking device with bitcoin mining chip  (Read 77472 times)
Blockhunter

Activity: 871
Merit: 505

Founder of Incakoin

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 12:32:44 PM

I have not yet been able to put my hands on one of these, but I am currently drafting up some code to be able to run monitor on one of these (already have the code partially working on an S1 controller), so here's a request to whoever has one of these.
Could you kindly run via SSH and post the output here from the command cgminer-api '{"command":"stats"}'?

PS. Copying from the SSH window (in MS Windows) involves simply selecting the text in the SSH window then pasting into a message (no need to look for a copy command via right-clicking ... automatically done when you select the text.

@ITop_James - did you manage to get your order delivered after all?
he did and also has another batch coming in tomorrow.

https://YankeeSeed.com
Cannabis Genetics
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 06:09:26 PM

I may repeating a previous request here, but can someone tell me the script to auto reboot the R1 every 48 hours or x Hours.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 06:22:52 PM

I have not seen one posted, but suspect it is an easy job if you know what you are doing.  Smiley There is however a Cron Job, discussed earlier in this thread, that restarts cgminer if it stops hashing.

Why do you want a 48Hr reboot?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 06:33:58 PM

If this firmware can be cracked I'd buy one.  Until then I'm on the sidelines waiting to play.
Just don't like the idea of being forced to mine on antpool. 

It is cracked already, and you can now set up to solo or pool mine with the same interface as all the other Bitmain S series Miners. If you buy your Miner from CrazyGuy you can even choose to have it shipped with the enhanced firmware.  Smiley

Rich

I suggest getting one from CrazyGuy - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612390.0 .  Bitmain is out of stock and he he selling from stock.

And he is quite talented at programming.   He has the most advanced custom firmware I feel pretty safe saying currently.

Nice find, thanks for sharing the link.  I think this is the route I will go, support the local community and give back a little to the people who figure out how to crack and code this stuff.  Plus, it saves me from having to re-read pages of thread and figure out how to do it (mess it up) on my own.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:00:52 PM

If this firmware can be cracked I'd buy one.  Until then I'm on the sidelines waiting to play.
Just don't like the idea of being forced to mine on antpool. 

It is cracked already, and you can now set up to solo or pool mine with the same interface as all the other Bitmain S series Miners. If you buy your Miner from CrazyGuy you can even choose to have it shipped with the enhanced firmware.  Smiley

Rich

I suggest getting one from CrazyGuy - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612390.0 .  Bitmain is out of stock and he he selling from stock.

And he is quite talented at programming.   He has the most advanced custom firmware I feel pretty safe saying currently.

Nice find, thanks for sharing the link.  I think this is the route I will go, support the local community and give back a little to the people who figure out how to crack and code this stuff.  Plus, it saves me from having to re-read pages of thread and figure out how to do it (mess it up) on my own.

Honestly it is worth it on supporting him to.  I have no idea how long he spent programming, but it is quite a while.   His latest version:

CFW 0.94 has been uploaded for my customers.

The previous updates to cgminer-monitor were missing U3 zombies where the device was still showing as active through the API. I've reworked the function to compare "Last Valid Work" before and after a specific interval for all connected devices. This should catch and handle all zombies, and just in time for Halloween! The new monitor has kept my 3 U3s running without human intervention for the past 2 days.

I ran 24 hours without a zombie killing it on 1 U3.  Switched to 3 and am like 13-14 hours into that test and it has not had a zombie that  it could not fix.  It is looking very very promising. 
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:08:54 PM

I ran 24 hours without a zombie killing it on 1 U3.  Switched to 3 and am like 13-14 hours into that test and it has not had a zombie that  it could not fix.  It is looking very very promising.  

Yea, I saw that after posting to this thread and think that's really cool.  My single remaining U3 does ok by itself, it zombies out every day or so, but not more often than that, which is pretty good from experiences I've had.  I also run the U3 in its own cgminer instance which I've found to be more stable than when I have it lumped in with other usb miners.  But heck, a few extra dollars to get a wifi hotspot that keeps my U3 going is money well spent.

I just wish it had a better mining chip and maybe even a little fan so we could see like 15-20GH/s out of it rather than 5.  Maybe that's the next hack someone will work on, a chip-swap...  Tongue
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:36:36 PM

I ran 24 hours without a zombie killing it on 1 U3.  Switched to 3 and am like 13-14 hours into that test and it has not had a zombie that  it could not fix.  It is looking very very promising.  

Yea, I saw that after posting to this thread and think that's really cool.  My single remaining U3 does ok by itself, it zombies out every day or so, but not more often than that, which is pretty good from experiences I've had.  I also run the U3 in its own cgminer instance which I've found to be more stable than when I have it lumped in with other usb miners.  But heck, a few extra dollars to get a wifi hotspot that keeps my U3 going is money well spent.

I just wish it had a better mining chip and maybe even a little fan so we could see like 15-20GH/s out of it rather than 5.  Maybe that's the next hack someone will work on, a chip-swap...  Tongue
CrazyGuy has gotten 4 day's so far with 3 compacs not stopping from zombie that can't be fixed which is pretty much unheard of:

Thanks for providing your results! My 3 units are still running without human intervention for 4 days. The script is just checking for zombies, then restarting cgminer or rebooting the R1 if necessarry, so it shouldn't increase the zombie rate. I'm thinking the script is just more efficient at catching them than we are  Wink

He does have a tab where it's freq can be adjusted very easily on R1 itself.  I have not played with it much.  But I'm sure if you added air flow like you mention you could go above what most do.   

He has also mentioned future ideas/plans:

Additionally, you will receive future firmware updates when available. I have plans to add Compac support and integrate ckpool for solo mining against your own local bitcoin node.

For the price if it fixes U3's that's already worth the purchase in my mind.  But a plan of compac support to is great in my book.

I suggest if your wanting one to go over and support him, and bitmain is still out to.   But you will not regreat it with his custom firmware. I get paid zero for this ad Smiley I just like the product that much.
RichBC

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 05:45:00 PM

So R1's Online now showing 176, so still very low numbers, and noone has mined a Block yet.  Smiley

I have had mine running most of the time for 17 Days now, Overclocked to 15GH and it has been very stable. Still an occasional restart of cgminer and a couple of times the hash rate has dropped right back for no reason which the Cron Job does not detect, however a Save & Apply on the Frequency Setting Tab get's it going again.

Getting a bit bored with it now, so need to think of something new to try? How is everyone else getting on?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 05:49:53 PM

So R1's Online now showing 176, so still very low numbers, and noone has mined a Block yet.  Smiley

I have had mine running most of the time for 17 Days now, Overclocked to 15GH and it has been very stable. Still an occasional restart of cgminer and a couple of times the hash rate has dropped right back for no reason which the Cron Job does not detect, however a Save & Apply on the Frequency Setting Tab get's it going again.

Getting a bit bored with it now, so need to think of something new to try? How is everyone else getting on?

Rich

Im surprised how low it is on there.  Only thing is maybe a lot are using CK's solo pool with modding the pool.

What is next is using it as a U3 controller.  That is the best thing so far.  Also gives U3's a antminer like gui which is nice.
RichBC

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:18:47 PM

I have not yet been able to put my hands on one of these, but I am currently drafting up some code to be able to run monitor on one of these (already have the code partially working on an S1 controller), so here's a request to whoever has one of these.
Could you kindly run via SSH and post the output here from the command cgminer-api '{"command":"stats"}'?

PS. Copying from the SSH window (in MS Windows) involves simply selecting the text in the SSH window then pasting into a message (no need to look for a copy command via right-clicking ... automatically done when you select the text.

@ITop_James - did you manage to get your order delivered after all?

Just remembered this.

/$ cgminer-api '{"command":"stats"}'
Reply was '{"STATUS":[{"STATUS":"S","When":1446747425,"Code":70,"Msg":"CGMiner stats","Description":"cgminer 4.8.0"}],"STATS":[{"STATS":0,"ID":"ANTR10","Elapsed":8393,"Calls":0,"Wait":0.000000,"Max":0.000000,"Min":99999999.000000,"GHS 5s":"15.84G","GHS av":"13.76G","read_time":200,"read_time_limit":0,"fullnonce":12.782252,"miner_count":1,"Hs":0.000000002976100,"W":0.000000,"total_values":0,"range":0,"history_count":0,"history_time":0.000000,"min_data_count":5,"timing_values":0,"timing_mode":"default","is_timing":false,"baud":115200,"work_division":1,"fpga_count":1,"USB Pipe":"0"}],"id":1}'
[{"STATUS":[{"STATUS":"S"] =>
(

• => {"STATUS":[{"STATUS":"S"
  • [1] => "When":1446747425
       [2] => "Code":70
       [3] => "Msg":"CGMiner stats"
       [4] => "Description":"cgminer 4.8.0"}]
       [5] => "STATS":[{"STATS":0
       [6] => "ID":"ANTR10"
       [7] => "Elapsed":8393
       [8] => "Calls":0
       [9] => "Wait":0.000000
       [10] => "Max":0.000000
       [11] => "Min":99999999.000000
       [12] => "GHS 5s":"15.84G"
       [13] => "GHS av":"13.76G"
       [14] => "read_time":200
       [15] => "read_time_limit":0
       [16] => "fullnonce":12.782252
       [17] => "miner_count":1
       [18] => "Hs":0.000000002976100
       [19] => "W":0.000000
       [20] => "total_values":0
       [21] => "range":0
       [22] => "history_count":0
       [23] => "history_time":0.000000
       [24] => "min_data_count":5
       [25] => "timing_values":0
       [26] => "timing_mode":"default"
       [27] => "is_timing":false
       [28] => "baud":115200
       [29] => "work_division":1
       [30] => "fpga_count":1
       [31] => "USB Pipe":"0"}]
       [32] => "id":1}
    )
Not sure if I have done this right or what it means but I opened a Terminal from WinSCP and pasted the command?

Also reminds me has anyone had an R1 from ITop as I have had one on order from them for quite some time now?

Rich

mm5aes

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:31:47 PM

Also reminds me has anyone had an R1 from ITop as I have had one on order from them for quite some time now?

Rich

Nope, not heard anything either.
They've been taken of the product list on the Bitmain site...

RichBC

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 07:01:43 PM

Rich

Yes it's very strage, you get the impression that not many were made in the first batch and no sign of a follow on. Had a mail from ITop on the 27th Oct to say no news from Bitmain.

Rich

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 09:37:27 PM

Rich

Yes it's very strage, you get the impression that not many were made in the first batch and no sign of a follow on. Had a mail from ITop on the 27th Oct to say no news from Bitmain.

Rich

The R1 is currently out so makes me wonder if they did not order in batch 1 and assumed they would have another batch soon to order in.   One would have guessed they would have had a batch by now.. so they could have gambled there guessing they would buy a batch 2 by now... I'm not sure.

They seem to do a lot of being first to show miners and info.  It would also not suprise me if companies did not like working with them.  Like how they leaked Avalon 6 I can't imagine Avalon was happy.   

But again all speculation I'm not sure on any of it.
itop_james

Activity: 68
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 12:04:46 AM

The R1 is currently out so makes me wonder if they did not order in batch 1 and assumed they would have another batch soon to order in.   One would have guessed they would have had a batch by now.. so they could have gambled there guessing they would buy a batch 2 by now... I'm not sure.

They seem to do a lot of being first to show miners and info.  It would also not suprise me if companies did not like working with them.  Like how they leaked Avalon 6 I can't imagine Avalon was happy.  

Just let you know , We  did send all the R1 orders purchased from iTOP ,and we  still have stock to ship .

I and other iTOP staff never leaked any information of any companies who had not yet posted to public.
Reviewed all your posts about iTOP , you have been trying to mention this all the time. so I clarify this here.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 01:08:24 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2015, 01:23:07 AM by notlist3d

The R1 is currently out so makes me wonder if they did not order in batch 1 and assumed they would have another batch soon to order in.   One would have guessed they would have had a batch by now.. so they could have gambled there guessing they would buy a batch 2 by now... I'm not sure.

They seem to do a lot of being first to show miners and info.  It would also not suprise me if companies did not like working with them.  Like how they leaked Avalon 6 I can't imagine Avalon was happy.  

Just let you know , We  did send all the R1 orders purchased from iTOP ,and we  still have stock to ship .

I and other iTOP staff never leaked any information of any companies who had not yet posted to public.
Reviewed all your posts about iTOP , you have been trying to mention this all the time. so I clarify this here.

I stand corrected.   I think trying to mention this all the time is a stretch, but people can make up your own mind.  I'm pretty sure my last Itop post before this was thanking you for releasing Avalon 6 info.  

I was guessing you did not have stock to ship from:

Rich

But appears you are saying that assumption is wrong.

There was just a few miners you were first to show before company.  I guess you had permission.  I was just surprised same source would have permission to post first from multiple companies (S5+, Avalon 6).  That is just not common.  But again I said I was speculating.

As I said it was all speculation I did not mean offense, was just surprised on amount you posted first on board before companies.  
itop_james

Activity: 68
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 04:00:30 AM

hmm...
Just curious you Always think The Information is New and The First  that actually already had quite a few people knew and published in several places else where on the internet already. and you always did your own speculation  that how companies/manufacturers think These Information had been "LEAKED" here after that .

RichBC

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 06:32:32 AM

Rich

Woke up this Morning and had an email to say that the R1 shipped from ITop Yesterday. So that is good news.  Smiley

Rich

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 06:46:03 AM

hmm...
Just curious you Always think The Information is New and The First  that actually already had quite a few people knew and published in several places else where on the internet already. and you always did your own speculation  that how companies/manufacturers think These Information had been "LEAKED" here after that .

I speculated it was from you as on both S5+ and Avalon 6 I believe you were first on board to post (I could be wrong).  But you never linked giving credit to another source or anything to suggest it  was not from you. So I speculated it was from you.  Again I could be wrong which you are saying I am.  I did not mean offense  just that you seemed to have it first on this board.

Re-look over my post's before the previous one my last one to you guys was thanking you for posting Avalon 6 info.  I did not mean to start a battle/fight so I appolgize if some of the speculation was wrong.   Lets leave it at that, no need to turn R1 thread into off topic.
daemonpro

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 03:29:51 AM

hey guys i just bought a antrouter r1 from crazyguy i love it and 100% support and recomend him to anyone who wants to buy anything bit related

also is anyone able to help me out

my house is pretty hot and i think the heat is causeing my R1 to zombie its only been doing it the last couple of days (and its been +20 c outside) so my house i slike 30 ish (no ac)

is anyone able to help me with a script to reboot my antrouter r1 every 30 min to a hour so that i can assure while im working it wont zombie out and not mine anything for 16 hours lol

any help would be muchly appreciated
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 03:34:18 AM

hey guys i just bought a antrouter r1 from crazyguy i love it and 100% support and recomend him to anyone who wants to buy anything bit related

also is anyone able to help me out

my house is pretty hot and i think the heat is causeing my R1 to zombie its only been doing it the last couple of days (and its been +20 c outside) so my house i slike 30 ish (no ac)

is anyone able to help me with a script to reboot my antrouter r1 every 30 min to a hour so that i can assure while im working it wont zombie out and not mine anything for 16 hours lol

any help would be muchly appreciated

There already is a script that should restart cgminer if the internal miner doesn't submit a share in x amount of time.

Can you be more specific on how it zombies out?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: