Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:35:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN AntRouter R1: 1st wireless networking device with bitcoin mining chip  (Read 77434 times)
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:12:51 PM

I need some help, hope there is an easy answer? I am not that familiar with setup of routers etc and the R1 Instructions are not exactly comprehensive...

At the moment have the R1 connected via Ethernet directly to my main Router. I have the WAN set to a static IP and everything is working fine. Wireless is also working and I can connect into the R1 either on it's static IP or via Wireless to do setup.

However I want move the R1 to a different room where there is no convenient Cable so want to use the wireless. What do I need to set such that the wireless in the R1 connects to the wireless on my main router, so that it just starts hashing wherever I plug it in?

Now a suplimentry question?  Smiley Assuming the above has been done, what do I then need to set such that I could plug up an S5 to the RJ45 on the R1 & have that connect to the Internet?

These questions may have been covered, but perhaps someone would not mind spelling it out?  Smiley

Rich

that is straight forward. just go into network wifi, delete the antrouter wifi.. and scan for network and connect to your home wifi as a client.. make it wwan and in the LAN firewall, so its green.

I did what is explained in above post and now i am fucked. As soon as you delete  antrouter wifi. you can not connect to router so u can not connect. Please careful while doing above action. RESET DO NOT WORK FOR ME

it works 100% if you follow everything.. altho i wouldnt do the last step if you dont need to, it really uses alot of cpu.

you have to make sure you put the wifi connection in the LAN firewall so it accepts incoming connections.
i see no reason the reset switch didnt work.. you hold it down till the lights blink
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 07:08:39 AM

that is straight forward. just go into network wifi, delete the antrouter wifi.. and scan for network and connect to your home wifi as a client.. make it wwan and in the LAN firewall, so its green.

Just going back to the first part of the question. R1 is connecting to my main router via wireless and connects and hashes. I can see it's IP if I log into the main router however I cannot log into it? Is there some part of the configuration I have missed.

If I plug up the RJ45 I can then log into the R1 via that IP OK

Rich

did you put the wwan in the LAN firewall.. the other ones are set to reject incoming connections..

its all in the howto i wrote up.. also it looks like you replaced that  whole line with the url.. you need to keep the src/gz barrier_breaker  part.. so its
src/gz barrier_breaker http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09/ar71xx/generic/packages/

Had to go away for a couple of days so did not get a chance to try this, however I am sure that you are right and I just cut and pasted over the whole line as opposed to just the address... Will also work out how to put wwan in the Firewall, assume that wwan is just the name you gave the new wireless connection?

As the R1 is OpenWRT based is there any general Router guide you can point me at? These things are easy when you do them all the time but the number of settings and options are a bit of a minefield without a proper manual?

@sky_g I have reset a couple of times sice I have had the R1 and it has worked fine. Also even if you have lost wireless connection you should still be able to connect throug the  Ethernet?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
sky_g

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 10:51:30 AM

Yes Ethernet work OK.

I will use using Ethernet only.

The instruction for set up of  R1 is very poor.
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 08:46:54 AM

can someone throw me a tutorial or something on how to compile cgminer-gekko on this?

there isnt enough space to put the source on the r1, and im not even sure i can compile it straight on it?
mm5aes

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 01:22:36 PM

Just received my AntRouter from Itop today.
They seem to have honored the free shipping. Thanks.
bitsolutions

Activity: 261
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 03:04:51 AM

can someone throw me a tutorial or something on how to compile cgminer-gekko on this?

there isnt enough space to put the source on the r1, and im not even sure i can compile it straight on it?

You can use OpenWRT buildroot to cross-compile it. You can't compile it on the device itself.

Mining Software Developer.
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 03:08:48 AM

You can use OpenWRT buildroot to cross-compile it. You can't compile it on the device itself.

i have to figure this out. is it a live build or iso?

i assume its linux..
RichBC

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:49:31 AM

So the R1 has been in peoples hands for over 6 Weeks now, the next unit to connect will be number 200. Given the way the number connected is presented "During the last 100 days in 199 valid miners" it will be interesting to see when we pass through 100 Days if the number starts to reduce?

Still seems a very small number to me and no sign of a second batch? So what are peoples thoughts on what is going on, is this an experiment that has gone wrong or are we going to see a lot of these being sold?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:59:29 AM

So the R1 has been in peoples hands for over 6 Weeks now, the next unit to connect will be number 200. Given the way the number connected is presented "During the last 100 days in 199 valid miners" it will be interesting to see when we pass through 100 Days if the number starts to reduce?

Still seems a very small number to me and no sign of a second batch? So what are peoples thoughts on what is going on, is this an experiment that has gone wrong or are we going to see a lot of these being sold?

Rich

perhaps they are building a batch with the new s7 chips.. the r2..
RichBC

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 08:06:42 AM

Rich

perhaps they are building a back with the new s7 chips.. the r2..

Using the BM1385 would make a lot of sense, more hash for less power, however still just a low hash lottery device and I do not think it would increase sales? Could just be that they have been very preoccupied with S7 Variants and this has taken a back seat?

Rich

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:42:38 AM

@RichBC

did you figure out anything about your r1 restarting? after getting my sidehack compac sticks and putting them on the r1 it restarts every few hours. its not a clean restart either because it leaves cgminer showing a low avg hash.

citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:00:10 AM

In the Bitmain landing page for R1... it says "201" valid miners - that would mean there are 201 R1s with stock firmware online currently?

Hmmm... I wonder how many units Bitmain is planning to sell... 201+++ in 100 days is not really that impressive...

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:04:46 AM

In the Bitmain landing page for R1... it says "201" valid miners - that would mean there are 201 R1s with stock firmware online currently?

Hmmm... I wonder how many units Bitmain is planning to sell... 201+++ in 100 days is not really that impressive...

they did sell out in the first day?

they might have only had a limited supply if bm1384 chips.
RichBC

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:05:44 AM

I think the 201 in 100 Days means that 200 Unique ID R1's have connected in the last 100 Days, not that there are 201 connected at the moment? For this reason after the first 100 Days are up we may see the number decrease?

Agreed the number is smaller than I expected, either means this was just a trial batch, or that people have not been plugging them in, or that people are pointing them at other places before connecting them, which I think is unlikely.

No sign of a second batch from Bitmain, so you have to wonder what is going on?

Rich

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:13:03 AM

I think the 201 in 100 Days means that 200 Unique ID R1's have connected in the last 100 Days, not that there are 201 connected at the moment? For this reason after the first 100 Days are up we may see the number decrease?

Agreed the number is smaller than I expected, either means this was just a trial batch, or that people have not been plugging them in, or that people are pointing them at other places before connecting them, which I think is unlikely.

No sign of a second batch from Bitmain, so you have to wonder what is going on?

Rich

as soon as you plug it in its setup to go online with bitmains id. so im pretty sure that number is pretty valid as the total..
RichBC

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:21:05 AM

as soon as you plug it in its setup to go online with bitmains id. so im pretty sure that number is pretty valid as the total..

Yes agreed I thought that was the case, what I was uncertain of was, does the device get registered as an additional R1 (using the MAC) at that point or when the user updates to their valid Bitmain email?

Rich

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:30:12 AM

Yes agreed I thought that was the case, what I was uncertain of was, does the device get registered as an additional R1 (using the MAC) at that point or when the user updates to their valid Bitmain email?

Rich

that i dont know, but it is a unique user..

did you see my post about the r1 restarting? did you figure it out? i think its running out of memory.. according to top the cgminer and cgminer-u3 are taking up over 100% memory.
RichBC

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:47:12 AM

@RichBC

did you figure out anything about your r1 restarting? after getting my sidehack compac sticks and putting them on the r1 it restarts every few hours. its not a clean restart either because it leaves cgminer showing a low avg hash.

Sorry missed this. No I have not got to the bottom of the restarts, sometimes runs for hours, other times less. Most of the time the Cron Job catches it but sometimes it is hashing but at a lower rate, so not detected by the Cron job, in which case just doing a save & apply on the frequency setting page gets it going again.

Rich

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:11:37 AM

@RichBC

Sorry missed this. No I have not got to the bottom of the restarts, sometimes runs for hours, other times less. Most of the time the Cron Job catches it but sometimes it is hashing but at a lower rate, so not detected by the Cron job, in which case just doing a save & apply on the frequency setting page gets it going again.

Rich

is it really hashing at a lower rate or is it just saying it is?
cause for me it seems to restart, and cgminer shows like 1ghs as avg but its still mining at the right speed on the solo pool.
RichBC

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:20:45 AM

Yes it is actually hashing as reported by Antpool. That said I have not looked too closely just restarted it. The slight complication is that I run at 15GH & usually when it "goes slow" it is showing the standard speed of 5GH, so although I do not think this is the case, I had wondered if it had somehow picked up the default frequency from somewhere?

Will take a closer look next time it does this. Is there anything else I can look at to help with the problem?

Rich

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: