Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:55:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN AntRouter R1: 1st wireless networking device with bitcoin mining chip  (Read 77432 times)
bitsolutions

Activity: 261
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:38:19 AM

PSA the default pool on the Antrouter R1 is now mining the altcoin ClassicCoin instead of Bitcoin.
Decoded Stratum Data from antrouter.antpool.com:3333 :
Code:
Block Version:30000000
Coinbase Sig:_Mined by AntPool bj2___l V__Pm_______

Mining Software Developer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 07:27:52 AM

PSA the default pool on the Antrouter R1 is now mining the altcoin ClassicCoin instead of Bitcoin.
Code:

the way they set it up you never did solo mine on your own bitcoin address anyway..
they just 'give' you the bitcoin if you personally find a block.. i actually think since the r1 will never mine a block they are taking the pools bitcoin for those accounts..

i actually switched mine to mine peercoin.. you have a better chance of getting a block.

RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 07:39:20 AM

Code:

the way they set it up you never did solo mine on your own bitcoin address anyway..
they just 'give' you the bitcoin if you personally find a block.. i actually think since the r1 will never mine a block they are taking the pools bitcoin for those accounts..

i actually switched mine to mine peercoin.. you have a better chance of getting a block.

Not quite understanding what this means? So if you  have a "standard" R1 you think you are Solo Mining Bitcoin and if you hit a block you will get 25 Coins?

You are saying that you are actually Mining ClassiCoin? So what will happen if you hit a block, wiil you be paid 25 Bitcoin? Surely the chances of hitting a ClassicCoin Block are greater than Bitcoin? Or am I misunderstanding what is going on here?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 07:43:26 AM

Code:

Not quite understanding what this means? So if you  have a "standard" R1 you think you are Solo Mining Bitcoin and if you hit a block you will get 25 Coins?

You are saying that you are actually Mining ClassiCoin? So what will happen if you hit a block, wiil you be paid 25 Bitcoin? Surely the chances of hitting a ClassicCoin Block are greater than Bitcoin? Or am I misunderstanding what is going on here?

Rich
im not sure, but to be honest the r1 mining thing was always quite sketchy.. first you were mining on an email address.. and as per bitmains instructions, the email was associated with the r1 on sale.. also they said if you did get a block, they had to email you to verify you bought the r1 from them.. but then since took that down. so who knows..

also, you arent really solo mining.. you are mining on their pool with their username.

bitsolutions

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 08:13:46 AM

Rich
I'm saying it's mining on a node that doesn't fully follow Bitcoin's consensus rules and could potentially mine a block on a different chain.

RichBC

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 08:20:59 AM

Rich
I'm saying it's mining on a node that doesn't fully follow Bitcoin's consensus rules and could potentially mine a block on a different chain.

Can you spell out what this means if someone did mine a Block and any thoughts on why Bitmain have things set up in this way?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
bitsolutions

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 09:37:54 AM

Can you spell out what this means if someone did mine a Block and any thoughts on why Bitmain have things set up in this way?

Rich
For the moment it probably won't really matter a whole lot but since the ClassicCoin altcoin has different consensus rules from Bitcoin it could potentially end up on the wrong side of a fork if it had its activation trigger. The way the ClassicCoin altcoin is programmed it could easily create two viable chains if it hits its activation threshold. Those who don't want to change to the altcoin should make sure they are following the Bitcoin chain and not the ClassicCoin chain by mining on pools that have Bitcoin nodes and not ClassicCoin nodes. As long as the ClassicCoin's activation doesn't trigger you will still be able to spend the coins as Bitcoins however.

klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 10:55:53 AM

We just received our Bitmain Antrouter R1 units, available here:

http://www.eyeboot.com/ASIC-Miners/antrouter-r1

$61 usd with shipping

For those who already pre-ordered with us, shipping starts tomorrow Smiley
RichBC

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Rich
For the moment it probably won't really matter a whole lot but since the ClassicCoin altcoin has different consensus rules from Bitcoin it could potentially end up on the wrong side of a fork if it had its activation trigger. The way the ClassicCoin altcoin is programmed it could easily create two viable chains if it hits its activation threshold. Those who don't want to change to the altcoin should make sure they are following the Bitcoin chain and not the ClassicCoin chain by mining on pools that have Bitcoin nodes and not ClassicCoin nodes. As long as the ClassicCoin's activation doesn't trigger you will still be able to spend the coins as Bitcoins however.

Thanks for the info. So is this just something that Bitmain have set up for the Antrouter R1 Pool or is general for all of Antpool? What is the ClasicCoin activation threshold and is there a way of knowing how close we are getting?

Rich

bitsolutions

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 12:36:52 PM

Thanks for the info. So is this just something that Bitmain have set up for the Antrouter R1 Pool or is general for all of Antpool? What is the ClasicCoin activation threshold and is there a way of knowing how close we are getting?

Rich
Only public Antpool server I've seen with ClassicCoin seems to be the Antrouter one. ClassicCoin threshold is 750 of the last 1000 blocks so that means about 70% hash power could trigger activation due to variance, this is in contrast to the 950/1000 threshold typically used for Bitcoin soft forks(lower thresholds are bad since they greatly increase the chance of there being two viable forks).

RichBC

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:46:39 AM

R1 Batch 2 is back up for sale after the Holiday, now at the expected $49. I hope that anyone that wanted one picked one up at the $39 pre Holiday Sale price?

Rich

jlauzon

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 05:56:52 AM

I just received several R1s from HolyBitcoin (great service, fast shipping BTW... holybitcoin.com <-- recommend)

I was able to set everything up on the unit I'm keeping for myself with no problems, except I can't get it to run my Gekko (compac) USB miners. I have 4 in total, but I'm trying to just get one working through a non-powered hub.

The compac stick was recognized for a short time...it flashed as it should when working and showed up in the R1 U3 Status page. It even created a worker on both antpool and f2pool, but then it just stops after a minute or two. I tried it at the default frequency on R1 and at max the firmware allows (218.5?). Adding power to the hub did nothing.

I see others are using the R1 as a compac stick controller...

1) You think CrazyGuy's firmware update might just make the problem go away?
2) Can anyone using R1/Gekko weigh in with any ideas as to why I get recognition, then "gone"?

Thanks!
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 07:01:42 AM

I just received several R1s from HolyBitcoin (great service, fast shipping BTW... holybitcoin.com <-- recommend)

I was able to set everything up on the unit I'm keeping for myself with no problems, except I can't get it to run my Gekko (compac) USB miners. I have 4 in total, but I'm trying to just get one working through a non-powered hub.

The compac stick was recognized for a short time...it flashed as it should when working and showed up in the R1 U3 Status page. It even created a worker on both antpool and f2pool, but then it just stops after a minute or two. I tried it at the default frequency on R1 and at max the firmware allows (218.5?). Adding power to the hub did nothing.

2) Can anyone using R1/Gekko weigh in with any ideas as to why I get recognition, then "gone"?

Thanks!

send you a pm that will help you out.
jlauzon

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 07:14:25 AM

Thanks!

send you a pm that will help you out.

Thanks man; very much appreciated.
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 12:07:56 PM

Anyone got one for sale? I'm based in the UK. Thanks.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 06:45:26 AM

We ship to UK, check out our site:

https://www.eyeboot.com

Use the normal shipping option ($6 usd) it is be E-Express Airmail so fully traceable and express once it enters UK.
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 07:27:38 AM

Use the normal shipping option ($6 usd) it is be E-Express Airmail so fully traceable and express once it enters UK.

Klintay, i bought your 49 port hub and received it today-- love it

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
vyckal

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:24:04 AM

I'm beginners mining, I buy AntRouter - R1, or will be able to USB port join 10 port usb hub with 2 Bi Fury 4 +GH/s and 1 BitFury Red Fury ASIC 2.2 GH/s
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 02:06:14 PM

I'm beginners mining, I buy AntRouter - R1, or will be able to USB port join 10 port usb hub with 2 Bi Fury 4 +GH/s and 1 BitFury Red Fury ASIC 2.2 GH/s

Neither of them will ROI so just make for sure you realize that before spending money on it.   On the stick miners you mention they are to high.  Go for a compac instead it is a good amount faster. 

But these are all more lotto miners is what I consider them.
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 12:26:40 PM

Have you got an U3's in stock? Or will you be getting any?

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: