Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:49:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash Uncensored: Zeuner, Zero Knowledge, Zero Trust. What Happened?  (Read 23456 times)
SLievensDRKSLK

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 11:53:12 PM

What I will do is add this as a reference as well as the reference to Shadowchat.

Once I finish my final write-up, and yes I have had to write some stuff myself Cheesy I will then go through (as I was going to anyway) and add in the relevent pointers to the correct references.

I would like to say that I have never had any issue personally with Rynomster, but then I don't invest in cryptocurrencies, it is just my full-time job. So for you guys it is a different ball game entirely.

I have paid him for editing our Gitian files for DarkSilk and nothing more, he did his job, well, got paid and that was that.

Again I am sorry if you guys are having issues Sad
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
child_harold (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:08:40 AM

Certainly crossovers though:

BitMessage - "We propose that nodes store all objects for two days"

ShadowChat - 48 Hours

"streams" *cough* buckets

More a carbon copy than a crossover as detailed in my original post.

These are the references in the Bitmessage white paper:

These are the references in the ShadowChat white paper:

They are the same, minus the Bitmessage paper (not otherwise mentioned in text) and some fluffy reference to the Declaration of Human Rights. None of the references are cited within the body of the Shadow paper since they have been thoughtlessly copied from Bitmessage.

The Encryption/Decryption process as described in the Bitmessage Wiki

The Encryption/Decryption process as described in the ShadowChat paper and also on https://github.com/ShadowProject/Shadow-Docs/blob/master/source/index.md

They are the same in every detail! Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Worst case the ShadowChat paper is disgusting plagiarism, best case it is totally redundant. I would advise against citing the ShadowChat paper in yours but rather the Bitmessage whitepaper and the Bitmessage Wiki.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:20:11 AM

Or you could have simply listened to othe who posted about ShadowChat being an obvious rip off of Bitmessage in 2014.

Some people like to take the scenic route, fair enough.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 01:03:21 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2015, 01:16:38 PM by SLievensDRKSLK

This is the first paragraph of the encrypted messaging section within the DarkSilk whitepaper, please bear in mind it is in its draft stage still:

Messaging in DarkSilk is a P2P (peer-to-peer) instant messaging system based upon ShadowChat which is in turn taken from Bitmessage, utilising state-of-the-art encryption technology to keep your communications private. All messages are encrypted by the proven AES-256-CBC algorithm, and distributed between nodes in such a way as to prevent the recipients of messages from being inferred by assailants utilising sophisticated traffic analysis, even if the assailants can view the entire network and/or run nodes of the network.

I have placed the Bitmessage reference at number 49 and ShadowChat as reference 50.
Wanderlust

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 01:52:32 PM

This is the first paragraph of the encrypted messaging section within the DarkSilk whitepaper, please bear in mind it is in its draft stage still:

Messaging in DarkSilk is a P2P (peer-to-peer) instant messaging system based upon ShadowChat which is in turn taken from Bitmessage, utilising state-of-the-art encryption technology to keep your communications private. All messages are encrypted by the proven AES-256-CBC algorithm, and distributed between nodes in such a way as to prevent the recipients of messages from being inferred by assailants utilising sophisticated traffic analysis, even if the assailants can view the entire network and/or run nodes of the network.

I have placed the Bitmessage reference at number 49 and ShadowChat as reference 50.

Why mention the ShadowChat paper at all?
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 03:19:56 PM

Because Rynomster has made changes to the code, it isn't as if he has done nothing.

I am of course not talking about the core but the overall chat within Shadow.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 03:37:27 PM

Either way I think the point is that even if he did use the Bitmessage code (which I assume is opensource) that is not the issue.

The issue is ethics.

I fully agree with the fact that any reference that should of been made, hadn't been made and the Shadow whitepaper hasn't been amended still.

I am happy to of found this information out.
child_harold (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 06:26:57 PM

Because Rynomster has made changes to the code, it isn't as if he has done nothing.

I am of course not talking about the core but the overall chat within Shadow.

Could you please enumerate or highlight these "changes" regarding ShadowChat and Bitmessage.
Sincerely, CH

child_harold (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 06:29:30 PM

Or you could have simply listened to othe who posted about ShadowChat being an obvious rip off of Bitmessage in 2014.

Seriously?! I had no idea (links to othe please)

Well the view's worth it…

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 06:36:50 PM

It was around the same time we were explaining how Shadowsend was mostly-uncredited Cryptonote clone, but few if any wanted to hear it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=700087.msg8156416#msg8156416

EDIT: Oh lookie, it is on the old, now-locked, unmoderated thread.
child_harold (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 06:48:49 PM

It was around the same time we were explaining how Shadowsend was mostly-uncredited Cryptonote clone, but few if any wanted to hear it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=700087.msg8156416#msg8156416

EDIT: Oh lookie, it is on the old, now-locked, unmoderated thread.

Jesus H. CHrist - I dunno what to say except perhaps that I'm sorry to all those who were sadly afflicted by my former enthusiasm for this disgusting project

All you SDC assholes had to do was be honest (e.g. we are implementing bitmessage). How the hell did u cock it up this badly u schilling plagiarizing scumbags?

* child_harold holds his hands up
"How the fuck could I be so blind!?"

LongAndShort - where the fuck are you now? Rynomster?

You people make me sick.

I AM VINDICATED. I WONT FORGET. Abusing another man's whitepaper is worse than screwing his wife. He doesn't own his wife. And you dont even have the balls to speak up?! Screw you.

Change your handles and move on to your next scam…

… and stick a fork in me 'cause I'm done.

child_harold (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 07:24:02 PM

OH GOD

WHAT HAVE I DONE? WHAT HAVE I BECOME?

I AM NO TROLL, just another lost soul with an extra grey cell.

To Rynomster,

You're a cold, big-balled Rambo saffer bastard to treat me thusly. I laid my heart on my sleeve for you. I fought DRK, XMR, BCN and countless others just for you and what I thought you'd made…

If I am wrong to judge you thusly then please step up and speak lest history forget your voice and remember mine in its place. Believe me or not I want peace even though some SDC bastards threw me to the lions.

Im still here, Im still singing.

I gave her my heart but she wanted my soul;
Dont think twice its alright.

* child_harold sheds a small manly tear… or two.

PS thanks smooth
PPS enjoy the snifter rusty
PPPS Good luck with the kid WC
PPPPS LongAndShort & Ryno …
It was OK while it lasted but you children fucked it right up.

I threw SDC under a train and it got run over.

Adieu.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 07:28:54 PM

To Rynomster,

From what I've heard Rynomaster isn't a bad guy. He was hired by some whales to dev a coin for them.

You can dig further or just get on with life. I recommend the latter, but that's just me.
child_harold (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 07:42:57 PM

To Rynomster,

From what I've heard Rynomaster isn't a bad guy. He was hired by some whales to dev a coin for them.

You can dig further or just get on with life. I recommend the latter, but that's just me.

For incalculable hours I ignored family and friends to help promote a project (Shadow) that has always lied to me. I told you before this is my passion and not some hobby. You have no idea the lengths I went to discover that Shadowsend is not cryptonote only to discover that it is. I have been manipulated, abused and lied to…

I dont care how "nice" Ryno is… besides actions speak louder than words. He chose to swim with whales much as I have chosen to swim solo.

Ryno authored two outrageous copies of bitmessage and a copy of cryptonote WITHOUT ATTRIBUTION and has made untold $$$ at the expense of the gullible. Go easy on him you say? I dont f*cking think so dude.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 07:46:50 PM

To Rynomster,

For incalculable hours I ignored family and friends to help promote a project (Shadow) that has always lied to me. I told you before this is my passion and not some hobby. You have no idea the lengths I went to discover that Shadowsend is not cryptonote only to discover that it is. I have been manipulated, abused and lied to…

I dont care how "nice" Ryno is… besides actions speak louder than words. He chose to swim with whales much as I have chosen to swim solo.

Ryno authored two outrageous copies of bitmessage and a copy of cryptonote WITHOUT ATTRIBUTION and has made untold $$$ at the expense of the gullible. Go easy on him you say? I dont f*cking think so dude.

All I'm saying is, Ryno may not be  (and, indeed, probably is not) the prime mover. Does that excuse the shameful way the white papers were presented? No.
child_harold (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:05:05 PM

To Rynomster,

All I'm saying is, Ryno may not be  (and, indeed, probably is not) the prime mover. Does that excuse the shameful way the white papers were presented? No.

And even if he was not the "prime mover" he is an accessory to the crime(s), facilitated the crime(s) and profited from the crime(s)!

What am I missing here smooth? Is there something you wanna tell me?

You speak of karma (or at least those in your circles sometimes do), well this is the karma bitch.

Ryno hasnt even manned up and posted in this thread… gimme one GOOD reason I should drop this matter.
Ripping off a white paper should be the 8th deadly sin, and he did it three times.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:18:41 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2015, 09:05:50 PM by smooth

To Rynomster,

All I'm saying is, Ryno may not be  (and, indeed, probably is not) the prime mover. Does that excuse the shameful way the white papers were presented? No.

And even if he was not the "prime mover" he is an accessory to the crime(s), facilitated the crime(s) and profited from the crime(s)!

You speak of karma (or at least those in your circles sometimes do), well this is the karma bitch.

Ryno hasnt even manned up and posted in this thread… gimme one GOOD reason I should drop this matter.
Ripping off a white paper should be the 8th deadly sin, and he did it three times.

You're missing nothing. I never said to drop the matter either, only suggested not to focus too much on one hired gun. That is just my suggestion though, you are free to ignore it, and I don't disagree with you about the white papers.

Wanderlust

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 01:02:00 AM

To Rynomster,

All I'm saying is, Ryno may not be  (and, indeed, probably is not) the prime mover. Does that excuse the shameful way the white papers were presented? No.

You're missing nothing. I never said to drop the matter either, only suggested not to focus too much on one hired gun. That is just my suggestion though, you are free to ignore it, and I don't disagree with you about the white papers.

Were it a snake whose head needed removal I might perhaps (exhausted as I am) be interested. However since my adversary is a hydra without any humanity I will (for the time being) focus on its vehicle, a coder called Ryno.
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 09:07:33 PM

Y'all have lost your damn minds for still going on about this crap. Really? Citing where shadowchat picked out it's guts from is your issue? Like the smallest little bonus built into the innovative shit is what you have a problem with? And if I remember right the last citing issue there was a problem with turned out to be a nonstarter because the source was mentioned later.

LOL'ing @ smooth! Jesus you just can't help it can you. This guy has issues, stop stoking the fire. lol

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
sickandtired

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:55:12 AM

ROFL , while they keep ignoring you they just shared the 5th update of the update of the last update of the coming update!

This is hilarious Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: