Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:47:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash Uncensored: Zeuner, Zero Knowledge, Zero Trust. What Happened?  (Read 23456 times)
WhoYouTalking2

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:03:09 PM

Sad truth.… coin is real, no one wants it, peer review is not coming

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wanderlust

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 05:26:57 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2015, 05:42:56 PM by Wanderlust

<snip>

First time
Ryno et al have had almost 12 months to provide the docs ("the maths looks like Monero" P Todd's expert friend) and enough is enough.  Angry

As far as I can tell SDC is BTC with a CN token. Not necessarily difficult to code and NOT innovative.

OK, so by your logic – if it's not difficult to code, how can it be difficult to review without the docs?

I'm still waiting for your answer. WE demand answer! No, I DESERVE answer! Why won't you answer me? What are you hiding? Aaaaa big red flag! You're a scam, you know?

..sounds familiar? Wink /s

How are we supposed to take you seriously when even you don't play by your rules?

If it's not difficult for a man to cook, how can it be difficult for another man to write the recipe without knowing the ingredients?

Nobody told Zeuner it was a Crytonote clone

Boom
Wanderlust

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 05:50:25 PM

If you have even a basic understanding of algebra you can compare the equations in the Traceable Ring Signature paper, the Proofs of Partial Knowledge and Simplified Design of Witness Hiding Protocols, the Cryptonote 2.0 paper and the ShadowSend 2.0 paper.

Having to rely on "experts" makes you vulnerable to bad actors. You've chosen not to attempt to understand anything. Start small. Everything in computer science is very small things put together to build something larger. It's like a big lego set but instead of different sized blocks of different colors, you put together different sized blocks of different letters.

The dual token is used because Shadow originated as a public token on a public blockchain. If you don't think adding ring signatures and a second token to an existing codebase for the first time is a large undertaking for 3 part time developers, you need to take a step back.

Bottom line, the algorithm used by CryptoNote was not cloned to Shadow. Ring signatures, zero knowledge proofs exist in both and the algorithms have certain similarities due to the nature of integrating such cryptography. The devs main goal is a complete private financial platform, not cryptography research.

A basic understinh of algebra ...

Bottom line, no CrytoNote, no Shadow. If u want anon just use a CN coin and not this untested hybrid
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 07:11:05 PM

If you have even a basic understanding of algebra you can compare the equations in the Traceable Ring Signature paper, the Proofs of Partial Knowledge and Simplified Design of Witness Hiding Protocols, the Cryptonote 2.0 paper and the ShadowSend 2.0 paper.

Having to rely on "experts" makes you vulnerable to bad actors. You've chosen not to attempt to understand anything. Start small. Everything in computer science is very small things put together to build something larger. It's like a big lego set but instead of different sized blocks of different colors, you put together different sized blocks of different letters.

The dual token is used because Shadow originated as a public token on a public blockchain. If you don't think adding ring signatures and a second token to an existing codebase for the first time is a large undertaking for 3 part time developers, you need to take a step back.

Bottom line, the algorithm used by CryptoNote was not cloned to Shadow. Ring signatures, zero knowledge proofs exist in both and the algorithms have certain similarities due to the nature of integrating such cryptography. The devs main goal is a complete private financial platform, not cryptography research.

A basic understinh of algebra ...

Bottom line, no CrytoNote, no Shadow. If u want anon just use a CN coin and not this untested hybrid

Untested hybrid? Shadows network has been using ShadowSend2 for almost an entire year. There are bug bounties in place (some pretty high rewards) for any major and minor bugs. If you or anyone else can deanonymize ShadowSend, please do. You will be rewarded for your work by the Shadow team. Child_Harold/Wanderlust might also suck your dick as a bonus.

How long did it take for the CN clones to be deemed "tested" by your standard?
deliveryman

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 08:09:47 PM

Y'all are too funny. Shadow is a p chill coin and when the market launches icw shadowsend u all going to cry that u didnt invest or took part in support

Ch indeed a child.

A market whitepaper should have been delivered before the market coding. And even when a whitepaper for the market is released it'll be written as poorly as its predecessors: ShadowChat (BitMessage clone), ShadowSend (CN clone)

I posit that NOBODY will TRUST such technology, or at least nobody should.

The upcoming alpha will not include decentralized escrow and is non-functional. I hope you do not plan to pump such incomplete tech, as pretty as it might seem.

Nobody owes you anything. Go write your own review you reliable sheep.
I'd suggest you never come back to the open-source landscape your in. Have talken with Ryno and it will have decentralised escrow so i dont know where you get your stupidity from but certainly not from the correct sources.

If you don't like the tech, or shadow project in general. Please move on.
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 08:20:46 PM

You are wrong... always.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
child_harold (OP)

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:28:41 AM

XMR vs SDC

The current main differences are the codebases (any improvements made to Bitcoin can be implemented to SDC easier [BIP 32,39,44 as we've just seen implemented], but it also inherits any potential weaknesses), and the consensus protocols (PoW vs PoS). Both coins handle public and private transactions differently aswell. I believe the encrypted chat is unique to Shadow aswell (originally developed by Shadow's devs).

NeosCoin put PGP messaging in the wallet, but I believe SDC is the only one with distributed messaging that obscures even that a message has been sent or received by a user.

see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=700087.msg8156416#msg8156416

another dodgy whitepaper

SHADOWCHAT: BITMESSAGE CLONE?

Re: [ANN][SDC] ShadowCoin | PoS with PoW distribution | ShadowChat P2P EM System
August 02, 2014, 08:45:38 PM

Of course dudes.

another funny note, shadowcoin message "whitepaper pdf" has the following footnotes:

4. References
[1] “The Universal Declaration of Human Rights”
http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/index.shtml 1948
[2] S. Nakamoto, “Bitcoin: A Peer‐to‐Peer Electronic Cash System,” http://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf,
[3] J. Warren “Bitmessage: A Peer‐to‐Peer Message Authentication and Delivery System“
http://bitmessage.org/bitmessage.pdf, 2012 <-- Thats the whitepaper they copied from
[4] A. Harris, “Spy Agency Sought U.S. Call Records Before 9/11, Lawyers Say,”
www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=abIV0cO64zJE , 2006
[5] E. Mills, “Fraudulent Google certificate points to Internet attack,” http://news.cnet.com/8301‐
27080_3‐20098894‐245/fraudulent‐google‐certificate‐points‐to‐internet‐attack/ , 2011
[6] J. Bamford, “The NSA Is Building the Country’s Biggest Spy Center (Watch What You Say),”
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/all/1 , 2012
[7] “Now We Know What the Battle Was About,” http://www.newsweek.com/id/174602 , 2008
[8] E. Lichtblau, J. Risen, “Officials Say U.S. Wiretaps Exceeded Law,”
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/16/us/16nsa.html , 2009
[9] H. Adkins, “An update on attempted man‐in‐the‐middle attacks,”
http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com/2011/08/update‐on‐attempted‐man‐in‐middle.html,
[10] P. Eckersley, J. Burns, “An Observatory for the SSLiverse,”
https://www.eff.org/files/DefconSSLiverse.pdf , 2010

The Bitmessage Whitepaper has: https://bitmessage.org/bitmessage.pdf

References

[1] “Now We Know What the Battle Was About,” http://www.newsweek.com/id/174602 , 2008
[2] A. Harris, “Spy Agency Sought U.S. Call Records Before 9/11, Lawyers Say,”
www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=abIV0cO64zJE , 2006
[3] J. Bamford, “The NSA Is Building the Country’s Biggest Spy Center (Watch What You Say),”
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/all/1 , 2012
[4] E. Lichtblau, J. Risen, “Officials Say U.S. Wiretaps Exceeded Law,”
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/16/us/16nsa.html , 2009
[5] E. Mills, “Fraudulent Google certificate points to Internet attack,” http://news.cnet.com/8301‐
27080_3‐20098894‐245/fraudulent‐google‐certificate‐points‐to‐internet‐attack/ , 2011
[6] H. Adkins, “An update on attempted man‐in‐the‐middle attacks,”
http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com/2011/08/update‐on‐attempted‐man‐in‐middle.html ,
[7] P. Eckersley, J. Burns, “An Observatory for the SSLiverse,”
https://www.eff.org/files/DefconSSLiverse.pdf , 2010
[8] S. Nakamoto, “Bitcoin: A Peer‐to‐Peer Electronic Cash System,” http://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf ,

* Bold are the references who are the same in both Papers, where of course only the Bitmessage whitepaper is to be considered a real whitepaper.

First of all, if you write a whitepaper and add footnotes, you have to reference them in the text...But of course you cant because you reworded the text too much.
Second, you basically added a preample (We shadowcoin team believe in human rights blabla) and then reworded the Bitmessage whitepaper letting out all interesting stuff?

So, you cloned Bitmessage basically? Whats the point?

child_harold (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:33:41 AM

Untested hybrid? Shadows network has been using ShadowSend2 for almost an entire year. There are bug bounties in place (some pretty high rewards) for any major and minor bugs. If you or anyone else can deanonymize ShadowSend, please do. You will be rewarded for your work by the Shadow team. Child_Harold/Wanderlust might also suck your dick as a bonus.

1.post an SDC>SDT tx and I'll guess the value sent looking at inputs/ouputs on chain. I got pretty good at it back in the day
2. Burn 200SDC for SDT and then burn the SDT for 200SDC and I'll tell you the address of the newly created SDC Smiley

Have talken with Ryno and it will have decentralised escrow so i dont know where you get your stupidity from but certainly not from the correct sources.

From the roadmap and what the team said. Please link Ryno's comment, or the BitBay whitepaper Tongue

deliveryman

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:23:37 PM

1.post an SDC>SDT tx and I'll guess the value sent looking at inputs/ouputs on chain. I got pretty good at it back in the day
2. Burn 200SDC for SDT and then burn the SDT for 200SDC and I'll tell you the address of the newly created SDC Smiley

Have talken with Ryno and it will have decentralised escrow so i dont know where you get your stupidity from but certainly not from the correct sources.

From the roadmap and what the team said. Please link Ryno's comment, or the BitBay whitepaper Tongue

Mate i dont have to proof anything. I've talked with him weekly and it will happen. The roadmap is a bit outdated afaik. But can't blame them for that as software development is hard to schedule and deadlines are very hard to set in the world of development. Send a PM to him yourself and ask about it (in a friendly manner) and im sure he will update you on the current progress and explain about the escrow system. It really is that simple..

You will see for yourself in a few weeks that there will be smart escrow in place. If you have the patience.. (at this moment doesnt look like it)

Wheatclove

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:35:14 PM

Mate i dont have to proof anything. I've talked with him weekly and it will happen. The roadmap is a bit outdated afaik. But can't blame them for that as software development is hard to schedule and deadlines are very hard to set in the world of development. Send a PM to him yourself and ask about it (in a friendly manner) and im sure he will update you on the current progress and explain about the escrow system. It really is that simple..

You will see for yourself in a few weeks that there will be smart escrow in place. If you have the patience.. (at this moment doesnt look like it)

Thats not how CH behaves. He would rather kick up dust, screaming about bullshit than PM Ryno.
Wanderlust

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 11:12:19 PM

Thats not how CH behaves. He would rather kick up dust, screaming about bullshit than PM Ryno.

Accept my challenge Le Cock de L'Amour?

Anon TX please and I tell u how much you spent (prob ur entire wod Wink)
Wanderlust

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 11:26:34 PM

Asking questions does not create FUD, not answering them does.

Boom

Has the SDC community heard of the term
Plagiarism ?

I'm all up for open source but u can't just fuck around somebody else's paper/tech and call if ur own after some shiny marketing. You are not Steve Jobs and Apple Tongue At least they had a vision.  U change yours as suits e.g first a bank, then a market
Wanderlust

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 12:14:10 AM

Donation campaign appears to be a success if anyone was interested. Ryno received well beyond the 10 BTC he needed to develop through November.

Could you post the donation addy please? TY
deliveryman

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 08:55:41 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2015, 09:13:22 AM by deliveryman

Donation campaign appears to be a success if anyone was interested. Ryno received well beyond the 10 BTC he needed to develop through November.

Could you post the donation addy please? TY

This proves again that you cant figure anything out yourself and are reliable af

The whitepaper gives huge credit to all other code and is build upon it. Nothing wrong with that.

I suggest to leave shadow alone if u dont like it. We love it and its going to be huge Smiley

Gillette

Activity: 744

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 09:18:55 PM

Is it a joke or is it really possible to deanonymize ShadowSend transactions?
systh

Activity: 390

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 09:41:16 PM

If you (or anyone) deanonymize ShadowSend, you'll make sweet $1500. So go ahead, you're all encouraged.

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
Wheatclove

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 11:30:54 PM

Lol no its not possible. I'll play CH's little game as soon as I get all my wallets running and synced up.
child_harold (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 01:09:06 PM

Lol no its not possible. I'll play CH's little game as soon as I get all my wallets running and synced up.

BASICS:
1. Shadow uses 2 tokens, one like BTC (SDC) and the other like Crytonote (SDT).

2. SDC>SDT: All the currency is minted as SDC and the user can at will burn SDC to create an SDT token by making an SDC>SDT TX. This is NOT fully anonymous.

3. SDT>SDT: Once a user has created SDT (Cryptonote) tokens he can send an SDT>SDT TX which (at least theoretically since no code audit has been performed) is like a Monero (Cryptonote) TX and anonymises the sender and receiver and amount.

4. SDT>SDC send is there to burn your SDT tokens and create SDC: Why would you even do this? Only SDC stakes and there is no trading of SDT tokens. When this TX is sent the SDC are created in a newly generated address. This is NOT fully anonymous.

PROBLEMS: 
1. Whilst SDT tokens might be anonymous, SDC tokens are not and SDC tokens compromises the anonymity of the SDT tokens. Since we now the total supply of SDC at any given time, blockchain analysis tells us how many SDT are in circulation at any given time.  When the SDC supply drops we know the SDT supply has increased and vice versa. Studying the balances of SDC addresses on the blockchain as these fluctuations in SDC/SDT supply occur leaks information.

2. If a user burns a specific amount of SDC (e.g. 666.666) to create SDT and then the recipient burns them straight back to SDC minus tx fees (e.g. 666.566), blockchain analysis makes a clear connection. The fluctuations of SDC balances on the blockchain reveal information about SDT usage.

3. As a result of a user should create a larger pool of SDT which he occasionally spends from to increase his anonymity. Therefor a user's behaviour can increase or decrease the efficacy of the system's anonymity.

4. The system is far too convoluted for an average user and less anonymous than a crytonote coin.

CONCLUSION:
From the perspective of anonymity the only useful TX is an SDT>SDT TX which acts as a cryptonote/Monero TX. The SDC tokens which are destroyed to create SDT compromise the anonymity of the system and user since SDC>SDT and SDT>SDC leak information. As a clever friend pointed out, why even have two tokens? I believe Monero and CN coins to be more anonymous than ShadowCash. The lack of peer review, thin whitepaper and lack of proper discussion for ShadowSend strengthens this view.

Wheatclove

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 03:06:17 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2015, 03:28:09 PM by Wheatclove

BASICS:

2. SDC>SDT: All the currency is minted as SDC and the user can at will burn SDC to create an SDT token by making an SDC>SDT TX. This is NOT fully anonymous.

3. SDT>SDT: Once a user has created SDT (Cryptonote) tokens he can send an SDT>SDT TX which (at least theoretically since no code audit has been performed) is like a Monero (Cryptonote) TX and anonymises the sender and receiver and amount.

4. SDT>SDC send is there to burn your SDT tokens and create SDC: Why would you even do this? Only SDC stakes and there is no trading of SDT tokens. When this TX is sent the SDC are created in a newly generated address. This is NOT fully anonymous.

PROBLEMS:  
1. Whilst SDT tokens might be anonymous, SDC tokens are not and SDC tokens compromises the anonymity of the SDT tokens. Since we now the total supply of SDC at any given time, blockchain analysis tells us how many SDT are in circulation at any given time.  When the SDC supply drops we know the SDT supply has increased and vice versa. Studying the balances of SDC addresses on the blockchain as these fluctuations in SDC/SDT supply occur leaks information.

2. If a user burns a specific amount of SDC (e.g. 666.666) to create SDT and then the recipient burns them straight back to SDC minus tx fees (e.g. 666.566), blockchain analysis makes a clear connection. The fluctuations of SDC balances on the blockchain reveal information about SDT usage.

3. As a result of a user should create a larger pool of SDT which he occasionally spends from to increase his anonymity. Therefor a user's behaviour can increase or decrease the efficacy of the system's anonymity.

4. The system is far too convoluted for an average user and less anonymous than a crytonote coin.

CONCLUSION:
From the perspective of anonymity the only useful TX is an SDT>SDT TX which acts as a cryptonote/Monero TX. The SDC tokens which are destroyed to create SDT compromise the anonymity of the system and user since SDC>SDT and SDT>SDC leak information. As a clever friend pointed out, why even have two tokens? I believe Monero and CN coins to be more anonymous than ShadowCash. The lack of peer review, thin whitepaper and lack of proper discussion for ShadowSend strengthens this view.

Your entire argument is based on the monitoring of the total supply of SDC.
Which is a good argument if there is only 1 person destroying sdc for sdt and vice versa.

An increase in transaction volume (>1) destroys your argument.

Not to mention there is still no link between sender and receiver after all is said and done.
systh

Activity: 390

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 03:09:44 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2015, 04:22:22 PM by systh

BASICS:

PROBLEMS:  
1. Whilst SDT tokens might be anonymous, SDC tokens are not and SDC tokens compromises the anonymity of the SDT tokens. Since we now the total supply of SDC at any given time, blockchain analysis tells us how many SDT are in circulation at any given time.  When the SDC supply drops we know the SDT supply has increased and vice versa. Studying the balances of SDC addresses on the blockchain as these fluctuations in SDC/SDT supply occur leaks information.

CONCLUSION:

I really love it how you fail even in points you marked as "BASICS".

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: