Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:11:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash Uncensored: Zeuner, Zero Knowledge, Zero Trust. What Happened?  (Read 23456 times)
Wanderlust

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 02:18:36 AM

It seems that most people around here agree that smooth is behaving unprofessionally and unethically with his constant biased criticisms of competitor coins.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151565.0

Its all too obvious what he is doing here. 

i dont ;-)
IMHO people who fell for scams, or running scam coins, or like deceiving marketing tactics thinks like that.

He is a developer for two competing coins, he certainly has got bias and a track history of doing this as well.

And how many coins has Ryno coded for? What's your point?

Tread lightly Rusty, the ice is thin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 03:59:38 AM

It seems that most people around here agree that smooth is behaving unprofessionally and unethically with his constant biased criticisms of competitor coins.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151565.0

i dont ;-)
IMHO people who fell for scams, or running scam coins, or like deceiving marketing tactics thinks like that.

He is a developer for two competing coins, he certainly has got bias and a track history of doing this as well.

Well I thought my point was fairly clear in that smooth has an obvious agenda here.

I wouldn't know how many coins ryno has worked on in the past, at least 3 to my knowledge.  And so what, he is an "in demand" developer who has skills that other coin devs need because they cant do it themselves.  He has to earn a living somehow.  And if the ice is thin, then go ahead and smash through it, if you know something that I don't then please enlighten me.
sickandtired

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 04:26:57 AM

i dont ;-)

Well I thought my point was fairly clear in that smooth has an obvious agenda here.

I wouldn't know how many coins ryno has worked on in the past, at least 3 to my knowledge.  And so what, he is an "in demand" developer who has skills that other coin devs need because they cant do it themselves.  He has to earn a living somehow.  And if the ice is thin, then go ahead and smash through it, if you know something that I don't then please enlighten me.

Those 3 have been pump and dumps go look at their charts, Ryno and the pump and dump group has their own agenda too in the arts of deception.

You wouldn't happen to be in the group by any chance?

I bet 1 BTC Shadow dies within a year after the next pump, if any, and he will just "get magically hired" somewhere else to "eat" as you say.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 05:15:43 AM

i dont ;-)

You're damn right I have an agenda. I'm interested in seeing cryptocurrency succeed and supporting sustainable projects that aren't centrally run by a some pump group whales trying to fleece gullible investors who fall for hype, scams, rip-offs, and plagiarizing scumbags. There are damn few legit projects around here that don't fall in one or more of those groups, and as for the rest, well now you know where all those 'votes' on the hate poll against me came from (the ones that aren't sock puppets at least).
rhinomonkey

Activity: 646

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 06:14:12 AM

It seems that most people around here agree that smooth is behaving unprofessionally and unethically with his constant biased criticisms of competitor coins.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151565.0

i dont ;-)

You're damn right I have an agenda. I'm interested in seeing cryptocurrency succeed and supporting sustainable projects that aren't centrally run by a some pump group whales trying to fleece gullible investors who fall for hype, scams, rip-offs, and plagiarizing scumbags. There are damn few legit projects around here that don't fall in one or more of those groups, and as for the rest, well now you know where all those 'votes' on the hate poll against me came from (the ones that aren't sock puppets at least).

Smooth, if you were concerned about SDC being a pump and dump, did you try to say something (specifically about it being "centrally run by a some pump group whales" before? If you didn't then how can you try to weave that in to your narrative against SDC now? You had to have known prior to now, so bringing it up now would be inconsistent, unless your feelings have suddenly changed.

Also, if you are here for the greater good of altcoins, you should have voraciously posted in other coin threads attempting to stop noobz from being scammed. Have you?

If you haven't either a) tried to tell people about SDC being a pump and dump (which I have yet to see anything to substantiate that claim) before now and b) haven't posted in other threads shitting on coins that are "over-hyped, scams, rip-offs, and plagiarizing" then your sentiment towards SDC is not consistent and thus suspicious. Could you defend yourself?

I am genuinely curious. I find it hard to take you seriously as a white knight defending investors from scams at the moment.

If your sentiment has been consistent throughout, which I would need to see to believe, then how do you prioritize which coin is the most scammy? Is there a check-list that you have typed up that results in a score leading you to one particular coin? Obviously, it would be the most utilitarian to protect people from the "scams" with the most potential to do damage.

Take CRAVE for instance, a bunch of people lost money there. Did you try to save the investors? The volume on that coin was in the 100s of bitcoin, which would pose far more of a risk as a scam than something with say 5 bitcoin per day.

Enlighten me.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 06:35:22 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2015, 07:02:22 AM by smooth

i dont ;-)

Smooth, if you were concerned about SDC being a pump and dump, did you try to say something (specifically about it being "centrally run by a some pump group whales" before? If you didn't then how can you try to weave that in to your narrative against SDC now? You had to have known prior to now, so bringing it up now would be inconsistent, unless your feelings have suddenly changed.

I did not state which categories include SDC. Since I don't have solid proof for the others, I'll just stick with hype and failing to clearly credit prior work, which is quite self-evident from the way the white papers were presented. That's enough for me to suggest that people stay away. I also don't support fast-mine coins generally, so that's two red flags against SDC. More than enough for me to remove it from my list of favorites.

But to answer your question specifically, I have indeed commented on the fast mine nature of it being dangerous and suspicious and certainly about the exaggerated claims of original cryptography. More so the latter, but both on occasion. Going back to last year.

Also, if you are here for the greater good of altcoins, you should have voraciously posted in other coin threads attempting to stop noobz from being scammed. Have you?

There are 1000+ coins. No I'm not going to go search out every single suspect coin. Some cross my path, some don't. SDC crossed my path because of the way it was falsely portrayed as not being based on Cryptonote, when it clearly was, and I was asked by some users reading the SDC thread (when I wasn't) to comment on what was being claimed there, so I did.

Oh, and so I'm not misunderstood, I never said I was interested in the "greater good of altcoins". I said success of "cryptocurrency", and to that end most users or investors would be well served by just sticking with Bitcoin and staying clear of the whole altcoin cesspool. The worthwhile non-scam altcoins are few and far between, and even without them being scams, the risk of loss is extremely high.

Even in the case of coins I'm involved with directly (which I obviously don't consider scams), I've still suggested people limit exposure and consider focusing most attention and investment (if any) on Bitcoin (which is what I've done personally, and I've said so).

If you haven't either a) tried to tell people about SDC being a pump and dump (which I have yet to see anything to substantiate that claim) before now and b) haven't posted in other threads shitting on coins that are "over-hyped, scams, rip-offs, and plagiarizing" then your sentiment towards SDC is not consistent and thus suspicious. Could you defend yourself?

I am genuinely curious. I find it hard to take you seriously as a white knight defending investors from scams at the moment.

If your sentiment has been consistent throughout, which I would need to see to believe, then how do you prioritize which coin is the most scammy? Is there a check-list that you have typed up that results in a score leading you to one particular coin? Obviously, it would be the most utilitarian to protect people from the "scams" with the most potential to do damage.

Some coins cross my path, some don't. I evaluate them, and give my opinion. I don't seek them out.

As it turns out, most coins I ever had occasion to evaluate are scammy in pretty significant ways. That shouldn't be surprising given the prevalence of scams and the often hyper-competitive nature of the altcoin scene. The degree varies. SDC doesn't look like the worst of the worst certainly, nor have I ever claimed it was. If you will recall a few posts back I suggested CH to get on with life and leave it alone. But I'm also not going to remain silent about the red flags that are clearly visible or sugar coat things when someone asks me or when we are discussing it.

I've also done my share of policing scammers outside of bad coins, including loan scammers, malware, craigslist and localbitcoins scams, cloud mining scams, fake software licenses, suspcious exchanges, and others. I even threw out a few warnings about Mt Gox red flags back in the day.

But hey, believe what you like. If you think it makes more sense that I'm specifically targeting #45 ShadowCash for FUD out of some sort of conflict of interest or plan to profit from doing so, I guess I can't convince you otherwise.

Take CRAVE for instance, a bunch of people lost money there. Did you try to save the investors? The volume on that coin was in the 100s of bitcoin, which would pose far more of a risk as a scam than something with say 5 bitcoin per day.

Enlighten me.

I have never paid the slightest attention to CRAVE, and I know nothing about it. Sorry, can't be everywhere all the time.
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 07:11:49 AM

It seems that most people around here agree that smooth is behaving unprofessionally and unethically with his constant biased criticisms of competitor coins.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151565.0

i dont ;-)

I did not state which categories include SDC. Since I don't have solid proof for the others, I'll just stick with hype and failing to clearly credit prior work, which is quite self-evident from the way the white papers were presented. That's enough for me to suggest that people stay away. I also don't support fast-mine coins generally, so that's two red flags against SDC. More than enough for me to remove it from my list of favorites.

But to answer your question specifically, I have indeed commented on the fast mine nature of it being dangerous and suspicious and certainly about the exaggerated claims of original cryptography. More so the latter, but both on occasion. Going back to last year.

There are 1000+ coins. No I'm not going to go search out every single suspect coin. Some cross my path, some don't. SDC crossed my path because of the way it was falsely portrayed as not being based on Cryptonote, when it clearly was, and I was asked by some users reading the SDC thread (when I wasn't) to comment on what was being claimed there, so I did.

Oh, and so I'm not misunderstood, I never said I was interested in the "greater good of altcoins". I said success of "cryptocurrency", and to that end most users or investors would be well served by just sticking with Bitcoin and staying clear of the whole altcoin cesspool. The worthwhile non-scam altcoins are few and far between, and even without them being scams, the risk of loss is extremely high.

Even in the case of coins I'm involved with directly (which I obviously don't consider scams), I've still suggested people limit exposure and consider focusing most attention and investment (if any) on Bitcoin (which is what I've done personally, and I've said so).

Some coins cross my path, some don't. I evaluate them, and give my opinion. I don't seek them out.

As it turns out, most coins I ever had occasion to evaluate are scammy in pretty significant ways. That shouldn't be surprising given the prevalence of scams and the often hyper-competitive nature of the altcoin scene. The degree varies. SDC doesn't look like the worst of the worst certainly, nor have I ever claimed it was. If you will recall a few posts back I suggested CH to get on with life and leave it alone. But I'm also not going to remain silent about the red flags that are clearly visible or sugar coat things when someone asks me or when we are discussing it.

I've also done my share of policing scammers outside of bad coins, including loan scammers, malware, fake software licenses, suspcious exchanges, and others. I even threw out a few warnings about Mt Gox red flags back in the day.

But hey, believe what you like. If you think it makes more sense that I'm specifically targeting #45 ShadowCash for FUD out of some sort of conflict of interest or plan to profit from doing so, I guess I can't convince you otherwise.

Enlighten me.

I have never paid the slightest attention to CRAVE, and I know nothing about it. Sorry, can't be everywhere all the time.

That is fair. I was just looking for some clarification because it is difficult to gain an accurate picture of someone's intentions by going through past posts here and in other threads. I also like to hear things from the source.

I was unsure because if you recall in your post suggesting that CH drop the entire subject, you also said that Ryno had been hired by whales, which seems to me to be entirely a rumor. When you add comments like that to otherwise sound, though occasionally exaggerated concerns, it can come off as a targeted attack. I figured I would ask you to see what you had to say as opposed to accusing you directly.

But anyways, thanks for the response, and I apologize if my tone was accusatory. 

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 07:21:50 AM

That is fair. I was just looking for some clarification because it is difficult to gain an accurate picture of someone's intentions by going through past posts here and in other threads. I also like to hear things from the source.

I was unsure because if you recall in your post suggesting that CH drop the entire subject, you also said that Ryno had been hired by whales, which seems to me to be entirely a rumor. When you add comments like that to otherwise sound, though occasionally exaggerated concerns, it can come off as a targeted attack. I figured I would ask you to see what you had to say as opposed to accusing you directly.

I was unsure what I said so I just looked back. It was "from what I've heard ..." which to me makes it pretty clear I'm not making a claim backed up by hard evidence. Let's assume I actually did hear it from a source I consider credible. Did I mischaracterize that in some manner?

But anyways, thanks for the response, and I apologize if my tone was accusatory. 

You're welcome and no worries.
rustynailer

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 07:25:33 AM

Those 3 have been pump and dumps go look at their charts, Ryno and the pump and dump group has their own agenda too in the arts of deception.

You wouldn't happen to be in the group by any chance?

I bet 1 BTC Shadow dies within a year after the next pump, if any, and he will just "get magically hired" somewhere else to "eat" as you say.

I am not a part and have never been involved in any p&d group.  I avoid them like the plague and I wont invest in any coin that I know has a p&d group behind it like Monero.
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 07:41:49 AM

π
To Rynomster,

From what I've heard Rynomaster isn't a bad guy. He was hired by some whales to dev a coin for them.

You can dig further or just get on with life. I recommend the latter, but that's just me.

You're missing nothing. I never said to drop the matter either, only suggested not to focus too much on one hired gun. That is just my suggestion though, you are free to ignore it, and I don't disagree with you about the white papers.

It may have been mischaracterized, I may have misinterpreted.

But from my perspective, you had heard that ryno wasn't a bad guy, but then stated that he was hired by whales.

You then continued by saying CH was focusing too hard on "one hired gun", which seemed to confirm that you had indeed made a claim matter- of-factly.

That should explain my confusion.

P.S. I obviously suck at bitcointalk because now my whole damn post is a quote -____-

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 07:49:39 AM

Okay, I understand the confusion.

To be clear

1. I heard he was hired.

2. I consider the source credible, so until I learn otherwise I consider it likely accurate.

3. He seems to be someone who is trying to make a living, moving around from project to project getting work where he can, and writing code for whoever pays him. Even if some of these projects are not perfect, this still is not exactly trafficking in child sex slaves on the scale of bad deeds in this world.

4. I may be completely wrong about 1-3 (but I doubt it).
rustynailer

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 07:56:31 AM

smooths routine hasn't changed at all in over a year and he has been very consistent in calling Shadow a scam without any proof.  And this is from a dev from a competing coin that has been pumped and dumped, and he has the nerve to call Shadow a whale pump group scam.  Amazing.   
Rias

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:58:47 AM

The question to the OP and to the rest of interested here. Which peer review is missing for ShadowCash? Certain parts/features, or overall?
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 12:51:26 PM

I find it surprising that you claim SDC to be over-hyped, smooth. Child_harold was the definition of a over-hyper for SDC. MANY of the community members and development team disagreed with his actions. From what I remember he would shamelessly hype SDC (here on BCT and twitter) with no knowledge of the tech it used, and nothing to back his own wild claims that it was the best, greatest cryptocurrency since Bitcoin. I was adamant in calling him out on this behavior. I was adamant in attempting to correct this behavior from anyone who pursued it. Most people come to their senses and realize that they sound like a shill. Especially when you're hyping a product on the premise of a marketplace that doesn't exist (child_harold is guilty of this).

The only press that SDC recieved was an article on Vice/Motherboard after a few darknet markets were taken down.

The devs, community leaders, etc., keep to themselves. They maintain their own community and don't actively pursue outsider attention.

I'm not sure how you define a coin to be over-hyped.
THEREALENFORCER

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 03:50:18 PM

Give it a rest you deceitful degenerate. One look at the commits to the SDC repo show how laughable your attempts to paint rynomster as some project-hopping gun for hire are. Still, to clarify, I'm not saying you're the crypto world's equivalent of Goebbels or anything.

You're not a developer smooth, you're a two-bit forum warrior - a tedious and transparent propagandist and you lost what little credibility you had left when you gleefully stuck your thumb up child_harold's ass. Exploiting someone's psychiatric disorder to try to score points against a competing project is pretty low, even for you.
rustynailer

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:26:56 PM

child_harold (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:20:26 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 09:57:42 PM by child_harold

I find it surprising that you claim SDC to be over-hyped, smooth. Child_harold was the definition of a over-hyper for SDC. MANY of the community members and development team disagreed with his actions. From what I remember he would shamelessly hype SDC (here on BCT and twitter) with no knowledge of the tech it used, and nothing to back his own wild claims that it was the best, greatest cryptocurrency since Bitcoin. I was adamant in calling him out on this behavior. I was adamant in attempting to correct this behavior from anyone who pursued it. Most people come to their senses and realize that they sound like a shill. Especially when you're hyping a product on the premise of a marketplace that doesn't exist (child_harold is guilty of this).

The only press that SDC recieved was an article on Vice/Motherboard after a few darknet markets were taken down.

The devs, community leaders, etc., keep to themselves. They maintain their own community and don't actively pursue outsider attention.

I'm not sure how you define a coin to be over-hyped.

Roll Eyes

Personal differences, and (@rusty) accusations of mental-illness aside (you shameless twat), are you both seriously saying that none of the concerns raised in this thread bother you knobends at all?

For example the disgusting plagiarism of the bitmessage paper? Not once but twice (first Cinni and then Shadow)?

Your gross misrepresentation of my contribution to the SDC "community" shall not even be dignified with a response, save one: I did more to raise awareness of Shadow than virtually anybody else at the time. I received 1000's of SDC in donations for my efforts and everybody in BCT, was ready for Zeuner.

With the benefit of hindsight: Was I guilty of "hype"? Looking back, yeah. But if SDC had actually been the innovative crypto it claimed to be, produced the Zeuner review and not beaten down members of its community for asking problematic questions, this thread would not even exist.

Savvy?

I wouldn't know how many coins ryno has worked on in the past, at least 3 to my knowledge.  

If you had even bothered to check his github profile you'd see its more: cinni (not visible in github), teslacoin, sterlingcoin, darksilk¬

Tell you the truth Im not great at reading github infos and it could be more:
https://github.com/rynomster

Anyway I'm no masochist and Ill be locking this thread up at year's end and moving on. Perhaps Ryno will indulge us and actually try and deal with some of the issues at hand. Doubtful.

The devs, community leaders, etc., keep to themselves.

Funny.

NB. I have provided many links in this thread and so that I am not accused of spurious conjecture (trolling) I'll be updating the OP soon with these links and topics that people might form their own opinions more easily without dissecting this thread.

Wanderlust

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 11:47:21 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2015, 12:11:34 AM by Wanderlust

Pathetic. That's all you got?

BTW it is quite clear that a cabal exists behind SDC. I have identified at least two of these "players" in the last few pages. Incidentally one of the individuals in question recently said in the POLO trollbox he'd be buying 1000BTC of Ethereum (and later in the Welcome to Ethereum thread pointed to an addy with nearly 1 million Ethereum .

What an asshole/It's OK for some

PS I value my freedoms and will not pull hard at this knot. I don't wanna get a BTC assassin on my ass Wink

Laterz

EDIT: Fuck it - it's battbot and 00Smurf. I'll drop it there, figuring they get the game better than most and don't give a flying fuck anyway.
rustynailer

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:12:14 AM

Pathetic. That's all you got?

BTW it is quite clear that a cabal exists behind SDC. I have identified at least two of these "players" in the last few pages. Incidentally one of the individuals in question recently said in the POLO trollbox he'd be buying 1000BTC of Ethereum (and later in the Welcome to Ethereum thread pointed to an addy with nearly 1 million Ethereum .

What an asshole/It's OK for some

PS I value my freedoms and will not pull hard at this knot. I don't wanna get a BTC assassin on my ass Wink

Laterz

EDIT: Fuck it - it's battbot and 00Smurf. I'll drop it there, figuring they get the game better than most and don't give a flying fuck anyway.

Well that was directed towards your buddy smooth, where is he by the way, is he going to come back in here and disgrace himself some more. 

You might see cabals, conspiracies and assassins, where all I see is a young talented programmer plying his trade and sdc was probably his first whitepaper so I don't mind giving him a break on that.  Maybe you might know more than me as I have never chatted to battbot or 00smurf and I never hang out on the polo trollbox.  I guess time will tell how this plays out.  Good luck at ethereum it looks like you've got a whale to fight over there.

Sorry if I offended you with 'mental illness" when I said "get well soon", please accept my sincere apologies.   
P4ndoraBox7

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 02:14:38 AM

I mostly see people insulting each other than giving arguments about the coin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: