Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:00:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash Uncensored: Zeuner, Zero Knowledge, Zero Trust. What Happened?  (Read 23456 times)
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:48:48 AM

I mostly see people insulting each other than giving arguments about the coin.

That's because there is nothing to argue about with the tech, we have had the Monero dev in here throwing all sorts of insults at ryno and the team but he cant evaluate the code.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
child_harold (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 12:23:29 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2015, 12:44:01 PM by child_harold

We'll leave talk of cabals alone for now and focus on your reply to my question

Personal differences, and (@rusty) accusations of mental-illness aside (you shameless twat person), are you both seriously saying that none of the concerns raised in this thread bother you knobends people at all?

For example the disgusting plagiarism of the bitmessage paper? Not once but twice (first Cinni and then Shadow)?

… all I see is a young talented programmer plying his trade and sdc was probably his first whitepaper so I don't mind giving him a break on that.  

To be clear which of the three papers are you giving him a break for?

The first bitmessage clone for Cinni (June 2015)? The second bitmessage clone for Shadow (July 2015) or the Crytonote clone (December 2015)?

Id have thought that with the help of "in-house cryptographer" Technovert that the third paper might actually be written and cited correctly. Alas Technovert is no better at writing a paper than Ryno, whcih leads me to believe that he either a) isn't a cryptographer, or b) does not exist.

I am mostly the one providing arguments with links (of which there are many so I suggest you re-scan the thread) so that people can make up their own minds and see that I'm not just making this stuff up. I am also the one mostly getting insulted. I believe there may be a correlation.

That's because there is nothing to argue about with the tech, we have had the Monero dev in here throwing all sorts of insults at ryno and the team but he cant evaluate the code.

Tech plagiarism mixed with embarrassing whitepapers, vanishing peer reviews, zero code audits and 99% of coins mined in less time than it takes milk to expire (11 days). There has been plenty to argue about even though many decided to attack me personally rather than deal with the arguments provided, researched and linked.

child_harold (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 09:19:54 PM

OP updated. Thread will be locked at the end of the year.

EdvinZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 12:04:55 PM

SDC was a great coin... Where is the former glory and the success of traders? We need zerocoin-protocol integrated in the SDC.

erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 04:26:47 PM

SDC was a great coin... Where is the former glory and the success of traders? We need zerocoin-protocol integrated in the SDC.
SDC is a great coin... SDC has gained market cap wise with the growth in BTC. ref coinmarketcap obv. SDC doesn't need anything make believe because it has ring signatures and non-interactive zero knowledge proofs significantly imroved from the initial implementation referenced in the whitepaper. I would recommend checking out their active git or slack since you seem to be new.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
Wanderlust

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 07:08:55 PM

SDC is a great coin... SDC has gained market cap wise with the growth in BTC. ref coinmarketcap obv. SDC doesn't need anything make believe because it has ring signatures and non-interactive zero knowledge proofs significantly imroved from the initial implementation referenced in the whitepaper. I would recommend checking out their active git or slack since you seem to be new.

significantly improved? prove it. shame you didn't get that peer review or produce a white paper demonstrating this :|

NIZKP are part of CN btw
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 07:33:31 PM

significantly improved? prove it. shame you didn't get that peer review or produce a white paper demonstrating this :|

NIZKP are part of CN btw
Using your own logic: Shame you are so pessimistic and inept.

I don't have to prove to you Netflix is a solid investment. Do that legwork yourself troll.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:38:39 PM

NIZKP are part of CN btw

He's right, the current implementation produces signatures 1/2 the size of Cryptonote for large rings, using the LLW method also derived by Adam Back here. I'd consider that a significant, though not earth-shattering improvement. There was no such improvement last year when I first pointed out that it was a pure Cryptonote rip off.

I don't know if the white paper has been updated, since I haven't looked at it recently.

child_harold (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 01:45:58 AM

NIZKP are part of CN btw

He's right, the current implementation produces signatures 1/2 the size of Cryptonote for large rings, using the LLW method also derived by Adam Back here. I'd consider that a significant, though not earth-shattering improvement. There was no such improvement last year when I first pointed out that it was a pure Cryptonote rip off.

I don't know if the white paper has been updated, since I haven't looked at it recently.

Point.

This thread is more focused on ethics than it is technology/maths

RynoShady

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 01:20:54 PM

OP updated. Thread will be locked at the end of the year.

before you lock this thread meet Ryno the dev

https://www.facebook.com/rmathee?ref=ts&fref=ts
child_harold (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 08:20:19 AM

<<<MONERO P0WNS SDC>>>
<<<SDC DEANONYMIZED>>>

A few days pass
heavy moderation returns to SDC thread, reviving this one

This does not look as though its going well. At least youve moved from quantum to zk-snarks talk but I think you lot are living a pipe-dream.

Monero pwned SDC. You can thank Shen but SDC has never looked weaker. The quiet departure of TV (the elusive SDC crytographer who never posted anywhere) shortly before he had a chance to flex his crypto muscle vs Shen is bizarre. And yet nobody here asks where he is or how you'll manage without a crytographer?

But maybe thats OK cause youre just gonna use somebody else's code like every time before: bitmessage, crytonote, zcash.

Try and copy it better this next time though. What a disgrace.

child_harold (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 08:21:31 AM

What would you rather we talk about?

Where you go from here.

-You very nearly released a market with a critical bug. The SDC Team has pushed headstrong into dev of market before really testing/peer reviewing the anon.

-Could there be more critical bugs?

-If Tecnovert is no longer in the picture then how will SDC manage without a cryptographer

-Asking why an official Team blogpost was released prematurely claiming anon unbroken when in fact was broken.

-Asking why The Team could not find the bug after 10+ hrs of internal testing without more help from the bug finder.

-How to reassure users they can trust the anon?

i.e. some attempt to learn from mistakes made. pretty basic stuff really.

I can't say anything thing else than this man is telling the truth. The dev(s) made huge mistakes. Shadow is a big disappointment for guys like me, who have invested a lot of money in shadow for more than a year. There is actually one thing, I don't really understand, why are there still so many buyers? After the news, I expected SDC to go minus 80% or so. Is this problem so easy to solve?
Putting it all together, the big mistakes, the time we have been waiting, I only can conclude this project looks very fragile.

LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 10:45:14 PM

It looks like Child Harold was right about SDC all along. If the Zeuner review happened sooner (which he kept asking about) maybe this fatal flaw in Shadow anonymity could have been discovered long ago.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 06:31:32 PM

there is nothing to argue about with the tech

we have had the Monero dev in here throwing all sorts of insults at ryno and the team but he cant evaluate the code.

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/02/17/shadowcash-deanonymized/

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RyanOlstren

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:43:50 PM

They have a bot auto-deleting any negative post from their thread. ENOUGH SAID

You can find the bot here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=850210

I am proud to say that I have been added to the shadow delete bot.
RyanOlstren

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:46:07 PM

It looks like Child Harold was right about SDC all along. If the Zeuner review happened sooner (which he kept asking about) maybe this fatal flaw in Shadow anonymity could have been discovered long ago.

He wasn't right all along, but yes he became right, and that's good enough.
child_harold (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:18:58 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2016, 10:05:25 AM by child_harold

This would mean that all ShadowCash transactions are not really anonymous.

This is to be expected since ShadowCash hasn’t been peer reviewed despite having raised over 5BTC for it. They have also been known to censor anyone who speaks negatively about them.

(The link contained in the above quote points to this thread).

This is the end for Shadow.

I do not believe anybody will trust this project again.

It is not simply that their anon was deanonymized, but it was everything leading up to it as well: the arrogance and rudeness, the dilettante attitude, the disregard for community, the censorship and lack of transparency.

ryno is now a recluse and tecnovert has abandoned Shadow, not that it makes any difference. The FUD accusations which followed the Shen blogpost and the "10+ hours" of failed Team testing before Shen's proof-of-concept should leave no doubts about the magnitude of this failure.

Shen has probably saved men from going to prison.

After all the abuse and insults I got for my troubles I can now say:

I am vindicated.

Untill you respect yourself dont expect anyone else to resepct you!

systh

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:57:58 AM

This would mean that all ShadowCash transactions are not really anonymous.

This is to be expected since ShadowCash hasn’t been peer reviewed despite having raised over 5BTC for it. They have also been known to censor anyone who speaks negatively about them.

(The link contained in the above quote points to this thread).

I do not believe anybody will trust this project again.

It is not simply that their anon was deanonymized, but it was everything leading up to it as well: the arrogance and rudeness, the dilettante attitude, the disregard for community, the censorship and lack of transparency.

ryno is now a recluse and tecnovert has abandoned Shadow, not that it makes any difference. The FUD accusations which followed the Shen blogpost and the "10+ hours" of failed Team testing before Shen's proof-of-concept should leave no doubts about the magnitude of this failure.

Shen has probably saved men from going to prison.

After all the abuse and insults I got for my troubles I can now say:

I am vindicated.

[..]

I understand you really must like this certain article (moreover if they linked to this thread), c_h. Any chance of stabbing SDC is great, right?
But if you're really that into the current situation, you'd have to admit that there are a lot of misleading information.

The arrogance and rudeness from our community came as a reaction to your psychotic behaviour, your attacks to devs and others. We weren't the ones who lit this fire. And as you can see, you're still the one that's pouring more oil into it. Do you see us bashing you in our thread or elsewhere? No.

And regarding this – let me say: yes, sure. It's the end of Shadow for you.

The question is, is it also the end of you being such a nice person towards us with your trolling and accusations? I doubt, right?

Many before told you the same: If you don't like it, move on. You're acting like a psycho ex-GF, trying to kill her partner with all means necessary. You could spend your time actually doing something productive, maybe helping our your current /fav coin instead of just spreading hate.

In fact, our team is growing stronger and larger in time, new faces are enthusiastic to help out. Every this glitch just brings us closer togerther with higher motivation. So thanks actually.
But this is far from Shadow's end, I assure you.

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
child_harold (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:25:17 AM

a reaction to your psychotic behaviour

You're acting like a psycho ex-GF

These are the kinds of insults I've been getting for my trouble  Angry

Shadow is Dead, Get Over It.

systh

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 11:54:04 AM

a reaction to your psychotic behaviour

You're acting like a psycho ex-GF

These are the kinds of insults I've been getting for my trouble  Angry

Shadow is Dead, Get Over It.

For what trouble? If you start a fight, ofc you'll get into trouble. Or do you just want to bash other's work and expect it not to have any consequences?

And as usual. Yelling about others not answering your questions and then still just cherry-picking weakest or "insulting" parts of other's responses.. Don't you have anything to say about the rest?

(I'm still not over Shadow as many others. Which by definition means it's not dead, so bad luck; try it next time.)

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: