DwarfPool Ethereumhttp://dwarfpool.com/ethRelease: Stratum-Proxy for Ethereum About 10-20% growth in earnings in comparison with the other standart poolsWhat is it?
This is Stratum Proxy for Ethereum Pool using asynchronous networking written in Python Twisted.
Equal solo-mining, different is that is a stable effect and not just a variable luck.
The Beta-version (v0.0.3) Download here
and compiled version
Stratum port on the pool 8008
, on all servers
Parameters change in config.py (there are ports, wallet and email)Features:
How it works?
- the only one connection to pool
- proxy get the new work from the pool as soon as the new block appears. There is no need to sent requests to the server permanently (miniers do it usualy 2 times/sek)
- workers get the work from the proxy locally
- submit of the shares without network delay, proxy answers to the worker and at the same time sent solution to the pool. There are no network delay, there won't be created the new connections to pool.
- configuration of the wallet is centralized in settings file, miners do not need to pass it.
- Bypass worker_id for detailed statistic and per rig monitoring
- you can put your email in settings to monitor every worker
- Pool pays out uncle blocks!
Pool A <---+ +-------------+ Rig1 / PC1
(Active) | |
| +-------------+ Rig2 / PC2
Pool B <---+-----StratumProxy <-----+-------------+ Rig3 / PC3
+-------------+ Rig4 / PC4
The command line to start miner with proxy looks like (with worker and without it)
./ethminer --farm-recheck 200 -G -F http://127.0.0.1:8080/rig1
./ethminer --farm-recheck 200 -G -F http://127.0.0.1:8080/
After many tests I recommend to use farm-recheck=200
Works only with pools which support stratum-proxy.
Currently works on all DwarfPool
servers (EU, US, RU)How to install?
Proxy developed on Phyton, therefore the dependencies are:
* Python 2.7+
1) install twisted
apt-get install python-twisted
2) start proxy with
Download compiled version
or download as python code:
1) Download Python Version 2.7.10 for WindowsKnown open issue
2) Modify PATH variable (how-to http://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml) and add
3) Install python setuptools
4) Install Python-Twisted
File Twisted-15.4.0.win32-py2.7.msi (32bit) or Twisted-15.4.0.win-amd64-py2.7.msi (64bit)
5) Install zope.interface, in console run:
easy_install -U zope.interface
6) Install PyWin32 v2.7
pywin32-219.win32-py2.7.exe or pywin32-219.win-amd64-py2.7.exe
7) Download eth-proxy. Extract eth-proxy.zip. Change settings in config.py and start with command:
- shown speed on the site is rough, but the increase can be seen by amount of sent sharesToDo
- Transmit parameter submitHashrate
- Automatically failover via proxy
- EXE file for Windows, so that it was not be necessary to install all dependencies as described belowFAQ
Is it possible to give a more detailed description of the principle of the proxy?
If I have 6 rigs, will it use much less bandwidth with the proxy? Does the proxy get a very high difficulty work from the pool and then divide/distribute it to the rigs? If so, how does it divide the work?
For your rigs this proxy looks like a pool.
Proxy set only one connection to the pool
(socket) so than inside this physical connection makes virtual connections to the pool for every Rig/PC.
It reduces not only the traffic and submit time, but you have better control and get more coins for you hashrate.
Just put to your miner the proxy as a pool and any username as worker. Your miners don't need any changes
more and forever.
If you want to change the wallets or other settings, you change it in config.py of proxy and restart it. Miners will be reconnected automatically.
The log file grows too fast. Is it possible to disable saving to the file? Can we disable it totally?
Yes, just comment it like here
#LOGFILE = "logfile.log"Supportadmin@dwarfpool.com