Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:16:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 [638] 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mario Yamasaki

Activity: 737
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:08:22 PM

Can not wait to see the IOTA coming in 3 big beat bitcoin cash, maybe it will happen in the year 2018.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Paul Pogba

Activity: 1232
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:28:14 PM

IOTA will be a very lucrative coin in a few years time, much support will make IOTA stronger, the target for 2018 is $ 50.
BitcoinArsenal

Activity: 924
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:39:28 PM

I agree. People just want to make money quickly without having to work. They're wasting more time posting here than doing a three-second search on Google, where there's plenty of information about the issue and how to solve it. And then they're complaining to not get any help or useful answer.
ZzzzeyeZzzz

Activity: 377
Merit: 108

ChessCoin 1.4

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 06:19:10 PM

On Dec. 7. 17 have sent IOTA's from Bitfinex on a wallet with a fixed IP...
Today have check it and the IOTA have been deducted a few hours later  Angry
How can this happen if the wallet was not online?
I dont know IOTA but had IOTAs a very long time on Bitfinex...
Does anyone have an idea what this could be...
Thanks for an answer...
Best regards

-Update to ChessCoin 1.2 -protocolversion 60014 -Blocktime 5min/ 21000 transaction
-Transactions costs 0.0001/ unlimited. https://github.com/AKKPP?tab=repositories
Tournament https://lichess.org/team/chesscoin032
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:42:45 PM

The address in which you received those IOTAs, was it used before to send something out?

ZzzzeyeZzzz

Activity: 377
Merit: 108

ChessCoin 1.4

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 06:58:21 PM

The address in which you received those IOTAs, was it used before to send something out?

Thanks for the feedback... have sent the data in your mailbox...

-Update to ChessCoin 1.2 -protocolversion 60014 -Blocktime 5min/ 21000 transaction
-Transactions costs 0.0001/ unlimited. https://github.com/AKKPP?tab=repositories
Tournament https://lichess.org/team/chesscoin032
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:16:49 PM

IOTA Interview: “Trust Systems Are Absolutely Pivotal” Today

IOTA, the digital network designed for the Internet of Things (IoT) has recently seen a massive increase in the value of their cryptocurrency, MIOTA. According to CoinMarketCap, the company has moved from 9th to 4th in largest market cap, displacing long standing 4th place holder Ripple.

In order to understand what caused this massive explosion in value, Cointelegraph caught up with Dominik Schiener and David Sønstebø, co-founders at IOTA in order to get their take on what has precipitated recent events.

Cointelegraph: The massive rise of MIOTA over the past weeks must have been encouraging. What precipitated the price explosion, in your opinion?

IOTA: IOTA has been under intensive development for over two years and has not spent any money on marketing. In this time our focus was on making this next generation distributed ledger technology a reality. In this period we refused exchanges listing IOTA in order to ensure everything was working properly before it went to market.

This explains why IOTA is now getting a lot of attention seemingly out of nowhere. People have been following the project for a long time and then they are finally able to enter. The listing in Korea at Coinone coupled with the launch of the Data Marketplace and subsequent media coverage lead to further validation that IOTA is cementing itself as a leading cryptocurrency and distributed ledger protocol.

We believe this was the threshold breaking moment for a lot of fence sitters who have been observing IOTA from a distance.

CT: What specifically is the recent partnership with Microsoft and Fujitsu all about?

IOTA: Microsoft is one of the cloud solution providers with their Azure platform. Fujitsu, Samsung ARTIK,  Accenture and many others are participants in the Data Marketplace exploring the concept of trading secure and immutable data on a decentralized ledger. These are the first steps towards an open flow of data in IoT to realize the vision of Big Data.

CT: How is your platform Tangle different than traditional Blockchain?

IOTA: The short version is that IOTA goes beyond Blockchain in getting rid of fees, scaling limitations and centralization issues. It does this by making validation an intrinsic property of using the protocol. When you issue a transaction in IOTA you also validate two previous ones, which again reference their own two respective transactions and so on, building this Directed Acyclic Graph which we call a Tangle.

This means that users are also validators, which allows us to get rid of miners, which again gets rid of the fees and centralization that occurs in Blockchain architecture. Since everyone is validating two transactions for each transaction or data transmission they broadcast to the network, it means that the amount of validations i.e. transactions per second grows together with the activity on the ledger. In short: the more activity, the more validation.

CT: How do you see trust systems changing in the future?

IOTA: Trusted systems are absolutely pivotal in an age where decisions are automated and can act globally in an instant. We believe that data integrity, which you get for free in IOTA, is a main component of this. Beyond that we are working on IDentity of Things (IDoT) which will make it easier to secure components and develop reputation systems for intrusion detection and malware protection etc.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/iota-interview-trust-systems-are-absolutely-pivotal-today

oskuro83

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:04:07 PM

Which wallet do you recommend me for IOTA?.

I downloaded from Github IOTA Light Wallet, but when I press "Attach to tangle" to be able to send money to my IOTA Wallet Adress, it fails over and over again...

Any better Wallet?
blucg

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:10:32 PM

Hi,

is there an IOTA slack or discord one could join to chat about it? Smiley
pginvest

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:40:29 PM

There is information all over the internet on what to do, when your balance shows zero. Why are people so lazy these days  Huh
I think its more than a bit unreasonable to suggest that people are being lazy - I found the information and followed the instructions - 10 days ago and still nothing, still pending, it looks like there are plenty more in the same status. This is a joke - either someone stole the tokens and this is a scam or there is a great deal of incompetence going on - This is supposed to be an immutable blockchain, not someone's private database that they can manipulate and zero out our balances.

Am I spamming? Report me!
BitcoinArsenal

Activity: 924
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:58:01 PM

No, if you would have read carefully you would know that the reclaiming process includes a third step. This third step is a manual transfer of the tokens. With the reclaiming by providing the old and new seed you only proved that you are the owner of the old seed and that the new seed is legit to transfer the tokens from the foundation address to. Dominik has stated several times that the manual transfer of tokens will be conducted after the next snapshot which will be within next week. Nobody has gotten the tokens yet!

There is information all over the internet on what to do, when your balance shows zero. Why are people so lazy these days  Huh
I think its more than a bit unreasonable to suggest that people are being lazy - I found the information and followed the instructions - 10 days ago and still nothing, still pending, it looks like there are plenty more in the same status. This is a joke - either someone stole the tokens and this is a scam or there is a great deal of incompetence going on - This is supposed to be an immutable blockchain, not someone's private database that they can manipulate and zero out our balances.

jokumat

Activity: 249

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:18:24 PM

I downloaded from Github IOTA Light Wallet, but when I press "Attach to tangle" to be able to send money to my IOTA Wallet Adress, it fails over and over again...

Any better Wallet?

Try to change settings to "ccurl", min weight 14.  This helped in my case. And maybe also try another node.
jokumat

Activity: 249

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:53:11 PM

There is information all over the internet on what to do, when your balance shows zero. Why are people so lazy these days  Huh

Iota was completely new and immature. The devs inevitably made some mistakes in the beginning

You can take it as an emergency tangle "hardfork". Old iota was vulnerable and died and new safer iota was born. You should be grateful to people who protected your balance in spite of your inaction. Your balance is not forgotten. You have become part of new iota automatically and all what is needed is a bit of your patience
nikita3004

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:01:42 PM

Waiting 3 days for the transaction from bitfinex to the IOTA wallet. On the bitfinex it means "processing". Some solutions? Support working on it?
Thanks for the replies!

carajillu

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:06:22 PM

Waiting 3 days for the transaction from bitfinex to the IOTA wallet. On the bitfinex it means "processing". Some solutions? Support working on it?
Thanks for the replies!

Finex is currently overloaded, they have an announcement saying deposits and withdrawals will take longer than 24 hours, so... wait
tyKiwanuka
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1670

#birdgang

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:25:08 PM

First of all, calling IOTA a blockchain just shows that you never did your due dilligence, but lets leave that aside for now.

On another note, you invested in a project which is under heavy development. IOTA is not your normal plug & play blockchain, it is cutting edge technology, where you have to keep yourself informed about the development. If you are not able or willing to follow, you can sell or leave your IOTA on the exchange.

Why are your IOTA with the Foundation ? Because YOU made a mistake. YOU didn't follow the updates or the instructions on how to use the wallet correctly. I get that this whole process is kind of nerve wracking for everyone involved, but the alternative is or was, that your investment was in high danger of getting stolen by some hackers. So you better be humble and thankful, that the Foundation protected your investment. Everyone will get their IOTA back. The team just wants to make this process as safe and convenient as possible, this takes some time and delays are normal.

Regarding the lazyness of people: Go whereever you want where there is talk about IOTA, you will find that zero balance problem. People were too lazy to inform themselves about how to use IOTA and now they are too lazy to search for information on their own as to why it happened, what they should do and how to prevent such things in the future. The whole slack and this thread is full of people moaning about the shittyness of IOTA and blame the team, when only they themselves are to blame. But it's a general problem, not only with IOTA. I sometimes wonder how people get anything done in real life, if they aren't able to search for information on their own Roll Eyes

Look at all the people asking about their transactions not getting confirmed. It has been answered over and over again everywhere, but they don't bother reading some posts back. Thats lazyness.

.....wie die Zeit fliegt.....
davemanet

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:28:46 PM

Any better Wallet?

Yes can anyone recommend?
cadreamsurf

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:58:32 PM

Thanks for the replies!

Finex is currently overloaded, they have an announcement saying deposits and withdrawals will take longer than 24 hours, so... wait
Sorry for question. But i want buy IOTA too. Is problem only Bitfinex or IOTA?
sprinkles

Activity: 397

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:03:10 AM

Managed to update from 2.4.0 to 2.5.4 pretty seamlessly.
Was a bit worried I'd be up all night sorting it out after reading about some of the issues people are having but if found my balance on the 2nd address.
Lucky I guess.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:13:14 AM

First of all, calling IOTA a blockchain just shows that you never did your due dilligence, but lets leave that aside for now.

On another note, you invested in a project which is under heavy development. IOTA is not your normal plug & play blockchain, it is cutting edge technology, where you have to keep yourself informed about the development. If you are not able or willing to follow, you can sell or leave your IOTA on the exchange.

Why are your IOTA with the Foundation ? Because YOU made a mistake. YOU didn't follow the updates or the instructions on how to use the wallet correctly. I get that this whole process is kind of nerve wracking for everyone involved, but the alternative is or was, that your investment was in high danger of getting stolen by some hackers. So you better be humble and thankful, that the Foundation protected your investment. Everyone will get their IOTA back. The team just wants to make this process as safe and convenient as possible, this takes some time and delays are normal.

Regarding the lazyness of people: Go whereever you want where there is talk about IOTA, you will find that zero balance problem. People were too lazy to inform themselves about how to use IOTA and now they are too lazy to search for information on their own as to why it happened, what they should do and how to prevent such things in the future. The whole slack and this thread is full of people moaning about the shittyness of IOTA and blame the team, when only they themselves are to blame. But it's a general problem, not only with IOTA. I sometimes wonder how people get anything done in real life, if they aren't able to search for information on their own Roll Eyes

Look at all the people asking about their transactions not getting confirmed. It has been answered over and over again everywhere, but they don't bother reading some posts back. Thats lazyness.

+1
thx  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 [638] 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: