Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:51:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 [670] 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Jacky_Chan

Activity: 146
Merit: 150

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:03:31 PM

slack channel is down.. there is literally no way to join any of the forums mentioned on the website
what is wrong?

Slack is fine to me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jacky_Chan

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:04:37 PM

https://blog.iota.org/2017-in-review-2018-in-preview-704177484ef0
asonganyi

Activity: 464
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:17:04 PM

wow how is that? when i keep having  error 502 bad get way .  other slack channels are working fine. i don't want to upload screen shot here because it doesn't look polite. but if you need i will send..

what about the forum registration stuff? i can't fine anywhere to register on both forums   
Master mind

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:32:15 PM

I whink it's way overvalued for what it's offering at the moment
Of course. You can sell me your coins.
Jacky_Chan

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:27:52 PM

wow how is that? when i keep having  error 502 bad get way .  other slack channels are working fine. i don't want to upload screen shot here because it doesn't look polite. but if you need i will send..

what about the forum registration stuff? i can't fine anywhere to register on both forums   

If you want the Slack invite link, here it is - https://iotatangle.slack.com/join/shared_invite/enQtMjkyMDQwOTk1MjQ5LWY0YmJhYjVmOTk5NTFlMjQ3NDM4NzlhMjViOGZlOTQ4NjQwZmQyOGNmMGM0M2NlMjZhMjMyMmIyNDE5OTcyMmE
Termie

Activity: 642
Merit: 292

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:36:43 PM

Launch of $IOTA at several new exchanges is imminent! Cheesy
Quote from David Sønstebø @ linked Medium article above:

"However, we are now happy to confirm that several large and small exchanges are done with the technical implementation of IOTA. From here on it is up to the respective parties as businesses to decide when and how they plan to unveil and launch IOTA on their platforms, but we expect most to do this in the very beginning of 2018."
mariuschirita

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:44:49 PM

Hi guys,

I am having some problems with Binance :  " network congestion, withdrawal suspend "
Wondering if we can get an official answer about this and when it is going to be fixed.

And one more question - in theory, for tangle technology, more users means faster transactions - then why is the network getting congested ?

Thanks

The problem was fixed. I should have bought more coins.
asonganyi

Activity: 464
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:06:39 AM

wow how is that? when i keep having  error 502 bad get way .  other slack channels are working fine. i don't want to upload screen shot here because it doesn't look polite. but if you need i will send..

If you want the Slack invite link, here it is - https://iotatangle.slack.com/join/shared_invite/enQtMjkyMDQwOTk1MjQ5LWY0YmJhYjVmOTk5NTFlMjQ3NDM4NzlhMjViOGZlOTQ4NjQwZmQyOGNmMGM0M2NlMjZhMjMyMmIyNDE5OTcyMmE

thanks mate! but the said the slack invite link go gave no longer works,,, massage from slack  "" This invite link is no longer active.

Please check with the person who shared it with you to see if there's a new link available.""

please check and send me a new link that works

thanks in advance
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:32:07 AM

How many transactions IOTA network can handle per seconds? What about the scalability issue? Did dev iota stress test the network?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
SergioOliva2018

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:19:53 PM

How many transactions IOTA network can handle per seconds? What about the scalability issue? Did dev iota stress test the network?
I’ve read it can support a lot. As of today 180 transactions per second have been tested. This DAG algorithm is amazing and it has huge potential.
On the other hand I am concerned with the happened actions as a result of October attack on some wallets. The dev team took over the funds of the IOTA users. I understand that was done to protect the users and the funds are being returned to the customers as we speak. But the main concern is that is it practically possible to take funds away from any IOTA user. Theoretically bad people can simply get your money. Single developer can become bad person or somebody will extort information from developer on how to do this, those are not matter in the context. What matters is there is an ability to steal money from IOTA wallets. I think this one item will be limiting factor for IOTA growth to its potential. I think IOTA devs need to let go of this notion and make changes to the algorithm so nobody can take away funds from other users using high access permissions. Only then we will see how IOTA will take over Bitcoin’s fame. 
Jacky_Chan

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:17:30 PM

On the other hand I am concerned with the happened actions as a result of October attack on some wallets. The dev team took over the funds of the IOTA users. I understand that was done to protect the users and the funds are being returned to the customers as we speak. But the main concern is that is it practically possible to take funds away from any IOTA user. Theoretically bad people can simply get your money. Single developer can become bad person or somebody will extort information from developer on how to do this, those are not matter in the context. What matters is there is an ability to steal money from IOTA wallets. I think this one item will be limiting factor for IOTA growth to its potential. I think IOTA devs need to let go of this notion and make changes to the algorithm so nobody can take away funds from other users using high access permissions. Only then we will see how IOTA will take over Bitcoin’s fame.  

I think it is a hardfork. Like in bitcoin, when bitcoin cash and gold hardforked bitcoin, they could relocate the coins. If one dev hardfork the network, the original one still there and people will stick with the original one becasuse of the ecosystem.
Jacky_Chan

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:20:47 PM

What I heard is that in one stress test tps reached about 1000 tps which was the cap the devs set up for that stress test. You can ask about it on the Slack.
pit2525

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:23:07 PM

wow how is that? when i keep having  error 502 bad get way .  other slack channels are working fine. i don't want to upload screen shot here because it doesn't look polite. but if you need i will send..

thanks mate! but the said the slack invite link go gave no longer works,,, massage from slack  "" This invite link is no longer active.

Please check with the person who shared it with you to see if there's a new link available.""

please check and send me a new link that works

thanks in advance

The Slack invite link is only working temporary and for a limited number of people. At the moment, there is no new link available (the channel hosts >40k members, not sure, if slack limits the number or only allows slow increases).

You should be able to find answers at https://forum.iota.org/ and https://iota.stackexchange.com/ as well.
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:36:19 PM

Hi, tired to get an explanation from telegram, but the fact is that it is to fast to get a real answer.

So i downloaded 2.5.6 and successfully sent 1.5 MIOTA from my binance account to my wallet. I attempted to send one i (by mistake, I believe) back to Binance but it never confirmed. I’m assuming it might not have confirmed because the value .000001 MIOTA is too small to be processed by binance. With this transaction pending, I tried to send .5 mIOTA to a telegram user. I was either getting a private key reuse error or a network error. I confirmed that I was (a) connected to a healthy node (b) that my receiving seed was attached to the tangle (c) and I rebroadcasted (and the other function on the history page) the transaction.

My only hypothesis is that I “froze” up the sending seed and another transaction can not be executed until the intital transaction of .000001 iota confirms, which it never will because of my perceived limitation of binancs wallet. So is my test Address now useless? Can someone assist with this? Also, this is a principal reasons for doing test runs with new things of very small amounts of crypto!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
SergioOliva2018

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:52:03 PM

Hi, tired to get an explanation from telegram, but the fact is that it is to fast to get a real answer.

So i downloaded 2.5.6 and successfully sent 1.5 MIOTA from my binance account to my wallet. I attempted to send one i (by mistake, I believe) back to Binance but it never confirmed. I’m assuming it might not have confirmed because the value .000001 MIOTA is too small to be processed by binance. With this transaction pending, I tried to send .5 mIOTA to a telegram user. I was either getting a private key reuse error or a network error. I confirmed that I was (a) connected to a healthy node (b) that my receiving seed was attached to the tangle (c) and I rebroadcasted (and the other function on the history page) the transaction.

My only hypothesis is that I “froze” up the sending seed and another transaction can not be executed until the intital transaction of .000001 iota confirms, which it never will because of my perceived limitation of binancs wallet. So is my test Address now useless? Can someone assist with this? Also, this is a principal reasons for doing test runs with new things of very small amounts of crypto!
Binance account is no good for testing. This exchange has constant Network Congestions with IOTA transactions. I don’t know their reasons for that. May be their server is not keeping up with all other cryptocurrencies.
IOTASUPPORTER

Activity: 53
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:52:32 PM

For all those who are doubting whether they should buy or sell: https://medium.com/@iotasuppoter/why-keeping-your-iota-makes-sense-75e8a74cf2ee

Smiley
NattyLiteCoin

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:07:20 PM

Binance account is no good for testing. This exchange has constant Network Congestions with IOTA transactions. I don’t know their reasons for that. May be their server is not keeping up with all other cryptocurrencies.

But I can’t send iota out of my 2.5.6 wallet, is this because my binance tx is still pending? If I cNt send another transaction because a previous one is pending, isn’t that an issue?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
neoscorpius

Activity: 226
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:15:11 PM

But I can’t send iota out of my 2.5.6 wallet, is this because my binance tx is still pending? If I cNt send another transaction because a previous one is pending, isn’t that an issue?

It is very interesting and useful to read such reviews about the actual operation of the system. As I thought, IOTA should handle micro payments without problems, but as I see it's not quite true.
NattyLiteCoin

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:33:04 PM

Don’t get me wrong, I’m new, it could be user error. Just glad all my iota is on binance for now!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinArsenal

Activity: 924
Merit: 556

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:58:58 PM

What I heard is that in one stress test tps reached about 1000 tps which was the cap the devs set up for that stress test. You can ask about it on the Slack.

Yes, this information is correct.

To the original questioner. IOTA is scalable, that means that with the number of transactions and nodes the number of transactions which could be processed per second increases. Theoretically there is no open end when it comes to the number of processed transactions. One important part in my opinion is that there must be big industry nodes.
Pages: « 1 ... 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 [670] 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: