May 04, 2024, 08:54:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Viᖚes (social currency unit)?
like - 27 (27.6%)
might work - 10 (10.2%)
dislike - 17 (17.3%)
prefer tech name, e.g. factom, ion, ethereum, iota, epsilon - 15 (15.3%)
prefer explicit currency name, e.g. net⚷eys, neㄘcash, ᨇcash, mycash, bitoken, netoken, cyberbit, bitcash - 2 (2%)
problematic - 2 (2%)
offending / repulsive - 4 (4.1%)
project objectives unrealistic or incorrect - 10 (10.2%)
biased against lead dev or project ethos - 11 (11.2%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [neㄘcash, ᨇcash, net⚷eys, or viᖚes?] Name AnonyMint's vapor coin?  (Read 95218 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 01:27:13 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2016, 06:17:24 PM by TPTB_need_war

Hey!

I just made a new interview with Erik Voorhes here: http://www.alexfortin.com/erikvoorhes/
He talks about satoshi dice, living free from taxes in Panama and his new altcoin exchange Shapeshift.

Let me know what you think!

Alex

Excellent. Thanks.

You are very astute, precise, and concise with your questions. You definitely have a talent and should perhaps pursue making your own crypto-currency interview site to compete with Let's Talk Bitcoin.

He is very articulate and an excellent writer. Wish you would have asked him why he promulgated the scam Dash at a recent conference. He was also prosecuted by the SEC and settled by repaying all the investors' funds. So a smart guy, but I think he lacks technical knowledge thus he doesn't understand well the technical details. Ditto the recent Shapeshift.io failure alleged to be due to one of the programmers he hired.

I am also disappointed that you didn't ask him about our technical allegations against Ethereum and Augur in the Ethereum Paradox thread, since Erik raved about both.

can't tell if
sarcasm -or- just being frank

i will try more direct; Voorhees has offered an immediate honest dice platform (okay sold it down the river)(got rich)
Voorhees next lead with an exchange service that offers immediate instantaneous exchange service (okay got hacked but it looks like an amount that can be recovered) ... i'll take that as leadership by example, and a game changing player in the crypto space.

I was just being balanced in listing various observations.

I agree he is a leader by example. His weakness is he doesn't understand the details of the technology and this appears to cause him to make incorrect appraisals of what block chains can and can't accomplish.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:12:51 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2016, 09:36:19 PM by TPTB_need_war

I can detect my health is really improving a lot, because I am starting to get back the energy (and thus mental locomotion, intense focus, and clarity) to make research level insights again.

Research level insight first published on Rust’s forum by myself:

https://users.rust-lang.org/t/high-order-function-with-type-parameter/3112/30

(Don't know if anyone else made this point in the prior art, I presume probably yes)

P.S. I doubt Bitcoin core devs can do the above, because programming language typing is not their area of specialization (especially the number theorists/cryptographers). We have different talents and specializations, so we need to learn to respect each other.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:44:37 PM

Margin long BTC at maximum leverageI am hedged because I am spending that cash on my expenses so I can have the time to do more important programming which is my best chance for having a good income again.

Haha. You don't have much confidence in my programming and marketing abilities.

As you know, maximum leverage can fail even if the prediction is correct, due to volatility, margin calls, and timing.

I'll take my 33% chance with my programming and marketing over the 5% chance of a maximum leverage position.

There are only three types of people in the world:  poor people, margin traders, and poor margin traders.

Haha. Good one. True. And I am always highly leveraged on my projects. And I've hit at least 3 homeruns already in my life. Being sick from 2006 to present (chronically since 2012), blinding of one eye end of 1999 with many months of followup surgeries, and a maelstrom of broken marriage/kids issues from 2001 forward, toppled my juggernaut applecart.

But I think I've got the Hotwheels back on the cart now...hopefully age 51 isn't too grandpa-esque...

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2016, 01:40:01 AM

(Don't know if anyone else made this point in the prior art, I presume probably yes)

I doubt Bitcoin core devs can do the above, because programming language typing is not their area of specialization (especially the number theorists/cryptographers). We have different talents and specializations, so we need to learn to respect each other.

The only sure way to gain respect in the Bitcoin community is to contribute code.

Find some bug or create a new feature in Bitcoin (or Monero) and make a pull request.

Otherwise you're just another forum clown and a crypto gadfly.  Not that there's anything wrong with that!  Tongue

Here's my shovel-ready project for you: find a way to make p2pool use a XCN-style miniblockchain so as to reduce the overhead that comes with running a second full node for the "sharechain" p2pool overlay network (and hence be suitable for Cryptonote PoW).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4emz61/wondering_how_to_make_a_p2p_mining_pool/d227ptc

Quote from: smooth
It is similar to weak blocks (lower difficulty target) but the chain is completely distinct.

It does not exist for Monero but it would be a nice little project to create one.

The main reason people don't seem to go for it is higher overhead. You have to run a full node, and you have to run what is essentially a second full node for the sharechain. With traditional stratum miners you just run a tiny mining program and have tiny bandwidth usage.

The second reason, on Bitcoin in particular, is somewhat chicken-and-egg. Since not enough people use p2pool, it doesn't get blocks very often (takes days currently) and then miners using it get unhappy with the variance.

I think p2pool is reasonably popular on some alts.

There's also an opening for someone to fill the late warptangent's shoes and assume the role of RingCT implementation.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 02:22:59 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2016, 02:51:15 AM by TPTB_need_war

The only sure way to gain respect in the Bitcoin community is to contribute code.

Why would I want respect from the community of a coin with a broken design that I aim for my project to supercede  Huh  (note no one is excluded from leaving the broken design and joining the winner)

iCEBREAKER, just admit you can't understand what I wrote at the linked research.

Good to see iCEBREAKER is still going to need some proof from me. I love the competitiveness.

Sorry when I build up Monero because I state facts that are true about it, it doesn't mean anything has changed in terms of my plans. Hell will freeze over before I will ever write a line of code for Monero[1]. No disrespect to those who created Monero, they will be welcome to join the winner.

(can you tell I am getting healthy now, lol)

[1] I am not going to get involved in any C++ source code bases, so no bitcoind and no Monero. I know C++ since I wrote CoolPage (million user app) in it, but been there, done that, never again. More importantly, I want to change the world, so I am not going to get involved with designs that can't possible scale to 1 million transactions per second. That would be a waste of my legacy. And I am not going to get involved with communities that are off in their little corner of the internet and haven't attracted superstar non-anonymous programmers. I want to see LinkedIn accounts and career history plus major accomplishments. Gmaxwell and Adam Back don't count, because they are number theoretic/cryptography nerds. They are not systems engineers (which was obvious in my technical debate with gmaxwell regarding the indexing of streaming audio formats) and certainly not savvy marketers for the large scale adoption we need. Honestly I think smooth is very smart, but I have no idea who he is and what he has done in his career in detail. I have some vague public rumor (and his private statement) that he worked in FinTech.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2016, 03:41:09 AM

Why would I want respect from the community of a coin with a broken design that I aim for my project to supercede  Huh  (note no one is excluded from leaving the broken design and joining the winner)

iCEBREAKER, just admit you can't understand what I wrote at the linked research.

Good to see iCEBREAKER is still going to need some proof from me. I love the competitiveness.

Sorry when I build up Monero because I state facts that are true about it, it doesn't mean anything has changed in terms of my plans. Hell will freeze over before I will ever write a line of code for Monero[1]. No disrespect to those who created Monero, they will be welcome to join the winner.

(can you tell I am getting healthy now, lol)

[1] I am not going to get involved in any C++ source code bases, so no bitcoind and no Monero. I know C++ since I wrote CoolPage (million user app) in it, but been there, done that, never again. More importantly, I want to change the world, so I am not going to get involved with designs that can't possible scale to 1 million transactions per second. That would be a waste of my legacy. And I am not going to get involved with communities that are off in their little corner of the internet and haven't attracted superstar non-anonymous programmers. I want to see LinkedIn accounts and career history plus major accomplishments. Gmaxwell and Adam Back don't count, because they are number theoretic/cryptography nerds. They are not systems engineers (which was obvious in my technical debate with gmaxwell regarding the indexing of streaming audio formats) and certainly not savvy marketers for the large scale adoption we need.

If you want respect, demonstrate you competence by contributing code.  It's not complicated, no matter how much you resent the requirement.

I understand type theory.  My formal education included computer science at the highest levels.  And I can google the rest.

OTOH you don't understand how to earn respect in the FOSS community, so you are doomed to fail.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 06:05:24 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2016, 06:40:16 AM by TPTB_need_war

If you want respect, demonstrate you competence by contributing code.  It's not complicated, no matter how much you resent the requirement.

I understand type theory.  My formal education included computer science at the highest levels.  And I can google the rest.

OTOH you don't understand how to earn respect in the FOSS community, so you are doomed to fail.

I already told you I don't want your respect. I am laughing at you. I want your disrespect, because I don't value your discernment and I want to teach you a lesson.

I didn't know you know type theory, otherwise the following is already an accurate reply:

Now that you quoted the entire post, does it change the fact that he says MONERO IS A BROKEN DESIGN?

Not quite. I said Bitcoin is broken and both can't scale to million tx/s. But that doesn't make Monero broken for its target market. Bitcoin is broken both for scaling and for centralization of mining. Monero has advantages on the latter and also adds strong privacy.

My reasons for not wanting to be folded into the development group of Monero, is because I would be a little fish in a little pond. And I am not enthralled about coding on C++ code bases. So what is the redeeming factor, when I have so much opportunity and excitement on what I am working on now? I find it a bit insulting (but more humorous and motivates my competitive fire) when iCEBREAKER and americanpegasus insinuate that the only useful coding I could do in this world would be on the itsy bitsy coins they own. That is because they are speculators and not developers. The developers don't say that to me, because they know better.

It has nothing to do with not respecting open source (and Btw the creator of the term open source hates the term FLOSS), but rather thinking I can lead a more relevant open source effort than Monero. There are 1000s of programmers in this world. The few programmers Monero has is not a huge resource compared to the potential out there. We haven't even scratched the surface yet. The problem is that Monero's focus is too small and too narrow and no one in the project knows how or wants to broaden it. I am going to make an attempt to.

Edit: the disrespect is not any more intense than the disrespect you accord to me. I offer you the respect you reciprocate. It is your decision the level respect you deserve from me. You may not care, and I may not care either, lol.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 06:47:27 AM

I was trying to be constructive by suggesting a couple of ways you could contribute sufficient to earn the desired immensity of respect for your purported abilities.

Man the patronizing BS is really insulting to the point of being "Not Getting It" hilarious.

Please stop insinuating I need the respect of those who you think I need and the way you think I need to obtain it. It is quite annoying and humorous given I've been earning respectaccomplishments for 30 years in this industry. That your small circle respects or doesn't respect me, is irrelevant to me and my current plans and goals.

Surely you don't feel automatically entitled to unearned respect.

Of course not. I am doing important work every day and earning the accomplishments I need for my plans and goals. Just because you can't understand what is being accomplished, doesn't make you an omniscient authority.

Since you dislike C++, why not port Monero to something you find more desirable?  Rust or Erlang, perhaps?

Because I have a much better project to work on.

Monero is okay for what is does, but it does not excite me. I am working on something much bigger. 100 times bigger.

If you can find a way to use miniblockchain to improve p2pool's sharechain, that would a be key selling point for ShelbyCoin (your vaporware vanity project).

If you use BBR's Wild Keccak proof of work, you might get (back) to the decentralization holy grail of every wallet being a full node and ~solo miner.

My designs are so far advanced from those flawed designs you are suggested. I evaluated miniblock over 2 years ago and I found the flaws in BBR's wild keccak after it was released.

Edit: the disrespect is not any more intense than the disrespect you accord to me. I offer you the respect you reciprocate. It is your decision the level respect you deserve from me. You may not care, and I may not care either, lol.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 07:40:18 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2016, 08:34:37 AM by TPTB_need_war

Man the patronizing BS is really insulting to the point of being "Not Getting It" hilarious.

Wrong.  The patronizing BS is factual, not insulting.

I can't believe you are incapable of understanding what I wrote in the prior post.

Your tiny small corner of the internet is not relevant to my plans. What part of that can't you seem to grasp?

Please don't fill up my thread with noise. I realize you are trying to bury my posts upthread wherein I shared with my readers here my phenomenal type theory research level insight attained today. If you continue this tactic, I will be forced to delete your posts.

Please stop insinuating I need the respect of those who you think I need and the way you think I need to obtain it. It is quite annoying and humorous given I've been earning respectaccomplishments for 30 years in this industry. That your small circle respects or doesn't respect me, is irrelevant to me and my current plans and goals.

The gimp work you did on a dot matrix printer driver in the 1980s doesn't apply to modern crypto and ecash.

Cripes man, review my LinkedIn. I've been involved with two x 1 million user products since WordUp, also EOS Photomodeler and other work.

And I don't want your reply about my LinkedIn. And such trolling response will be deleted because it is wasting my scarce time.

Lack of respect is only neutral.  You obviously feel vastly entitled to unearned respect by concluding lack of respect can only be disrespect.

How many times have I already told you that I do not need your respect nor the respect of your tiny corner of the internet.

Your crypto-currency delusions are irrelevant little fish and btw get off my lawn and stop wasting my time. I am implementing plans for something much bigger than just unscalable, nefarious crypto-currency.

It is annoying Moneropridetards like you that make me start to hate Monero's community again. Please go away. And stay gone.

Why would you think that Monero is the center of every programmer's universe.  Huh  Roll Eyes

Of course not. I am doing important work every day and earning the accomplishments I need for my plans and goals. Just because you can't understand what is being accomplished, doesn't make you an omniscient authority.

Assumes facts not in evidence.

You don't comprehend the evidence. Information looks like noise to a someone who lacks the knowledge to understand the technical details. ArtMine and I saw how you screwed up the Segregated Witness understanding. And there are so many examples. You are eloquent with words, but you aren't a top level programmer. So again, get off my lawn. You are wasting my time.

You don't do anything every day but froth and foam about crazy nonsense.  Nobody (except that one guy) cares about your "Research level insight" (LOOL) into Rust vs Haskell typing.

Hahaha. You just put your foot in your mouth. That one guy is the co-author with Oleg on HList and OOHaskell papers. If you don't know who the type theory god Oleg is then that exemplifies why you don't understand the subject matter.

Btw, the other guy you failed to notice, was supporting my original stance about the superiority of functor enumeration versus iterators, and his first linked reference is a masterpiece from Oleg (make sure you view the cited References at the end).

Do you even know how to use github?

https://github.com/shelby3/

Don't worry, I will make sure you eat all you words. Be ready.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 04:30:28 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2016, 09:47:52 PM by TPTB_need_war

I can detect my health is really improving a lot, because I am starting to get back the energy (and thus mental locomotion, intense focus, and clarity) to make research level insights again.

P.S. I doubt Bitcoin core devs can do the above, because programming language typing is not their area of specialization (especially the number theorists/cryptographers). We have different talents and specializations, so we need to learn to respect each other.

Kaboom! I just blew up every modern OOP language including C++ and Java:

https://users.rust-lang.org/t/high-order-function-with-type-parameter/3112/37

And iCEBREAKER's allegation that I don't code and that only one or two Rust community members interact with me is REKTED (yet again lol):

https://users.rust-lang.org/t/high-order-function-with-type-parameter/3112/49

Get off my lawn son. It is annoying (although humorously pitiful) when you accuse people who are more knowledgable than you. I am not bragging. I am humbled by all that I don't know and want to learn. I am just saying don't blow your usual technically-challenged, disrespectful snot all over my thread. Amicable, respectful, or even disrespectful technically astute comments are always welcome. Your jokes are welcome (you do have some talent and redeeming qualities).

Edit: iCEBREAKER has a pointUndecided

Animosity is not good. We're just having fun here with our altcoins (or "shitcoins" for others - depending one's view I guess) Cheesy

Just 5 minutes of anger can cause one's immune system to underperform for up to 7-10 hours or so.

On the other hand, 5 minutes of loving feelings (gratitude, appreciation) can have the same positive effect to the immune system, extending for several hours.

The "battle mode" that one might engage in while foruming and debating in troll threads, is not really conductive to one's health. It must be viewed as a fun exercise.

Three beers to that :lifting mugs:

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 10:44:49 PM

Okay thanks. I should have checked that (my mind off in YouTube, lol). I'll delete both our posts (and keep this one) to cut down on clutter.

The original was not deleted. Maybe they just didn't like the crosspost for whatever reason.

Does anyone have any clue why the mods would delete this factual post  Huh

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

How does Monero propose to resolve the fact that it's blockchain is growing faster than Moores Law and pruning is so limited?

Human populations don't grow faster than Moore's law. Duh.

Disk arrays scale to anything we can fathom.

The issue is that no block chain consensus can maintain decentralization of validation, not because of scaling problems but because of the fundamental economic reality that not every miner can have an equal share of the hashrate, thus verification costs are not shared equally. The creates an asymmetry where economies-of-scale will maximize profit and grow hashrate the fastest thus centralizing mining.

The solution requires some clever innovation on proof-of-work.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 02:07:12 AM

https://github.com/shelby3/

Don't worry, I will make sure you eat all you words. Be ready.

Current streak 0 days
Last contributed 5 months ago

Shelby is on the march; the universe trembles.   Roll Eyes

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 03:20:47 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2016, 03:46:31 PM by TPTB_need_war

Current streak 0 days
Last contributed 5 months ago

Shelby is on the march; the universe trembles.   Roll Eyes

Hahaha. Keep your eyes there where the magician wants you to look, while he is warming up something with his other hand which you are oblivious to, lol.

Come on man, make me laugh harder. That is why I love you.

Edit: iCEBREAKER has an interesting theory of the world of work. In iCEBREAKER's delusional world, the only valid job is uploading code to github. Imagine living in iCEBREAKER's world, where no food is grown, no research is performed, no marketing is developed, no business plans are written. And especially nothing is done in a way that isn't obvious to iCEBREAKER. I am imagining this world of his, and all I see is starvation and misery.

I'll let the reader estimate iCEBREAKER's intelligence quotient.

Segregated Witness is just another way to centralize mining. I will explain that in the future when I am ready.

... but that is a small price to pay in order to increase the blocksize from 1 MB to an effective 1.6 MB accomplish

• Malleability Fixes
  • Linear scaling of sighash operations
  • Signing of input values
  • Increased security for multisig via pay-to-script-hash (P2SH)
  • Script versioning
  • Reducing UTXO growth
  • Compact fraud proofs
Cool

ftfy

The technically-challenged will conflate features with don't require Segregated Witness with an argument for why we need Segregated Witness.

Give them respect at your own peril. I rather enjoy the humor of it though.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 02:13:48 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2016, 04:14:49 PM by TPTB_need_war

At the moment, they don't really have any competition or at least any that markets their services very well.

Potentially another manipulated market such as the argument about Mt.Gox bubble upthread. We could be witnessing a cashing out from recent altcoin bubbles while buying from himself to create the illusion of a rising price while doing so as they ostensibly did for the ETH bubble, e.g. Vitalik using Coinbase to cash out from ETH -> BTC -> USD.

Free markets = decentralized markets.

When you have whales and most volume going through 1 or 2 exchanges, you don't have decentralized markets.

Seems they got wind of my posts about the legality of ICOs and disclosure.

You think this has anything to do with you, a random stranger on the Internet just like me and the next guy? Wow, this is pretty intense

You need to read the Ethereum Paradox and "The altcoin topic everyone wants to sweep under the rug" threads to understand I am not a random stranger. Didn't you know I am alleged to be Satoshi?

Re: [POLL] Should Alternative Currencies Have Their Own Forum Section ?

Although philosophically I'd like to vote "yes", I voted "no" because the reality is the scams are the BTC economy:

Any way, I'd like to not see altcoins dominated only by get quick rich and not some serious attempts to fix Bitcoin's flaws and create a large adoption market. But the more I think about this, the more I realize if that ever happens it will be largely outside of this forum. This forum is a gambler's paradise. I need to remind myself that I we here are in an enclave.

At the moment, they don't really have any competition or at least any that markets their services very well.

Potentially another manipulated market such as the argument about Mt.Gox bubble upthread. We could be witnessing a cashing out from recent altcoin bubbles while buying from himself to create the illusion of a rising price while doing so as they ostensibly did for the ETH bubble, e.g. Vitalik using Coinbase to cash out from ETH -> BTC -> USD.

Free markets = decentralized markets.

When you have whales and most volume going through 1 or 2 exchanges, you don't have decentralized markets.

Nobody invests into BTC or mining equipment anymore. When did you bought ASICs valued 10.000 USD last time? Aren't those USD you now use to buy BTC just been taken from former BTC sales?

Bitcoin cannot do without Alts, both built up a complete whole economy. Remember people are not buying/selling anything using BTC, they just gamble on Alts. Basically I do agree on BTC up causing Alts going down and vice verse. Enclosed system like two water tanks with a flexible tube connecting them.

I agree the two go hand in hand. Since alt coins are really the biggest thing you can purchase with BTC, ...

This is true. Most people don't want to trade their BTC for a non-CC asset, because this their gambling money. They can't buy mining equipment with BTC to increase their holdings of crypto-currency. This is why ICOs have become more popular than mined distribution, with the ASIC resistant Monero as an exception.

ASICs killed the mining ecosystem. This has been r0ach's point, that if the coins don't circulate, then the ecosystem dies. Bitcoin is dying. Only the altcoin circulation kept Bitcoin alive.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 02:47:55 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2016, 03:28:52 PM by TPTB_need_war

Segregated Witness is just another way to centralize mining. I will explain that in the future when I am ready.

... but that is a small price to pay in order to increase the blocksize from 1 MB to an effective 1.6 MB accomplish

• Malleability Fixes
  • Linear scaling of sighash operations
  • Signing of input values
  • Increased security for multisig via pay-to-script-hash (P2SH)
  • Script versioning
  • Reducing UTXO growth
  • Compact fraud proofs
Cool

ftfy

The technically-challenged will conflate features with don't require Segregated Witness with an argument for why we need Segregated Witness.

Segwit is an elegant way for Bitcoin to gain those benefits.  I never said segwit was the only way, but it's good enough and it's happening.

Other coins (like Monero) enjoyed second/late mover advantages by being designed for those features from the beginning.

Frankly I haven't yet studied SegWit in great detail, because I will wait until they have finished it, so I am not losing time studying a moving target. I have no influence on the Bitcoin community's decisions, thus studying it now is of no significant advantage in the holistic priorities.

Conceptually I understand that SegWit enables outsourcing validation and retains hashes of the validated data on the block chain. Afaics, this is centralizing for at least three reasons:

1. Those with preferential access/propagation to validators can earn more with the same hashrate by mining on the correct block slightly sooner. Over time this moves ROI and thus hashrate concentration to those who have these political connections. However, this is not much different than the same effect that can exist now where miners with significant hashrate (even a cooperating set of them) can validate their block announcements sooner than the rest of the network. Afaik, the salient worsening due to SegWit is that validation concentration can now be political, not only by hashrate concentration, so it amplifies the vectors towards centralization.

2. Afaik, SegWit relies on trust enforced by voluntary fraud proofs to insure that the validation is correct for each hash on the block chain. Afaics, the game theory around these voluntary fraud proofs drives more centralization. But this is not something I want to detail now. It is a complex discussion and I am busy on more urgent priorities.

3. Afaik the new versioning capability that will be introduced with SegWit, basically hands the power to Blockstream to drive forks any time they want to. Again this is another game theory discussion which I don't wish to elaborate on at this time. Note Monero's periodic forks as a protocol also seems to a form of centralized control. One can argue that miners can vote, but it is fairly impossible to stop the political clout of the lead developers especially when that control is hardwired into the protocol. Satoshi's design was that it should be nearly impossible to hard fork, because that is the only way you truly have decentralization.

3. Afaik the new versioning capability that will be introduced with SegWit, basically hands the power to Blockstream to drive forks any time they want to. Again this is another game theory discussion which I don't wish to elaborate on at this time. Note Monero's periodic forks as a protocol also seems to a form of centralized control. One can argue that miners can vote, but it is fairly impossible to stop the political clout of the lead developers especially when that control is hardwired into the protocol. Satoshi's design was that it should be nearly impossible to hard fork, because that is the only way you truly have decentralization.

Regarding [3], if miners/exchanges/merchants don't agree with the lead developers they can just remain on an old(er) version.

I said it is a complex game theory discussion. Seems you want to force me to have that discussion when I said I am busy on other more urgent priorities. Because I can't just leave your afaics incorrect assumption there unrefuted.

You can't retain an older version, because soon the new features will become intertwined in everything and soon you won't be able to function in the network. The complexity of failure modes with an older version are beyond the scope of the discussion I want to have now. That will be a technical discussion. Just remember what happened the last time I got into a technical discussion with gmaxwell on Ogg streaming format indexing, a topic that he thought he was more expert on (and he should have been since he was the co-inventor of one of the Ogg codecs).

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 05:08:36 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2016, 04:53:14 AM by TPTB_need_war

Segwit is the only proper solution for malleability.

Technical reference please so I can verify?

Lol, smooth:

Segwit is the only proper solution for malleability

There is some confusion between the concept of not including the signature in the txid and the particular package of changes that is being done in Core that does this and more but is also commonly called sigwit.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 05:58:21 PM

From private message:

Thanks again my friend.

Sorry for being out of touch and grumpy. Hopefully we can both be cured from our annoying illness asap. I will let you know how the oregano oil works for me.

I am eager to hear how it works for you. Note you will very likely need more sleep during this. If you don't sleep when you feel sleepy, you will be working against the cure.

I can start to feel ill again if I don't sleep on time. You know I am working like crazy trying to actually get something done now that I don't feel so pathetic. But after I sleep properly, all retrogression is reverted.

No worries man. I didn't have the energy and mood to try to explain to you either. That is just what the illness does. I knew that.

And I don't blame you for being skeptical about my progress, etc.. I was getting down too, but I just kept trying to push forward.

Good luck!

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 11:53:32 PM

REKTing Haskell today:

https://users.rust-lang.org/t/high-order-function-with-type-parameter/3112/63 (read the linked post and down the page)

Another day, another language bites the dust. Lol.

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 12:16:35 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2016, 01:58:10 AM by AlexGR

If there were no classes, subclasses, objects, complex types and all the abstraction clusterfucks, and you just had to deal with simple things, like vars/consts and functions, how would that affect your programming?

Wouldn't you be able to do your work? If you don't need them (in theory nobody does - they can just copy/paste similar code to emulate objects or make multiple declaration instead of using complex types), you could just skip them all together or bypass them. If the cpu can do everything by 10-15 math and logical functions, like comparing, jumping, adding, moving data, so can we at a much higher level (but still not too high to create clusterfucks).

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:02:26 AM

If there were no classes, subclasses, objects, complex types and all the abstraction clusterfucks, and you just had to deal with simple things, like vars/consts and functions, how would that affect your programming?

Wouldn't you be able to do your work? If you don't need them (in theory nobody does - the can just copy/paste similar code to emulate objects or make multiple declaration instead of using complex types), you could just skip them all together or bypass them. If the cpu can do everything by 10-15 math and logical functions, like comparing, jumping, adding, moving data, so can we at a much higher level (but still not too high to create clusterfucks).

OMG, I will let smooth handle this one or just ignore it. I'm not up for teaching you why your conceptualization is extremely naive.

Umm...I think you should study some computer science courses.

Start reading from here: https://users.rust-lang.org/t/high-order-function-with-type-parameter/3112/101

P.S. with first-class functions and closures, you can model most of the same semantics, but it gets hairy.

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: