Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:49:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: my intuition says: we're sitting on a rocket about to be ignited  (Read 36817 times)
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:14:51 AM

My intuition tells me I have missed the rocket ship... FML  Cry

you need an emergency injection of andreas antonopoulos. it may not be bitcoin specifically where all of the big money will be made but you have absolutely not missed the crypto (in general) rocketship. this thing is just getting started. wait until other forms of finance besides only money move onto the block chain. wait until finaincal securities move onto the block chain. wait until people blockchain crowed funding over takes kickstarter. wait until people start bootstrapping corporations. wait until we have self executing 0 counter-party risk derivatives contracts on the blockchain. jesus wait until distributed autonomous corporations.

you havn't seen anything yet.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:25:22 AM

you need an emergency injection of andreas antonopoulos. it may not be bitcoin specifically where all of the big money will be made but you have absolutely not missed the crypto (in general) rocketship. this thing is just getting started. wait until other forms of finance besides only money move onto the block chain. wait until finaincal securities move onto the block chain. wait until people blockchain crowed funding over takes kickstarter. wait until people start bootstrapping corporations. wait until we have self executing 0 counter-party risk derivatives contracts on the blockchain. jesus wait until distributed autonomous corporations.

+1

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:35:58 AM

Not going to happen.

BTC will only take off once there is a killer use for it. Either mobile payments or electronic payment on the Internet. Before that, it will remain somewhat of a curiosity.

lol..

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
ZiG

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:45:28 AM

Well said...Agree 100.1 ( BTC...)...oopss %... Grin

BUT...I am NOT holding my breath...for distributed autonomous GOVERNMENT(s)...Then call Jesus... Huh
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:29:15 AM

BUT...I am NOT holding my breath...for distributed autonomous GOVERNMENT(s)...Then call Jesus... Huh

DAC's could in theory out-compete government. In a sense they could make government irrelevant. Of course not early ones, that would take a while.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
ZiG

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:41:58 AM

DAC's could in theory out-compete government. In a sense they could make government irrelevant. Of course not early ones, that would take a while.

Well...and in practice isn't it already happening...?...even without the help of Bitcoin ...I believe "plain old cash" is just enough... Wink
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:39:27 AM

Well...and in practice isn't it already happening...?...even without the help of Bitcoin ...I believe "plain old cash" is just enough... Wink

yes i am personally very optimistic about the future. the nsa stuff and the police state stuff is scary but when compared to all of the positive trends i dont think it stacks up. things are generally moving in a very positive direction imo.

BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 07:17:38 AM

Speculation based on intuition?!

great....

anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:24:40 AM

great....

Behind our intuition is a computer with many Exaflops with highly sophisticated pattern recognition software. Our logic is driven by an emulation layer that is slower than a 1970s pocket calculator. You think our logic is superior just because you are more aware of it?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4457

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:38:08 AM

My intuition tells me that trying to predict the future is shaky at best.
 Smiley
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 05:58:34 AM

Behind our intuition is a computer with many Exaflops with highly sophisticated pattern recognition software. Our logic is driven by an emulation layer that is slower than a 1970s pocket calculator. You think our logic is superior just because you are more aware of it?
Point of order: Our brains don't exactly do Floating-point operations. Much like the Bitcoin network does not do a lot of Floating-point operations. Contrary to popular belief, the Bitcoin network does do some floating-point operations: mainly for stats.

But yes, our neurons are very good are recognizing patterns (and ignoring them). AFAIK, our brains are biased toward new information (which implies recognizing old information).

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:11:36 PM

Nicely put! Logic helps streamline simple routine tasks. All great deeds were achieved with intuition. Personally I prefer mixing trading decisions (intuition) with money management (logic)

i am satoshi
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:31:01 AM

I'm strapped in and ready for the ride of a lifetime and I'm glad to have the rest of you here with me.  Big ups to the bears and strong hands.  Cool
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:39:09 PM

Bitcoin is just ready to burst through $1k and continue its inevitable trip to $10k any moment now.

Roll Eyes
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:52:30 PM

My intuition tells me I have missed the rocket ship... FML  Cry

I think you are wrong, NEVER sell your bitcoins for paper.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:56:23 PM

Bitcoin is just ready to burst through $1k and continue its inevitable trip to $10k any moment now.

Roll Eyes

It's gonna happen either late this year or in 2015... we still have a lot of FUD left to go

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
BTCtrader71

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:12:17 PM

My intuition tells me I have missed the rocket ship... FML  Cry

+1

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
Dotto
Legendary

Activity: 981
Merit: 1005

No maps for these territories

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:01:45 PM

great....

Instant Anu fan.
thresher

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:45:27 PM

One of these rockets maybe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6qJh9upqW8

None are carrying people (I think), so not in bad taste.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:19:25 AM

Buckle up people we all know that rockets are not known for giving a very smooth ride.  Watch any rocket take off and you will see just what I'm talking about.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: