Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:36:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Legendary one day?  (Read 103000 times)
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:11:29 PM

By the way, I am thinking that stevegee might be a relative of mine, perhaps a cousin 5 or 8 times removed.  Perhaps?

That's right bro.  We Gees gotta stick together!

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:47:12 AM

Woop woop! 1022 for me apparently. About time.

When does the hazing start?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:52:51 AM

Usually peeps don't want to be hazed, and since you are requesting hazing, the best hazing might be to ignore you.  hahahahha   Tongue Tongue

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:21:55 AM

Usually peeps don't want to be hazed, and since you are requesting hazing, the best hazing might be to ignore you.  hahahahha   Tongue Tongue

Reverse psychology works every time. Grin Damn. No hazing for me I guess. This is the worst Legendirthday ever. Angry
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:23:23 PM

Reverse psychology works every time. Grin Damn. No hazing for me I guess. This is the worst Legendirthday ever. Angry
Forget Legendary. These days, people are struggling to be a Jr. Member.

jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:10:40 AM

We should be glad that we join and participate in this awesome community before those changes. Cheesy.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 09:30:00 AM

Got the merits.. now need the activity! I wasn't fussed about leveling up, now that I have cracked the 1K merits I think it will piss me off every 2 weeks. The way my luck is running I wont get it till over 1K activity!

I haven't worked out how the Legendary lottery works. You need to get a minimum of merit and activity, and then it appears to go into a predefined calculation, and it seems to be a function of activity, post count, and member name.

I'll be interested to see what advantages will be gained if the 1,000 earned merits club is introduced.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:30:46 PM

Got the merits.. now need the activity! I wasn't fussed about leveling up, now that I have cracked the 1K merits I think it will piss me off every 2 weeks. The way my luck is running I wont get it till over 1K activity!

I haven't worked out how the Legendary lottery works. You need to get a minimum of merit and activity, and then it appears to go into a predefined calculation, and it seems to be a function of activity, post count, and member name.

I'll be interested to see what advantages will be gained if the 1,000 earned merits club is introduced.

Ranking up to Legendary is the same as previously, except the 1,000 merit requirement is added on since January 2018.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 758

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:24:57 PM

Let' make a thread for Jr.member one day. Cheesy Because it is now dream for many of the forum members even myself have lot of activity but hard to find the merits. Sad

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 05:40:34 PM

Ranking up to Legendary is the same as previously, except the 1,000 merit requirement is added on since January 2018.

I understand that, but members are starting to differentiate between "earned" merits, and air dropped merits.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:00:29 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

You can check this topic:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4594234.0
Or these posts:
Post #1
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4594234.msg41521937#msg41521937
Post #2
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1226681.msg35423016#msg35423016
Post #3
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1226681.msg35865187#msg35865187

I can tell you nearly everything about this 'Legendary Lottery' except the 'salt' Theymos uses in the database...
This predefined calculation is not a difficult thing to understand, but you cannot do anything without the 'salt'...
I was just a few activity periods away from becoming a Legendary, before the Merit system was introduced, this is why I've read everything about it after...
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:20:45 PM

I understand that, but members are starting to differentiate between "earned" merits, and air dropped merits.

Oh?  o.k.  I must have misread your point, a bit.  I have seen some of that too.

The whole matter seems kind of petty, but there could be some value in such distinctions with the passage of time, and perhaps making broader assessments or circumstances in which the differentiation shows recent activism and recent contributions.  I suppose, also, with the passage of time, if administrators might be able to possibly make some policy and practice decisions based on account activities and whether certain accounts are failing to earn any merits. 

There does seem to be some pettiness to the whole matter of merit measuring if we look at it minutely, even though in broader sweeps there could be some credible assessments that are made based on these kinds of matters.  Perhaps showing which members are active and generally providing useful post contributions, rather than I am better than you kinds of claims?

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:30:22 PM

You can check this topic:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4594234.0
Or these posts:
Post #1
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4594234.msg41521937#msg41521937
Post #2
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1226681.msg35423016#msg35423016
Post #3
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1226681.msg35865187#msg35865187

I can tell you nearly everything about this 'Legendary Lottery' except the 'salt' Theymos uses in the database...
This predefined calculation is not a difficult thing to understand, but you cannot do anything without the 'salt'...
I was just a few activity periods away from becoming a Legendary, before the Merit system was introduced, this is why I've read everything about it after...

The Hero to Legendary cut off was one of the most brutal to require 500 merits for the next level, so it was good that theymos provided a few more members the extra 500 merits benefit of the doubt so long as they had already reached the minimum legendary activity level by the time of the January 24, 2018 implementation date (even if they were still then hero members).   On the other hand, if you were almost to the minimum activity level as a hero member but not quite there, then you did not get the extra 500 merits .. so a bit tougher to build up 500 merits.. could take a couple of years, even if you work hard... even though there are about 23 members who have already earned 500 merits, but most of those members were already well established forum members. 

By the way, I think that the merit system presumes an average of about a merit per day for active members, which seems a bit of a high presumption, so maybe 1/4 to 1/2 merit per day on average would be more achievable for regularly active members?

DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10759

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 08:48:15 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2018, 10:25:54 AM by DdmrDdmr

<...>
By the way, I think that the merit system presumes an average of about a merit per day for active members, which seems a bit of a high presumption, so maybe 1/4 to 1/2 merit per day on average would be more achievable for regularly active members?
The average of all merited users is as follows:
Code:
Average/day           nUsers              %TotalMeritedUsers
[>=1]                 100                 0.59%
[0.75 ... 1)          37                  0.22%
[0.5 ... 0.75)        117                 0.70%
[0.25 ... 0.5)        382                 2.27%
[0.1 ... 0.25)        952                 5.66%
[<0.1)                15239               90.56%
I’ve taken into consideration only accounts that have been merited, and that were created <= 24/01/2018, so as not to calculate a different base for every user that joined the forum after the Merit System kick-off . To calculate the average, I’ve considered the total earned sMerits divided by 240 (eight of the nine running months, so as to give some holiday time).

Note: Its a rough initial aproximation that does not take into account activity or number of posts in that period of time.
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 09:03:13 AM

The whole matter seems kind of petty, but there could be some value in such distinctions

The accumulation of merit is not that important to me. What is important is gaining a feel for the community opinion of my actions. Merit is one way to judge this, what is probably better is constructive comments, especially if that allow me to modify my actions or opinins.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 10:35:55 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2018, 10:46:31 AM by JayJuanGee

<...>
The average of all merited users is as follows:
Code:
Average/day           nUsers              %TotalMeritedUsers
[>=1]                 100                 0.59%
[0.75 ... 1)          37                  0.22%
[0.5 ... 0.75)        117                 0.70%
[0.25 ... 0.5)        382                 2.27%
[0.1 ... 0.25)        952                 5.66%
[<0.1)                15239               90.56%
I’ve taken into consideration only accounts that have been merited, and that were created <= 24/01/2018, so as not to calculate a different base for every user that joined the forum after the Merit System kick-off . To calculate the average, I’ve considered the total earned sMerits divided by 240 (8 of the nine running months, so as to give some holiday time).

Note: Its a rough initial aproximation that does not take into account activity or number of posts in that period of time.

Hey.  Thanks DdmrDdmr for a "reality" based break down.

It would be nice to see those same kinds of break downs considering posting quantity level of the member, as well, such as if a member has an average post rate of .1 posts per day or greater.  

I am not really opposed to filtering out based on join date; however, with the passage of time, there could be greater needs to consider categories of membership based on time, such as "been a member greater than 6 months" or something like that.

My rough understanding of activity level is that each member gains the maximum of activity (14 points) if s/he posts at least 1 time in the at-issue activity period, so long as s/he has an overall average post rate of at least 1 post per day.  Accordingly, I was presuming that under the new implemented merit system, a member would need to average around 1 merit per day in order to rank up at the same rate that s/he would have ranked up under the old pre-merit system.  Am I in the ballpark, or out in left field?

By the way, when I see the numbers that you posted there, I see that the number of merited posters seems to be fairly low, even accounting for an average of .1 merits per day average or greater, still showing only in the 10% of users range while presuming that we are only looking at posters who are active enough to at least earn one merit during the period.  The Pareto principle, if it might possibly be applicable here, would at least presume a way of filtering the results in such a way to get to 20%.

DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10759

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 11:09:26 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2018, 12:23:49 PM by DdmrDdmr

<...>
To break down further base on post quality you need to perform some kind of qualitative analysis, selecting enough random users from each segment and looking through their posts. That would be awesome, but a hell of a lot of (subjective) work.

I did actually do the exercise with and without the date filter (but over the same 240 days accounted for), and the segments differed in both scenarios by a few decimals. To do the exercise with the newer arrivals properly though, they would need to be pondered by the amount of days they have been in the system (i.e. if someone joined a month ago, then his merits should be divided by 30 days, not 240). I could get on to that at some point and share the results, along with merit per post which may be interesting, although with some limitation (see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5033479.msg46147847#msg46147847)).

1 Merit per day would be the equivalent I figure of the pace that needs to match the activity, and together enable a ranking-up at the same pace as before the Merit System.

The total (non date capped) amount of people that have received at least 1 sMerit is 21.235.
If we go with @Vods definition of active user (logged-in within the last three months), there are 330.600 active users. Now in the same last 3 month window, there are 7.153 distinct users that have been merited. That is 2,11% of the current active users as per @Vods definition. In reality, the figure should be less since it would be better to count those that log and post..
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 11:44:54 PM

Boys stay on topic please. I can understand someone dreaming about becoming a junior member one day and made an off-topic post here or created a new topic to celebrate but talking about merit here isn't kewl.

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
MainIbem

Activity: 1344
Merit: 386

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:55:08 AM

I am reflecting on what might have informed the OP back in 2015. Now, whatever would have caused the waiting is by the way. You are now a legendary. Congratulations! But a lesson l learnt is that time heals. Keep doing the right thing and it will come.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:55:21 AM

Boys stay on topic please. I can understand someone dreaming about becoming a junior member one day and made an off-topic post here or created a new topic to celebrate but talking about merit here isn't kewl.

Seems to me that we are largely on topic, because there are new requirements that are present in order to aspire to becoming Legendary some day, and that is the system of merits and whether regular mortal members are going to be able to rank up to Legendary in similar time frames as they were able to previously, or how much they might have to bust their butts (or otherwise to be exceptional in order to be able to aspire to achieving such rank, which includes passing through the various levels to become Legendary).  Sufficiently on topic in my humble bumble point of view in order to post in this thread (even though such topic of merit is beaten up in a lot of other threads, too, especially in recent times (as you seem to be implying with your suggestion that we might arguably be off topic, here).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: