Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:41:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would/Do you spend your current bitcoins in stores (or online)?
Yes - 215 (54%)
No - 183 (46%)
Total Voters: 398

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you actively spend your bitcoins?  (Read 257560 times)
Narosya

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:31:01 PM

I used to spend it before when there were only few things to buy using it, been saving them and keeping them from few months as a good investment opportunity.

If you do not have use for that, just save it. If you can spend it, then spend some of the coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phreaky

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:14:01 PM

I try to spend them for things i need. because the price is very good now.
But I have not found a lot of items i need, so know they are safe in my wallet.
luckyboys

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:53:11 PM

I actively gamble with my Bitcoin if that counts. Other than that, no.

well, atleast, you use it,  and you didn't just stock it in your wallet. atleast it is moving..  Smiley

Using it to gamble is not necessarily a good thing, it doesn't really help bitcoin. We need more online shops to accept bitcoin, unfortunately it's hard to convince them because of the volatility.
Trading btc in market more better than gambling. try this web for online shopping http://www.overstock.com, http://www.newegg.com/, and this is for womens thing you can find in http://www.showroomprive.com/
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:21:42 AM

I try to spend them for things i need. because the price is very good now.
But I have not found a lot of items i need, so know they are safe in my wallet.

Most of the shops i like also don't accept bitcoin.

But if you check out the bitcoin directories:
http://www.whotakescoin.com
http://www.cryptodir.com
http://usebitcoins.info

You will find many stores who accept bitcoin.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:09:20 PM

Try to save some of them do not use all for gamble as it do not bring each time good fortune. Also there are many other ways to invest your bitcoins. I try to save almost all of my bitcoins for my retirement life. Over all, I am not currently actively spending bitcoins.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:41:33 PM

Try to save some of them do not use all for gamble as it do not bring each time good fortune. Also there are many other ways to invest your bitcoins. I try to save almost all of my bitcoins for my retirement life. Over all, I am not currently actively spending bitcoins.
I wouldn't necessarily recommend saving all your coins for your retirement fund, but if that's what you want to do then it is fine by me.

I just hope you realize a lot can happen over a decade or two, especially in Bitcoin...
Ruzka

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:47:23 PM

well, atleast, you use it,  and you didn't just stock it in your wallet. atleast it is moving..  Smiley

Using it to gamble is not necessarily a good thing, it doesn't really help bitcoin. We need more online shops to accept bitcoin, unfortunately it's hard to convince them because of the volatility.

The thing is it is not only the volatility but when they accept it as a payment method it needs to be used, unfortunately many hoard their coins and don't support btc by making purchases so more than anything it needs people who actually want to spend their btc.
Gambling can be a good thing for a bigger market of people buying in but then the coins end up in the hands of a few anyway.
I try to spend as much as I can yes but like many others I don't spend much as there is not much choice and I won't buy just for the sake of it.

Narosya

Activity: 428

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:26:15 PM

well, atleast, you use it,  and you didn't just stock it in your wallet. atleast it is moving..  Smiley

The thing is it is not only the volatility but when they accept it as a payment method it needs to be used, unfortunately many hoard their coins and don't support btc by making purchases so more than anything it needs people who actually want to spend their btc.
Gambling can be a good thing for a bigger market of people buying in but then the coins end up in the hands of a few anyway.
I try to spend as much as I can yes but like many others I don't spend much as there is not much choice and I won't buy just for the sake of it.

The transaction cost has risen quite a lot recently due to the block size limit. It takes long time to confirm, therefore some people do not use it.
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:30:00 PM

I used to spend it before when there were only few things to buy using it, been saving them and keeping them from few months as a good investment opportunity.

If you do not have use for that, just save it. If you can spend it, then spend some of the coins.

I couldn't agree more with you. Don't spend your bitcoin gratuitously . For better just save bitcoin and wait the price gain up . It's not difficult to only wait wait and wait. And then You can spend your bitcoin freely

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 10:12:45 PM

You have got an experience by using bitcoin for some purchase. In my region no one is providing delivery for things being bought with bitcoin, So hopefully waiting for the right time to have a worthy purchase with my bitcoin
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 12:01:07 AM

if like that same here. always use bitcoin for gambling and trading, but rarely to buy something with bitcoin, I do not know the reason, I prefer to use fiat money
sakira

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 04:40:18 AM

if like that same here. always use bitcoin for gambling and trading, but rarely to buy something with bitcoin, I do not know the reason, I prefer to use fiat money
I know the reason for it, because there are not many online stores that accept bitcoin in your country. just like me hard to buy anything with bitcoin.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 08:40:25 AM

weekend is the excited day for spend my bitcoin because so much matches in europa continent and i always do sport betting in every weekend although the result disappointed sometimes but i had enjoy it
arbitrage

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 11:14:13 AM

Gambling a little bit , and investing in alts if that can be called investment at this time.
One portion of coins lm keeping , and awaiting good pump!
Watercooler

Activity: 334

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 11:37:00 AM

I only  use a little amount to do some trading to increase my volume. The majority I have in my private wallet

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

▓▓▓ BITMIXER.IO ▓▓▓▓▓▓ High Volume Bitcoin MIXER ▓▓▓
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 11:46:22 AM

I only  use a little amount to do some trading to increase my volume. The majority I have in my private wallet

Thats great. I use to go with online stores to purchase some accessories once in a while. But rare Mostly I use to hold the bitcoin in my wallet for my long term saving. Better you also could have do that. Smiley
Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 11:55:52 AM

Thats great. I use to go with online stores to purchase some accessories once in a while. But rare Mostly I use to hold the bitcoin in my wallet for my long term saving. Better you also could have do that. Smiley
I really wish that I could save my Bitcoin like you guys. I can never resist gambling away my Bitcoin.
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 11:57:17 AM

Holding bitcoin is good for future as it can be proved to be an good investment, but only holding will not serve the purpose, you need to spend it actively, there should be the process of buying and selling, I use bitcoins for recharging my cell phone, or converting it to fiat currency.
shogdite

Activity: 798

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 07:48:25 PM

I only  use a little amount to do some trading to increase my volume. The majority I have in my private wallet

I really wish that I could save my Bitcoin like you guys. I can never resist gambling away my Bitcoin.
You can save your btc like alot of people do but you choose not to. It sounds like feeding an addiction is more important than the good feeling of being able to save or spend on something that you or family need. Try it next time you are to want to gamble, buy something or make a decent investment instead.

I made some good alt investments the last week so i kind spent but have it returned with profit.I am looking forward to being able to spend more in stores, at the moment there is not much for me to spend on what i like.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 09:09:12 PM

Not yet honestly, just waiting for more usage.
Right now there are just to less shops where to spend it.
It would like it if more shops would accept bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 188 »
  Print  

Jump to: