Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:45:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED]  (Read 316331 times)
Carnth

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:39:30 AM

Users sent back two shares to the issuer account "labcoin2", one was from me after the first outstanding share disappeared. Sorry for the confussion.

And the second one (actually the first) was mine. I wanted to dump my last share directly to them. I lost some 0.0006BTC by doing it Smiley. Sorry, it was dumb idea.

haha so your saying I can transfer my 2 labcoin shares to labcoin2 and they will be subtracted from he shares issued?

That's the way it works. Any share sent back to the "issuer's account" is no longer counted as "outstanding."
lg15x

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 03:41:07 AM

Dear Investors and Security Issuers,

As some of you may be aware a collective of security issuers and interested parties have banded together to attempt to purchase Burnside's code so that we can continue to operate the exchange, although perhaps under a different name and likely with some restrictions. If you are a security issuer please join the conversation on the recovery board (in the litecoin forum).

I am urging all security issuers not to make rushed decisions to move to a new exchange right now! Unfortunately some of you have gone to CryptoStocks.com already, which from what I can see is technically inferior and has near-zero liquidity (there are also some oddities like why VirCurEx has not paid dividends there for ages).

At CipherMine we are developing a simple tool to allow an issuer to import the .csv from a shareholder report and use that to distribute a dividend payment manually (ie. you just enter the amount and it sends that much to the shareholders). We intend to give this away to all of you for free.

BTC Trading Co does not shut down entirely for a month yet. You will be able to use the mechanisms there to distribute dividends in the mean time, and then you will still be able to with our tool or something similar.

It is the hope of our collective that we can have something operational within the next couple of months, so hopefully there would only be a short period of time where your securities were illiquid (barring manual trades of course).

To Shareholders, I cannot speak for all but most of us issuers intend to do the Right Thing and are making efforts, including committing significant personal resources, to try to look after you all.

In the mean time, please everyone hang in there and don't make panicked decisions! We will keep you posted as to developments.

Kate.

Burnside, can you comment on these developments?

I'm pretty sure that we can sell assets as long as they are used in a legal manner and we do not sell them as an ongoing concern.  This is why no sale can complete prior to shutdown, and the domains, database content, and my involvement cannot be included.

My thoughts are that we should have a silent auction for the site code, with a proportional portion of the purchase price able to be paid in LTC-GLOBAL revenue shares.  For example, if you own 10% of the shares, you would get a 10% discount.  I likely would apply a multiplier though, such that if you owned 10% of the shares, you'd get a discount equal to 3x that percentage, or something similar, thus diluting my own shares to the benefit of the other revenue shareholders.

I am aware that some of the existing LTC-GLOBAL revenue shareholders would prefer first right of refusal, but I do not believe that such an arrangement would be fair for other revenue shareholders that are not part of the deal because an alternate offer could come in for 2x more, and revenue shareholders that cannot be involved in the deal going forward (US residents) would not receive a fair value.  It is my opinion that giving a discount/credit toward the purchase price is the best compromise available.

Given the limitations at hand, I am open to alternate suggestions.

Cheers.

Burnside, I don't think it's a good idea to give discount for shareholders because lots of them may not involved in purchasing the code. But I think you can distribute the sold money to all shareholders proportionally. This is more fair and reasonable.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:52:40 PM

Burnside, I don't think it's a good idea to give discount for shareholders because lots of them may not involved in purchasing the code. But I think you can distribute the sold money to all shareholders proportionally. This is more fair and reasonable.

It should work out the same either way, one way the buyer pays a larger amount but gets some of it back, the other way the buyer pays less but does not get any of the distribution, which goes to the other shareholders.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 05:47:33 PM

It should work out the same either way, one way the buyer pays a larger amount but gets some of it back, the other way the buyer pays less but does not get any of the distribution, which goes to the other shareholders.

Yup, with the primary difference being the dilution of my own shares.  In effect, I would grant a current shareholder some portion of my shares prior to final distribution if they in fact win the bid.

supert

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 10:06:01 PM

How is the backlog of manual asicminer transfers going?
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:35:37 AM

I got "Access temporarily denied." when I try to login. Why?
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 02:04:00 AM

How is the backlog of manual asicminer transfers going?

I've got all the requests made on the 23rd processed.

Everything since then is going to have to wait until after this weeks divs I think.  (No worries, I will manually process the divs like I did last week.)

In the meantime, please don't initiate any more transfers unless absolutely necessary.  We're going to be doing them as a batch on the 10th anyway.

Cheers.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 02:04:33 AM

I got "Access temporarily denied." when I try to login. Why?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=125629.msg2848199;topicseen#msg2848199
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 08:07:13 AM

Hi Burnside, thx for winding things down in a controlled manner.

Query: would you advise recommend suggest that ukyo list or not list LabCoin?

cheers,

-iB

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Xqisit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 08:13:11 AM

Have I missed something on how to transfer my asicminer PT shares? I received emails about tat.asicminer and activemining, but didn't receive any details on how to transfer my asciminer PT shares.
stefffe

Activity: 131

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 08:22:58 AM

Have I missed something on how to transfer my asicminer PT shares? I received emails about tat.asicminer and activemining, but didn't receive any details on how to transfer my asciminer PT shares.

Same here, I am waiting on details about what to do with my AM pt shares... I guess one could sell shares and buy same amount on another site but there is always a loss from fees etc

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 08:23:35 AM

There's nothing to transfer.  They'll revert to direct shares around Oct 10.

Please make sure you plug in your btc address here:  https://btct.co/account?tab=tab2

Cheers.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 08:24:41 AM

Same here, I am waiting on details about what to do with my AM pt shares... I guess one could sell shares and buy same amount on another site but there is always a loss from fees etc

Guessing you haven't checked the ASICMINER-PT thread?  Wink

I'll post a notice on the asset tonight, that should help.  Smiley

Cheers.
Xqisit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 08:43:33 AM

Aha, OK. Thanks  Smiley
stefffe

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 08:56:46 AM

Cheers.

I am checking the am thread everyday, but I dont know if there is any help or a guide about what do to next with our shares? :O

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 09:07:38 AM

Cheers.

I am checking the am thread everyday, but I dont know if there is any help or a guide about what do to next with our shares? :O

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=148350.msg3269476#msg3269476
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 09:08:16 AM

Guessing you haven't checked the ASICMINER-PT thread?  Wink

I'll post a notice on the asset tonight, that should help.  Smiley

Cheers.

I think the thread you want to watch is this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=148350.0

Also, I have posted a news item here: https://btct.co/security/ASICMINER-PT

Hope that helps.
stefffe

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 09:21:44 AM

Guessing you haven't checked the ASICMINER-PT thread?  Wink

I'll post a notice on the asset tonight, that should help.  Smiley

Cheers.

I think the thread you want to watch is this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=148350.0

Also, I have posted a news item here: https://btct.co/security/ASICMINER-PT

Hope that helps.

Yeah I was watching the other, main thread about Asicminer! Thanks Smiley

twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:06:01 PM

Burnside, sorry if this has been asked, but what is the exact time of the trading halt? I believe you're on Pacific Time, so will it be October 7th, 12:01AM Pacific Time?
imagereply

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:22:36 AM

http://www.desenhoswiki.com/Uploads/desenhoswiki.com/ImagensGrandes/lobo-soprar-casa-palha.gif
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: