Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:22:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED]  (Read 316310 times)
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2013, 09:53:42 AM

Couple of handy updates tonight:

- In the header now you can see how much coin you have available to spend without canceling any orders.  It's in parenthesis right next to your balance.
- Near the bottom of the bid form on the trade page you can see how much you have reserved on other assets, and how much you can spend without canceling any orders.
- The Portfolio -> My Analysis tab has been updated to make it easier to see total paid vs market value and has been renamed to "My Value Analysis".

Cheers.
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 04:00:10 PM

Something I'd like to see is the ability to amend a contract, meaning a place to put contract updates under the "stockholder agreement" section on https://btct.co/security/COGNITIVE#tab5
This would allow for everyone to see the most recent way a given company operates in one place, aside from this forum or the said company's web site.

Thanks for continually improving the exchange burnside Smiley

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Carnth

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 05:52:51 PM

Something I'd like to see is the ability to amend a contract, meaning a place to put contract updates under the "stockholder agreement" section on https://btct.co/security/COGNITIVE#tab5
This would allow for everyone to see the most recent way a given company operates in one place, aside from this forum or the said company's web site.

I think contracts can be changed after a motion passes to do so.

So, you put a motion... something like:
Motion to change asset contract as follows:
*New contract here*

And if voted in, Burnside can change it.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2013, 07:33:25 PM

I think contracts can be changed after a motion passes to do so.

So, you put a motion... something like:
Motion to change asset contract as follows:
*New contract here*

And if voted in, Burnside can change it.

Yeah, the official process for changing a contract is to make a motion, let it run at least a week, and get at least 50% of the publicly held shares to approve.  Then let us know and we'll update it.

No problem, I really enjoy working on it.

I have been thinking about setting up a limited size "asset issuers thought of the day" sort of field where you could plug in whatever you want on a regular basis.  It would display at the top of the asset page and would be useful for a lot of different situations, from the initial voting process (where it's frustrating that you cannot address no voters directly) to the long running assets that would just like to post something about their asset in a sticky fashion.  I've been experimenting with the ckeditor for this, and mostly just need to figure out what subset of html to allow, etc.

Cheers.
Milkshake

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Milkshake

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 10:13:59 PM

Feature request: Dividend payout APR

TradeFortress has left me negative trust and has provided no proof to substantiate his claim. He has done this to discredit me as I am investigating him.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 11:28:02 AM

Hey burnside, was dividend reinvestment removed? I can't seem to find it around the new layout..  Huh
strello

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 11:49:13 AM

It's on the "My Dividends" tab under Portfolio.

It is futile to speak of liberty as long as economic slavery exists.

My GPG key
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 12:00:32 PM

Ah ok, for fresh accounts without any dividends it should be shown too instead of a blank tab..
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 03:02:18 PM

Ah ok, for fresh accounts without any dividends it should be shown too instead of a blank tab..

Good call.  I'll see what I can do.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 06:52:15 AM

For those of you that use it, I am now WoT registered: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=burnside

Do your worst.  Wink

burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 07:15:22 AM

Announcements Du Jour:

Motions, Notifications, Issuer Details, Contracts, and Business Plans can all be edited now using the built-in wysiwyg html editor.  It uses a very restrictive set of HTML tags, and while you can edit the source and insert your own tags, most everything that you don't see as a button on there will be stripped out at submission time so don't get too crazy.  I will also be updating many of the contracts over the next week or so to fix them where they clearly had line break issues, etc, that were a result of the previous form entry system.

The Asset Creation Fee will go up to 10 BTC starting April 1.

Going forward, assets coming to us from any other exchanges will be refunded the full asset creation fee price.

Assets for businesses that have a documented minimum of 6 months of profitability will also qualify for a refund on the asset creation fee.

I am working on an additional discount program for issuers that verify their ID's via third party services.  For example, if you are fully verified on BTCJAM, we would likely be willing to offer you a 5 BTC discount on asset creations.  We will not be doing verification ourselves.  If you know of any great third-party verification services, please let us know so we can work on incorporating them.

We will soon have a "Black Market" tab on the Market page.  Assets that have NO votes that are 3x or more of their YES votes will go to that tab.  (eg, if there are 3 YES votes and 12 NO votes, then you go to the Black Market)

Hopefully most of these changes are self explanatory.  We want good quality assets with proven track records.

Wrapping things up, the best news of the day may be this: https://btcjam.com/listings/2053 ... Check out the collateral as BTC-TC assets functionality!  Very cool use of the BTC-TC OAuth API.  Wink  Kudos to the BTCJAM team!

Cheers.
wisard

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 07:30:31 AM

I am working on an additional discount program for issuers that verify their ID's via third party services.  For example, if you are fully verified on BTCJAM, we would likely be willing to offer you a 5 BTC discount on asset creations.  We will not be doing verification ourselves.  If you know of any great third-party verification services, please let us know so we can work on incorporating them.

You could ask someone like user "tldoctor" to give a background report + credit report for $25 to $40. He is a professional debt collector. and his services seem pretty good:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=138866.0

Buy me a beer or 2 if you enjoy my posts. BTC address: 1976Nb5u1T2haoxSZnJgHaemHYYtgKmTsU
usagi
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 07:33:12 AM

We will soon have a "Black Market" tab on the Market page.  Assets that have NO votes that are 3x or more of their YES votes will go to that tab.  (eg, if there are 3 YES votes and 12 NO votes, then you go to the Black Market)

Hopefully most of these changes are self explanatory.  We want good quality assets with proven track records.

Great. Hopefully BMF and SILVER and some of my other listings can finally trade, and I'll be able to wrap up NYAN et. al for good Smiley
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 07:55:43 AM

We will soon have a "Black Market" tab on the Market page.  Assets that have NO votes that are 3x or more of their YES votes will go to that tab.  (eg, if there are 3 YES votes and 12 NO votes, then you go to the Black Market)

Hopefully most of these changes are self explanatory.  We want good quality assets with proven track records.

Great. Hopefully BMF and SILVER and some of my other listings can finally trade, and I'll be able to wrap up NYAN et. al for good Smiley

Clarifying a bit.  Assets still have to get listed and pass moderation first.  This is for abandoned or poorly operated assets that are working their way toward being de-listed.

Cheers.

burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 08:06:29 AM

You could ask someone like user "tldoctor" to give a background report + credit report for $25 to $40. He is a professional debt collector. and his services seem pretty good:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=138866.0

Not a bad idea.  If we could get him to expand his services to include document retention and identity verification, that'd be great to have a reliable person in the community to do it.

This is something I've looked at in the past: http://www.miicard.com/how-it-works/managing-your-miicard

poly

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Weighted companion cube

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 10:58:29 AM

Announcements Du Jour:

Motions, Notifications, Issuer Details, Contracts, and Business Plans can all be edited now using the built-in wysiwyg html editor.  It uses a very restrictive set of HTML tags, and while you can edit the source and insert your own tags, most everything that you don't see as a button on there will be stripped out at submission time so don't get too crazy.  I will also be updating many of the contracts over the next week or so to fix them where they clearly had line break issues, etc, that were a result of the previous form entry system.

The Asset Creation Fee will go up to 10 BTC starting April 1.

Going forward, assets coming to us from any other exchanges will be refunded the full asset creation fee price.

Assets for businesses that have a documented minimum of 6 months of profitability will also qualify for a refund on the asset creation fee.

We will soon have a "Black Market" tab on the Market page.  Assets that have NO votes that are 3x or more of their YES votes will go to that tab.  (eg, if there are 3 YES votes and 12 NO votes, then you go to the Black Market)

Hopefully most of these changes are self explanatory.  We want good quality assets with proven track records.

Wrapping things up, the best news of the day may be this: https://btcjam.com/listings/2053 ... Check out the collateral as BTC-TC assets functionality!  Very cool use of the BTC-TC OAuth API.  Wink  Kudos to the BTCJAM team!

Cheers.

I like the way how you're trying to improve the quality of new assets on btct.co, but I'm not so sure about the black market tab. I feel it's just going to lead to a lot of faulty assets, untrustworthy issuers or ponzi schemes being traded on the black market. If the moderators has voted no for it, it shouldn't be trading.

What about an asset with 3 YES votes and 8 NO votes? It'll be stuck there forever until four more people vote no?

poly | My Tip Jar
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 12:26:50 PM

I like the way how you're trying to improve the quality of new assets on btct.co, but I'm not so sure about the black market tab. I feel it's just going to lead to a lot of faulty assets, untrustworthy issuers or ponzi schemes being traded on the black market. If the moderators has voted no for it, it shouldn't be trading.

It won't be trading unless five moderators have already voted yes though, so I don't understand your reservations.

What about an asset with 3 YES votes and 8 NO votes? It'll be stuck there forever until four more people vote no?

A newly listed asset with 3 yes and 8 no votes would not be traded as it takes 5 yes votes to be listed. If this theoretical company then received 2 more yes votes(5y8n) then it would appear on the main market screen. If the asset then received 7 more no votes it would then be moved to the black market. At least that's my understanding...I'm certain someone smarter 'n me will correct me if I'm insufficiently caffeinated.

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 12:31:18 PM

This is a brilliant addition to both BTCJam and BTCT.CO!

One question though...what happens to dividends paid to shares whilst they're being utilized as loan collateral?

burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 09:33:24 PM

It won't be trading unless five moderators have already voted yes though, so I don't understand your reservations.

A newly listed asset with 3 yes and 8 no votes would not be traded as it takes 5 yes votes to be listed. If this theoretical company then received 2 more yes votes(5y8n) then it would appear on the main market screen. If the asset then received 7 more no votes it would then be moved to the black market. At least that's my understanding...I'm certain someone smarter 'n me will correct me if I'm insufficiently caffeinated.

You're correct.  This is NOT to make it easier to get listed.  There are no changes in listing difficulty.  This is for assets that were approved, operated for a while, have people that are holding shares, but then go downhill.  I do not want to de-list them without giving people a chance to trade their debt or other obligations in a pink/black/pennystock type market.  So they'll sit there for a few months until we can decide what to do with them.  I'm also hopeful that for some of the assets, it would be a wake-up call for the issuer to get their act together, but that may just be wishful thinking.

Cheers.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 09:37:33 PM

Why don't you offer the ability to change your deposit address as most bitcoin exchanges offer  Huh

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: