Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:24:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED]  (Read 316331 times)
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2013, 08:40:40 AM

Great improvements in the last weeks. You should post them here too and not only on Litcointalk.

What happened to the deposit status (0/3 confirmations...)?
Bids/Asks like 0.1000001 should be changed to 0.100001 and not to 0.1.

I'll check on the confirmations dialog.  Last I used it it was good, but I may have recently broken it.

The rounding is what is causing the odd behavior you're seeing.

On a bid of 0.1000001 I have to round down.  (I can't round up, or you'd be paying more than you agreed to.)

On an ask of 0.1000001 I have to round up.  (I can't round down, or you'd be selling for less than you agreed to.)

So you should see a bid get rounded to 0.1, and an ask get rounded to 0.100001.  I just confirmed this behavior by posting a BID of 0.1000001 on BTC-TRADING-PT (came out to 0.1) and by posting an ASK of 0.1000001 on S.DICE-PT. (came out to 0.100001)

It's crazy, the complexity of this stuff when you think about it.  Wink

Cheers.
MAC

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 12:51:43 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2013, 01:46:52 PM by MAC

I recently secured a loan through BTCjam. After paying the loan off and trying to log back in to verify my funds have been transferred back into BTC-TC I keep getting an incorrect password error message. I have done the password reset feature multiple times but that too doesn't work. I then tried to write a support email but you first have to login to utilize that feature.

Please advice how I can get this password reset/corrected.

Thanks,
Mac
freeAgent

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 02:01:21 PM

I recently secured a loan through BTCjam. After paying the loan off and trying to log back in to verify my funds have been transferred back into BTC-TC I keep getting an incorrect password error message. I have done the password reset feature multiple times but that too doesn't work. I then tried to write a support email but you first have to login to utilize that feature.

Thanks,
Mac

I am having the same problem.  I seem to be completely locked out of my account even though I know I have the right credentials.  I did a password reset, which went to my correct email address, and I changed my password yet I still cannot log in.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 03:27:37 PM

Thanks,
Mac

I am having the same problem.  I seem to be completely locked out of my account even though I know I have the right credentials.  I did a password reset, which went to my correct email address, and I changed my password yet I still cannot log in.

Garbage cookies or cache? 

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 06:13:17 PM

Thanks,
Mac

I am having the same problem.  I seem to be completely locked out of my account even though I know I have the right credentials.  I did a password reset, which went to my correct email address, and I changed my password yet I still cannot log in.

I think I may know what happened.  Can you guys PM me your login names?  There was a change made in dev a few weeks ago that made the logins case sensitive. (as they were intended to be from the beginning, but the sql query was executing case insensitive)  I inadvertently rolled out that change with another update I made last night to improve some of the backend logging granularity.  I was planning to announce the change before it went live.   Embarrassed 

If you can PM me your login name I can look it up, figure out what the case is on it, and relay it back, -or-, we can change it to whatever else you might like.

Cheers.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 06:54:22 PM

Hi all.

I went through the logs, made a list of everyone that has had issues, grabbed their email addresses, and sent the following to everyone who has had login issues:

Hi all,

I'm emailing you because I see in the logs that you had a hard time logging in in the last day or two.

A change went out yesterday that was a bit premature.  I was planning on announcing and warning everyone in advance that the logins were going to become case sensitive.  They should have been from the beginning.  I had what I thought was a case-sensitive db query that turned out to be case-insensitive and I repaired it in dev, then inadvertently rolled it out last night with another change in the login system that only was supposed to affect logging.

If you do not remember the case of your original account creation, please reply to this email with your login name and I'll reply back with the correct case.

Really sorry about the trouble.

Cheers

freeAgent

Activity: 240

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 06:55:27 PM

Yup, it was case sensitivity.  I'm in now.  Thanks for the quick response!
GoldenWings91

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 03:35:57 AM

It would be great for us poorer folk if fractional drips where available. The sooner I get my coins working for the next dividend the better.

Support The Bitcoin Network By Running A Full Node
Node Stats     GPG Key-ID: 0x445DF2D8     Monetary Freedom Is A Basic Human Right
MAC

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 12:08:53 PM

Thanks for fixing the login so quickly.
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 01:06:09 PM

Really pretty please, can you please fix the charts now. That 52w stuff they have in those real exchanges, can wait a bit longer. Wink

I have an idea. Sign up with some online stock trading outfit, who has a good trading/reporting interface. You will get lot's of good ideas from there.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2013, 04:41:52 PM

Really pretty please, can you please fix the charts now. That 52w stuff they have in those real exchanges, can wait a bit longer. Wink

I have an idea. Sign up with some online stock trading outfit, who has a good trading/reporting interface. You will get lot's of good ideas from there.

Charts are definitely on my mental list of improvements.  I had really wanted to get a license to amstocks: http://www.amcharts.com/stock-chart/

Look familiar?  Wink  I don't want to look like I'm cloning stuff, but amcharts is what I've used on previous projects. 

Cheers.
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 07:55:10 PM

Those look good. Maybe you can work out some type of "promotion" deal with those guys?
There are plenty of open source and free chart engines around too.
Cheers

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 07:59:24 PM

Perhaps you could contact XCHRIX over at ltc-charts for assistance.

EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 08:32:45 PM

I started to enter trades to gnucash to experiment with.
What started to bother me was that I had to use Portfolio > Transactions and Wallet > Withdrawal pages to get this done.

So, here is another change request:

Portfolio > My Trades

Code:
Date                 Symbol    Action   Quantity    Price     Total
2013-03-06 14:57:48     ART       buy       1000   Ł 0.41   Ł 410.0
can this be upgraded to

Code:
Date                 | Symbol |  Action | Quantity |  Price | Commission |  Total 
2013-03-06 14:57:48  |   ART  |    buy  |    1000  |  0.41  |    0.8200  | 409.18

and btw, if you look at the Withdrawal History page, the date is at the wrong side of the table adn first cell has a split row so it's real PITA to copy/paste this to spread sheet. Yes I know, API has it in better format Smiley

Code:
Timestamp | Description | Transaction ID | Amount  | 

BTW, API has also one minor problem Smiley Action and Expense category are combined to one filed. 

Have you thought about using OFX format for exporting transactions? Kmymoney, GnuCash, Quicken etc can all eat this format with no problems.

superbit

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 10:56:32 PM

Just a heads up looks like Mpex was hacked as it's redirecting too.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/

Hope you are secure.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2013, 01:39:36 AM

For me, features are secondary.
The quality of companies / ventures listed is what counts.
And bitfunder seems to have a few more better ventures than btct at the moment.

I don't think both bitfunder and btct will be equally big. One of them will take a big lead. Because better companies attract better investors that attract better companies that attract better investors that attract.... A slight lead will build up a long way.

I hope I'm wrong, but I reckon the exchange that does its best in attracting awesome companies in the next 6 months will gain a big unassailable lead.

Seemed like a topic better fit to this thread.

I am absolutely not the person to be looking at this objectively.  I have a definite skew to my perspective.  Please keep that in mind as you read this, I'm sure it shows somewhat.  Wink

My take though is that we are targeting different "markets".

Our market is virtual crypto organizations that don't mind working with a Belize company and don't mind our terms of service that everything is virtual and we're all playing a great big edu-tainment game.  (notably, this is also the MPEx perspective AFAIK.)  As far as I'm concerned, bitcoin is the same thing as linden dollars, WoW gold, Everquest platinum, etc, all of which freely trade on eBay and craigslist.

Bitfunder I feel is marketing itself like it's a real exchange.  But they're in the USA, and what they're doing is very clearly illegal in that jurisdiction.  (it's black and white.)  Read up the definition of a security in the US.  Profit sharing agreements are securities.  It's illegal to run the exchange in the USA without registering it.  It's illegal to invest in the securities in the USA without registering them.  It's illegal to market the securities to an investor in the USA from outside the USA without following strict rules.  Consult a lawyer.  It's scary what happens if you get this wrong.  Hopefully the recent big announcements that were hinted at involve moving it offshore or something.

In terms of the actual companies on the exchanges.  I'm not going to critique on a ticker by ticker basis.  We both have our jewels and our turds I suspect.  Hopefully on btct.co with the community involvement it's a little easier to determine which is which.  Wink

Cheers.
superbit

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 01:41:57 AM

For me, features are secondary.
The quality of companies / ventures listed is what counts.
And bitfunder seems to have a few more better ventures than btct at the moment.

I don't think both bitfunder and btct will be equally big. One of them will take a big lead. Because better companies attract better investors that attract better companies that attract better investors that attract.... A slight lead will build up a long way.

I hope I'm wrong, but I reckon the exchange that does its best in attracting awesome companies in the next 6 months will gain a big unassailable lead.

Seemed like a topic better fit to this thread.

I am absolutely not the person to be looking at this objectively.  I have a definite skew to my perspective.  Please keep that in mind as you read this, I'm sure it shows somewhat.  Wink

My take though is that we are targeting different "markets".

Our market is virtual crypto organizations that don't mind working with a Belize company and don't mind our terms of service that everything is virtual and we're all playing a great big edu-tainment game.  (notably, this is also the MPEx perspective AFAIK.)  As far as I'm concerned, bitcoin is the same thing as linden dollars, WoW gold, Everquest platinum, etc, all of which freely trade on eBay and craigslist.

Bitfunder I feel is marketing itself like it's a real exchange.  But they're in the USA, and what they're doing is very clearly illegal in that jurisdiction.  (it's black and white.)  Read up the definition of a security in the US.  Profit sharing agreements are securities.  It's illegal to run the exchange in the USA without registering it.  It's illegal to invest in the securities in the USA without registering them.  It's illegal to market the securities to an investor in the USA from outside the USA without following strict rules.  Consult a lawyer.  It's scary what happens if you get this wrong.  Hopefully the recent big announcements that were hinted at involve moving it offshore or something.

In terms of the actual companies on the exchanges.  I'm not going to critique on a ticker by ticker basis.  We both have our jewels and our turds I suspect.  Hopefully on btct.co with the community involvement it's a little easier to determine which is which.  Wink

Cheers.

Just to add to this I've had my lawyer look into these exchanges and how they are being done with bitcoin.  His opinion is that bitfunder is playing a dangerous game.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
btcash

Activity: 968
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 01:47:50 AM

Perhaps you could contact XCHRIX over at ltc-charts for assistance.
+1 I love his charts.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2013, 02:04:12 AM

Hope you are secure.

This is a good opportunity for a little education I suspect.

If our DNS is compromised, which is entirely possible, we do not operate it:  (The registrar does.)

- A potential hacker could put up a clone of our login page and collect your logins and passwords.
    - Then the hacker could set his own /etc/hosts file and log into the real site with those logins and passwords.
    - Then the hacker trades all your stuff off for pennies on the dollar and withdraws all the coins and walks away.

The only protection from this is to use 2-Factor authentication.  If you don't already have a Yubikey or a mobile phone with Google Authenticator, NOW is the time to set it up.  Do not put it off.  Do it now.
superbit

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 03:01:24 AM

Hope you are secure.

This is a good opportunity for a little education I suspect.

If our DNS is compromised, which is entirely possible, we do not operate it:  (The registrar does.)

- A potential hacker could put up a clone of our login page and collect your logins and passwords.
    - Then the hacker could set his own /etc/hosts file and log into the real site with those logins and passwords.
    - Then the hacker trades all your stuff off for pennies on the dollar and withdraws all the coins and walks away.

The only protection from this is to use 2-Factor authentication.  If you don't already have a Yubikey or a mobile phone with Google Authenticator, NOW is the time to set it up.  Do not put it off.  Do it now.

OK I have gone ahead and setup Google Authenticator on my google account, and on your site.  I know that I could print off some one time use codes for my google account in case I ever lose my phone, don't have it on me etc...

Will these same codes work on your site?  What do I do if my phone gets stolen?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: