Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:16:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED]  (Read 316307 times)
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 05:18:47 AM

I've been reading about the issue and I'm convinced that we should wait until the two forks of the blockchain have merged before we re-enable trading.  I'm pretty sick today, (damn cold) so it's going to be hard, but I'll try to stay up until I can safely flip it back on.  If I pass out I'll re-enable trading first thing in the morning.  (PST)

Cheers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 05:58:22 AM

I've been reading about the issue and I'm convinced that we should wait until the two forks of the blockchain have merged before we re-enable trading.  I'm pretty sick today, (damn cold) so it's going to be hard, but I'll try to stay up until I can safely flip it back on.  If I pass out I'll re-enable trading first thing in the morning.  (PST)

Cheers.

Trading shouldn't be an issue.  Only possible problem would be with any deposits made to the site that were processed since the split (as potentially, if on the wrong side of chain) they could be double-spent on the right side.  Unless you received deposits in that hour or two everything should be fine (withdrawals are fine - unless YOU double-spend them).

Withdrawals/Deposits need to be disabled for now - but no reason for trading to be (if anyone DID receive a deposit then you could remove it from their account temporarily).
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 06:07:58 AM

Yeah, like BitFunder trading doesn't need to be frozen.
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 06:38:34 AM

Well, in fairness situation could be different.  From BitFunder's message I'd assume they received no deposits during the split - so have absolutely zero risk.  if BTC.CO received a fair bunch of deposits then I guess halting all activity could be easier than manually disabling/rescinding deposits for all the recipients.  Even messier if some of them already spent (or transferred) BTC that are now in the wrong fork and hence could be double-spent.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 06:57:29 AM

Well, in fairness situation could be different.  From BitFunder's message I'd assume they received no deposits during the split - so have absolutely zero risk.  if BTC.CO received a fair bunch of deposits then I guess halting all activity could be easier than manually disabling/rescinding deposits for all the recipients.  Even messier if some of them already spent (or transferred) BTC that are now in the wrong fork and hence could be double-spent.

Deposits were definitely made in the timeframe.  I'd also processed some withdrawals early in the timeframe unfortunately.  My concern is that the site uses bitcoind as the authority on wallet balance.  If someone made a double-spend deposit, it could have been used to trade.  This would manifest itself as a negative wallet balance once the double-spend was fixed in the blockchain, and the site has to zero out negative balances from trade profits.

BitFunder is definitely in a different situation.  The wallet/authority is on a separate service.  For BitFunder itself, I'd guess that the authority for the balance is a db entry right alongside the share entries.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 07:14:10 AM

You could just change the amount of confirmations required to those before the fork?
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 07:59:08 AM

You could just change the amount of confirmations required to those before the fork?

That is a damn good idea.  I'll definitely do that next time.  Wink

Looking through the deposits, withdrawals, and account balances, I do not see anything out of order.

Trading is unlocked.

Cheers.
parseval

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 07:19:47 PM

I really like the value analysis page with its trade memory.  In the Portfolio, under My Value Analysis, is there a means of changing the 'Price paid' values listed for transfer-ins?  It looks like they are treated as if purchased for 0BTC (at least in my case).  This affects the "Approx Profit" value estimation.

Coinflow.co: Charts for BTC-TC, LTC-Global, Bitfunder, Havelock, and MPEx
tip address:  1EmZRimseBWhf5DuSisuhPTRtzejruHp3z
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 07:25:05 PM

I really like the value analysis page with its trade memory.  In the Portfolio, under My Value Analysis, is there a means of changing the 'Price paid' values listed for transfer-ins?  It looks like they are treated as if purchased for 0BTC (at least in my case).  This affects the "Approx Profit" value estimation.

I need to start defaulting the transfers to the 24hr averages or something.  A lot of people don't fill it in, thinking it's for fees.  But when you're transferring shares to someone and we ask the value, it's not for fees, it's for this analysis page.  Smiley

The only way to fix it in the analysis page is to transfer yourself all your shares at whatever value you want them to be valued at.  At some point I'll try to get in an edit ability, but that's a ways off right now.

Cheers.
parseval

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 09:03:50 PM

I need to start defaulting the transfers to the 24hr averages or something.  A lot of people don't fill it in, thinking it's for fees.  But when you're transferring shares to someone and we ask the value, it's not for fees, it's for this analysis page.  Smiley

The only way to fix it in the analysis page is to transfer yourself all your shares at whatever value you want them to be valued at.  At some point I'll try to get in an edit ability, but that's a ways off right now.

Cheers.

Excellent, this worked perfectly for me.

poly

Activity: 84

Weighted companion cube

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 06:24:57 AM

Cheers.

.. why is that even a separate input?

Share of the same asset are equivalent to each other, doesn't matter if it was traded on the orderbook or if it was transferred.

poly | My Tip Jar
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 06:44:37 AM

Cheers.

Share of the same asset are equivalent to each other, doesn't matter if it was traded on the orderbook or if it was transferred.

You still need to know the price paid per share for P/L statements.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 07:13:13 AM

Cheers.

The value input on internal transfer is there so that you can plug in the value you're executing the actual trade at if it's a private trade.  Thus the recipient of the shares then can track it accurately in the analysis later on.  I think the only real issue right now is that it needs to default to the 24h average rather than zero.  Easier said than done because of how the form is setup.  It's going to take some jquery magic.

And... it's done now... but it won't go out until the next big rollout.  Probably tomorrow or Friday for litecoinglobal.com and early next week for btct.co.  

Cheers.

creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 12:14:54 PM

Was that record volume on BTCT.CO the past 24hrs? You need a ticker to keep track. Smiley

parseval

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 09:02:12 PM

How frequently would you consider it to be 'polite' for us to hit the API?

I am looking at building a portfolio/trade evaluation app for myself using the API, but I don't want to poll too frequently.

burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 11:22:56 PM

Was that record volume on BTCT.CO the past 24hrs? You need a ticker to keep track. Smiley

I'm not sure... I think I've seen ~400 a couple times, but I haven't been keeping track.  It'd be fun to graph for sure.  Smiley
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 11:27:41 PM

I am looking at building a portfolio/trade evaluation app for myself using the API, but I don't want to poll too frequently.

The lowest possible frequency that fits your needs?   Grin

Most of the endpoints cache for a few minutes, so more frequent than once a minute probably won't do much for you.  Eventually we'll start posting to twitter or something for the trades, at which point the people that want real-time trade info can connect into that.

Cheers.
parseval

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2013, 01:17:27 AM

The lowest possible frequency that fits your needs?   Grin

Most of the endpoints cache for a few minutes, so more frequent than once a minute probably won't do much for you.  Eventually we'll start posting to twitter or something for the trades, at which point the people that want real-time trade info can connect into that.

Cheers.

Thanks!

burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2013, 09:18:25 AM

Options are in the air!

We rolled options out yesterday on LTC-GLOBAL: http://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,551.msg8544.html#msg8544

Next day we get it on BitFunder: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=130117.msg1633487#msg1633487

In another 24 hours we'll commit the LTC-GLOBAL code over to BTC-TC.  Wink

I don't think Ukyo's ever gonna let me catch up on my sleep.   Grin  Grin

Ukyo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 10:00:44 AM

Options are in the air!

We rolled options out yesterday on LTC-GLOBAL: http://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,551.msg8544.html#msg8544

Next day we get it on BitFunder: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=130117.msg1633487#msg1633487

In another 24 hours we'll commit the LTC-GLOBAL code over to BTC-TC.  Wink

I don't think Ukyo's ever gonna let me catch up on my sleep.   Grin  Grin

Heh. Hadn't see that till you wrote this post. I no longer have a need to use LTC-GLOBAL since I had to sell my shares at half price.
I have been working on options for over a month, and have had beta and alpha testers during and prior.
I am not sure if you are trying to insinuate that I posted options just because of you or not, but that was not the case.
I suppose if you are suggesting I saw your post, and managed to whip up a fully re-writable options system in a matter of hours, I am honored! Cheesy

Although, the never going to let you sleep comment would leave me to believe that you knew I was writing options (not toooo hard to guess at), and decided to try to push it out before me. Wink

And I hardly consider 13hrs "next day" though I suppose depending on your timezone that makes some .. difference. Tongue

When will you support option rewriting so people can make money reselling part or whole options?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: