Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:13:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED]  (Read 316307 times)
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 07:47:18 AM

Regarding the new design: I suggest making the background gradient attached. Doesn't really good in it's current implementation.

Thanks for the tip, i'll play with it a bit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 10:48:41 PM

Regarding the new design: I suggest making the background gradient attached. Doesn't really good in it's current implementation.

Thanks for the tip, i'll play with it a bit.

Ok, I rolled out a new css.  CTRL-SHIFT-R should force update it.  Looks great.  Thanks!
aahzmundus

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:58:27 PM

More questions about dividend reinvestment!

What triggers the dividend reinvestment purchase of a share?  Does it happen on a timer? does it happen when wallet balance changes? Does it happen only after dividends were paid?

Lets say I have more then enough accrued to buy a share from dividends, yet because I spent those coins elsewhere... there is not enough in my wallet to buy a share.  If I add the needed funds to my wallet to make up the difference, will it buy a share at 0 fee? Or because I spent those dividends already, am I not eligible to get a share with 0 fees.

If multiple dividend reinvestment purchases were to go out at once (this obviously depends on the trigger)  Who's purchase goes out first?  With the ASK end of some stocks very slim, there could be a HUGE difference in first and second ask... who goes first?

burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 01:32:00 AM

More questions about dividend reinvestment!

Bring it on!   Cheesy

What triggers the dividend reinvestment purchase of a share?  Does it happen on a timer? does it happen when wallet balance changes? Does it happen only after dividends were paid?

It's a script that runs at regular intervals.

Lets say I have more then enough accrued to buy a share from dividends, yet because I spent those coins elsewhere... there is not enough in my wallet to buy a share.  If I add the needed funds to my wallet to make up the difference, will it buy a share at 0 fee? Or because I spent those dividends already, am I not eligible to get a share with 0 fees.

I don't think the DRIP purchases are free.  If they are, there may be a bug somewhere.  Wink

If multiple dividend reinvestment purchases were to go out at once (this obviously depends on the trigger)  Who's purchase goes out first?  With the ASK end of some stocks very slim, there could be a HUGE difference in first and second ask... who goes first?

That's a great question.  Much like when users place orders at the same price in the order book, the DRIP script processes orders on the various securities in the order users signed up for DRIP on those securities.  If you turn DRIP off, then back on, it will reset your place in line.  If you only edit your purchase threshold, you'll keep your place in line.

Outside of the content of your question here, there is an important DRIP change I'll be making soon.  I got caught by surprise when the value of LTC grew exponentially overnight and depressed the value of many of the assets I was holding.  I completely forgot about my DRIP settings, some that have had orders placed since the site first opened.  The result was that as the LTC value of the assets tanked, I got surprised with a couple purchases.  Example:

- I had a DRIP setup to buy LTC-GLOBAL at 100 LTC.  I probably set it up back when LTC-GLOBAL was around 80 LTC.
- I've had a lot of divs come in since then, but for most of the last several months, LTC-GLOBAL has been trading around 300-400 LTC.
- Then just last week, out of the blue I get an email saying I'd bought a bunch of LTC-GLOBAL.  I immediately thought I'd been hacked.  Then I noticed in the email that it said it was a DRIP purchase.  So someone had just dropped in a large ASK at 100 LTC and I picked it all up.  Wink

So, to keep this from happening again, here is the change I think we need to make:

- Rather than sitting silently, waiting for an ASK below the max price, the system should place a BID at your max price.  This way other users can fill your BID if they want and you'll be able to see the order in the order book.

Can anyone think of any good reasons not to make this change?

Cheers.

aahzmundus

Activity: 644

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 01:41:53 AM

Oops i made a assumption about DRIP and fees, my bad...

Would you be willing to let me know the interval the script runs at?

I agree with your proposed change, at the time of you having enough dividends... if there are no asks at or below that, the system creating a bid at the price of your max bid seems reasonable, and would help add liquidity to the market.

burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 02:14:40 AM

Oops i made a assumption about DRIP and fees, my bad...

Would you be willing to let me know the interval the script runs at?

I agree with your proposed change, at the time of you having enough dividends... if there are no asks at or below that, the system creating a bid at the price of your max bid seems reasonable, and would help add liquidity to the market.

I think it's better if the interval is not public.  Though you could probably figure it out over time.  Wink

Thanks for your input on the DRIP change.  I don't really see any downsides, but two (or more) heads are usually better than my one.

Cheers.
demzie

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:13:35 AM

Anyone knows; How long does a manual withdraw take?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:06:38 AM

Anyone knows; How long does a manual withdraw take?
Pretty much how long until burnside comes online Smiley

My manual withdraws have always being timely. Obviously not as good as instant.
demzie

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:08:42 AM

Okay thanks!
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 09:10:42 AM

New feature... order expirations.

Hopefully this will help everyone manage risk a little better in fairly volatile markets.

Three things:
  - There are very small fees that get incrementally larger the shorter the order expiration.  This is to encourage longer term entries in the order book to keep decent liquidity.
  - Even if you set an expiration, you will not get charged the fee if the order is filled right away, and in fact if an order gets split (part filled, part put on the books) it will adjust the fee to only apply to the part that hits the books.
  - Try a CTRL-SHIFT-R if the calculator isn't quite working for you.  That should force your browser to grab the latest *.js file.

Cheers.
louong

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 09:31:24 PM

Embarrassed

Hi there,

Can someone from BTC-TC please help? I had my Google Authenticator codes on my iPhone (including BTC-TC's Google Authenticator Code) and did a backup with iTunes before I went into the Apple Store for a replacement iPhone (battery issue on it). So they took the original to wipe it and I ended up getting a replacement iPhone. I then restored the backup from iTunes, but it doesn't restore the Google Authenticator codes but only the app!

Yes I know in hindsight that was probably a silly thing to do. Anyway now I can't login to BTC-TC and access my assets because I can't get past the 2Factor, even after resetting the password.

Anyway, login is "louong", and if someone can PM or email me at the email on file, and AMA about the account to verify me to turn off the 2FA, then that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Bitcoin Tips Accepted: 17r5ebmU2JDqEuEfWkWzJ9TkShS1MqTJYH
Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 10:34:35 PM

Embarrassed

Hi there,

Can someone from BTC-TC please help? I had my Google Authenticator codes on my iPhone (including BTC-TC's Google Authenticator Code) and did a backup with iTunes before I went into the Apple Store for a replacement iPhone (battery issue on it). So they took the original to wipe it and I ended up getting a replacement iPhone. I then restored the backup from iTunes, but it doesn't restore the Google Authenticator codes but only the app!

Yes I know in hindsight that was probably a silly thing to do. Anyway now I can't login to BTC-TC and access my assets because I can't get past the 2Factor, even after resetting the password.

Anyway, login is "louong", and if someone can PM or email me at the email on file, and AMA about the account to verify me to turn off the 2FA, then that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you go to the website there's a button at the top right for Support.  Click there any fill in the form - just copy/paste what you typed above basically.  He may check those before he next looks at this thread.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:51:58 AM

Alternatively, you could make a bot that pulls orders at certain times, and save out on the fee.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 09:30:37 PM

Embarrassed

Hi there,

We got this one taken care of.  Wink

Cheers.
louong

Activity: 87

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:42:24 AM

We got this one taken care of.  Wink

Cheers.

Yes - thank you Burnside! (thumbs up)

Bitcoin Tips Accepted: 17r5ebmU2JDqEuEfWkWzJ9TkShS1MqTJYH
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 09:39:43 AM

Changed the DRIP functionality this evening.

Before it would check if you had earned enough dividends to match up with an ask order that was under your max price setting.  This caused issues when the price goes high for a while, then later crashes down because you can get surprised with a very large DRIP purchase that had been piling up over time when the ASKS fall below your max price.  This probably wasn't a huge deal, but I didn't much care for the lack of transparency on it.

Now it will check if you have earned enough dividends to match up with an ask order under your max price setting.  If there are none low enough, it will now place an order for the max quantity possible with the available dividends at your max price setting.  This improves transparency because you (a) will get an email when it places the order, and (b) will be able to see the orders in your order book.  It's also good because now people can see your bids and will be able to fill them if they wish.

Cheers.

TiuraZ

Activity: 101

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 04:21:14 PM

How many times can one put in wrong PIN before the account locks up...?
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 02:37:58 PM

It's supposed to be five.  Did you lock your account?
TiuraZ

Activity: 101

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:08:15 PM

Not yet Smiley But I'm quite sure I have tried to input wrong PIN more than five times altogether. I mean, I'm 99% sure what I have put as my PIN, but the site wont accept it. I once managed to do something that required PIN and it went through. Only possibility I can think of is that I typed it wrong in the first time and somehow managed to type it wrong in the same way once later. Only other explanation for this would be some kind of clitch on the site and I don't think that's possible, because then there would be others complaining too.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 04:53:47 PM

Not yet Smiley But I'm quite sure I have tried to input wrong PIN more than five times altogether. I mean, I'm 99% sure what I have put as my PIN, but the site wont accept it. I once managed to do something that required PIN and it went through. Only possibility I can think of is that I typed it wrong in the first time and somehow managed to type it wrong in the same way once later. Only other explanation for this would be some kind of clitch on the site and I don't think that's possible, because then there would be others complaining too.

It will also clear the counter when you successfully enter it.  I'll do some testing to make sure it's working as intended.  Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: