Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:41:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED]  (Read 316307 times)
inh

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:46:35 PM

I'm working with the oauth API right now, and it seems it doesn't support 'oob' for situations when you don't have a callback url available. If you could implement this, I'd be really grateful. All it needs to do is if there is no callback url, or the callback url is 'oob', just display a page with the token and verification information in it so the user can copy and paste it where they need it to go.

After doing more testing, it appears that with "oob" passed as the callback, the page uses itself as the callback URL with the verifier string in the URL as well. This would be fine except I think as soon as the page is loaded with the same token, it invalidates the old verifier, so I can't just copy the verifier from the URL and use it because it's already invalid Sad

If you could make it show a new page that just displays the verifier string when the callback URL is "oob" that would be most excellent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 06:16:30 PM

I'm working with the oauth API right now, and it seems it doesn't support 'oob' for situations when you don't have a callback url available. If you could implement this, I'd be really grateful. All it needs to do is if there is no callback url, or the callback url is 'oob', just display a page with the token and verification information in it so the user can copy and paste it where they need it to go.

After doing more testing, it appears that with "oob" passed as the callback, the page uses itself as the callback URL with the verifier string in the URL as well. This would be fine except I think as soon as the page is loaded with the same token, it invalidates the old verifier, so I can't just copy the verifier from the URL and use it because it's already invalid Sad

If you could make it show a new page that just displays the verifier string when the callback URL is "oob" that would be most excellent.

I'll definitely spend some time on this soon as I can.  I've been looking a bit at some other implementations to see what the "right way" to implement it is.  Wink
inh

Activity: 155

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:28:10 PM

I'll definitely spend some time on this soon as I can.  I've been looking a bit at some other implementations to see what the "right way" to implement it is.  Wink

Awesome, thank you very much, oauth is such a PITA!

I was basing my statements on how Twitter does it. I made an app at https://dev.twitter.com and it generates the consumer secret and key. Then of course the user (with my sample code) has to hit up the URL http://api.twitter.com/oauth/authorize?oauth_token=<token> and once the user OK's the app, it takes you to a page with just the verification string that is normally returned through the callback URL.

Just wanted to post that as a sample of the work flow for something that is probably doing it right.
Cozzie

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:46:08 PM

I just started using btc-tc. Has the website always been slow and unresponsive?
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:48:32 PM

I just started using btc-tc. Has the website always been slow and unresponsive?

Yeah, it's what happens when people gets 600BTC in divs and wanna buy buy buy!
Cozzie

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:19:58 PM

Gah, I want to reinvest my dividens too. Quick question since I cannot access their website. What are the fees that I pay when I use BTC-TC to buy ASICMiner shares.
BlackLilac Grant

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:12:39 PM

Hey Burnside hate to nag ya because I'm sure you're aware and working on the lag problem, but do you have any ETA on when things will be working? I need to request a manual withdrawal and haven't been able to access the wallet (btct.com/transfers) for over an hour.

Is it a DDOS attack or just overload from ASICMINER trading?

thanks
Aajo

Activity: 94

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:13:13 PM

Gah, I want to reinvest my dividens too. Quick question since I cannot access their website. What are the fees that I pay when I use BTC-TC to buy ASICMiner shares.
you can use the calculate button even without the server as it seems to be some kind of client side script
The fees are only minimal like 0.0044 per share right now. Actually this could be part of the reason why the site is so slow. I think BTC-TC needs to help other stock trading platforms to become more attractive by increasing those fees, for example.
BlackLilac Grant

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:18:23 PM

Terms for Burnside's 100% ASICMINER passthrough:

This asset is a pass-through for ASICMINER, the ASIC MINING company.

IPO Terms

For each ASICMINER-PT, one ASICMINER will be purchased from a private party with whom the issuer has a contracted call option for 1000 ASICMINER shares lasting until April 4, 2013.
The purchase from the contracted private party will be done via escrow.  If the purchase fails or any part of the IPO is unsuccessful all ASICMINER-PT shares purchased will be bought back by the issuer unless the issuer is able to secure another seller.
Post-IPO Terms

For each ASICMINER-PT, one ASICMINER will be held on file with Friedcat until such time as ASICMINER is listed on a public exchange.
Once ASICMINER is listed on a public exchange, one ASICMINER will be held on such exchange for each ASICMINER-PT.
As long as burnside owns 51% or more of BTC Trading Corp there will be no management fee.
If burnside's ownership of BTC Trading Corp drops below 51%, A management fee of 0.5% will be levied on each dividend payment.
Payment of dividends is to be made within 2 weeks of their issuance from ASICMINER.
Dividend payments made more than 72 hours after their issuance from ASICMINER will be paid 100% of the original ASICMINER dividend.
Each share has no voting rights.
More pass-through shares can be issued, provided there is sufficient backing.  For example, if there is sufficient demand, the issuer may attempt to contractually secure more call options for ASICMINER purchases.
Transfer

Transfers in and out of the passthru are supported.  Such transfers can take some time, due to the manual nature.

One transfer OUT OF ASICMINER-PT will be processed free once per month per account.  Subsequent transfers within the same month OUT OF ASICMINER-PT are subject to a fee of 0.25 BTC for transfers of 49 shares or less.

Transfers OUT OF ASICMINER-PT are always free for any transfer of 50 shares or more.

Transfers IN TO ASICMINER-PT from elsewhere are free for any size transfer.

Asset Termination

Should the issuer of ASICMINER terminate the asset, any funds received through this asset termination will be distributed in full without any fee taken.

During the IPO process should we become unable to secure ASICMINER shares to back ASICMINER-PT the asset will be terminated and all ASICMINER-PT shares will be bought back at the IPO price.

The issuer reserves the right to close down the asset with a 30 day warning.  Should this right be exercised, every reasonable attempt will be made to transfer the assets into the direct control of the ASICMINER-PT shareholders using the methods described in the Transfer section above. (but with no fee)  Any shareholders the issuer is unable to contact or unable to transfer the shares for within a 90 day window will receive a forced buyout at market prices at the end of 90 days following the closure.

Should the issuer of ASICMINER choose to list ASICMINER on the BTC-TC exchange this asset will be terminated and the ASICMINER-PT shares will be automatically redeemed on the exchange for ASICMINER shares.

Exclusion of Guarantees

This pass-through makes no further guarantee shall any issues arise with ASICMINER's issuer. Should ASICMINER issuers requires any fees/process to claim shares arising from any issue/event, fees will be paid in full in the name of the pass-through holders from future dividends.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:46:20 PM

The exchange is totally unresponsive atm. Sad

Aajo

Activity: 94

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:51:51 PM

BlackLilac your quote is wrong, he was asking for the trade fees which have nothing to do with the stock terms. Here is the right quote for reference:
What fees are there for using BTC Trading Corp?
We currently have the following fee structure:

Trades using 2FA (Buyer): 0.2% (Trade Value X 0.002)
    Trades using 2FA (Seller): 0.2% (Trade Value X 0.002)
    Trades not using 2FA (Buyer): 0.25% (Trade Value X 0.0025)
    Trades not using 2FA (Seller): 0.25% (Trade Value X 0.0025)
BlackLilac Grant

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:56:30 PM

BlackLilac your quote is wrong, he was asking for the trade fees which have nothing to do with the stock terms. Here is the right quote for reference:

Ah sorry, thought the terms had the fees. Thanks.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 10:00:04 PM

Hey Burnside hate to nag ya because I'm sure you're aware and working on the lag problem, but do you have any ETA on when things will be working? I need to request a manual withdrawal and haven't been able to access the wallet (btct.com/transfers) for over an hour.

thanks

Pretty sure it's DDoS... working on it...

CanadianGuy

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:07:05 AM

also having issues with deposits not showing up (even though they have well over 6 confirmations).  anyone else experiencing this?
BlackLilac Grant

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:11:56 AM

thanks

Pretty sure it's DDoS... working on it...

Working for me now. You're the man, burnside.   Smiley
lame.duck
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:13:27 AM

also having issues with deposits not showing up (even though they have well over 6 confirmations).  anyone else experiencing this?

+1
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:14:08 AM

+1

I think everyone should just give the site a break for a couple hours.
Cozzie

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:47:34 AM

Payment of dividends is to be made within 2 weeks of their issuance from ASICMINER.
Dividend payments made more than 72 hours after their issuance from ASICMINER will be paid 100% of the original ASICMINER dividend.

Exclusion of Guarantees

This pass-through makes no further guarantee shall any issues arise with ASICMINER's issuer. Should ASICMINER issuers requires any fees/process to claim shares arising from any issue/event, fees will be paid in full in the name of the pass-through holders from future dividends.
[/quote]

What is the percentage of dividend that is released by ASICMiner-PT? I am assuming based on the statement above it is not 100%?

Also, what does the statement under exclusion of guarantees mean?
Cozzie

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:04:21 AM

I was asking for all types of fees incurred by using the PT. I have to admit, I did not realize not using 2FA costs me more. That notice should have be more explicit.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 06:31:18 AM

Exclusion of Guarantees

What is the percentage of dividend that is released by ASICMiner-PT? I am assuming based on the statement above it is not 100%?

Also, what does the statement under exclusion of guarantees mean?

Probably not the appropriate thread.  I'll answer in the ASICMINER-PT thread.  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: