Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:08:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED]  (Read 316321 times)
littleblue

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:18:20 PM

thank you  very much.
PirateHatForTea

Activity: 181
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:48:37 AM

Yup, the API is still up for read-only queries if you have your API key.  I'm hoping to draft an email to everyone with their API key attached soon.  I need to get through the withdrawals on both sites first.

Cheers.

I'm afraid I don't have my API key. An email out letting me know it so I can pull my history would be great.

Unlevereged financial instruments acting as a store of value that fluctuate 50% within 10 minutes is perfectly acceptable. I think it should be offered in IRA form to soon to be retirees.
PirateHatForTea

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:10:52 AM

Actually it's going to be a nightmare. I'm quite concerned about it - to the extent that Irecently had a dream that centred entirely around finding  good accountant. I woke up really happy, cos I found one that uderstood Bitcoin.

I believe it is first-in first-out accounting, so my capital gain is the difference in price that I bought 'those' coins at. But it will depend on jurisdiction.

My accounting is going to be even more complicated by the btc I gained on Asicminer, lost on the Labcoin scam, and the money I spent on an Avalon that never yielded.

Unlevereged financial instruments acting as a store of value that fluctuate 50% within 10 minutes is perfectly acceptable. I think it should be offered in IRA form to soon to be retirees.
Juanglezal

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:38:32 PM

Hi!
I just came back from a long holiday and found that many things have been going on! I panicked when I started reading the two emergency notifications!
So as fast as I could (and several times leaded by my nerves) I wrote Burnside and send him my new withdrawal address. Is the process still going on? does anybody know how long is it taking?
Thank you so much Smiley
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:58:53 PM

Hi!
I just came back from a long holiday and found that many things have been going on! I panicked when I started reading the two emergency notifications!
So as fast as I could (and several times leaded by my nerves) I wrote Burnside and send him my new withdrawal address. Is the process still going on? does anybody know how long is it taking?
Thank you so much Smiley

You are about a month late. Not sure if anything can be done as I believe all remaining balances were already sent to whatever address was on record.
Juanglezal

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 11:25:12 PM

Hi Jimmothy, thanks for answering.
Puff... I know, believe me it´s been a shock to receive all this info when I arrived yesterday.
I just received the last  mail from Burnside asking for my data 7 days ago, that´s why I think maybe he is still working on it.
Who could be aware of the updated situation? I guess Burnside is still quite busy, but it would be great to know how is everything being fixed.
Thanks again,
Juanglezal
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 11:29:01 PM

Puff... I know, believe me it´s been a shock to receive all this info when I arrived yesterday.
I just received the last  mail from Burnside asking for my data 7 days ago, that´s why I think maybe he is still working on it.
Who could be aware of the updated situation? I guess Burnside is still quite busy, but it would be great to know how is everything being fixed.
Thanks again,
Juanglezal

Your only hope if any would be to contact burnside directly.
Juanglezal

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 11:45:34 PM

Thanks again,
Juanglezal

Just did it! I hope it works...
Thanks again.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 12:15:52 AM

Bitcoin is simply too fast to let it stay unmonitored for a couple weeks...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 05:12:29 AM

Thanks again,
Juanglezal

Just did it! I hope it works...
Thanks again.

Hey there.  Yup, I'm still working on manual withdrawals.  I've been sending notices out asking for a withdrawal address to anyone that still has a balance.  If you receive one of these notices, please reply ASAP.

I've also been running our withdrawal script periodically just to catch any accidental deposits to BTCT deposit addresses.  There haven't been many, but I've seen it catch a few. 

Since shutting the site down Oct 31, we've spent over 150 man hours to process over 4,000 withdrawals.  Smiley

Cheers.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:31:59 PM

Hey there.  Yup, I'm still working on manual withdrawals.  I've been sending notices out asking for a withdrawal address to anyone that still has a balance.  If you receive one of these notices, please reply ASAP.

I've also been running our withdrawal script periodically just to catch any accidental deposits to BTCT deposit addresses.  There haven't been many, but I've seen it catch a few. 

Since shutting the site down Oct 31, we've spent over 150 man hours to process over 4,000 withdrawals.  Smiley

Cheers.

It's probably only the 10,000% annual BTC value increase that keeps a lot of us above slave wages when the hours are factored in. Wink

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 10:16:19 AM

One judge, in one case, that hasn't even gone to trial.

Yeah its all pretty meaningless isnt. Two bitcoin stock exchanges were forced closed so far, at least one of which after consulting with lawyers, the biggest asset issuer on that exchange (giga vps) got legal counsel that concluded he couldn't legally continue the way he did,  the law clearly states these bitcoin denominated assets are securities, the SEC explicitly states it, its upheld in court now (and if you like being pedantic by ALL judges in ALL bitcoin security related cases Im aware off), but somehow it just isnt true because Ytterbium, Ytterbium & Associates thinks it isnt or it shouldnt be.

Welcome to my ignore list.

GLBSE closed after Nefario went to see a lawyer also.

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:00:40 PM

One judge, in one case, that hasn't even gone to trial.

Yeah its all pretty meaningless isnt. Two bitcoin stock exchanges were forced closed so far, at least one of which after consulting with lawyers, the biggest asset issuer on that exchange (giga vps) got legal counsel that concluded he couldn't legally continue the way he did,  the law clearly states these bitcoin denominated assets are securities, the SEC explicitly states it, its upheld in court now (and if you like being pedantic by ALL judges in ALL bitcoin security related cases Im aware off), but somehow it just isnt true because Ytterbium, Ytterbium & Associates thinks it isnt or it shouldnt be.

Welcome to my ignore list.

GLBSE closed after Nefario went to see a lawyer also.

GLBSE was one of the two stock exchanges I was referring to. Bitfunder only closed after I posted what you quoted (nice necro bump), to the amazement of absolutely no one paying any attention, except maybe Ytterbium, Ytterbium & Associates.
Taborresen

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 09:41:43 PM

Hello. Did u get my email?

taborresen
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 11:16:10 PM

Hello. Did u get my email?

taborresen

If you received a response, then yes.  I just finished going through and replying to all of the responses I've received in the last 12 hrs.

For those wondering what we're talking about, I sent a new batch of requests for withdrawal addresses last night.

Deposits remaining on the site are down to 0.4% of our average deposits during operation, but we are still trying to return as much as we can.  If you think you may have left anything behind on the site, please check your spam folder in your email.  We have emailed everyone with a non-zero balance several times.

Cheers.
PirateHatForTea

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:21:17 PM

Hi Burnside,

I would still love to be able to pull my record of transactions on BTCTC for record keeping and posibly tax purposes.

You mentioned that you were thinking of a mass email out of people's API keys, as API access is still possible and could be used to pull the transactions CSV. Are you still planning to do this? I lost a lot of BTC on Labcon, it would be nice to have a record of that at least.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:25:27 PM

We may be a few months (or more) away from me being able to share details unfortunately.  I will definitely do so as soon as I am able.

Thanks burn no worries I'll ask around New Years but look forward to hearing about it.

(Darn forgot about New Years Close enough Gets Ready to add 3 more months   Grin)

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 08:59:56 AM

Hi Burnside,

I would still love to be able to pull my record of transactions on BTCTC for record keeping and posibly tax purposes.

You mentioned that you were thinking of a mass email out of people's API keys, as API access is still possible and could be used to pull the transactions CSV. Are you still planning to do this? I lost a lot of BTC on Labcon, it would be nice to have a record of that at least.

You got it.  The script is running now.  It's rate limited though, and going through alphabetically by username so it's going to be a day or so for it to finish sending to everyone. 

Thanks burn no worries I'll ask around New Years but look forward to hearing about it.

(Darn forgot about New Years Close enough Gets Ready to add 3 more months   Grin)

I wish it were over.  Still working our way toward resolution though.  Sad Sad

Cheers.
btcbot

Activity: 151
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:08:29 AM

Thanks for making the CSV API available post-mortem, Burnside! 

For those that are looking to use it - it's really easy, just insert the API key that Burnside emailed us last night and a CSV file will download itself to your browser:

Your personal portfolio   https://btct.co/csv/portfolio?key=[API key]
Your complete trade history   https://btct.co/csv/trades?key=[API key]
Your complete dividend history   https://btct.co/csv/dividends?key=[API key]
Your complete deposit history   https://btct.co/csv/deposits?key=[API key]
Your complete withdrawal history   https://btct.co/csv/withdrawals?key=[API key]

Don't tip me... tip the Riseup folks who protect activists around the world.
papiraul

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:31:52 AM

Thanks for making the CSV API available post-mortem, Burnside! 

For those that are looking to use it - it's really easy, just insert the API key that Burnside emailed us last night and a CSV file will download itself to your browser:

Your personal portfolio   https://btct.co/csv/portfolio?key=[API key]
Your complete trade history   https://btct.co/csv/trades?key=[API key]
Your complete dividend history   https://btct.co/csv/dividends?key=[API key]
Your complete deposit history   https://btct.co/csv/deposits?key=[API key]
Your complete withdrawal history   https://btct.co/csv/withdrawals?key=[API key]

I just downloaded my portfolio and it seems I still have 267 TAT.ASICMINER shares on there??
I requested Thick as Thieves to transfer them to Havelock in the end of November. Guess it never happened?
I've sent him an email and a message here on the board. Hope to get it straightened out.

Ticker,Quantity,"Last Change"
ASICMINER-PT,0,"2013-09-26 22:14:23"
TAT.ASICMINER,267,"2013-09-20 20:11:55"
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: