Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:20:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA Crowdsale  (Read 182670 times)
Videodrome

Activity: 588
Merit: 503

Free Julian Assange

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 12:56:42 PM

Your fuckin god Allah is the biggest SCAM of history.
respect all other religions plz!!  Smiley Love and Peace!!  Kiss Kiss

Yes ofc i'm for love and peace!! Grin Grin

I'm not the one with a knife in the avatar! Roll Eyes

btw sorry for my off topic if cbf wants to delete all no problem!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 01:08:01 PM

Yes ofc i'm for love and peace!! Grin Grin

I'm not the one with a knife in the avatar! Roll Eyes

No problem, my friend!!  Wink Cool Kiss
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 03:29:38 PM

No need to delete anything, I used to have a joker in most my threads and -Greed- perfectly suits this role now.
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 05:00:52 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2016, 06:55:42 PM by drays

Guys, I hate to complain, but cannot resist, as I was shocked to see such unprofessional collection procedure description... It is the shittiest one I have seen in a while...  Angry
Cannot believe it is written by programmer, as there is a zero attention to detail shown:

Step 1 - it says "Open this link" - but as soon as you click on the link, it opens in the same window, so instructions disappear. Why not to tell "Open this link in new window" so people can continue to read instructions while opening the link?!

Step 2 - it says "Disconnect from the internet (important!)" - why not to tell WHY it is important - what will/could happen if I don't do that?

Step 3 - it says "Type in your secret password (keep this secret!) and save the address that will be generated.". But the input box which is opened in browser is titled "Seed?" (that's extremely descriptive name, but only for the internal developer of the this stuff, not for normal crowdfund user). So why not to rename the box, or write in instructions: "Type in your secret password aka seed (keep this secret!), press "OK", then the address that will be generated." "Press OK" part is needed because most people will not be comfortable with pressing a button on a page while being disconnected from Internet.

Step 4 - it says "Connect to the internet again and type the address that you just generated into the form below. Hit 'Send' to get the amount of satoshis to transfer in order to verify your ownership.". Anyone noticed there is absolutely no button called "Send" on the page? There is a form containig button called "Submit Query". I suppose "Send" == "Submit Query" for a typical woman, or humanitarian, but not for programmer or technically thinking hairsplitter person. And why "For NXT'ers" section is above, not below the submit form, called "Step 4 for NXT'ers"?

If some tech writer or programmer in my company would write it that way, he would not work much longer... Have the instructions been written in a big hurry? Hope the actual code for IOTA will be written more carefully Undecided

Please fix it, if possible. And sorry if I sound a bit harsh, just I expected more from such brilliant guys as the ones involved in this project. This is not an offense, just critics.

... this space is not for rent ...
euGenio

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 05:38:11 PM

...not an offense...

well, then I can consider myself to be a genius, because I had no trouble following the instructions, and everything went fine for me up to now
i guess this is not the place for beginners. i suggest that some people should wait until the tech is all perfectly developed, so that it is easy for the not so smart and experienced médiocre user

btw. congtatz to the iota community: great project here!
Krypt
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1096

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 06:41:25 PM

Guys, I hate to complain, but cannot resist, as I was shocked to see such unprofessional collection procedure description... It is the shittiest one I have seen in a while...  Angry
Cannot believe it is written by programmer, as there is a zero attention to detail shown:

Step 1 - it says "Open this link" - but as soon as you click on the link, it opens in the same window, so instructions disappear. Why not to tell "Open this link in new window" so people can continue to read instructions while opening the link?!

Step 2 - it says "Disconnect from the internet (important!)" - why not to tell HOW and WHY it is important - what will/could happen if I don't do that?

Step 3 - it says "Type in your secret password (keep this secret!) and save the address that will be generated.". But the input box which is opened in browser is titled "Seed?" (that's extremely descriptive name, but only for the internal developer of the this stuff, not for normal crowdfund user). So why not to rename the box, or write in instructions: "Type in your secret password aka seed (keep this secret!), press "OK", then the address that will be generated." "Press OK" part is needed because most people will not be comfortable with pressing a button on a page while being disconnected from Internet.

Step 4 - it says "Connect to the internet again and type the address that you just generated into the form below. Hit 'Send' to get the amount of satoshis to transfer in order to verify your ownership.". Anyone noticed there is absolutely no button called "Send" on the page? There form contain button called "Submit Query". I suppose "Send" == "Submit Query" for a typical woman, or humanitarian, but not for programmer or technically thinking hairsplitter person. And why "For NXT'ers" section is above, not below the submit form, called "Step 4 for NXT'ers"?

If some tech writer or programmer in my company would write it that way, he would not work much longer... Have the instructions been written in a big hurry? Hope the actual code for IOTA will be written more carefully Undecided

Please fix it, if possible. And sorry if I sound a bit harsh, just I expected more from such brilliant guys as the ones involved in this project. This is not an offense, just critics.
Well said! I agree with every word here.
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 07:24:06 PM

Guys, I hate to complain, but cannot resist, as I was shocked to see such unprofessional collection procedure description... It is the shittiest one I have seen in a while...  Angry

Step 2 - it says "Disconnect from the internet (important!)" - why not to tell HOW and WHY it is important - what will/could happen if I don't do that?

Step 4 - it says "Connect to the internet again and type the address that you just generated into the form below. Hit 'Send' to get the amount of satoshis to transfer in order to verify your ownership.". Anyone noticed there is absolutely no button called "Send" on the page? There form contain button called "Submit Query". I suppose "Send" == "Submit Query" for a typical woman, or humanitarian, but not for programmer or technically thinking hairsplitter person. And why "For NXT'ers" section is above, not below the submit form, called "Step 4 for NXT'ers"?

i bet you 2 are from USA

IOTA
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 07:50:02 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2016, 08:02:43 PM by drays

i bet you 2 are from USA

Not at all, you lost the bet Smiley You could guess I'm not from USA just looking on my English Smiley. I know US people sometimes are considered as 'dumb' by the rest of the world, but the real fact is - they just are used to high standards. And yes - I prefer USA-written instructions to Chinese-written ones. BTW, I also read a lot of Russian-made instructions, and they all were better than this one.

And BTW, congratulations to both Newbie geniuses posted above - you should be proud of yourself. The only problem with you - you look from the point of view of typical user, and are worried only about whether you understood something or not. Try to look from a point of view of developer or writer - and you could see the instructions are poor, as they may/will cause confusion with some (many) users.

And to everybody who wants to show how great he is - I am sure you are smart and really great. You could probably complete everything even without any instruction. But the people whose project is targeted to wide audience, have to think about large audience and display more professionalism in such basics as instructions are.

... this space is not for rent ...
-Greed-

Activity: 910

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 08:42:45 PM

No need to delete anything, I used to have a joker in most my threads and -Greed- perfectly suits this role now.
That's so easy to call someone a troll but to show progress in development or some work got done ain't that easy. I hope your scam won't be exposed before I'm able to dump these useless tokens.

Step 2 - it says "Disconnect from the internet (important!)" - why not to tell WHY it is important - what will/could happen if I don't do that?

Step 4 - it says "Connect to the internet again and type the address that you just generated into the form below. Hit 'Send' to get the amount of satoshis to transfer in order to verify your ownership.". Anyone noticed there is absolutely no button called "Send" on the page? There is a form containig button called "Submit Query". I suppose "Send" == "Submit Query" for a typical woman, or humanitarian, but not for programmer or technically thinking hairsplitter person. And why "For NXT'ers" section is above, not below the submit form, called "Step 4 for NXT'ers"?

Totally agreed. I'm sure we will get code of the same shitty quality. What is worse is that this project is not gonna out before 2018 or so but it will be too late because by that time IBM will have already released own IoT blockchain coded by professional well-paid coders not these code-monkeys.

AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 08:45:07 PM

IOTA could replace BTC, it is the first token designed for the internet-of-things (it is already safe from Quantum Computing!, so it is future-proof and has the first-mover advantage for iot).
Internet-of-things is a HUGE market (billions?) and it will get bigger every day.
So, it is very likely we see a very high ROI, same or bigger than NXT (which was around 4000x of IPO price, if I recall well).
It's just fine but... Iota is nothing but a concept. It will take years to bring this project to life by these people that I can hardly call a dev team. Don't be that naive child that thinks these 2.5 "devs" can develop something better that IBM (for everyone's information IBM is working on IoT blockchain). Also IoT cap means nothing for price of these worthless tokens.

What about ROI - I can create an OTC thread and we will start trading right now. I understand that you want to dump this shit with some profit just like I do but the truth is I bet Iota token will go below its IPO price soon after trading begins.

Btw, I remember you since Visacoin (I got burned on this shit) and other old IPOs.

Oh no, a butthurt kid that missed the crowdsale. How will we ever survive.
You can make sure that I did by reading the very first pages of this topic. Actually I participated in almost every IPO/crowdsale on this forum. Btw, I posted about this crowdsale. Also, CFb is behind another scam project Jinn that is still not released and will never be.

I love how you have taken part in every scamcoin sale and bash two projects that have developers and funds. What's the matter? Did your other shitcoins break your back kid?

If you are here to whine and bitch, maybe get a life and stop throwing your coin away.

Jihad, put down the vodka and hold on to those spreadcoins and riecoins. Maybe you can buy a sandwich before rhey reach zero. .

FOR RENT.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 09:20:45 PM

I hope your scam won't be exposed before I'm able to dump these useless tokens.

This post is funny, keep posting.
iotatoken (OP)

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 09:27:51 PM

-Greed-

I will buy your iotas from you at the price you bought them at. Put your iotas where your mouth is or accept your existence as a pathetic loser.

iotatoken (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 09:29:41 PM

Don't worry, all code is written by someone else Smiley And seriously, I appreciate that you give us honest feedback, but you are literally less than 0.5% of people. VERY few seem to have any problem with the collection.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 09:34:50 PM

-Greed-

I will buy your iotas from you at the price you bought them at. Put your iotas where your mouth is or accept your existence as a pathetic loser.

Oh, you think he really owns any? I thought he was one of those poor guys who have nothing but talk a lot...
iotatoken (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 09:39:22 PM

-Greed-

Oh, you think he really owns any? I thought he was one of those poor guys who have nothing but talk a lot...

Of course he doesn't, but this is a way to prove beyond any shadow of doubt that he's a troll for everyone.

John_Paul

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 10:02:14 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2016, 04:01:14 AM by John_Paul

You made some good points. It is could be more professional. Technical writing is a profession and I don't think any devs in this team are good at it.  I remember that one of Microsoft success factors in their early stage is that they hired a super good technical writer from Oxford. Good technical writing is a key factor for the disruptive new technology. Hope Iota and Jinn team can hire professional experts to write their important document, or at least get a couple of people to proof read it before publishing.
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 10:40:51 PM

Your fuckin god Allah is the biggest SCAM of history.
respect all other religions plz!!  Smiley Love and Peace!!  Kiss Kiss

Don´t respect any religion cause they are all bushit, and the real big scams.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 11:37:26 PM

Don´t respect any religion cause they are all bushit, and the real big scams.

Even Cthulhu? Isn't it smarter to respect Cthulhu just in case if he exists? You don't want to make him angry, trust me.
-Greed-

Activity: 910

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 11:57:38 PM

-Greed-

I hope your scam won't be exposed before I'm able to dump these useless tokens.

This post is funny, keep posting.
-Greed-

Dear IOTA devs,

You just touched me so much by your professionalism. You are absolutely qualified for the work you do. Your words perfectly reflect you and your project. I wish you and your projects best of luck. I will even buy more tokens!

Regards,
Your Greed

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 12:01:22 AM

Dear IOTA devs,

You just touched me so much by your professionalism. You are absolutely qualified for the work you do. Your words perfectly reflect you and your project. I wish you and your projects best of luck. I will even buy more tokens!

Regards,
Your Greed

Hahaha, you are the best in this role!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: