Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:15:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA Crowdsale  (Read 182679 times)
ozboom

Activity: 131
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:31:08 AM

There is no official iota being traded over at Nxt that we (IOTA team) can vouch for. Any trading of this software is 100% your own responsibility.
Oh OK, thanks for the info Token, I'll keep reading and just wait then  Smiley
Tobo

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 09:04:49 AM

Me. But it's unrelated to Iota, a modified SHA-3 could be used instead.

Was SaM primarily invented for Jinn?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 09:49:31 AM

For trinary.
IOTUSA

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:47:33 PM

For trinary.

How long til the GUI 'wallet' release? Days?

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:56:34 PM

I've heard "days".
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 04:08:10 PM

I've heard "days".

Quick question, as I just secured my keys in a bank vault. If I just want to hold long-term (years), I don't have to take any actions in the near future correct? The IOTA are safe and secure long term in the account I created for the genesis block - correct?

Thanks,
dulinxu

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 04:12:20 PM

Me. But it's unrelated to Iota, a modified SHA-3 could be used instead.

what is the SaM??

TERRA - Bring profits to support community, starting from cross-border payment ❘|❘ ICO ❘|❘ DISCUSSION
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 04:24:25 PM

Quick question, as I just secured my keys in a bank vault. If I just want to hold long-term (years), I don't have to take any actions in the near future correct? The IOTA are safe and secure long term in the account I created for the genesis block - correct?

Thanks,

Yes, if there is no a flaw in security. Iota security hasn't been peer-reviewed yet.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 04:26:16 PM

what is the SaM??

A hashing algorithm using Split-and-Merge method - https://github.com/JinnLabs/SaM/blob/master/src/SaM.java.
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 04:46:31 PM

Ok,

I take it in case of a major security issue we might need to move coins to a new address that would be created using some upgraded algo... I will keep my keys close then.

Thanks,

Yes, if there is no a flaw in security. Iota security hasn't been peer-reviewed yet.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 06:07:57 PM

Is it planned to review IOTA by someone who has the skills and knowledge to do this? Something from  the community maybe?

Thanks,

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 06:41:12 PM

Is it planned to review IOTA by someone who has the skills and knowledge to do this? Something from  the community maybe?

Yes.
Voice-Of-Reason

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 09:35:45 PM

Just checked the last couple of pages, the website, and the front page of this thread, but the information available seems rather thin.
Other than the whitepaper, is there any reading material of substance available for one to get familiar with IOTA? Perhaps a git repository, or a beta client, or... something? Thanks!
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:23:41 PM

Just checked the last couple of pages, the website, and the front page of this thread, but the information available seems rather thin.
Other than the whitepaper, is there any reading material of substance available for one to get familiar with IOTA? Perhaps a git repository, or a beta client, or... something? Thanks!

Ask for an invite to Ryver from the IOTA rep. lots going on.

FOR RENT.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:37:40 PM

Not everyone wants to join Ryver though, so it's important that all updates and information are posted here as well.
iotatoken (OP)

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:41:22 PM

Not everyone wants to join Ryver though, so it's important that all updates and information are posted here as well.

For sure. But to be honest, those that do not even care to enter a chat are most likely not the ones that have true intention for their IOTA tokens. Rest assured I am sure the community will continue to keep the threads alive here on BTT, that is always the case. We are setting up a stand-alone forum for IOTA and will continue to use Ryver for chat. Ryver UX is not as good as Slack, but Slack is too expensive for thousands of users, so if UX of Ryver does not improve we'll move over to RocketChat.

Right now people should rather focus on meet-ups, events and use-cases instead of relying on us doing everything.

msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 05:45:33 PM

For sure. But to be honest, those that do not even care to enter a chat are most likely not the ones that have true intention for their IOTA tokens. Rest assured I am sure the community will continue to keep the threads alive here on BTT, that is always the case. We are setting up a stand-alone forum for IOTA and will continue to use Ryver for chat. Ryver UX is not as good as Slack, but Slack is too expensive for thousands of users, so if UX of Ryver does not improve we'll move over to RocketChat.

Right now people should rather focus on meet-ups, events and use-cases instead of relying on us doing everything.

I wouldn't exclude those that don't want to enter Ryver. Some just don't have the time to navigate another forum or chat room. And I certainly wouldn't qualify their "true intentions", anyone who invested BTC has enough intentions to deserve any info they request. You guys raised 1.3k btc, so you shouldn't rely on anyone to do anything until you've released a stable client.
iotatoken (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 06:00:41 PM

I wouldn't exclude those that don't want to enter Ryver. Some just don't have the time to navigate another forum or chat room. And I certainly wouldn't qualify their "true intentions", anyone who invested BTC has enough intentions to deserve any info they request. You guys raised 1.3k btc, so you shouldn't rely on anyone to do anything until you've released a stable client.

False. We got 0 investors. We got buyers of software, software that they should focus on making useful (for themselves). This is why we are actually spending OUR time VOLUNTARILY to setup the community, get companies on board, get marketing done, get events setup, which got nothing to do with software. It got to do with us wanting (by our own volition) to grow the ecosystem, which we have NO obligation to do.

The backend client has been done and we're actively doing testing, the community wanted a glossy front-end so we decided to give it one, which caused delay, but in this time we did more testing and optimized IOTA further, so nothing has really been lost.

But don't think for a second that we should just pretend the emperor hath new clothes and that those who spend more time speculating on the value of the software post-launch rather than actually doing anything to achieve this, somehow got 'true intentions' in regards to growing IOTA as an ecosystem. This is why I have been so blunt towards them, to not have a scenario where we got tons of people complaining about things they got no right to complain about.

So yes, like we said before we even announced the crowdsale: the community has to do their own work to grow the eocsystem, we make the software. All these extra relationships, companies etc. is us being community members, not something we owe anyone.

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 06:22:08 PM

False. We got 0 investors. We got buyers of software, software that they should focus on making useful (for themselves). This is why we are actually spending OUR time VOLUNTARILY to setup the community, get companies on board, get marketing done, get events setup, which got nothing to do with software. It got to do with us wanting (by our own volition) to grow the ecosystem, which we have NO obligation to do.

The backend client has been done and we're actively doing testing, the community wanted a glossy front-end so we decided to give it one, which caused delay, but in this time we did more testing and optimized IOTA further, so nothing has really been lost.

But don't think for a second that we should just pretend the emperor hath new clothes and that those who spend more time speculating on the value of the software post-launch rather than actually doing anything to achieve this, somehow got 'true intentions' in regards to growing IOTA as an ecosystem. This is why I have been so blunt towards them, to not have a scenario where we got tons of people complaining about things they got no right to complain about.

So yes, like we said before we even announced the crowdsale: the community has to do their own work to grow the eocsystem, we make the software. All these extra relationships, companies etc. is us being community members, not something we owe anyone.

Totally reasonable and good to make that clear right now. There are plenty of entities interested in making the extra relationships work - you don't need to do all the heavy lifting yourself.

iotatoken (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 06:25:46 PM

Totally reasonable and good to make that clear right now. There are plenty of entities interested in making the extra relationships work - you don't need to do all the heavy lifting yourself.

Indeed and I got A LOT of really big and exciting news that will be made available quite soon, but I don't want the commuity to become dependent on me, CfB or just another handful of people. None of us have any plans of suddenly ceasing to continue to grow IOTA and the ecosystem, but it needs to be a community effort. Everyone needs to understand that the more they put in, the more they get out.

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: