Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:43:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA Crowdsale  (Read 182678 times)
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 07:47:52 PM

I'm always amazed by posts like this from you - I can't even comprehend what exactly you think you are doing when you say things like this.

I wonder if you know just how BAD you are at what you do, the smugness and arrogance from these posts are so ridiculous, if you were a CEO or leader of a large company you would be replaced in 2 seconds for making statements like this. You are the face of the project and you are supposed to present the project in the best light possible and THIS is what you come up with?

Why not just tell everyone to go fuck themselves and be done with it? Think about the tone you bring to these threads. Honestly, it would be best if you guys spent some of the 1000+ BTC on hiring someone to better represent the team to the "non-investors". Then you can concentrate on whatever it is that you are doing which has a positive impact for IOTA. Maybe when you deliver a working and stable product you can begin to dream about talking to other people in this tone - "Hey, you guys got what you paid for - the software works". Right now? Right now YOU have 1000+ BTC and there is an expectation that you will deliver something useful and stable. To hear "hey, we don't owe anyone anything, we are just as responsible as anyone else here"... this is crap, because YOU GOT PAID. Not me.

Most of the time I wish you just bit your tongue, because I'm sure you are hurting the project with this tone you take every 2 pages. Whatever you are doing behind the scenes, I hope it's spectacular - because otherwise I would hope to see you replaced. Honestly, you can't possibly think your words and behavior in these threads helps the project along. I know for a fact that many people invested in this project (YES, INVESTED, I don't care that you want to side step issues with the SEC here - you can call this software and still see your customers and people who are investing in your company and future) because of their belief in CFB.

To be perfectly blunt, as you like to be, everytime I worry about this project it is because of the tone and attitude you have. You speak to a VC or within a serious funding round with the tone you bring and you will be destroyed. You need to re-think exactly what you say and how you say it.

If you can't handle this, find someone who CAN. 

For sure. But to be honest, those that do not even care to enter a chat are most likely not the ones that have true intention for their IOTA tokens. Rest assured I am sure the community will continue to keep the threads alive here on BTT, that is always the case. We are setting up a stand-alone forum for IOTA and will continue to use Ryver for chat. Ryver UX is not as good as Slack, but Slack is too expensive for thousands of users, so if UX of Ryver does not improve we'll move over to RocketChat.

Right now people should rather focus on meet-ups, events and use-cases instead of relying on us doing everything.

I wouldn't exclude those that don't want to enter Ryver. Some just don't have the time to navigate another forum or chat room. And I certainly wouldn't qualify their "true intentions", anyone who invested BTC has enough intentions to deserve any info they request. You guys raised 1.3k btc, so you shouldn't rely on anyone to do anything until you've released a stable client.

False. We got 0 investors. We got buyers of software, software that they should focus on making useful (for themselves). This is why we are actually spending OUR time VOLUNTARILY to setup the community, get companies on board, get marketing done, get events setup, which got nothing to do with software. It got to do with us wanting (by our own volition) to grow the ecosystem, which we have NO obligation to do.

The backend client has been done and we're actively doing testing, the community wanted a glossy front-end so we decided to give it one, which caused delay, but in this time we did more testing and optimized IOTA further, so nothing has really been lost.

But don't think for a second that we should just pretend the emperor hath new clothes and that those who spend more time speculating on the value of the software post-launch rather than actually doing anything to achieve this, somehow got 'true intentions' in regards to growing IOTA as an ecosystem. This is why I have been so blunt towards them, to not have a scenario where we got tons of people complaining about things they got no right to complain about.

So yes, like we said before we even announced the crowdsale: the community has to do their own work to grow the eocsystem, we make the software. All these extra relationships, companies etc. is us being community members, not something we owe anyone.
iotatoken (OP)

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 07:59:27 PM

I'm always amazed by posts like this from you - I can't even comprehend what exactly you think you are doing when you say things like this.

I wonder if you know just how BAD you are at what you do, the smugness and arrogance from these posts are so ridiculous, if you were a CEO or leader of a large company you would be replaced in 2 seconds for making statements like this. You are the face of the project and you are supposed to present the project in the best light possible and THIS is what you come up with?

Why not just tell everyone to go fuck themselves and be done with it? Think about the tone you bring to these threads. Honestly, it would be best if you guys spent some of the 1000+ BTC on hiring someone to better represent the team to the "non-investors". Then you can concentrate on whatever it is that you are doing which has a positive impact for IOTA. Maybe when you deliver a working and stable product you can begin to dream about talking to other people in this tone - "Hey, you guys got what you paid for - the software works". Right now? Right now YOU have 1000+ BTC and there is an expectation that you will deliver something useful and stable. To hear "hey, we don't owe anyone anything, we are just as responsible as anyone else here"... this is crap, because YOU GOT PAID. Not me.

Most of the time I wish you just bit your tongue, because I'm sure you are hurting the project with this tone you take every 2 pages. Whatever you are doing behind the scenes, I hope it's spectacular - because otherwise I would hope to see you replaced. Honestly, you can't possibly think your words and behavior in these threads helps the project along. I know for a fact that many people invested in this project (YES, INVESTED, I don't care that you want to side step issues with the SEC here - you can call this software and still see your customers and people who are investing in your company and future) because of their belief in CFB.

To be perfectly blunt, as you like to be, everytime I worry about this project it is because of the tone and attitude you have. You speak to a VC or within a serious funding round with the tone you bring and you will be destroyed. You need to re-think exactly what you say and how you say it.

Ugh another one.

First and foremost:
AGAIN look through the threads we have made to see how many times we have specifically told people to stop polluting the thread with speculation, which we said from day 1 we would strike down on. And again FROM REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE, not theory we *know* how fast these things get out of hand, so being brutally blunt and repetitive is the only solution to avoid false speculation, accusations and drama that we have experienced 100 times before from trolls. This is not a game and hypothetics for us, this is from experience. We run a legally registered company, sorry but this is the role of a CEO, he has to deliver the blunt truth without sugar coating it, otherwise we'd run the risk of drama. This time we decided to avoid all that by being 100% crystal clear. IOTA is software, if you purchased it you agreed to our terms and risks. That is it. That is the entirety of our agreement with customers. So please take your "I INVESTED, you guys are trying to side step SEC!" bullshit elsewhere. IOTA is a software data layer that enables data transfer and transactive settlements, it is not by itself equity or assets. You are the exact person my post is aimed at.

Secondly
if you want me to take you seriously you need to stop misquoting me. I have never said "You guys bought software therefore we don't owe you anything". We owe the software, which I also mentioned in that very post you chose to falliciously lash out at. But the point stands: there are some people who bought IOTA tokens for speculation: we do not owe them anything beyond the software and everyone needs to understand this.

What guys like you seem to fail to realize is that cryptographical token software is not some magic. I could EASILY have been a hypocritical idiot and hyped and promised any and everything in order to drive up the software sale, but did I? No, instead we are brutally honest, because we know this space better than anyone and know just how disingenuous some people are, which lead to a ton of wasted time and resources.

If people like yourself would stop making up false bullshit like "OH I INVESTED IN YOU, SO YOU OWE IT TO ME TO MAKE ME RICH!" I could take another tone. And trust me I got more experience talking with big companies and VCs than you do, they are quite aware of the fact that in business it's all about being blunt. This is not a marketing gig, the software sale is over, now it's all about releasing the software and (by our own volition) grow the ecosystem, but it's not something we legally OWE you, you are not our investor in IOTA, we got no investors in IOTA. Welcome to the real world. IOTA is real world tech, not crypto-speculation-pump-and-dump

Tobo

Activity: 763

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 08:03:36 PM

Bitcointalk is a not a great place for efficient communication. People keep asking same questions again and again because the previous same questions and replies have been buried underneath the new posts. It is really a waste of time. On the Ryver forum or future Iota forum, you can create a topic to ask you question once and get answered. The question and the answer will always be there for people to visit and refer if other people have same question later.
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 08:04:21 PM

This is getting really unpleasant and kinda ridiculous.

Can we get a move along and launch this yet?

ETA?

iotatoken (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 08:09:35 PM

This is getting really unpleasant and kinda ridiculous.

Can we get a move along and launch this yet?

ETA?

Don't worry. In my experience and observation 90%+ of those who purchased IOTA know that IOTA is software and we have no legal obligation to magically make them rich. There are sadly a few rotten apples like rtrtcrypto who seem to think we are his slaves because he purchased software with bitcoins instead of fiat money, and I have to be extremely blunt and honest with these people in order to avoid false accusations later on.

I know exactly what I am doing and got several great things planned for IOTA, but like we have said from day 1: at the end of the day the success of IOTA will be determined by its users, so we highly suggest everyone spend more time thinking about real life use, instead of random speculation.

As for ETA, I responded to this over in the crowdsale thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1216479.msg13906824#msg13906824

rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 08:12:43 PM

Could we have this thread locked?  I see a lot of cross-talk, and similar questions regarding IOTA in general in both this thread, and the ANNouncement thread.

I don't think this thread needs to be deleted, but it can be linked on the original post for history.  I see no reason to keep the Crowdsale thread open.  If people want to talk or ask questions about IOTA, as a piece of crypto-software, let them ask over there or join Ryver.

Just my two cents.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
Tobo

Activity: 763

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 08:15:10 PM

Could we have this thread locked?  I see a lot of cross-talk, and similar questions regarding IOTA in general in both this thread, and the ANNouncement thread.

Locking up this thread is a good idea.
iotatoken (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 08:16:38 PM

I don't think this thread needs to be deleted, but it can be linked on the original post for history.  I see no reason to keep the Crowdsale thread open.  If people want to talk or ask questions about IOTA, as a piece of crypto-software, let them ask over there or join Ryver.

Just my two cents.

We'll keep it open until the beta release at least. But yes we'll be moving over to a dedicated IOTA forum shortly. Personally I don't care about rtrtcrypto's toxicity, we know full well that this kind of mentality permeates BTT, which we also knew when we hosted the crowdsale here, so it's no problem for us to deal with. And again it just put emphasis once again on what really matters: the tech, everyone should focus on the tech.

rtrtcrypto

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 08:20:35 PM

"Welcome to the real world. IOTA is real world tech, not crypto-speculation-pump-and-dump"

Great. Where is the software I paid for then? I paid for a product, ok... I'm waiting to take possession of it.

"But the point stands: there are some people who bought IOTA tokens for speculation: we do not owe them anything beyond the software and everyone needs to understand this."

I'm curious, you are not one of the technical developers, correct? You don't work on the math, nor the protocol itself, nor are you a cryptographer, etc. Is this correct? Because if you guys (IOTA TEAM) are just responsible for developing software (technical work) and you are not one of the developers or programmers or cryptographers. Then why exactly are you being paid? As you said yourself, the responsibility of the team is just to develop the technology and nothing else.  

There is also another contradiction, you say that you don't care about speculators and the market doesn't matter and that only the technology is important. Then what drama is caused by any speculator? If the market around your product is not important to you - as you say, the software sale is OVER and you are just responsible for the tech. So, what exactly is the drama that is to be avoided?

Lastly, I'm not interested in having you take me seriously or not seriously - you miss the point again. People are (rightfully) questioning why they should take YOU seriously.

I bought "software" that I intend to use... having said that, my use of the network will be dependent on its value which is dependent on its use - your actions and words make me believe that you are hurting the future use of MY software which I paid to have and use. As such, I take issue with you and your tone in so far as it hurts my future use of what I paid to have.

Ugh another one.

First and foremost:
AGAIN look through the threads we have made to see how many times we have specifically told people to stop polluting the thread with speculation, which we said from day 1 we would strike down on. And again FROM REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE, not theory we *know* how fast these things get out of hand, so being brutally blunt and repetitive is the only solution to avoid false speculation, accusations and drama that we have experienced 100 times before from trolls. This is not a game and hypothetics for us, this is from experience. We run a legally registered company, sorry but this is the role of a CEO, he has to deliver the blunt truth without sugar coating it, otherwise we'd run the risk of drama. This time we decided to avoid all that by being 100% crystal clear. IOTA is software, if you purchased it you agreed to our terms and risks. That is it. That is the entirety of our agreement with customers. So please take your "I INVESTED, you guys are trying to side step SEC!" bullshit elsewhere. IOTA is a software data layer that enables data transfer and transactive settlements, it is not by itself equity or assets. You are the exact person my post is aimed at.

Secondly
if you want me to take you seriously you need to stop misquoting me. I have never said "You guys bought software therefore we don't owe you anything". We owe the software, which I also mentioned in that very post you chose to falliciously lash out at. But the point stands: there are some people who bought IOTA tokens for speculation: we do not owe them anything beyond the software and everyone needs to understand this.

What guys like you seem to fail to realize is that cryptographical token software is not some magic. I could EASILY have been a hypocritical idiot and hyped and promised any and everything in order to drive up the software sale, but did I? No, instead we are brutally honest, because we know this space better than anyone and know just how disingenuous some people are, which lead to a ton of wasted time and resources.

If people like yourself would stop making up false bullshit like "OH I INVESTED IN YOU, SO YOU OWE IT TO ME TO MAKE ME RICH!" I could take another tone. And trust me I got more experience talking with big companies and VCs than you do, they are quite aware of the fact that in business it's all about being blunt. This is not a marketing gig, the software sale is over, now it's all about releasing the software and (by our own volition) grow the ecosystem, but it's not something we legally OWE you, you are not our investor in IOTA, we got no investors in IOTA. Welcome to the real world. IOTA is real world tech, not crypto-speculation-pump-and-dump
rtrtcrypto

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 08:25:39 PM

My god man, you are just horrible at what you do. I'm really amazed by how rude and tone-deaf you are.
I can't even find the right emotions. I and others are helping to pay your salary and your reaction is just so nasty.

You are the most ungrateful team member for any project I have backed. FIAT, crypto, etc.

My respect for CFB will keep me onboard with JINN and IOTA - but just barely.

Just my two cents.

We'll keep it open until the beta release at least. But yes we'll be moving over to a dedicated IOTA forum shortly. Personally I don't care about rtrtcrypto's toxicity, we know full well that this kind of mentality permeates BTT, which we also knew when we hosted the crowdsale here, so it's no problem for us to deal with. And again it just put emphasis once again on what really matters: the tech, everyone should focus on the tech.
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 08:38:02 PM

We'll keep it open until the beta release at least. he tech.

+1

This is a must IMO

I appreciate you're working hard and improving the codebase etc
but these delays are causing stress and confusion.

I hope the UI guys have some kinda deadline and we launch sooner rather than later
The sooner we do the sooner we can leave this trash-talk behind us.

Until a successful Genesis the IOTA brand will continue draw this kinda negative energy.

btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 08:41:02 PM

rtrtcrypto, I think you're bit exaggerating, really.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
rtrtcrypto

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 08:47:26 PM

I've been following this tone of his for over 2 years now. It was the same in JINN. I love these projects and really think they are amazing - I've put a good deal of money and have helped pay for his salary on both projects.

I accept the idea that I am overly sensitive on this issue. But, it gets really depressing to witness the same tone over and over for multiple years towards many of the people who fund the projects he is involved in.

I just think it's unacceptable. I defended him and the delays many times here and in JINN - I don't even mind the delays, I think they are legitimate. I am a loyal holder of the tokens (both JINN and IOTA), have never sold ANY and want what is best for the project(s). But, now I am a "pump and dumper" (who never sold even one coin over multiple years, mind you). 

I will leave it at that, I've said what I have to say. Disgusted.

rtrtcrypto, I think you're bit exaggerating, really.
iotatoken (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 08:48:55 PM

"Welcome to the real world. IOTA is real world tech, not crypto-speculation-pump-and-dump"

Great. Where is the software I paid for then? I paid for a product, ok... I'm waiting to take possession of it.

Interesting, because I have not seen you participate in the initial testing in Ryver, even though I invited you quite some time ago.

I'm curious, you are not one of the technical developers, correct? You don't work on the math, nor the protocol itself, nor are you a cryptographer, etc. Is this correct? Because if you guys (IOTA TEAM) are just responsible for developing software (technical work) and you are not one of the developers or programmers or cryptographers. Then why exactly are you being paid? As you said yourself, the responsibility of the team is just to develop the technology and nothing else.  

First of all you are vacuously postulating that either of us is 'getting paid' X, Y, Z. The funds we got from the software sale goes toward 3 things: paying VAT tax on the sale itself (this is how the real world works), toward IOTA development and R&D for our hardware start-up. This is something we disclosed on day 1.

You are 100% entitled to ask about my role in IOTA, I thought by this point it was self-evident, but I have no problem answering: I am the architect of the project. IOTA came about as a result of my vision for Fog and Mist computation requiring a compensation layer, which is why we started our hardware start-up too. Given that I was so fortunate to be in a position of working with CfB and Serguei in our hardware start-up it was a no-brainer that these would be the ones who flesh out the tech itself. This is also why CfB repeatedly state that his role is developer. In addition to this I am the manager that takes care of everything else from setting up the website, orchestrating the entire crowdsale, doing all the branding, PR and marketing, getting big companies involved, getting academics involved, setting up events, getting other crypto projects involved, to more mundane things like talking to lawyers, registering company and paying the bills. So now you know my role in IOTA and maybe have a better understanding of why I refuse to take orders from you as if you owe me somehow, soon you'll see just how much extra free work I have done to make your software a lot more useful while you only sat here complaining about not being allowed to be a slave master.

There is also another contradiction, you say that you don't care about speculators and the market doesn't matter and that only the technology is important. Then what drama is caused by any speculator? If the market around your product is not important to you - as you say, the software sale is OVER and you are just responsible for the tech. So, what exactly is the drama that is to be avoided?

Have I said the market is not important? No. I have said that in order for IOTA to succeed the focus of the community has to be on technological adoption and NOT random speculator fluctuations in the first weeks. What drama that is to be avoided? This sort of drama that you instigate, which we sadly have to waste time on. This time that I have to respond to you and other trolls like you would be 100x better spent on virtually anything else, but since you purchased IOTA I feel compelled to respond to your paranoid ideas, no matter how delusional. Again this is the pleasure of leading a project. /s

Lastly, I'm not interested in having you take me seriously or not seriously - you miss the point again. People are (rightfully) questioning why they should take YOU seriously.

So far you are the only person that somehow managed to miss my role in IOTA, so you are also the first person to ask why you should take me seriously. My answer: if you don't feel like it, don't. Whether you take me serious or not does not impact my life in any measurable way, so do whatever makes you feel better.

I bought "software" that I intend to use... having said that, my use of the network will be dependent on its value which is dependent on its use - your actions and words make me believe that you are hurting the future use of MY software which I paid to have and use. As such, I take issue with you and your tone in so far as it hurts my future use of what I paid to have.

This is just getting beyond nonsensical at this point. The use of IOTA is not dependent on the value of it, you can use it as software however you like regardless of 'value' on exchanges. So your entire argument is flawed from start. Hell, even at 0 value you can still use it, so you get exactly what you paid for. This has been the point we have been emphasizing constantly: if you want it to increase in value DO SOMETHING USEFUL, stop just sitting on a random crypto forum talking.

And for the final time again: I, as well as CfB have emphasized that we do not want the project to be dependent on one person or a handful of people. IOTA is decentralized, people are allowed to do with it as they wish, so stop trying to put me in some "You are the ruler of IOTA" position and try to make it entirely reliant on me. With that said I can guarantee you that there is no single person that has done more to increase the value of IOTA than the person you are vacuously attacking just now.

This will be my last reply to you as it is beyond obvious that you are either really just a troll or delusional and think that you somehow owe me and CfB because you bought some product we developed. And just to prove my point again: I am willing to reimburse you for the IOTAs you purchased so that I can have them in my possession instead if you truly believe the drivel that you spew.

50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 09:05:01 PM

rtrtcrypto,

At first I don't like the tone too, but after reading all the explanations I have calmed down - they just do things very differently then the most other "Coins and ICO-s": registered company, VAT-tax, sale of software, lawyers.

I mean change the focus/view on it.
rtrtcrypto

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 09:07:12 PM

The kind of response I expected.

As my last replies to you:

1) I will keep my IOTA. Thank you very much.

2) You mean "OWN" not OWE... and no, this has nothing to do with control of anything. Just a lack of respect you show to people who are helping "your vision" (as you put it). I've been happy to wait on both JINN and IOTA (delays are not my problem with these projects) - neither is control.  

3) I'm sorry I have not participated in the testing (RYVER) - I am part of many projects and real life responsibilities which require time. As I helped fund the project, I imagined it would not be too much to ask that you actually tested the product without my help. I'm glad others are helping where they can, but find this disconnect and tone you take on this very issue part of your problem as a leader for this project. That you can't accept that we are not in the same position regarding this matter (and that you can't acknowledge that us having funded you is part of this dynamic) is troubling.

Like I said, enough is enough. I will stay quite now. I've said what I think and I've exposed my concerns - you are not interested, that's ok. I will keep my token/software. Maybe you really are great at what you do behind the scenes - I surely hope you are.  

Best of luck,

*from the "PUMP AND DUMPER" who never sold a single share of JINN or IOTA.

Interesting, because I have not seen you participate in the initial testing in Ryver, even though I invited you quite some time ago.

First of all you are vacuously postulating that either of us is 'getting paid' X, Y, Z. The funds we got from the software sale goes toward 3 things: paying VAT tax on the sale itself (this is how the real world works), toward IOTA development and R&D for our hardware start-up. This is something we disclosed on day 1.

You are 100% entitled to ask about my role in IOTA, I thought by this point it was self-evident, but I have no problem answering: I am the architect of the project. IOTA came about as a result of my vision for Fog and Mist computation requiring a compensation layer, which is why we started our hardware start-up too. Given that I was so fortunate to be in a position of working with CfB and Serguei in our hardware start-up it was a no-brainer that these would be the ones who flesh out the tech itself. This is also why CfB repeatedly state that his role is developer. In addition to this I am the manager that takes care of everything else from setting up the website, orchestrating the entire crowdsale, doing all the branding, PR and marketing, getting big companies involved, getting academics involved, setting up events, getting other crypto projects involved, to more mundane things like talking to lawyers, registering company and paying the bills. So now you know my role in IOTA and maybe have a better understanding of why I refuse to take orders from you as if you owe me somehow, soon you'll see just how much extra free work I have done to make your software a lot more useful while you only sat here complaining about not being allowed to be a slave master.

Have I said the market is not important? No. I have said that in order for IOTA to succeed the focus of the community has to be on technological adoption and NOT random speculator fluctuations in the first weeks. What drama that is to be avoided? This sort of drama that you instigate, which we sadly have to waste time on. This time that I have to respond to you and other trolls like you would be 100x better spent on virtually anything else, but since you purchased IOTA I feel compelled to respond to your paranoid ideas, no matter how delusional. Again this is the pleasure of leading a project. /s

So far you are the only person that somehow managed to miss my role in IOTA, so you are also the first person to ask why you should take me seriously. My answer: if you don't feel like it, don't. Whether you take me serious or not does not impact my life in any measurable way, so do whatever makes you feel better.

This is just getting beyond nonsensical at this point. The use of IOTA is not dependent on the value of it, you can use it as software however you like regardless of 'value' on exchanges. So your entire argument is flawed from start. Hell, even at 0 value you can still use it, so you get exactly what you paid for. This has been the point we have been emphasizing constantly: if you want it to increase in value DO SOMETHING USEFUL, stop just sitting on a random crypto forum talking.

And for the final time again: I, as well as CfB have emphasized that we do not want the project to be dependent on one person or a handful of people. IOTA is decentralized, people are allowed to do with it as they wish, so stop trying to put me in some "You are the ruler of IOTA" position and try to make it entirely reliant on me. With that said I can guarantee you that there is no single person that has done more to increase the value of IOTA than the person you are vacuously attacking just now.

This will be my last reply to you as it is beyond obvious that you are either really just a troll or delusional and think that you somehow owe me and CfB because you bought some product we developed. And just to prove my point again: I am willing to reimburse you for the IOTAs you purchased so that I can have them in my possession instead if you truly believe the drivel that you spew.
iotatoken (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 09:18:54 PM

This has nothing to do with control of anything. Just a lack of respect you show to people who are helping "your vision" (as you put it). I've been happy to wait on both JINN and IOTA (delays are not my problem with these projects) - neither is control.  

I respect everyone that bought IOTA or JINN in good faith without a hidden agenda of just pump and dumping it. Like I just said earlier I consider over 90% of people to be in this group. But there are still countless people that try to profit from false rumours and speculation (many of which don't even hold IOTA), to which I can only be extremely blunt in reply. You should not take it personally, there are several hundred holders (and speculator non-holders), I cannot keep track of each and every one of you and your intention, but when you ad hominemly attack me on false grounds I will respond back, and it won't be in the most polite tone. But I have never ever shown a lack of respect for anyone who is helping us and our vision and I am sorry if you have misinterpreted it this way.

3) I'm sorry I have not participated in the testing (RYVER) - I am part of many projects and real life responsibilities which require time. As I helped fund the project, I imagined it would not be too much to ask that you actually tested the product without my help. I'm glad others are helping where they can, but find this disconnect and tone you take on this very issue part of your problem as a leader for this project. That you can't accept that we are not in the same position regarding this matter (and that you can't acknowledge that us having funded you is part of this dynamic) is troubling.

I never said I expected you to test the product you purchased, but you claimed you were eagerly awaiting it so I don't think it's unreasonable to then  bring up that you could indeed already have begun testing your software purchase if you were very eager.

For (hopefully) the last time: I have only addressed the people who are speculating without doing anything, because this goes beyond what we, the creators and sellers of IOTA, has as responsibility. I have seen this sort of speculation ruin other great projects including Nxt and increasingly Bitcoin itself. Just go over to /r/bitcoin and see how far the project has fallen due to it being comprised of mainly speculation and very little progress or activism anymore. I don't want IOTA to fall into this category ever if I can prevent it, this is why I take the approach I take, but I'm not omnipotent. Ethereum has a great community in this regard they focus 95% on adoption and use-cases and tend to look down on speculation, because the value will come automatically as long as the rest is in place.

I also reject the claim that I don't take any responsibility as leader, again if you were in Ryver/kept a closer eye on what I've actually done you would know that most of the things that have happened in IOTA thus far is due to my initiation. But I don't want IOTA to become dependent on me for IOTA's sake. I want IOTA to prosper as a self-sustaining community, which I am quite confident it will.

And if you missed it in my last cointelegraph interview couple weeks back: I personally thank every single one who bought IOTA, including you.

Now enough drama for today, I'd like to again encourage everyone to check out http://www.iotevents.org and www.meetup.com/topics/internet-of-things/ to see if there's an event in your vicinity which we can enlighten about IOTA.

rtrtcrypto

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 09:31:38 PM

Thank you for the already improved tone. I (honestly) appreciate that.
Let's move on, agreed. I continue to support the project.
Good luck.

This has nothing to do with control of anything. Just a lack of respect you show to people who are helping "your vision" (as you put it). I've been happy to wait on both JINN and IOTA (delays are not my problem with these projects) - neither is control.  

I respect everyone that bought IOTA or JINN in good faith without a hidden agenda of just pump and dumping it. Like I just said earlier I consider over 90% of people to be in this group. But there are still countless people that try to profit from false rumours and speculation (many of which don't even hold IOTA), to which I can only be extremely blunt in reply. You should not take it personally, there are several hundred holders (and speculator non-holders), I cannot keep track of each and every one of you and your intention, but when you ad hominemly attack me on false grounds I will respond back, and it won't be in the most polite tone. But I have never ever shown a lack of respect for anyone who is helping us and our vision and I am sorry if you have misinterpreted it this way.

I never said I expected you to test the product you purchased, but you claimed you were eagerly awaiting it so I don't think it's unreasonable to then  bring up that you could indeed already have begun testing your software purchase if you were very eager.

For (hopefully) the last time: I have only addressed the people who are speculating without doing anything, because this goes beyond what we, the creators and sellers of IOTA, has as responsibility. I have seen this sort of speculation ruin other great projects including Nxt and increasingly Bitcoin itself. Just go over to /r/bitcoin and see how far the project has fallen due to it being comprised of mainly speculation and very little progress or activism anymore. I don't want IOTA to fall into this category ever if I can prevent it, this is why I take the approach I take, but I'm not omnipotent. Ethereum has a great community in this regard they focus 95% on adoption and use-cases and tend to look down on speculation, because the value will come automatically as long as the rest is in place.

I also reject the claim that I don't take any responsibility as leader, again if you were in Ryver/kept a closer eye on what I've actually done you would know that most of the things that have happened in IOTA thus far is due to my initiation. But I don't want IOTA to become dependent on me for IOTA's sake. I want IOTA to prosper as a self-sustaining community, which I am quite confident it will.

And if you missed it in my last cointelegraph interview couple weeks back: I personally thank every single one who bought IOTA, including you.

Now enough drama for today, I'd like to again encourage everyone to check out http://www.iotevents.org and www.meetup.com/topics/internet-of-things/ to see if there's an event in your vicinity which we can enlighten about IOTA.
bubble789

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:43:55 PM

well just some feedback here,
i remember reading David spitting the f word a few posts back and saying the word "bs" just a few posts up. my opinion is that the main represetative (for now at least until iota catches on and has better participation) of a project should stay neutral with his tone. don't be emotional and don't be rude (not even to trolls).
coldmoldy

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:50:30 PM

well just some feedback here,
i remember reading David spitting the f word a few posts back and saying the word "bs" just a few posts up. my opinion is that the main represetative (for now at least until iota catches on and has better participation) of a project should stay neutral with his tone. don't be emotional and don't be rude (not even to trolls).

Agreed. I think every aspect of this project has been professional and well run except for the occasional lapse in calm temperament and tone, which is very important for the image of the project.
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: