Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:37:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA Crowdsale  (Read 182670 times)
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 05:03:08 AM

Just checked the last couple of pages, the website, and the front page of this thread, but the information available seems rather thin.
Other than the whitepaper, is there any reading material of substance available for one to get familiar with IOTA? Perhaps a git repository, or a beta client, or... something? Thanks!

Ask for an invite to Ryver from the IOTA rep. lots going on.

Not everyone wants to join Ryver though, so it's important that all updates and information are posted here as well.

For sure. But to be honest, those that do not even care to enter a chat are most likely not the ones that have true intention for their IOTA tokens. Rest assured I am sure the community will continue to keep the threads alive here on BTT, that is always the case. We are setting up a stand-alone forum for IOTA and will continue to use Ryver for chat. Ryver UX is not as good as Slack, but Slack is too expensive for thousands of users, so if UX of Ryver does not improve we'll move over to RocketChat.

Right now people should rather focus on meet-ups, events and use-cases instead of relying on us doing everything.

I am sorry but that's not how it works. We have had the information that beta is 'soon' and GUI 'in days' and it's getting frankly a little annoying. Without a functioning client and launch do you really want us to go to meetups with a whitepaper and smile? We need at least a Beta with GUI client to be able to show something to people. When we have a client and a testnet I will happily drag people by the hair to check it out! Smiley

FOR RENT.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iotatoken (OP)

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:06:15 AM

Just checked the last couple of pages, the website, and the front page of this thread, but the information available seems rather thin.
Other than the whitepaper, is there any reading material of substance available for one to get familiar with IOTA? Perhaps a git repository, or a beta client, or... something? Thanks!

Not everyone wants to join Ryver though, so it's important that all updates and information are posted here as well.

For sure. But to be honest, those that do not even care to enter a chat are most likely not the ones that have true intention for their IOTA tokens. Rest assured I am sure the community will continue to keep the threads alive here on BTT, that is always the case. We are setting up a stand-alone forum for IOTA and will continue to use Ryver for chat. Ryver UX is not as good as Slack, but Slack is too expensive for thousands of users, so if UX of Ryver does not improve we'll move over to RocketChat.

Right now people should rather focus on meet-ups, events and use-cases instead of relying on us doing everything.

I am sorry but that's not how it works. We have had the information that beta is 'soon' and GUI 'in days' and it's getting frankly a little annoying. Without a functioning client and launch do you really want us to go to meetups with a whitepaper and smile? We need at least a Beta with GUI client to be able to show something to people. When we have a client and a testnet I will happily drag people by the hair to check it out! Smiley

It is indeed how it works. The features of IOTA has been known since day 1, we've already presented the vision of IOTA successfully in front of 200+ people, we're already bringing on board people who want to use it. They don't need a GUI to understand the concept and usage of IOTA, just like people did not need Ethereum to start working on projects for it.

The beta + GUI will be a really nice way for people to use IOTA in terms of sending transactions etc. but it wont magically make people think up use cases they can't already think up and start work on.

As for ETA annoying, welcome to the world of development. As we stated we outsourced the GUI and so we can't really do anything to boost it up other than provide them with input.
So yes, I am genuinely suggesting that more people start approaching companies (personally I'm in touch with over 15) that may have use of IOTA instead of just waiting around for GUI.

btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 06:18:30 AM

As for ETA annoying, welcome to the world of development. As we stated we outsourced the GUI and so we can't really do anything to boost it up other than provide them with input.

Seems like you didn't talk about any timeframes with them and it's a bit strange... If they do the job for a money, and if they're professionals, there's got to be some timeframes.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
iotatoken (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:27:04 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2016, 06:41:53 AM by iotatoken

Seems like you didn't talk about any timeframes with them and it's a bit strange... If they do the job for a money, and if they're professionals, there's got to be some timeframes.

Of course we did, it's a highly reputable design firm from San Francisco. And due to this we actually had an unexpected delay due to international wiretransfer being stuck for days before work could even commence. But timeframes is flexible when you work on GUI due to the nature of iterations. You provide a rough idea, wireframes are put together, you review them and give pointers, new wireframes are drawn, eventually you greenlight them, then the next stage is design draft, then redraft after input, then another draft, then another input etc. Then animation, same process, then coding, similar issues there and then finally connecting back-end to front-end.  We're now at the stage where I've given a clean 'go ahead'.

Richard1972x

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 08:16:46 AM

Of course we did, it's a highly reputable design firm from San Francisco. And due to this we actually had an unexpected delay due to international wiretransfer being stuck for days before work could even commence. But timeframes is flexible when you work on GUI due to the nature of iterations. You provide a rough idea, wireframes are put together, you review them and give pointers, new wireframes are drawn, eventually you greenlight them, then the next stage is design draft, then redraft after input, then another draft, then another input etc. Then animation, same process, then coding, similar issues there and then finally connecting back-end to front-end.  We're now at the stage where I've given a clean 'go ahead'.

"go ahead" sounds good. Would be great if it would be possible to make a Beta-Release in February.
Looking forward for it.

tangleNinja

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 10:39:56 AM

I kind of hope the GUI is not too awesome, like iotatoken.com overdid all the canvas background stuff.... cant even scroll fluidly on an quad-core Atom 1,44 GHz
AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:28:59 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2016, 05:51:11 PM by AltcoinScamfinder

It is indeed how it works. The features of IOTA has been known since day 1, we've already presented the vision of IOTA successfully in front of 200+ people, we're already bringing on board people who want to use it. They don't need a GUI to understand the concept and usage of IOTA, just like people did not need Ethereum to start working on projects for it.

The beta + GUI will be a really nice way for people to use IOTA in terms of sending transactions etc. but it wont magically make people think up use cases they can't already think up and start work on.

So yes, I am genuinely suggesting that more people start approaching companies (personally I'm in touch with over 15) that may have use of IOTA instead of just waiting around for GUI.

I didn't mean it as an insult, just that I would love better communicated schedules. Now that we have graphics artists etc. Can we have a deadline for Beta client with GUI? Even if it's one week, or two weeks I personally would just like a date when it will be released.

FOR RENT.
iotatoken (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:40:20 PM

Like I have stated several times: it's just impossible to estimate when you rely on outsourced work if they don't stick to their own estimates.

AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:26:28 PM

Like I have stated several times: it's just impossible to estimate when you rely on outsourced work if they don't stick to their own estimates.

But how is that a contract? Who has ever written a contract without a due date?

FOR RENT.
iotatoken (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:28:35 PM

Anyone in software development, especially where design is involved. We got an agreed upon timeline, but like I explained earlier there are unique issues when you deal with iterations. If the first iteration is good to go, great then it'll take the minimum amount of time, if not and it ends up being 2-3-4-5 iterations it suddenly takes 3-4 more days. But yes, I have communicated to them explicitly that there is a sensitive time element (since day 1), so they are very much aware of my (and the community's) growing impatience.

AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:32:10 PM

Anyone in software development, especially where design is involved. We got an agreed upon timeline, but like I explained earlier there are unique issues when you deal with iterations. If the first iteration is good to go, great then it'll take the minimum amount of time, if not and it ends up being 2-3-4-5 iterations it suddenly takes 3-4 more days. But yes, I have communicated to them explicitly that there is a sensitive time element (since day 1), so they are very much aware of my (and the community's) growing impatience.

Ok, I can get on board with that. I guess it's a little different when you don't have a clear framework or design and changes happen along the way. God Speed, let's hope we see it soon.

FOR RENT.
iotatoken (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:33:35 PM

Ok, I can get on board with that. I guess it's a little different when you don't have a clear framework or design and changes happen along the way. God Speed, let's hope we see it soon.

Agreed. The good thing is that in the meantime we are doing the testing and optimization that we would regardless, so in terms of actual tech nothing is being delayed.

AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:04:40 PM

Agreed. The good thing is that in the meantime we are doing the testing and optimization that we would regardless, so in terms of actual tech nothing is being delayed.

Kickass, can't wait to test it out when it ships.

FOR RENT.
Fullhd

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:23:21 PM

I kind of hope the GUI is not too awesome, like iotatoken.com overdid all the canvas background stuff.... cant even scroll fluidly on an quad-core Atom 1,44 GHz

Smiley I was trying to run it on my 1ghz Odroid, that was fun.

I'm confident that Sergey and David will release good software. Due to the delay its possible, that the price of iota will suffer a bit, but good development needs time.

iotatoken (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 01:02:40 AM

Smiley I was trying to run it on my 1ghz Odroid, that was fun.

I'm confident that Sergey and David will release good software. Due to the delay its possible, that the price of iota will suffer a bit, but good development needs time.

Trust me, the price will *not* suffer. Pay attention to the news that will be released in the coming week and you'll see why;) We'll launch the official blog and forum of IOTA in the coming week with a lot of interesting news, so don't worry about price or development taking a blow. It's hard to communicate, but the GUI is just that; GUI, it has nothing to do with IOTA as a technology.

Tobo

Activity: 763

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 02:12:23 AM

First, we all (maybe most of us) on the same boat. Everyone can help and should help to make IOTA a success (to be adopted by the real world business). Regarding the attitude, I want to borrow JFK's words - "Don't ask what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country."

Secondly, from my observation and experience in dealing business issues with David, I think he is a fine CEO and a sharp businessman, especially for a startup. You all should not worry too much about his attribute to trolls. What would you do when trolls trash you and your efforts? Not many people can offer their left cheeks after their right cheeks get slapped.  

msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 03:37:18 PM

Trust me, the price will *not* suffer. Pay attention to the news that will be released in the coming week and you'll see why;) We'll launch the official blog and forum of IOTA in the coming week with a lot of interesting news, so don't worry about price or development taking a blow. It's hard to communicate, but the GUI is just that; GUI, it has nothing to do with IOTA as a technology.

I think it would be a great idea to bring someone on board that can maintain/update the UI after it's been finished by the design firm.  That way you don't have to rely on a 3rd party to fix small bugs, etc..  I'm sure you've already thought about that.  Also, in terms of use cases, should we be thinking of projects that the Iota team can develop or more broad range use cases that involve corporations, etc?  I have some ideas for simple web bases use cases.
AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 12:37:45 AM

First, we all (maybe most of us) on the same boat. Everyone can help and should help to make IOTA a success (to be adopted by the real world business). Regarding the attitude, I want to borrow JFK's words - "Don't ask what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country."

Secondly, from my observation and experience in dealing business issues with David, I think he is a fine CEO and a sharp businessman, especially for a startup. You all should not worry too much about his attribute to trolls. What would you do when trolls trash you and your efforts? Not many people can offer their left cheeks after their right cheeks get slapped.  

As soon as we have a GUI and functional send/receive I know people that will want to try it out, and I will be happy to attend IOT conferences. Seriously excited for the possibilities!

FOR RENT.
marilyn4325

Activity: 229
Merit: 134

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 11:40:20 AM

You provide a rough idea, wireframes are put together, you review them and give pointers, new wireframes are drawn, eventually you greenlight them, then the next stage is design draft, then redraft after input, then another draft, then another input etc.
Could you post some of the wireframes or their design drafts? Might be useful for you as well, because in my experience it is always a good idea to show and ask the actual users of a product the GUI before programming it, they might even like it Grin
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:44:16 PM

You provide a rough idea, wireframes are put together, you review them and give pointers, new wireframes are drawn, eventually you greenlight them, then the next stage is design draft, then redraft after input, then another draft, then another input etc.
Could you post some of the wireframes or their design drafts? Might be useful for you as well, because in my experience it is always a good idea to show and ask the actual users of a product the GUI before programming it, they might even like it Grin

I prefer to keep silence and then to start ringing all the bells at once.
David said that a lot of iota news will be coming week.
Let's wait a little bit more.
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: