Bitcoin Forum
November 17, 2019, 08:00:24 AM *
News: 10th anniversary art contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 ... 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 [375] 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 ... 534 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - PROOF OF STAKE - ZEROCOIN  (Read 744698 times)
rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:46:49 PM

A reminder about Dash or its clones...

Dash has a 2 tier network (masternodes). Decred has a 1 tier network. With Decred, your coins are locked after purchasing tickets (voting rights) (constraining the supply).  With Dash, you can sell a masternode at any time.  With Decred, anyone can vote / participate.  With Dash, only the wealthy can participate.  With Decred, upgrades are precoded into the chain.  The chain automatically switches to the upgrades after a successful "yes" vote.  With Dash, the developers must then code the upgrade after the vote and hope everyone switches.  Decred is a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO), designed from the ground up.  It has a unique consensus system (which makes an "ethereum classic situation" extremely unlikely), is self funding, and is written from scratch in Golang by very well respected bitcoin developers (BTC Suite)

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Plus, you forgot to mention Zerocoin based coins are not trustless.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin Forum is turning 10 years old! Join the community in sharing and exploring the notable posts made over the years.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1026

Fun of WINBIX sales system winbix.io

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:50:26 PM

Now and I got my information's right about how staking/POS works, I'm curious to understand how this coin won't lose value If there is no maximum supply and people will be able to keep generating it forever? An infinite amount of coins won't make the value of the coin so small logically as It's based on supply and demand?

▃▆█▀███████████████████▆
  ████████
█████████████████████▄
 █████████████
██████████████████▌
█████████████████
▀███████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████
█████████████████████
▄██████████
█████████████████
▄██████████████
██████████████
▄██████████████████
████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████
▀██████████████████
██████████████████
▀██████████████
██████████████████████▄
▀█████████
█████████████████████
▄███████████
█████████████████
▄▄██████████████
 ████████████
▄▄█████████████████▌
  ███████
▄████████████████████▀
    ▀█
▄██████████████████████▀
`▄▄``````▄``````▄▄``▄▄```▄`````````▄````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```````▄```▄`````````▄
 ██     ███     ██  ██   ██▄      ▐█▌  ▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀██    ▐█   ██▌     ▄██
 ▐█▌   ▐███▌   ██   ██   ████     ▐█▌  ▐█       ██   ▐█    ▀██   ██
  ██   ██ ██   ██   ██   █▌ ▀█▄   ▐█▌  ▐█      ▄██   ▐█      ██▄██
   ██ ▐█▀ ▀█▌ ██    ██   █▌   ██  ▐█▌  ▐█    ████    ▐█       ███
   ▐█▄██   ██▄█▌    ██   █▌    ██▄▐█▌  ▐█       ▐██  ▐█     ▄█▀ ██
    ███     ███     ██   █▌      ███▌  ▐█       ▄██  ▐█    ██    ▀██
     ██     ██▌     ██   █▌       ██▌  ▐█  ███████   ▐█  ▐█▌       ██

S A L E S   S Y S T E M

▄██
           ▄████           ▄▄
         ▄███▐██        ▄████
▄██████████  ▐██    ▄████▀
███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▐██    ▀█▀
███          ▐██
███``````````▐██````██████████
███          ▐██
██████████   ▐██    ██▄
        ▀███▄▐██     ▀████▄
          ▀█████        ▀████▌
            ▀███

▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
        ███▀▀███
     ▄█▀        ▀█▄
   ▄█              █▄
  ██     ▄████▄     ▀█
 ██     ▐█ ▐█ ▐▀     ▐█
▐█       ▀▀███▄       █▌
▐▌``````▐▄`▐█`█▌```````▄
▐█       ▀▀██▀▀       █▌
 ▀█                  ██
   ▀█▄            ▄█▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀

Telegram
Whitepaper
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:52:45 PM

Now and I got my information's right about how staking/POS works, I'm curious to understand how this coin won't lose value If there is no maximum supply and people will be able to keep generating it forever? An infinite amount of coins won't make the value of the coin so small logically as It's based on supply and demand?

maybe community can vote to make finite supply ?

EDIT ::: oh no.. this is POS, it need to generating coin forever.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
Assman

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:21:59 PM

Block rewards are still winding down but in 2018 and beyond, only 2.5million will be minted per year which will providing a steady but SLIGHTLY decreasing amount of inflation

rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:26:27 PM

Additionally,  if you understand how zerocoin works.. its not trustless.   The creators could just keep making more for themselves.

Do your research.
Rvinda23

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:30:37 PM

If we are talking in timescales of months and years, rather than decades or centuries, the difference between a POS coin with decreasing inflation and a coin with finite supply is small, if not negligible. What's more relevant, from an inflation perspective, is the immediate and future supply of minted coins over the investment horizon specified.

That being said, the inflation/supply cap discussion is largely irrelevant in the context of the price volatility at this early stage in the life cycle of most cryptocurrencies. Only in extreme cases such as Dogecoin should that be considered an issue, if you are looking to hold for several years.

A small but continuous rate of inflation is arguably a desirable property of a currency in the long run and there are question marks over the long term viability of a coin with a hard supply cap in terms of it's use case as a currency and it's long term sustainability as an investment. For example, with coins that have a supply cap, there may eventually reach a threshold at which the costs of mining outweigh the returns to be gained from the diminishing block reward.

I think that the discussion around coinflation/coin supply perhaps carries too much weight in the decision making process behind whether to invest in XYZ coin and in most cases you'd be best served to ignore concerns about this and focus on the underlying technology, the community and the development team behind the coin.
hamzatu

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:17:22 PM

There appears to be still bugs in the wallet.

1. Installed new wallet and blockchain.

2. Closed the wallet and added "staking=1" to the .conf file.

3. Opened wallet then encrypted the wallet.

---Indefinite hang on the wallet

Maybe should encrypt the wallet before editing the .conf file. Will try again that way.

Feature request

1. Please make a lite wallet
MostlyGhostly

Activity: 270
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:51:07 PM

U can't lose something if u don't have it. How it plunge while being worthless? What u are talking about makes no sense, cryptos are deflationary currencies, unlimited supply poses no threat to the value as long as the amount of minable coins auto-adjusts in accordance with the difficulty which is inversely proportional to the quantity of miners.
max8888

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:32:29 AM

due to poor distribution a few people (probably devs) in an atemp to hold the price down to make it look more attractive to polonex yesterday ,,, have destroyed the price upward momentum and faith. in what could only be described as a child having a temper tantrum I watched as 10's of thousands worth of pivx was flung into high buy pressure at the 15 - 16 range . 5 - 20 btc walls were placed as every time the price lowered, more endless mini dumps ensued. any discussion of this coin being evenly distributed should be met with hysterical laughter . I get it you all had dreams of having access to polonex's large trade volume, as that becomes more and more unlikely ,, the dirty little secret about this coin , is going to get dumped all over unsuspecting investors ,, how much they own is anybody's speculation ,,, but from what I seen last night with the utterly wasteful and ridiculously large walls and dumps leads me to believe polonex is very wise not to add this coin

be honest dev what percent you guys got ,, at this point I think is well above 30

PS happy trading back in the 14's everybody
a20756079

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:35:01 AM

the coin is like a breath of fresh air.ye

berron

Activity: 716
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:48:29 AM

expect panic sells today as the coins second failure to breach the $1 mark becomes evident today.  second downward trend followed by panic sales as the market wakes.
With Monday and hypothetical Polo addition and Chinese market PR campaign start?? Not very sure about that, most probable scenario plain day in my opinion.

Salute

polo addition unlikely due to wallets built in bittrex trading api ,,,, chinese markets started the downward trend. in my opinion price will take a hard fall today on the apparent 2nd failure of breaching the 1 dollar mark
due to poor distribution a few people (probably devs) in an atemp to hold the price down to make it look more attractive to polonex yesterday ,,, have destroyed the price upward momentum and faith. in what could only be described as a child having a temper tantrum I watched as 10's of thousands worth of pivx was flung into high buy pressure at the 15 - 16 range . 5 - 20 btc walls were placed as every time the price lowered, more endless mini dumps ensued. any discussion of this coin being evenly distributed should be met with hysterical laughter . I get it you all had dreams of having access to polonex's large trade volume, as that becomes more and more unlikely ,, the dirty little secret about this coin , is going to get dumped all over unsuspecting investors ,, how much they own is anybody's speculation ,,, but from what I seen last night with the utterly wasteful and ridiculously large walls and dumps leads me to believe polonex is very wise not to add this coin

be honest dev what percent you guys got ,, at this point I think is well above 30

Hope you continue being so good at your predictions.
Salute

Beware with ENT, shaddy things happen when try to mine it...
max8888

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:56:30 AM

expect panic sells today as the coins second failure to breach the $1 mark becomes evident today.  second downward trend followed by panic sales as the market wakes.
With Monday and hypothetical Polo addition and Chinese market PR campaign start?? Not very sure about that, most probable scenario plain day in my opinion.

Salute

polo addition unlikely due to wallets built in bittrex trading api ,,,, chinese markets started the downward trend. in my opinion price will take a hard fall today on the apparent 2nd failure of breaching the 1 dollar mark

Salute

on April 4th I was right look at the charts dummy Wink

hahaha made them pump Tongue
robzxxx

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 05:20:27 AM

we need a big market exchange more than trex
joeydangerous

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 05:28:26 AM

we need a big market exchange more than trex
I don't know, the price may go down because the coins are all spreading around exchanges.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 05:36:50 AM

Pivx price rises too fast, i think price correction should happen if this is a healthy price discovery.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
berron

Activity: 716
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:14:54 AM

Salute

Salute

on April 4th I was right look at the charts dummy Wink

hahaha made them pump Tongue
There was no hard fall, except if you are a very weak hand. Day was plain. If you are so smart you should have got tens of BTC with PIVx. Why so much concern? :p
Ah, do you made anything eñse here that troll PIVx and Strats threads? Very sad and boring life even for a loser.

Beware with ENT, shaddy things happen when try to mine it...
Zontop

Activity: 854
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:20:11 AM

If was a tiny reflection of the appreciation of Bitcoin's market increase where both some weak hands and some day trader shortlisted their holdings on temporarily. We will see those people coming back to the market with more profit for new spike in the market. This may be called correction at the same time with current prices.
sikth

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:25:48 AM

what do you guys think will happen, if PIVX won't be listet on Polo?
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1680

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 09:02:47 AM

what do you guys think will happen, if PIVX won't be listet on Polo?

can you take a walk outside to the park or something , if you have a dog walk it, enjoy the sunshine, its beautiful out there!

new upcoming awesome coin

the Gulden Coin: GKWHEPx3rQyPnbgQUSHu8gtgoRCgpqed1j
free-bit.co.in

Activity: 1036
Merit: 519

Free Crypto in Stake.com Telegram t.me/StakeCasino

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 09:20:34 AM

Can somebody explain me why PIVX wouldn't be listed on Poloniex? Thanks! Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 [375] 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 ... 534 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.