Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:05:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - PROOF OF STAKE - ZEROCOIN  (Read 782153 times)
kbhutto

Activity: 1274
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 07:31:40 PM

Net Hashrate: 4,640.54 MH/s

Supernova: 94.05 MH/s

GCPOOL: 0.076 MH/s

Coin-Sever: 2.39 MH/s

NOMP: 0 MH/s

So majority are mining solo or there is some other pool?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 07:32:56 PM

I will look into CoinMarketCap

As for the issues with multiple Masternodes on one IP, That was never supposed to happen, we have fixed it now. They will be banned.We are activating Reward Enforcement soon, Please update your wallets, masternodes etc or your wallet will get kicked from the network when we do.
how much time left to update? i read 48h earlier.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
4x13 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 09:29:19 PM

I will look into CoinMarketCap

As for the issues with multiple Masternodes on one IP, That was never supposed to happen, we have fixed it now. They will be banned.We are activating Reward Enforcement soon, Please update your wallets, masternodes etc or your wallet will get kicked from the network when we do.
how much time left to update? i read 48h earlier.

We will be turning on Reward Enforcement at approx. 5pm PST on the 12th
userpacman1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:02:04 PM

Ok, so after that productive discussion, this is the proposal I have come up with.

Guarantee masternode bonus of 1.25-1.5x (or somewhere in between) as long as 2 conditions are met : the total amount of coins locked in masternodes is less than 50% of the entire current coin supply, AND less than 75% of the total number of coins that are ACTIVELY staking OR in masternodes.  

-The limit of 50% of the entire coin supply is to ensure that at least 50% of the total coins will remain liquid and/or staking to secure the blockchain.  At 10,000 DNET per masternode, that's gonna leave room for a network of well over 3,000 masternodes by the time PoW ends.  That is a hell of a lot of masternodes, so I wouldn't expect that limit to be reached anytime soon.  There will be plenty of time and room for newcomers to be able to secure a masternode at the bonus rate for a long time to come.

-The limit of masternodes representing less than 75% of the actively staking coins + masternode coins is because the first condition I laid out would only potentially even begin to come into play YEARS down the road.  This second condition is designed to protect the network from getting too lopsided in the early days.  We all know that 100% of the coins will never be staking or in masternodes at any given time.  Not everyone runs their wallet to stake or masternode 24/7.  Some don't at all.  I felt it important to separate these into 2 conditions so that the limit could be higher than 50% if only active staking coins and masternodes are considered.  If participation in staking is too low and/or masternoders get overzealous, the 50% limit could be reached quickly and newcomers would be discouraged from investing, if we didn't have separate conditions for total coins and actively staking/masternode coins.  At the same time, a line in the sand has to be drawn somewhere and 75% sounded reasonable.

As far as rewards go, there will never be a set reward for staking or masternodes.  The rewards would change dynamically each block using the "seesaw" mechanism + comparing network weight to the theoretical weight of masternode coins as we discussed earlier.

I know it is intended for there to be a portion of each block allocated to developer budget but let's disregard that for now.  For the sake of the example, say the block reward is 100 total.  There are 1,000,000 coins actively staking and 500,000 coins in masternodes.  Say the masternode bonus is 1.5x.  The 500,000 coins locked in masternodes get multiplied by 1.5 to equal a theoretical weight of 750,000.  We add this to the actual network weight of 1,000,000 and get 1,750,000.  On this block, the staker will receive 1,000,000/1,750,000 x 100 = 57.14 DNET, and the masternode will receive 750,000/1,750,000 x 100 = 42.86 DNET.

It seems a little paradoxical at first, and I can already see newbies complaining "WTF?!?!?!   I set up a masternode and my reward lowered!?!??!?!", but I am pretty sure everyone that has been involved in this discussion so far understands that the masternode (in this example) is going to get rewards more often.  So even though each individual reward maybe smaller than the staker receives, the more frequent rewards will add up to 1.5x what the staker receives.

Rewards will follow this relatively simply calculation, UNLESS either of the first two conditions are not met.  In that case, the masternode bonus will begin to rapidly fall, even sub-1.0 if necessary to encourage some masternodes to shut off and stake instead.

I think that about sums it up.  The exact percentages and the masternode bonus can be debated, but I just wanted to pull all the ideas together into one cohesive straightforward post.  I think a reward schedule like this would be the most fair and balanced schedule we have ever seen in a PoS + masternode coin, IMO.

Is anyone here capable of coding such a proposal?
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:05:51 PM

Net Hashrate: 4,640.54 MH/s

Supernova: 94.05 MH/s

GCPOOL: 0.076 MH/s

Coin-Sever: 2.39 MH/s

NOMP: 0 MH/s

So majority are mining solo or there is some other pool?

hashpower.co picked it up and probably some other pools/multipools.

Solomining with ccminer (nvidia) doesn't work ("method not found" error) so probably only a few AMD miners are solomining.

Not your keys, not your coins!
4x13 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:24:54 PM

Ok, so after that productive discussion, this is the proposal I have come up with.

Guarantee masternode bonus of 1.25-1.5x (or somewhere in between) as long as 2 conditions are met : the total amount of coins locked in masternodes is less than 50% of the entire current coin supply, AND less than 75% of the total number of coins that are ACTIVELY staking OR in masternodes.  

-The limit of 50% of the entire coin supply is to ensure that at least 50% of the total coins will remain liquid and/or staking to secure the blockchain.  At 10,000 DNET per masternode, that's gonna leave room for a network of well over 3,000 masternodes by the time PoW ends.  That is a hell of a lot of masternodes, so I wouldn't expect that limit to be reached anytime soon.  There will be plenty of time and room for newcomers to be able to secure a masternode at the bonus rate for a long time to come.

-The limit of masternodes representing less than 75% of the actively staking coins + masternode coins is because the first condition I laid out would only potentially even begin to come into play YEARS down the road.  This second condition is designed to protect the network from getting too lopsided in the early days.  We all know that 100% of the coins will never be staking or in masternodes at any given time.  Not everyone runs their wallet to stake or masternode 24/7.  Some don't at all.  I felt it important to separate these into 2 conditions so that the limit could be higher than 50% if only active staking coins and masternodes are considered.  If participation in staking is too low and/or masternoders get overzealous, the 50% limit could be reached quickly and newcomers would be discouraged from investing, if we didn't have separate conditions for total coins and actively staking/masternode coins.  At the same time, a line in the sand has to be drawn somewhere and 75% sounded reasonable.

As far as rewards go, there will never be a set reward for staking or masternodes.  The rewards would change dynamically each block using the "seesaw" mechanism + comparing network weight to the theoretical weight of masternode coins as we discussed earlier.

I know it is intended for there to be a portion of each block allocated to developer budget but let's disregard that for now.  For the sake of the example, say the block reward is 100 total.  There are 1,000,000 coins actively staking and 500,000 coins in masternodes.  Say the masternode bonus is 1.5x.  The 500,000 coins locked in masternodes get multiplied by 1.5 to equal a theoretical weight of 750,000.  We add this to the actual network weight of 1,000,000 and get 1,750,000.  On this block, the staker will receive 1,000,000/1,750,000 x 100 = 57.14 DNET, and the masternode will receive 750,000/1,750,000 x 100 = 42.86 DNET.

It seems a little paradoxical at first, and I can already see newbies complaining "WTF?!?!?!   I set up a masternode and my reward lowered!?!??!?!", but I am pretty sure everyone that has been involved in this discussion so far understands that the masternode (in this example) is going to get rewards more often.  So even though each individual reward maybe smaller than the staker receives, the more frequent rewards will add up to 1.5x what the staker receives.

Rewards will follow this relatively simply calculation, UNLESS either of the first two conditions are not met.  In that case, the masternode bonus will begin to rapidly fall, even sub-1.0 if necessary to encourage some masternodes to shut off and stake instead.

I think that about sums it up.  The exact percentages and the masternode bonus can be debated, but I just wanted to pull all the ideas together into one cohesive straightforward post.  I think a reward schedule like this would be the most fair and balanced schedule we have ever seen in a PoS + masternode coin, IMO.

Yes, when we decide on the final specs, we will make it happen.. Smiley
StakeBox

Activity: 226

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 10:29:04 PM

Yeah, SockPuppetAccount pretty well summed up what the plan is. The percent of coins locked up in Masternodes vs. staking is still to be determined, as well as the rewards for Masternodes vs. staking. Other than that I think what he laid out is more or less where the consensus is. In the next day or 2 we will be submitting a few more proposals for voting, probably going to break things up into separate proposals to make it easier to vote yea for the things you like and nay for those you don't with out having to reject or accept things as a whole.

Low power dedicated staking hardware, learn more at StakeBox.com
Raspberry Pi wallets at github.com/StakeBox
Hyperjacked
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 02:35:39 AM

Not sure why I have the Crave flashbacks...just picked up some!  Wink

@Hyperjacked1 Twitter
userpacman1

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 12:38:16 PM

Yes, when we decide on the final specs, we will make it happen.. Smiley

Cool, glad to hear that. We have plenty of time to decide final specs/rates but it's important the idea behind that being practically "codable" !
4x13 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 05:08:04 PM

We have spoken with a VPS Hosting company to come up with a Low Cost Masternode Option for Darknet. When you Purchase your Node Hosting, it will come with Darknet Daemons pre-installed so all you have to do is configure your darknet.conf file with your random rpcuser/rpcpassword and your masternode key.. Smiley

$1.50 a month is an Excellent deal

http://my.mp-hosting.co.uk/cart.php?gid=8
userpacman1

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 06:26:59 PM

We have spoken with a VPS Hosting company to come up with a Low Cost Masternode Option for Darknet. When you Purchase your Node Hosting, it will come with Darknet Daemons pre-installed so all you have to do is configure your darknet.conf file with your random rpcuser/rpcpassword and your masternode key.. Smiley

Nice idea! What kind of payment is accepted?
pjcltd
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 06:29:09 PM

Nice idea! What kind of payment is accepted?
Hi we take btc
4x13 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 06:39:27 PM

yep, I only promote Services that accept Crypto as a payment option!!
meadefreling

Activity: 210

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 06:50:29 PM

Hurray. i like this but what is the minimum amount to use for the masternode on this vps? what is the payment cycle? I am not a tech guy can someone help me with the configuration?

4x13 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 06:58:10 PM

Hey Guys, There are still 30 Masternodes running on the old wallet, as well as people using the same Public IP's for multiple Masternodes, Loopback address's for Masternodes.

Please be aware that these Masternodes will no longer work at 5pm this afternoon.. (6 hours from now).
4x13 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 07:00:10 PM

Hurray. i like this but what is the minimum amount to use for the masternode on this vps? what is the payment cycle? I am not a tech guy can someone help me with the configuration?
these will be a standard Masternode, not a Shared node. you will require 10k DNET, and need to configure your Controller wallet (The one that holds the coins) following the instructions on page 8 of this ANN.

You can pay monthly, 90 days, 6 months or yearly
incognitoworker

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 07:07:45 PM

That is a very nice price for hosting indeed.

For those unfamiliar with setting up all this, our hosting service is plug and play solution where we do everything for you.
Our prices are higher if you pay with BTC, but you also have the option to pay only based on what your node actually earns.

We also launched our Enterprise option, where you pay a flat monthly fee no matter how many nodes or POS wallets you host with us.
Our service an:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1355203.msg13795142#msg13795142

IW

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
4x13 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 07:12:33 PM

For those unfamiliar with setting up all this, our hosting service is plug and play solution where we do everything for you.
Our prices are higher if you pay with BTC, but you also have the option to pay only based on what your node actually earns.

We also launched our Enterprise option, where you pay a flat monthly fee no matter how many nodes or POS wallets you host with us.
Our service an:

IW

What is the cost of this unlimited Masternode option in btc??
incognitoworker

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 07:24:22 PM

Our service an:

IW

What is the cost of this unlimited Masternode option in btc??
Our intro offer is set at 0.5 BTC monthly, and will increase to 0.75-1 BTC monthly.
Unlimited within reason, as described in our ann.
Unlimited until we max out our capacity, at that point we either stop taking more clients or increase our hardware power.
We set a limit on 5 such packages atm, with the right to reduce or increase the number of Enterprice packages available.

DNET will require more resources than many other nodes due the clever limitations you implement, and is somehow a limiting factor of how many nodes could be run from same datacenters.
We hope that customers will spread their orders with several hosters, its more than enough nodes to host for all of us.

IW

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
4x13 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 07:33:52 PM

If someone were to host (50) Masternodes, it would cost $75 a month (.2 btc) with MP Hosting, .5 Bitcoin seems a bit steep. Good Luck.. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: