Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:46:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining coins save or sell it?  (Read 106756 times)
luciann

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 09:55:02 PM

if i were you i would definitely sell it all i think until i would make a return of investment for all those gadgets and electricity i would use during the mining process, in order to make it profitable

after that i would definitely keep all my bitcoins i mine in my cold storage and wait for some bigger prices, in my opinion thats the best option that you might actually do right now

Yeah saving for future is the best thing to do with bitcoins, as selling now is not profitable enough so if we hold now and sell at the time of halving then it can be more profitable.

Some people cant afford to hold it for that long though.

But yeah, the overall sense should be profitble in the long term scenario if the price cap increases based on the how many bought out there still left.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
co5hike

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 10:50:35 PM

if i were you i would definitely sell it all i think until i would make a return of investment for all those gadgets and electricity i would use during the mining process, in order to make it profitable

after that i would definitely keep all my bitcoins i mine in my cold storage and wait for some bigger prices, in my opinion thats the best option that you might actually do right now

Yeah saving for future is the best thing to do with bitcoins, as selling now is not profitable enough so if we hold now and sell at the time of halving then it can be more profitable.

But yeah, the overall sense should be profitble in the long term scenario if the price cap increases based on the how many bought out there still left.

we don't know what will be the price of bitcoin in future but lets hope that it will be better then present so at a moment its better to hold for next couple  of months.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 12:01:49 PM

we don't know what will be the price of bitcoin in future but lets hope that it will be better then present so at a moment its better to hold for next couple  of months.

Yeah truly the price of bitcoin will be seen around $800 to the minimum after halving takes place. 

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 05:16:06 PM

Yeah truly the price of bitcoin will be seen around $800 to the minimum after halving takes place. 

How can you say that. There is no guarantee the price will got to 800. Even with the halvign taking place i don't expect the price to go over 600 dollar.
This is a very very risky thing. Promising fake guarantees is bad.
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 05:33:32 PM

How can you say that. There is no guarantee the price will got to 800. Even with the halvign taking place i don't expect the price to go over 600 dollar.

Now you tell me how can you say that it won't go above $600? Anything is possible with bitcoin as no one knows what will be the price at the time of halving.
malphite

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 05:34:24 AM

So today I got rewarded btc through a mining contract I still had barter with awhile back.

And I gotta say, if you keep the coins the better. Halving, and all that btc price drama.  but I`m in a uniques position so I cant speak for most.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 11:01:38 AM

Now you tell me how can you say that it won't go above $600? Anything is possible with bitcoin as no one knows what will be the price at the time of halving.
Yeah sure there is price rise as you have stated. It is better to save the coins for future, if so you can be more benefited during halving. Also I wanna say if there is no great increase beyond $1k too you can expect the value to be more near.

KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 11:56:10 AM

Yeah sure there is price rise as you have stated. It is better to save the coins for future, if so you can be more benefited during halving. Also I wanna say if there is no great increase beyond $1k too you can expect the value to be more near.

Price rise will continue. As said truly its better to save earned bitcoin because over the coming years its expected to get very huge profit.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
peta4e

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:58:49 PM

Price rise will continue. As said truly its better to save earned bitcoin because over the coming years its expected to get very huge profit.

yes if we hold for next couple of months then we will see much higher price at the time of halving, so I am holding now and sell when the price reaches to the higher level.
Hashminers

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:21:35 PM

If I would be you I would hold them for a while till the end of this year because the halving is coming this year.
If the halving is not good this year you could than still sell and make profit so it would not be profit right ?
Akupuniard

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 09:56:00 PM

If I would be you I would hold them for a while till the end of this year because the halving is coming this year.
If the halving is not good this year you could than still sell and make profit so it would not be profit right ?

Halving is not 100% chanse to make money. Better to sell before it comes and try to make new bitcoins cause safty at the first point, thats what i am thinking.

Chrismeister

Activity: 465

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:08:40 AM

The best thing that you can do now is just hold your coins, you can have some profit later and that will be nice, because it can also be that the value will going down and that wont be good.
If you are selling now on this moment there is a chance that the value can rise after that and that will be not good for you, because we all want to make some huge profit with it.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 12:05:13 PM

Halving is not 100% chanse to make money. Better to sell before it comes and try to make new bitcoins cause safty at the first point, thats what i am thinking.
I disagree this, halving doesn't provide 100% chance, but makes 95% great price rise. Don't sell your coins now have it for halving you can get good amount.
AlexBits

Activity: 239

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 02:58:40 PM

Just holding is indeed good, you can also save it if you can make some profit with it but you must realize that it can be also more worth later in the future so you will have more money.
But the hardest thing is that you never know it from before so you should take some risks.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 03:03:39 PM

save for now, the demand seems great as if people pay with btc they even get discount Cheesy
stromma44

Activity: 952

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 04:11:57 PM

Mining doesn't seem to be profitable at a moment, but I think buying now and saving for future can be the right way to grow your bitcoin for future.
Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 05:20:11 PM

If you want to help increase the value of bitcoin, store/save it. But if you want to earn some coins then sell it but it affect the value of bitcoin because it will decrease the demand of it, making the bitcoin's value also decrease.
vendetahome

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 07:51:56 PM

i would definitely save it all in order to make some good money in the future because the price of the bitcoin will surely grow and make you more money than it would give you now

after a few decades when the price will be really high i would sell a part of it to make a return of investment and then keep on holding the part that would be left after that
Kalder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 10:45:11 AM

I do the mining of the altcoins. I sell most of the altcoin and convert into bitcoin. When the altcoin is low, I will buy back.

Piltover

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 12:34:39 PM

I would save them for later, its gonna be harder to mine in the future and the price is gonna rise because of the halving.
Selling would because of that not smart because you could make more profit if you hold them and wait till the price has been raised to a higher amount.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: