Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:24:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum mining still profitable?  (Read 131197 times)
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 08:13:23 AM

I think it depends if what GPU are you using if you have only low specs of GPU you can only earn cents per day.. now many people are mining ethereum so the rewards is decreasing and many people are buying more effective and high performance GPU and increase the GPU in there mining rig..
So if you have more GPU mining its still profitable..

That is right. If you have the old GPU like the 7970, the efficiency is low, it will become less profitable soon.

If it is RX480, it is more profitable.

if you want to buy new GPU, it will cost even more dollars. Reinvest for ETH mining is not that much worthy. At least old gpu will mine something without any investment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Raswild

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 08:16:30 AM

I think it depends if what GPU are you using if you have only low specs of GPU you can only earn cents per day.. now many people are mining ethereum so the rewards is decreasing and many people are buying more effective and high performance GPU and increase the GPU in there mining rig..

That is right. If you have the old GPU like the 7970, the efficiency is low, it will become less profitable soon.

if you want to buy new GPU, it will cost even more dollars. Reinvest for ETH mining is not that much worthy. At least old gpu will mine something without any investment.

Do you know any other coins worth mining more than the Ethereum? The Ethereum will become PoS in a few months.
Fulmand

Activity: 568
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 05:42:40 PM

Do you know any other coins worth mining more than the Ethereum? The Ethereum will become PoS in a few months.

I think the Ethereum is still the most profitable to mine for most people. The next good one could be the ZCash.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 08:52:01 PM

even 1 month ago, I was earning $1.5 from a single gpu. Today $1 is hard to earn. Still people are mining ethereum ?

It's still profitable for me on my AMD rigs - though the profitability has dropped about a quarter over the last couple months.

Profitability has dropped enough on my GTX 950 and GTX 960 based rigs that I dropped them from their "only intended to do it a short time to help pay for them" Ethereum mining to doing their originally intended purpose. I figure they probably paid for over half the cost of the video cards (I already HAD most of the rest of the hardware involved) over the course of the last couple months for the GTX 960s, and the GTX 950s are pretty much paid for as they were mining longer *AND* cost quite a bit less.

Those rigs *ARE* still profitable - it's just that the GPUs involved aren't very good for Ethereum, while they CAN do some other "more usefull" stuff while pulling in a fairly close profit level.

I'm debating seriously about building a few GTX 1070 based rigs - will probably mine with them for a while if I do, then shift to the same stuff I'm doing with the GTX 9xx rigs now, as the 1070 makes a TON more hashrate for not all that much more power. The questions there involve "they make more per watt, but they also COST a lot more per $ income" and I'm starting to push limits hard on both available cash AND available power.....

GTX 1070 is a MUCH better card for Ethereum mining overall than the GTX 1080 - very similar hashrate, same or lower power efficiency, FAR LESS COST.
 GTX 1080 kicks on gaming and certain other usages, but for Ethereum it's a waste of money.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Haidong Liang

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 12:07:30 PM

even 1 month ago, I was earning $1.5 from a single gpu. Today $1 is hard to earn. Still people are mining ethereum ?

It's still profitable for me on my AMD rigs - though the profitability has dropped about a quarter over the last couple months.

Profitability has dropped enough on my GTX 950 and GTX 960 based rigs that I dropped them from their "only intended to do it a short time to help pay for them" Ethereum mining to doing their originally intended purpose. I figure they probably paid for over half the cost of the video cards (I already HAD most of the rest of the hardware involved) over the course of the last couple months for the GTX 960s, and the GTX 950s are pretty much paid for as they were mining longer *AND* cost quite a bit less.

Those rigs *ARE* still profitable - it's just that the GPUs involved aren't very good for Ethereum, while they CAN do some other "more usefull" stuff while pulling in a fairly close profit level.

I'm debating seriously about building a few GTX 1070 based rigs - will probably mine with them for a while if I do, then shift to the same stuff I'm doing with the GTX 9xx rigs now, as the 1070 makes a TON more hashrate for not all that much more power. The questions there involve "they make more per watt, but they also COST a lot more per $ income" and I'm starting to push limits hard on both available cash AND available power.....

GTX 1070 is a MUCH better card for Ethereum mining overall than the GTX 1080 - very similar hashrate, same or lower power efficiency, FAR LESS COST.
 GTX 1080 kicks on gaming and certain other usages, but for Ethereum it's a waste of money.

I use the AMD 7970 cards. If I use the stock settings, it is not profitable for me. So I have to undervolt and underclock.
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 05:18:26 PM

I use the AMD 7970 cards. If I use the stock settings, it is not profitable for me. So I have to undervolt and underclock.

If you pay $0.3 /kWh, it will not be profitable to mine with old cards. We hope the Ethereum price to rise soon.
niksdt101

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 05:45:17 PM

where you got your 7970 ?? is it still in the market ? i heard with mod it is one of the best card now which give bang for the buck.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 05:50:31 PM

If you pay $0.3 /kWh, it will not be profitable to mine with old cards. We hope the Ethereum price to rise soon.
Why you choose low or old gpu card that we can use high specs gpu.. better to go in high speed gpu than choosing low specs because its really not profitable its waste of time if you are just using low specs.. better to invest in high speed gpu that you can earn even $3 daily or more..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Subw

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 06:23:19 PM

Quote from: Restmand
We hope the Ethereum price to rise soon.
Keep dreaming...
malekbaba
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 07:21:46 PM

I actually mine with 7950 AMD gpu and I really do not care about the price/hash coz I will only sell when I get enough profit. Price of ETH goes up and down. I do not stop mining and sell my coin at a good price and make some profit. hat is it
Kwiksave

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 07:26:00 AM

I actually mine with 7950 AMD gpu and I really do not care about the price/hash coz I will only sell when I get enough profit. Price of ETH goes up and down. I do not stop mining and sell my coin at a good price and make some profit. hat is it

Is your electricity over $0.25/kWh? If so, you might make some loss if you do not undercock.
I undervolt all my 7950.
malekbaba
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 08:23:44 AM

Is your electricity over $0.25/kWh? If so, you might make some loss if you do not undercock.
I undervolt all my 7950.

It is $0.125/kwh in my area. BTW how much hashes do you get after underclocking ?
Quesdana

Activity: 212
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 11:36:17 AM

I undervolt all my 7950.

It is $0.125/kwh in my area. BTW how much hashes do you get after underclocking ?

I have a AMD reference 7950, I under volt it to 0.881 V, the frequency is 795/1000MHz. The hash rate is about 13MH/s. I do not know the wattage.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 11:51:02 AM

I undervolt all my 7950.

I have a AMD reference 7950, I under volt it to 0.881 V, the frequency is 795/1000MHz. The hash rate is about 13MH/s. I do not know the wattage.

Set it to 0.950V and 950/1500 and dual mine SIA, you will get combined hashrate of 20MH/s and your efficiency will be the same.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Natuhant

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:56:45 AM

I undervolt all my 7950.

Set it to 0.950V and 950/1500 and dual mine SIA, you will get combined hashrate of 20MH/s and your efficiency will be the same.

Do you have the 7970? I have a few 7970 or 280x. I would llike to increase the efficiency as well. Shall I dual mine?
kim.apps

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 05:07:50 PM

It's not profitable for me anymore, the difficulty is too high to compensate. I am planning to get better equipment soon, but i'm not sure if I am going mine eth these days.
BTCBusinessConsult

Activity: 546

Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 05:12:18 PM

I generate about ~$4.50 a day mining Eth. Power consumption is about $0.45.

Profitable yes, super duper omg profitable, no.

Fun hobby tho.

But hey a ~90ish day RoI for GPU mining is ALOT better than a ~400 day RoI for the new S9 miners....  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

EPIC5k Trading on https://spectre.ai/?ref=PassiveIncome. Paying WEEKLY rewards in ETH since 2017. 100% FRAUD FREE Binary Trading Platform. $SXDT. Ask me about the ONLY smart options trading platform with 400% payouts, and their unique EPIC5000 trading system.
vavan1974muz

Activity: 840
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 06:54:33 PM

It's not profitable for me anymore, the difficulty is too high,I generate about ~$6.50 a day mining Eth.dwarfpool  Angry
BTCBusinessConsult

Activity: 546

Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 07:11:42 PM

It's not profitable for me anymore, the difficulty is too high,I generate about ~$6.50 a day mining Eth.dwarfpool  Angry

Holy hell, you must have some old gpus are the most expensive electricity in the world.

EPIC5k Trading on https://spectre.ai/?ref=PassiveIncome. Paying WEEKLY rewards in ETH since 2017. 100% FRAUD FREE Binary Trading Platform. $SXDT. Ask me about the ONLY smart options trading platform with 400% payouts, and their unique EPIC5000 trading system.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:47:57 AM

almost $200 net per month with a single rig is good enough, people tend to forget that a single rig should not produce so much, hell a single rig is beating the crap out of an s9 right now, be proud of it
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: