Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:18:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum mining still profitable?  (Read 131197 times)
Zosuda

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 12:45:50 AM

is it profitable to mine with a AMD 7950 ? I mine ETH and ETC sometimes. ETH was my first profitable coin. But this current situation is making my mining more difficult. ETC or ETH , which one will be real king, which one will ruin , no one knows. People are confused. Miners will loose their faith on ETHEREUM
They say AMD graphic cards are better for mining, but with the ETC ETH question on which one will strive more than the other, no one can say only time will tell for that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Money_king88

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

#

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 12:50:08 AM

is it profitable to mine with a AMD 7950 ? I mine ETH and ETC sometimes. ETH was my first profitable coin. But this current situation is making my mining more difficult. ETC or ETH , which one will be real king, which one will ruin , no one knows. People are confused. Miners will loose their faith on ETHEREUM
They say AMD graphic cards are better for mining, but with the ETC ETH question on which one will strive more than the other, no one can say only time will tell for that.

It is hard to tell right now what one will last so far eth price is stable and etc went down but both seam to have devs working on them..

I find ETH will fail in long run they have had alot of problems in last few months.
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 06:54:00 AM

It is hard to tell right now what one will last so far eth price is stable and etc went down but both seam to have devs working on them..

I find ETH will fail in long run they have had alot of problems in last few months.

ETH had a lot of problem in the last few months. But if they can learn the lessen and do proper development, it will survive.
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2016, 12:21:50 PM

I can't trust eth for these days since many problems are floating unto it and also it came from a hack so i wonder how eth will bounce back since there is ETC has already been covered up their fame and i think its so risky to mine this coin since the bad happenings has just happened and maybe the trust for people for this coin has been decrease or replinish, and thats why for now maybe we should find another altcoin to mine.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Haidong Liang

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 05:30:06 PM

I can't trust eth for these days since many problems are floating unto it and also it came from a hack so i wonder how eth will bounce back since there is ETC has already been covered up their fame and i think its so risky to mine this coin since the bad happenings has just happened and maybe the trust for people for this coin has been decrease or replinish, and thats why for now maybe we should find another altcoin to mine.

Did you mix the ETC and ETH? The ETH has recovered from the hack and the hacker did not get anything out of it.
Money_king88

Activity: 215

#

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 01:40:37 AM

Did you mix the ETC and ETH? The ETH has recovered from the hack and the hacker did not get anything out of it.
I am sure the last time I was reading the hacker still holds or possibly have moved them but still holds the etc from before the hack I could be wrong..
dumada

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 07:50:53 AM

I am sure the last time I was reading the hacker still holds or possibly have moved them but still holds the etc from before the hack I could be wrong..

The hacker still got the ETC. He did not sell it. The volume of the ETC is less than 10,000 in the past few weeks.
Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 05:53:13 PM

The hacker still got the ETC. He did not sell it. The volume of the ETC is less than 10,000 in the past few weeks.

It seems that the investors are not interested in the ETC. But that might be the quiteness before the storm.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 06:27:10 PM

Why you are stick in ETC honestly we don't i really dont know if we can believe to others about ETC if this is hack coin but its still in coinmarketcap in top 10 but its not like the same few months ago that the price is above 3 usd and now its 1 usd.
For me better to dont invest in ETC since every day i heard about ETC.. Ethereum is more good to invest than etc its just a clone..
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1330
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2016, 06:29:50 PM

Ethereum is still profitable according to other people said ethereum is good to mine if you have a good rig and high speed GPU if your places is high electricity cost more than 0.10 cents per kwh better to dont mine because you are just wasting your work. .

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BTC_ISTANBUL

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 08:39:53 PM

Do not stick to a coin, mine what is profitable.If you do not have time dual mining and intelligent mining can be alternatives.If you do not have time do not waste your money.
asradoni

Activity: 1039
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 06:54:17 AM

Do not stick to a coin, mine what is profitable.If you do not have time dual mining and intelligent mining can be alternatives.If you do not have time do not waste your money.

That is many small miners do. They usually switch to the most profitable coins to mine. They just mine.
Dadiansun

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 06:34:14 AM

That is many small miners do. They usually switch to the most profitable coins to mine. They just mine.

If many farmers switch all the time, then the profitability for the mining will be simlar, there is no need to switch.
Falmant

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 05:32:51 PM

If many farmers switch all the time, then the profitability for the mining will be simlar, there is no need to switch.

That is right. I stick with the Etheruem mining at the moment. It is almost one of the most profitable to mine.
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 09:03:07 PM

I've got lots of questions about this and I don't even know where to start.
Usually I build bitcoin mining farms and get % every month for just paying attention to them.
Couple weeks ago I got the order to maintain the ETH farm where already are installed 60+ GPUs (r9 380, r9 470x 480x) and they want to expand, maybe 100-150+ GPUs.
I don't know about profitability, because after Litecoins I simply switched to BTC.
Honestly I really don't care if they will loose all their money invested in GPUs and ETH itself, but can I give them some kind of advice maybe?
Until then I have some technical questions (and I don't know ask them here or somewhere else but I'll still ask):
What is the best OS to to install on SSDs? (ATM they have mixed versions of windows). I tried to research but found nothing. Will ubuntu do it's job or win7 professional is better? I didn' liked the EthOS..
What is the best software or any technique to monitor (not control) all the rigs at once? Remotely or locally?
that's it I guess for now (:
Raswild

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 08:11:14 AM

Usually I build bitcoin mining farms and get % every month for just paying attention to them.
Couple weeks ago I got the order to maintain the ETH farm where already are installed 60+ GPUs (r9 380, r9 470x 480x) and they want to expand, maybe 100-150+ GPUs.
I don't know about profitability, because after Litecoins I simply switched to BTC.
Honestly I really don't care if they will loose all their money invested in GPUs and ETH itself, but can I give them some kind of advice maybe?
Until then I have some technical questions (and I don't know ask them here or somewhere else but I'll still ask):
What is the best OS to to install on SSDs? (ATM they have mixed versions of windows). I tried to research but found nothing. Will ubuntu do it's job or win7 professional is better? I didn' liked the EthOS..
What is the best software or any technique to monitor (not control) all the rigs at once? Remotely or locally?

The Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 are all fine with the Etheruem mining. For the new AMD cards, they work well with 7 and 10.
Coin_cidence

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 10:45:31 AM

To start now with mining ETH is really tricky. Nobody really knows when it goes POS. With 85k difficulty it is getting hard to roi your GPUs, even with zero costs for energy. POS could happen in Nov/Dec maybe Q1 2016. Thats not enough to pay your initial costs back.

Greets

coincidence
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 11:55:31 AM

m  17:52:29|main  Mining on PoWhash #18ed7019 : 14.27MH/s [A2+0:R0+0:F0]
 m  17:52:30|main  Mining on PoWhash #18ed7019 : 11.76MH/s [A2+0:R0+0:F0]
 m  17:52:30|main  Mining on PoWhash #18ed7019 : 14.33MH/s [A2+0:R0+0:F0]
 m  17:52:31|main  Mining on PoWhash #18ed7019 : 11.83MH/s [A2+0:R0+0:F0]
 m  17:52:31|main  Mining on PoWhash #18ed7019 : 13.62MH/s [A2+0:R0+0:F0]
 m  17:52:32|main  Mining on PoWhash #18ed7019 : 13.83MH/s [A2+0:R0+0:F0]
 m  17:52:32|main  Mining on PoWhash #18ed7019 : 13.93MH/s [A2+0:R0+0:F0]
 m  17:52:33|main  Mining on PoWhash #18ed7019 : 13.36MH/s [A2+0:R0+0:F0]
 m  17:52:33|main  Mining on PoWhash #18ed7019 : 13.30MH/s [A2+0:R0+0:F0]
 m  17:52:34|main  Mining on PoWhash #18ed7019 : 13.44MH/s [A2+0:R0+0:F0]
 m  17:52:34|main  Mining on PoWhash #18ed7019 : 11.11MH/s [A2+0:R0+0:F0]
 m  17:52:35|main  Mining on PoWhash #18ed7019 : 13.36MH/s [A2+0:R0+0:F0]
 m  17:52:35|main  Mining on PoWhash #18ed7019 : 13.33MH/s [A2+0:R0+0:F0]

Please take a look. I am mining with a AMD 7950. Is it ok ? It seems people are getting more hashes than me. I am using windows 7 64bits. Catalyst Version 15.11.1
Please help me. I am mining with ethminer and in dwarfpool
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 01:49:41 PM

The Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 are all fine with the Etheruem mining. For the new AMD cards, they work well with 7 and 10.
thanks for your answer, after some research I thought the same and what about the monitoring software ? Is it possible to monitor all my GPUs at one host computer ?
Haidong Liang

Activity: 65

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 05:12:38 PM

thanks for your answer, after some research I thought the same and what about the monitoring software ? Is it possible to monitor all my GPUs at one host computer ?

If you use the Claymore miner, it has built in monitoring software. You can also use the pool to monitor.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: