Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:13:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum mining still profitable?  (Read 131197 times)
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 04:31:16 AM

yes it is, but its also got really hard since the difficulty raise up that much and the DAO was attacked.

regards

The difficulty is already 54T, another all time high. The miners are so confident that the price will rise further.

Maybe the big owners of the Ethereum are also miners themselves. That is the reason why most miners support the soft fork.

That could be a good thing. Does it also mean the miners will also support the hard fork if they want to recover the loss?

They will definitely support the hard fork if they are also the owner of the DAO. They will save themselves.

The big players of ethereum don't need to mine, they bought the coin when it was cheap and have millions now.  The softfork also will not pass because they discovered a vulnerability in the code that is suppose to cause problems for the miners and possibly blockchain but im not 100% on that.  The big pools will accept a fork once something stable is proposed in hopes that it will be bullish to the market and raise the price.

The Ethereum devs really are screwing up big time.  How they can propose a fork that has further problems is beyond me unless they want to crash the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sanas

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 07:49:21 AM

The big players of ethereum don't need to mine, they bought the coin when it was cheap and have millions now.  The softfork also will not pass because they discovered a vulnerability in the code that is suppose to cause problems for the miners and possibly blockchain but im not 100% on that.  The big pools will accept a fork once something stable is proposed in hopes that it will be bullish to the market and raise the price.

The Ethereum devs really are screwing up big time.  How they can propose a fork that has further problems is beyond me unless they want to crash the market.

They still have 14 days to solve the soft fork problem and implement it. I hope the new one does not have the problems.

.cashaa....█████
█╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

█╬██

█████
██████
██╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬██

██████
█████
██╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬█

█████
Quesdana

Activity: 212
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 10:53:46 AM

They still have 14 days to solve the soft fork problem and implement it. I hope the new one does not have the problems.

I am mining with the 280X at the moment. It seems in 2 months, my mining operation will not be profitable.
Bokelka

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 12:39:45 PM

I am mining with the 280X at the moment. It seems in 2 months, my mining operation will not be profitable.

If you use the default clocks and do not undervolte, you will not be profitable. If you use undervolt, one more month.
sanas

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 06:58:01 PM

If you use the default clocks and do not undervolte, you will not be profitable. If you use undervolt, one more month.

For high electricity price place, it is getting harder week after week to be profitable. The difficulty is too high.

.cashaa....█████
█╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

█╬██

█████
██████
██╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬██

██████
█████
██╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬█

█████
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 01:42:34 AM

For high electricity price place, it is getting harder week after week to be profitable. The difficulty is too high.

That's why I am moving (and others have already moved) to a land of VERY VERY low electric rates.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
raskill

Activity: 167
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:07:49 AM

There wont be any forks...I don't believe any change to asic's either...If you tell gpu miners your all done if you don't go out and buy asic's that coin will die. For this coin to stay on the road to the moon it must remain a gpu coin and unforked...
raskill

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:28:05 AM

Another point I would like to make is that I don't think Eth devs should look at Eth as a coin that has to go above and beyond bitcoin in order to be a success. Bitcoin is the KING of asic mined coins. IMO Eth should stay the KING of gpu mined coins. Any other philosophy, I think, will bring it down... If a hoard of Eth gpu miners suddenly changed coins let say to Expanse it wouldn't take long for Expanse to become the new gpu King.
raskill

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:33:37 AM

Ugh Wolf there was no King in place at the time of bitcoin's. Now there is a king and to stand on his playground you have to compete on a level in which he has a 6 year head start. Forget it and accept the lessor crown...
Ethey

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:49:38 AM

Coinprice and difficulty is to low / high at this moment to mine profitable eth.

Bokelka

Activity: 242

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 12:32:55 PM

There wont be any forks...I don't believe any change to asic's either...If you tell gpu miners your all done if you don't go out and buy asic's that coin will die. For this coin to stay on the road to the moon it must remain a gpu coin and unforked...

That's why BTC is dead today. Oh, wait...

I agree with the point that the bitcoin has to evolve and improve in the future to attract more users.
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 05:51:56 PM

4 China-based mining oligarchies control 70% of the Bitcoin network and 100% of ASIC production, this sounds great! Oh, wait...
Auponef

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 06:58:38 PM

4 China-based mining oligarchies control 70% of the Bitcoin network and 100% of ASIC production, this sounds great! Oh, wait...

Bitmain CEO said 30-40% of the miners are sold out of China. So maybe there are more Western miners now.
Sanguintan

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 09:22:29 AM

PoW's endgame is centralization. Get used to it.

For the GPU PoW, it will be mostly centralised. But there are many people in different parts of the world, it is still a little bit decentralised.
Bemerand

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 10:22:09 AM

For the GPU PoW, it will be mostly centralised. But there are many people in different parts of the world, it is still a little bit decentralised.

That is the reason I like the GPU coins. The proportion of the big farms is much lower than the ASIC coins.

88.36255237114% of all ICO's are SCAMS
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 12:03:26 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2016, 12:15:51 PM by d57heinz

Your exactly right.  Only way to be decentralized is if we all have access to equal resources.  Power asics cheap labor etc.  since that isnt the case what is the point of all this again.  For me its get what I can while I can because I see this all comin down in a ball of fire!  Great experiment but will have to do better next time!

The more I ponder the more I realize why satoshi left and doesn't want to be known.  I imagine if this does go belly up. He won't be too popular!

Best regards
D57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
RoseMann

Activity: 270

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 05:47:59 PM

Your exactly right.  Only way to be decentralized is if we all have access to equal resources.  Power asics cheap labor etc.  since that isnt the case what is the point of all this again.  For me its get what I can while I can because I see this all comin down in a ball of fire!  Great experiment but will have to do better next time!

The more I ponder the more I realize why satoshi left and doesn't want to be known.  I imagine if this does go belly up. He won't be too popular!

Best regards
D57heinz

Compared to Ethereum, bitcoin is much simplier. If there is anything wrong with bitcoin, we should know it several years ago.

Tacalt

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 06:37:59 PM

Best regards
D57heinz

Compared to Ethereum, bitcoin is much simplier. If there is anything wrong with bitcoin, we should know it several years ago.

That is right. The Ethereum is too complex. It is still quite new. I think there will be more bugs to be found.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 06:39:39 PM

Best regards
D57heinz

There is no wrong with bitcoin and i think bitcoin still the best to choose than choosing altcoin ethereum because the movement price of bitcoin is fast .
Ethereim is profitable if you have a good GPU mining.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Tmdz

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 07:07:58 PM

GPU or ASIC...it makes no difference once the farms start mining.  In Ethereum it only takes 3 of the major pools to make decisions on a specific fork for the entire network.

Bitcoin is same.

Crypto is centralized where the few decide the fate of the many, decentralization is an illusion.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: