Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:44:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum mining still profitable?  (Read 131197 times)
Cryptozillah

Activity: 687
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 07:14:38 AM

I have been running my eight 480s for like 3.5 weeks now and closing in on 1BTC worth of ETH.
My plan was to go ROI at end of November and it seem like i am going to make it.

I am not going to sell one single ETH this year though, stacking up and paying the electricity out of my own pocket.

Two more 480s arriving today hopefully and they should ROI in December at the latest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:33:00 AM

I have been running my eight 480s for like 3.5 weeks now and closing in on 1BTC worth of ETH.
My plan was to go ROI at end of November and it seem like i am going to make it.

I am not going to sell one single ETH this year though, stacking up and paying the electricity out of my own pocket.

Two more 480s arriving today hopefully and they should ROI in December at the latest.

Nice home farm mate Wink
Cryptozillah

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 10:09:51 AM

Nice home farm mate Wink
Thanks Smiley
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 04:03:02 PM

Do you think your 480 can ROI in 3 months? Did you consider the rise of the difficulty. It rises 30% every month.
BTCBusinessConsult

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 04:38:01 PM

There are always other coins that can be mined.

If ETH price had crashed then I bet most people would have switched to XMR. Also the AMD 480s are a very hot item right now and will hold their value even after a few months easily.

EPIC5k Trading on https://spectre.ai/?ref=PassiveIncome. Paying WEEKLY rewards in ETH since 2017. 100% FRAUD FREE Binary Trading Platform. $SXDT. Ask me about the ONLY smart options trading platform with 400% payouts, and their unique EPIC5000 trading system.
fusion0389

Activity: 324

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 05:35:54 PM

I got into mining Ethereum a bit late, but this whole PoW to PoS deal is starting to concern me. I'd like to funnel my earnings into building more ETH rigs as opposed to buying Bitmain equipment, but idk how long ETH mining is going to be around. Are there any developments on this front that anyone knows about?
Cryptozillah

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 05:47:37 PM

Do you think your 480 can ROI in 3 months? Did you consider the rise of the difficulty. It rises 30% every month.
Yeah i am pretty sure i will reach ROI even if the diff rises alot.
I think that the ETH price will go up from here until we know if it goes POS or more POW.
Jating

Activity: 2926
Merit: 808

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 11:28:02 AM

Yeah i am pretty sure i will reach ROI even if the diff rises alot.
I think that the ETH price will go up from here until we know if it goes POS or more POW.

I hope so. But for the last few months, the Ethereum price did not rise. If the trend continues, it will not be profitable.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 05:52:41 PM

It's not profitable for me anymore, the difficulty is too high,I generate about ~$6.50 a day mining Eth.dwarfpool  Angry

almost $200 net per month with a single rig is good enough, people tend to forget that a single rig should not produce so much, hell a single rig is beating the crap out of an s9 right now, be proud of it
Indeed been looking at the figures close to buying s9 what it makes on BTC a month to what an ETC/ETC rig can make and blows the generation away since the block reward half in july. No sign of an S9 banking its ROI any time soon. GPU mining on ETH and ETC is about 4 to 6 month brake even and now with the 480s coming out modded bios firmware it is going to be intresting if ETH or ETC goes POS. Wonder what will be next for gpu mining.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Ambros

Activity: 653

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 06:04:49 PM

Indeed been looking at the figures close to buying s9 what it makes on BTC a month to what an ETC/ETC rig can make and blows the generation away since the block reward half in july. No sign of an S9 banking its ROI any time soon. GPU mining on ETH and ETC is about 4 to 6 month brake even and now with the 480s coming out modded bios firmware it is going to be intresting if ETH or ETC goes POS. Wonder what will be next for gpu mining.
Maybe Zcash will be the next profitable coin..
Zivdafast

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 05:36:15 PM

It seems many people pin the hope on the Zcash at the moment. If the Zcash becomes a big hit, it is good for the mining community.
fusion0389

Activity: 324

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 12:51:24 AM

Thats an idea, i've read on some of the ethereum forums that Monero might be another option... Curious to see how it turns out.
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 807

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2016, 01:06:34 AM

Thats an idea, i've read on some of the ethereum forums that Monero might be another option... Curious to see how it turns out.

Maybe it can be worthfull i saw some of miner are mining eth for good maybe they get what the earnings they want so they continue to mine those, maybe also you should try it so you can find out to yourself that eth mining is worth it or not, and also i dont know what is the turn out of monero mining since i don't have any idea how profitable it was if we select to do so maybe we must do some backreads so we may know the status of monero mining profitability.

Raswild

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 07:54:48 AM

It seems some of the Ethereum mining hash has moved to the Monero mining. The difficulty has dropped a bit.
Kwiksave

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 07:52:46 AM

Maybe it can be worthfull i saw some of miner are mining eth for good maybe they get what the earnings they want so they continue to mine those, maybe also you should try it so you can find out to yourself that eth mining is worth it or not, and also i dont know what is the turn out of monero mining since i don't have any idea how profitable it was if we select to do so maybe we must do some backreads so we may know the status of monero mining profitability.

I mine both the ETH and ETC, whichever is more profitable as both prices are quite stable recently, not like a few weeks ago.
sanas

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 08:28:54 AM

I mine both the ETH and ETC, whichever is more profitable as both prices are quite stable recently, not like a few weeks ago.

I expect the ETC price to crash a few days ago. But it did not crash at all. It seems there is strong support for that.

.cashaa....█████
█╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

█╬██

█████
██████
██╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬██

██████
█████
██╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬█

█████
BitPlace

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 04:49:14 PM

I expect the ETC price to crash a few days ago. But it did not crash at all. It seems there is strong support for that.

It seems the hacker will not be able to sell the ETC coins very soon. So there is possibility the ETC price will be maintained.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 06:32:44 PM

It seems the hacker will not be able to sell the ETC coins very soon. So there is possibility the ETC price will be maintained.

Not up on this but why can't he or she sell yet?

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
nokati

Activity: 312
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2016, 08:54:39 PM

Hi,  I normaly mine btc using bitmain hardware,  now I also consider to mine some eth or etc.  Whats currently the best videocards for mining?

Lasvista

Activity: 396
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 07:20:22 AM

Hi,  I normaly mine btc using bitmain hardware,  now I also consider to mine some eth or etc.  Whats currently the best videocards for mining?

The best video card for mining is the AMD RX 480 or the nVidia 1070. Both are every efficient and AMD is cheaper.
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: