Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:39:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum mining still profitable?  (Read 131197 times)
bitcoinpete

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 10:16:33 AM

The only mining Im doing is through genesis, I have noticed that my payouts have dropped by about 70% in the last month. At least the price appears to be rallying again.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 11:16:55 AM

The only mining Im doing is through genesis, I have noticed that my payouts have dropped by about 70% in the last month. At least the price appears to be rallying again.

I think Genesis mining is too much expensive. I would rather mine in pools with gpu
Bokelka

Activity: 242

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 04:31:46 PM

That is possible. The Difficulty of the Etheruem mining has risen quite a lot. Many people are building rigs.
malekbaba
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:35:18 PM

That is possible. The Difficulty of the Etheruem mining has risen quite a lot. Many people are building rigs.

many miners are mining ETH and with the rising diff many will leave ETH too if they find other coin. If any other coin become more profitable, some miners will go away from ETH and will jump over that coin. So tomorrow is always uncertain
miayama

Activity: 358

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:45:00 PM

many miners are mining ETH and with the rising diff many will leave ETH too if they find other coin. If any other coin become more profitable, some miners will go away from ETH and will jump over that coin. So tomorrow is always uncertain

That is right. But the amount of the GPU will flood and make any coin unprofitable after the finish of Eth mining.
malekbaba
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 09:18:46 PM

That is right. But the amount of the GPU will flood and make any coin unprofitable after the finish of Eth mining.

Not like that. Few GPU will die (due to use or age). Some people will leave this industry if they fail to get their ROI, some will leave mining due to personal business and some will sell the gpu and will switch to ASIC. Like this, new miners will enter and old miners (few %) will leave mining. But yes, GPU mining will be harder as many people have decent gpu to mine coins, now than before
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:00:52 AM

I wouldn't build any new rigs just ethereum mining.

Existing rigs repurposed would be fine (Hi Phil).

If you're building a rig for something else (like I did this past week) running it as an ethereum miner for a while to defray PART of the cost is a usefull thought.

The way the price keeps drifting down and the diff keeps climbing makes achieving ROI on a new-built rig look pretty iffy at this point.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
fricircled

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:19:07 AM

If you're building a rig for something else (like I did this past week) running it as an ethereum miner for a while to defray PART of the cost is a usefull thought.

The way the price keeps drifting down and the diff keeps climbing makes achieving ROI on a new-built rig look pretty iffy at this point.

Also the Ehtereum will become PoS early next year. The huge amount of GPU will have to find anther coin to mine.
Falmant

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 03:20:45 PM

Also the Ehtereum will become PoS early next year. The huge amount of GPU will have to find anther coin to mine.

I think the excessive amount of mining hardware will crash the second hand graphics card market.
malekbaba
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:44:48 AM

if eth become POS from POW, I will get chance to buy some cards at lowest price, I hope
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:50:42 AM

I think the excessive amount of mining hardware will crash the second hand graphics card market.

you can pretty much bet on that .cards that were going for 50-75 bucks used (if you can find them) now go for 225 plus Smiley

ethereum should have made this setup with sha-256 equip..the hype/cheer-leading of all these old miners back on a network again would have been epic.....the price

would have been higher imho..and as far as difficulty who cares..gonna be a pos coin anyway

just saying... a hell of a lot more asics sitting around (my knc 550gh Jupiter now acting on the bottom self as a gravity assist device to keep my Titan Miner bench rooted

to the Earth) Smiley

A lot of us out there just can't sell.......... 'my precious' that made me 53 BTC ..I mean really for what on Ebay 100 bucks I could get for it .....it would be like selling the family cat Sad

but yeah ..truth be told they probably could say they were going in 1 month to pos coin....would only hurt the miners probably would help the price in that the market

would see them as 'ahead of their timeline plan' lol Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:42:15 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2016, 08:09:11 AM by Amph

i've built a rig anyway, and i'm in profit, i don't care much about roi, gpu can be sold straight away at any time with a return up to 100% easily on ebay

so it's all profit from the beginning, also i'm not planning to sell anymore the other part of the rig, a rig is always useful, the altcoin scene will always be profitable no matter what everyone think

in those time where the profit is low, you can invest in green energy like solar panel and have your 10 hours free mining per day
Koamder

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 08:04:38 AM

i've built a rig anyway, and i'm in profit, i don't care much about roi, gpu can be sold straight away at any time with a return up to 100% easily on ebay

so it's all profit from the beginning, also i'm not plannign to sell anymore the other part of the rig, a rig is always usefu, thel altcoin scene will always be profitable no matter what everyone think

in those tiem where the profit is low, you can invest in green energy like solar panel and have your 10 hours free mining per day

I will do the same. I think the concept of the ROI is just for the ASIC. We can find use for GPU any time.
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 11:01:43 AM

so it's all profit from the beginning, also i'm not plannign to sell anymore the other part of the rig, a rig is always usefu, thel altcoin scene will always be profitable no matter what everyone think

in those tiem where the profit is low, you can invest in green energy like solar panel and have your 10 hours free mining per day

I will do the same. I think the concept of the ROI is just for the ASIC. We can find use for GPU any time.

The ASIC will be useless after a few months, as it will not be profitable. The GPU can be sold to gamers.
mikewillda

Activity: 219

CTO/Spokesman

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 02:30:08 PM

The ASIC will be useless after a few months, as it will not be profitable. The GPU can be sold to gamers.

That is the reason I mine altcoins. I can mine when it is profitable. I can sell GPU when it is not profitable.

Never invest more than you can afford to loose.
malekbaba
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:55:36 PM

That is the reason I mine altcoins. I can mine when it is profitable. I can sell GPU when it is not profitable.

GPU mining was not profitable, even last 8 months back. Hope new coin will be available soon to mine with gpu
Juliamit

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 08:20:21 PM

GPU mining was not profitable, even last 8 months back. Hope new coin will be available soon to mine with gpu

That is right. 8 months ago, the GPU mining is not profitable if your electricity is over $0.2/kWh.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 10:58:43 PM

That is right. 8 months ago, the GPU mining is not profitable if your electricity is over $0.2/kWh.

Since the diff for BTC mining (ASIC) has gone so high (I've sold all my ASIC miners),Altcoin mining has become alot more attractive,so I'm back lookin for the next GPU coin to mine...again  Grin

I was an avid GPU miner back in 2011-2013,since BTC went ASIC & I had 5 GPU's I wanted to keep makin money on em,did good till about late 2014 when altcoins went down to nothing  Sad

Got one low end PC for all my wallets,looked last week through em,got about 45 wallets. Now to sync em & see if I got any coins in em  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
sanadas

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 06:35:45 AM

Since the diff for BTC mining (ASIC) has gone so high (I've sold all my ASIC miners),Altcoin mining has become alot more attractive,so I'm back lookin for the next GPU coin to mine...again  Grin

I was an avid GPU miner back in 2011-2013,since BTC went ASIC & I had 5 GPU's I wanted to keep makin money on em,did good till about late 2014 when altcoins went down to nothing  Sad

Got one low end PC for all my wallets,looked last week through em,got about 45 wallets. Now to sync em & see if I got any coins in em  Cheesy

You said you had 45 wallets. If they are mostly altcoins you mined in 2013 or later, most of them will be worthless.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 07:08:15 AM

You said you had 45 wallets. If they are mostly altcoins you mined in 2013 or later, most of them will be worthless.

Mined BTC on vid cards till late 2013(when Avalon & BFL were dumping the first ASIC's),then altcoins till sometime in early 2015 actually.Yeah I'm sure they are worth only a few pennies  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: