Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:28:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bad news for bASIC - not shipping til mid Jan at best  (Read 25459 times)
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:44:30 AM

Joyous moments for some here, again, BFL ain't shipping a thing till somewhere in January, as it seems now.
Surprise?

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/492-good-news-good-read.html

As Debbie from BFL wrote in her last Mail:
We had originally hoped to be shipping by now, but unfortunately, we are still waiting for some parts to come in. We are working to start shipping orders before the end of the year.

You could anticipate your order shipping sometime in February or March. If they are ready sooner, we will ship them sooner.
We appreciate your patience as we are working to bring you the latest in mining technology.

Happy X-mas 😢

Certainly, the order number is not mentioned. But the January date does not sound incorrect at all.

Called it.

Cool
You know what is really absurd about this situation?

The vendor with the longest release schedule is now the earliest when compared to the other 2.

that what happens when you second-guess.
i was going to preorder with avalon.

oh well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jack1Rip1BurnIt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Trust me, these default swaps will limit the risks

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 07:55:59 AM

Joyous moments for some here, again, BFL ain't shipping a thing till somewhere in January, as it seems now.
Surprise?

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/492-good-news-good-read.html

We had originally hoped to be shipping by now, but unfortunately, we are still waiting for some parts to come in. We are working to start shipping orders before the end of the year.

You could anticipate your order shipping sometime in February or March. If they are ready sooner, we will ship them sooner.
We appreciate your patience as we are working to bring you the latest in mining technology.

Happy X-mas 😢

Certainly, the order number is not mentioned. But the January date does not sound incorrect at all.

Called it.

Cool

We plan to begin shipping at the end of this month and in January. If we don't hear from you, we will assume that you want your original order to stand as originally submitted.

Thank you,
Debbie

I received this email earlier yesterday regarding an upgrade to a Little Single I haven't paid for yet. The reason why I haven't done it yet is because I'm so freaking confused from all of their dates they keep releasing about when they will actually ship. I think someone is full of shit if you ask me. Just sayin

Successful trades with bels, misterbigg, ChrisNelson, shackleford, geniusboy91, and Isokivi.
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 08:00:20 AM

Surprise?

Happy X-mas 😢

Called it.

Cool

We plan to begin shipping at the end of this month and in January. If we don't hear from you, we will assume that you want your original order to stand as originally submitted.

Thank you,
Debbie

I received this email earlier yesterday regarding an upgrade to a Little Single I haven't paid for yet. The reason why I haven't done it yet is because I'm so freaking confused from all of their dates they keep releasing about when they will actually ship. I think someone is full of shit if you ask me. Just sayin

I can't possibly understand why you would be confused.  Isn't it as clear as glass to you?

They'll either be shipped in/on October, November, December 11th, end of December, January, February, or March lol

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 08:06:10 AM

They'll either be shipped in/on October, November, December 11th, end of December, January, February, or March lol

Exactly.

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/508061/custom-chips-could-be-the-shovels-in-a-bitcoin-gold-rush/

According to this article they will start shipping in "early 2013".

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 08:09:03 AM

I'm not sending any ASIC vendors another bitcent until I see some evidence of progress...and that goes double for BFL. I haven't a clue what's going on with that weirdo company.

lol, it's probably just ONE guy in his pajamas manufacturing the illusion of an entire company. Grin

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 08:10:38 AM

Exactly.

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/508061/custom-chips-could-be-the-shovels-in-a-bitcoin-gold-rush/

According to this article they will start shipping in "early 2013".
The article should be renamed to "Custom chips might be on the shelves in a Bitcoin gold rush."

@ Nolo
Hilarious, that covers like 2 entire quarters of a year. That is one hell of a spread for a release date...
Jack1Rip1BurnIt

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 11:34:49 AM

I am pissed that the chick would even have the nerve to try and sucker me for my money by throwing in the words that they "are planning on shipping at the end of the month"! I keep thinking about how when they still need some of your money they will insist that the product is coming sooner than when someone is asking about the product they've already paid for. Hence the December/January shipping date I got, vs the later date others have been given when they've already paid in full.

Successful trades with bels, misterbigg, ChrisNelson, shackleford, geniusboy91, and Isokivi.
abeaulieu

Activity: 295

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 01:47:57 PM

I'm not sending any ASIC vendors another bitcent until I see some evidence of progress...and that goes double for BFL. I haven't a clue what's going on with that weirdo company.

lol, it's probably just ONE guy in his pajamas manufacturing the illusion of an entire company. Grin

I would be more confident in saying that about the other companies. Surprisingly BFL is the only company that has issued some grain of proof that they have made progress on ASIC-based devices (besides possibly regurgitated information). Even a few month ago they showed the preliminary PCB designs. Two versions of the new cases have also been photographed and posted as well. Yes, I know they don't have ASIC chips, somehow you always will mention that, but I do believe they have provided more proof than other companies.
squeept

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 02:28:49 PM

For the millionth time, they're quoting a date for customers that are ordering TODAY. Please stop purposely obfuscating the argument by swapping estimated initial delivery with estimated current delivery.

And I checked the bASIC forum again, and I'm becoming more and more positive that my assumption is correct: bASIC has nothing. Nothing at all.

"People have brought up the subject of the pci-e vs. molex connector and it's a valid question, this will be one of the first decisions TheSeven will make once he is brought into the loop and receives the engineering packet"

"I received a couple of packets of information from the design team, including rudimentary diagrams and datasheets on stuff like heat sinks and BGA packages.
All kinds of stuff which I am sifting through as we speak - we will have some of the most requested information live as soon as possible."

They refuse to answer any direct questions about whether they have their ASIC chips in hand. They don't even know how they'll power the device yet. They just offered to show everyone a block diagram of the device. They just hired new staff because the concept of power consumption was too confusing for their other hired guns. They're just now looking at datasheets for components. They have nothing.

It's looking like a photo finish between BFL and Avalon.

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 02:35:12 PM

For the millionth time, they're quoting a date for customers that are ordering TODAY. Please stop purposely obfuscating the argument by swapping estimated initial delivery with estimated current delivery.
I believe the author of that post clarified that it was for an order in the 8000s, which would place it in mid-September sometime.
Quote from: walter110
clarify it:

"happy X-mas" was my personal opinion - not by Debbie

and Hooper Crosby my number is in the 8000 ...

SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 02:51:59 PM

Tom is going to have a hard time with warranties with people supplying their own power supplies. Many of them will be old faulty units that were replace for a reason. This alone I surmise will increase Tom's operating cost 30%-60%, maybe even more. Also it will increase the chance of a customer getting a refurbished unit sold as new.
ZTEX GmbH ships their FPGA boards without power supplies and yes, there have been a few complaints by people who did not read the specs, but they do not have to replace boards because the customer is hooking up power supplies that spike over 12V.

MeSarah is looking for problems again where there are none...
Blackasaurus

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 03:36:15 PM

Almost a month after BFL. I'm sorry, I really am. I like the competition, but I'm glad I choose BFL.

Actually BFL will not be around till then either.

"... in early 2013 they will start shipping to over a thousand customers who placed advance orders."
source: http://www.technologyreview.com/news/508061/custom-chips-could-be-the-shovels-in-a-bitcoin-gold-rush/
bitmar

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 04:04:43 PM

Almost a month after BFL. I'm sorry, I really am. I like the competition, but I'm glad I choose BFL.

"... in early 2013 they will start shipping to over a thousand customers who placed advance orders."
source: http://www.technologyreview.com/news/508061/custom-chips-could-be-the-shovels-in-a-bitcoin-gold-rush/

I think there is a mistake. It should be "early 2014".  They need to add a lot of "clock buffers" and that requires a lot of time. Currently, they are testing their phantom chips and they are of good cheer.
Frequency

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

COINDER

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 05:02:31 PM

I think there is a mistake. It should be "early 2014".  They need to add a lot of "clock buffers" and that requires a lot of time. Currently, they are testing their phantom chips and they are of good cheer.

But, but they promised to deliver before block halvingday.......ooo i see..2016 .. Cheesy Cheesy

COINDER
COINDER
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 05:40:01 PM

So you believe a random web article's dates vs the dates given by BFL themselves?  Did you ever consider the possibility that the article could be incorrect?   Roll Eyes
creativex

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 05:53:35 PM

So you believe a random web article's dates vs the dates given by BFL themselves?  Did you ever consider the possibility that the article could be incorrect?   Roll Eyes

I certainly do. BFL reps don't tell the truth...see the above email received from Debbie. If they STILL don't have chips in early Dec how are they ever going to ship in late Dec? That's just unrealistic nonsense.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:13:59 PM

Then what do you make of this official quote?

Quote from: BFL_Josh
we should still be getting the chips this month

So they might get the chips this year. You think they just plug the chips in and that's a finished product immediately ready to ship? Admit it. There is zero chance of BFL shipping an ASIC in 2012.

Buy & Hold
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:32:53 PM

Then what do you make of this official quote?

Quote from: BFL_Josh
we should still be getting the chips this month

So they might get the chips this year. You think they just plug the chips in and that's a finished product immediately ready to ship? Admit it. There is zero chance of BFL shipping an ASIC in 2012.
I hadn't seen that quote before.  Where did he say that?
Jack1Rip1BurnIt

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:53:39 PM

Removed, I was half awake.

creativex

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:56:28 PM

BFL knows GD well they won't be shipping products during the holiday shopping season. It's just BS that they offhandedly peddle misinformation to paying customers.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: