Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:43:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bad news for bASIC - not shipping til mid Jan at best  (Read 25459 times)
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 08:12:41 AM

And I bet  that 'Daves datacentre' won't have any pictures either.........

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 08:22:31 AM

This is getting more bizarre by the minute.  Tom just posted this 11 minutes after the post I quoted above.

hi

Looks like I may have screwed up unless China schedule is way diff from ours or something

can someone from China please clear this up so we can move forward
thanks

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=909.msg2800#msg2800

Seriously Tom, stop posting until you straighten up.  I hope to hell you haven't been communicating with your suppliers while you're in this state.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
RaTTuS

Activity: 792

Bite me

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 08:52:29 AM

looks like april [sorry end of march] now Wink

In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
squid

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:46:45 AM

I feel very relieved i got out when first signs of trouble started early December. I can't imagine going through this dragged out drama, and i feel bad for everyone that stuck it out this long. Hopefully they deliver soon, but it appears people are still getting strung along. Goodluck guys.

same, +1
peasant

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

Cryptopreneur

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:14:25 AM

Are things really this bad? Geez. Hopefully Tom can pull it together, fess up with what's going on, and move forward. If he keeps this up i'm afraid he's toast.
repentance

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:26:54 AM

Are things really this bad? Geez. Hopefully Tom can pull it together, fess up with what's going on, and move forward. If he keeps this up i'm afraid he's toast.

Let's hope he can get it together enough to process refunds quickly because if there are any delays in processing refunds this snowball is going to turn into an avalanche.

I hope he can also see just how unwise it is to try to convince people to let you manage their hardware when you're having trouble getting that hardware made.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
BTCscammerQuote

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 07:33:12 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2013, 08:17:24 PM by BTCscammerQuote

Quote from: Tom

I strongly recommend both domestic and overseas customers to take us up on our hosting deal. This will get you the absolute cheapest electrical costs in the country and in hand you will have 24 managed care of your miners, not just the fact that over seas customers will not have to wait to clear customers to receive their packed it means they keep to enjoy mining right away and reap the benefits of the domestic customers who ordered at the same time. The 3d and most special part of the whole thing is the incredibly low electrical usual you will benefit from, we are talking the lowest electrical rates in the country. Something that will make the actual electrical usual of these devices which are very low to begin with completely meaning less!THIS IS THE REAL GAME CHANGER IN THIS MINGING GAME.

Price   Tech Specs   Electrical Usuage
36 GH/s bASIC   $599.99   8 x 90nm ASIC SHA-256 Bitcoin hashing cores packaged in BG480   51.3 watts
72 GH/s bASIC   $1069.99   16 x 90nm ASIC SHA-256 Bitcoin hashing cores packaged in BG480   99.3 watts

To leave a 100-watt bulb running continuously (730 hours a month), and you're paying 15¢/kWh.  Your cost to run the bulb all month is 100 x 730 ÷ 1000 x 15¢ = $10.95
To leave a 100-watt bulb running continuously (730 hours a month), and you're paying 5¢/kWh.  Your cost to run the bulb all month is 100 x 730 ÷ 1000 x 5¢ = $3.65
Dividing by 1000 changes it from watt-hours to kilowatt-hours

The price of Starbucks’ regular Grande coffee is $2.20 in New York.
iPAD uses around 2-6 watts.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 07:44:17 PM

The point IMO is that he dosen't have the Chips. He was lying. I'm also happy to have gotta out before this mess. I know someone that invested something in the 20k€ range into this, i'm afraid for him.
On my side i'm happy to have detected the "i broke my phone" "i did a car incident" "the chips are there but i can't show you" as red alerts... I'm sorry for the others.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 08:59:18 PM

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=954.0

FROM TOM:

I know - no one is happy about this

and I have a confession to make.

I have been dumping my blood sweat and tears into making this happen
and perhaps I was in over my head

I thought I could put this together like I did with the ModMiner Quad
obviously it was not and I was in WAY over my head

I fixed the post up from last night - so at least now its has a big of legibility

yes I had a few drinks before I posted that post (last night) - I was fucking heart broken, some of you look at my like im a fucking scammer and it kills me - I helped start some of the infrastructure Bitcoin runs on today, and have set many Bitcoin firsts
and this idea couldent be farsest from the truth. Look at what ive done for Bitcoin over the last 3 years, I live and breath bitcoin and I love it.

Unfortunately this project was way over my head and I thought I can handle this the same way I handled-ed the ModMiner Quad project, obviously I was sorely wrong and I am so sorry I could not bring this project to market in a timely manner

But I swear to you and I give you my word I never meant to lie to you or tried to give anyone bad advice. I am sorry about my drunken (now fixed ) post from last night - I had a few drinks before that post because after receiving the bad news (about March) - this was the only way I knew how to deal with it. I am selling my share in BTCFPGA and it is now going to be owned by a asian company that is 100% sure of a March Delivery.  if you are not interested in doing business with this company please feel free to filll out a refund request and we will refund your money is full. There is plenty enough money to make all of these refunds and I have been a pillar of this community for years, so please no panic. Anyone that wants a refund - they will receive one today. Please I ask you to please accept my apologize - if you can wait until March you will receive a superior ASIC mining device, if you lost your trust in me and my company than I dont blame you at all. But please understand I tried the best at the best of my ability and I can't take any of this anymore. I am not the right man for this job. Your new ASIAN benefactors will be online soon to greet you all and see where were are at and hopefully they can calm some of your nerves. They have the equipment to do most of these processes in house. They dont have to relay on sub contractors and deal with all these little problems that pop up in that process. They can fab pbcs, pick parts, soldering machines, the whole nine yards. You will be much happier with this company and with my out of the picture. Expect contact from them soon.

As for me im going to back to my web hosting business and my computer repair shop and live the simple life for awhile, enjoy time with my kids and please accept my apologies for not being the person you needed - the person who you needed to make his happen.

I will continue to sell modminer quads on http://btcfpga.com or mining and hobbyist uses on the side, and im going to try and live a happy life, I am sorry I let you down I really am and I hope the Asians took good care of you.

we are not going to scam anyone - if you request a refund you will receive it right away - if your willing to wait until March you will probably receive a better product than if you stick with me, thats just the reality of the situation.

sincerely with blood sweat and tears,
Tom

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:00:15 PM

Tom just sold bAsic

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=954.0

I know - no one is happy about this

and I have a confession to make.

I have been dumping my blood sweat and tears into making this happen
and perhaps I was in over my head

I thought I could put this together like I did with the ModMiner Quad
obviously it was not and I was in WAY over my head

I fixed the post up from last night - so at least now its has a big of legibility

yes I had a few drinks before I posted that post (last night) - I was fucking heart broken, some of you look at my like im a fucking scammer and it kills me - I helped start some of the infrastructure Bitcoin runs on today, and have set many Bitcoin firsts
and this idea couldent be farsest from the truth. Look at what ive done for Bitcoin over the last 3 years, I live and breath bitcoin and I love it.

Unfortunately this project was way over my head and I thought I can handle this the same way I handled-ed the ModMiner Quad project, obviously I was sorely wrong and I am so sorry I could not bring this project to market in a timely manner

But I swear to you and I give you my word I never meant to lie to you or tried to give anyone bad advice. I am sorry about my drunken (now fixed ) post from last night - I had a few drinks before that post because after receiving the bad news (about March) - this was the only way I knew how to deal with it. I am selling my share in BTCFPGA and it is now going to be owned by a asian company that is 100% sure of a March Delivery.  if you are not interested in doing business with this company please feel free to filll out a refund request and we will refund your money is full. There is plenty enough money to make all of these refunds and I have been a pillar of this community for years, so please no panic. Anyone that wants a refund - they will receive one today. Please I ask you to please accept my apologize - if you can wait until March you will receive a superior ASIC mining device, if you lost your trust in me and my company than I dont blame you at all. But please understand I tried the best at the best of my ability and I can't take any of this anymore. I am not the right man for this job. Your new ASIAN benefactors will be online soon to greet you all and see where were are at and hopefully they can calm some of your nerves. They have the equipment to do most of these processes in house. They dont have to relay on sub contractors and deal with all these little problems that pop up in that process. They can fab pbcs, pick parts, soldering machines, the whole nine yards. You will be much happier with this company and with my out of the picture. Expect contact from them soon.

As for me im going to back to my web hosting business and my computer repair shop and live the simple life for awhile, enjoy time with my kids and please accept my apologies for not being the person you needed - the person who you needed to make his happen.

I will continue to sell modminer quads on http://btcfpga.com or mining and hobbyist uses on the side, and im going to try and live a happy life, I am sorry I let you down I really am and I hope the Asians took good care of you.

we are not going to scam anyone - if you request a refund you will receive it right away - if your willing to wait until March you will probably receive a better product than if you stick with me, thats just the reality of the situation.

sincerely with blood sweat and tears,
Tom

miter_myles

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:04:30 PM

firsties

greyhawk

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:05:28 PM

But I have children in my post. Won't someone think of the children?
miter_myles

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:06:03 PM

fine.. split it with you.. since you posted fuck trophies

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:06:11 PM

The drama never stops!
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:09:21 PM

Tom just sold bAsic

... to "an asian company".

Um ... which one? I guess there's more than one company in this Asia Wink

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
greyhawk

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:10:19 PM

Tom just sold bAsic

... to "an asian company".

Um ... which one? I guess there's more than one company in this Asia Wink

Do not worry. These ASIAN benefactors will not let anyone down.

EDIT: No seriously. This is hilarious.

ASIAN benefactors.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:11:35 PM

and now I know why I did not send my money to asic companies back then.

i hope the asians take good care of you. LOL.
debianlinux

Activity: 221

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:19:16 PM

I ran this through my trans-dimensional bullshit gin and this was the output:

I took a sufficient number of your orders and delayed long enough to convince an investor to buy the company at a profit to me. If the change of ownership means that investor loses his backlog of orders it is immaterial to me for I have already taken my cut. Pump and Dump mechanics worked for me and may they work for the other ASIC guys, glad I got there first. PS: I am an alcoholic.
repentance

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:23:25 PM

Do not worry. These ASIAN benefactors will not let anyone down.

EDIT: No seriously. This is hilarious.

ASIAN benefactors.

This is priceless.

I do hope the security of our personal information isn't just forked over to some unknown Asian company...  I do not want my name, address and any other information handed over at all

It's OK for their sweatshops fabs to make our hardware, but I don't want to deal with an Asian company.    Roll Eyes

bitmar

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:24:30 PM

So what? Asians make good stuff  Wink
http://ezpert-gadgetry.blogspot.com/2012/06/china-fake-portable-hard-drive-junk.html
http://www.zehumor.com/weird/a-trap-from-china-fake-hard-disk/
http://me-andy.blogspot.com/2006/12/since-rojaks-is-doing-it-why-not-me.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: