Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:44:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bad news for bASIC - not shipping til mid Jan at best  (Read 25459 times)
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:27:28 PM

I ran this through my trans-dimensional bullshit gin and this was the output:

I took a sufficient number of your orders and delayed long enough to convince an investor to buy the company at a profit to me. If the change of ownership means that investor loses his backlog of orders it is immaterial to me for I have already taken my cut. Pump and Dump mechanics worked for me and may they work for the other ASIC guys, glad I got there first. PS: I am an alcoholic.

ha. i thought the same exact thing. reading between the lines surely is a skill.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:08:13 PM

It's OK for their sweatshops fabs to make our hardware, but I don't want to deal with an Asian company.    Roll Eyes

Yeah that was me.. and in this instance.. yeah you nailed it..  clapping.wav... and some rollie eyes too I guess..

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:30:45 PM

i hope the asians take good care of you. LOL.

Here's a video of Tom and our new Asian overlords (aka "new ASIAN benefactors") where he tried to buy ASICs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9_OL1eceY0

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:50:20 PM

Did Avalon just buy bASIC?

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:58:27 PM

that was my guess too.

but...

hmm..

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 11:06:29 PM

He said in IRC that it's someone bASIC has been dealing with all along.  Yet again, though, he's playing the "more details tomorrow" card.  This is a shocking way to make major announcements.  You should anticipate people's questions and give them the answers to those questions when you make the announcement and you should also make yourself available for questioning. 

The way this has been handled is an epic fail.  You should pretty much expect to work around the clock for a few days when you're going to drop these kind of drama-bombs.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 11:16:09 PM

He said in IRC that it's someone bASIC has been dealing with all along.  Yet again, though, he's playing the "more details tomorrow" card.  This is a shocking way to make major announcements.  You should anticipate people's questions and give them the answers to those questions when you make the announcement and you should also make yourself available for questioning. 

The way this has been handled is an epic fail.  You should pretty much expect to work around the clock for a few days when you're going to drop these kind of drama-bombs.
I was just being silly about Avalon and "ASIANS" - since this whole drama is turning into a surreal commedy. Seriously, though, if this IRC statement is true (someone managing Asian affairs for bASIC, then buying bASIC when these dealings failed) - it's rather fishy. Sabotage the project, so you can buy the company cheap.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 01:39:10 AM

No.

hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 02:24:25 AM

The guy is just totally unprofessional.
He claims he is out of it, and yet here he and his dodgy minions are still firmly in the saddle. (hay we just fucked you over...wanna sign up for our once in a lifetime 'hosting' deal?)

The fact is he has lied from the start(certainly as regards having chips in stock), it's not even as if it was progressing and he had some setbacks.

Point is... IF you are going to play about with technology:

1. Either be a credible expert
OR
2. Be a retard BUT HIRE credible experts.

To be a good businessman you need:
1. To spot an opportunity (ok got this right)
2. Be smart enough to know your limitations BUT employ people to cover for you (FAIL!!!)

Richard Branson possibly knows fuck all about building engines for space travel, but he managed to get both of the above points right.

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 02:36:46 AM

Anyone got a pic of Tom? i remember his fat face with a cool shade....  Cool
mining4fun11

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 02:42:26 AM

SCAMMER ALERT SCAMMER ALERT SCAMMER ALERT.  Get  the popcorn.

I'm sure everyone has his cell phone number from his website but here it is 13155918719 if you don't and need to call him if it dissapears. 
bcpokey

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 02:53:38 AM

I'm sure everyone has his cell phone number from his website but here it is 13155918719 if you don't and need to call him if it dissapears. 

I'm sure a scammer would give out a 'burner' phone number. Although a legit number can be changed pretty easily too.
mining4fun11

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 02:55:30 AM

I'm sure a scammer would give out a 'burner' phone number. Although a legit number can be changed pretty easily too.

Very possible but it would be good to leave it here if someone is looking for it later.
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 03:43:31 AM

My god am I happy I bailed a month ago and got my refund back.

Tom keeps stating in his posts "I'm a good honest guy, everyone knows me from 3 years in the bitcoin community", but how he can possibly expect anyone to believe in him after this mess is beyond me. That post was just more of this zero information and I'll update you tomorrow BS. 
repentance

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 03:48:57 AM

I think there was something on the bASIC forum yesterday about phone numbers and people needing to arrange with Dave for Tom to call them - which implies he's not going to be taking inbound calls.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 04:00:53 AM

I would be very disappointed if we later learn that all the ASIC developers are in cohorts.

Really?  I'd think you'd be delighted.

BTW, it's 'cahoots'.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 04:11:24 AM

Do not worry. These ASIAN benefactors will not let anyone down.

EDIT: No seriously. This is hilarious.

ASIAN benefactors.

This is priceless.

I don't get it.  Is the quote from a movie or something?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 04:33:09 AM

To that day I've seen nothing but empty promises from Tom regarding his ASIC.

repentance

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 04:40:46 AM

I don't get it.  Is the quote from a movie or something?

No, it's funny because Tom appears to have been emphasising the fact that the new "benefactors" are ASIAN in order to reassure people that they will be able to ensure that the bASICs will actually get built and shipped in March.  Because nobody has a clue who these Asian benefactors are - and Tom drops dramabombs and then leaves questions unanswered "until tomorrow" - it's not reassuring people at all and customers are now expressing concern about their orders and their information being in the hands of a company which isn't based in the US.

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 04:45:33 AM

Do not worry. These ASIAN benefactors will not let anyone down.

EDIT: No seriously. This is hilarious.

ASIAN benefactors.

This is priceless.
I don't get it.  Is the quote from a movie or something?

See here:

FROM TOM:

Your new ASIAN benefactors will be online soon to greet you all and see where were are at and hopefully they can calm some of your nerves.

Tom

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: