Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:51:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bad news for bASIC - not shipping til mid Jan at best  (Read 25459 times)
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 10:14:36 AM

Unfortunately my bet was that either BFL or bASIC will be the first to deliver. I have a very good position in the queue (low order number) with both companys but no order with Avalon. I will wait a few weeks if BFL shows signs to ship the ASIC hardware (which I no longer expect) or if they shift again (I bet they will). If Avalon ships first my gamble is lost and there is no point in buying mining hardware anymore. In this case I continue buying BTC when the price is low. Mining when the diff is high makes no sense in my area.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jack1Rip1BurnIt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Trust me, these default swaps will limit the risks

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 10:47:45 AM

Canceling my orders with everyone (BFL, Basic). Time to go back to the original plan of waiting until someone actually has a product before i even consider ordering. The level of incompetence is mind numbing. Lets see how long people get strung along.

I'm right there along with you, although I do have an early order with BFL(like within the first hour kind of early!) but it was only for a jalepeno. So I wouldn't cancel that order even if I was freaking broke because $165 couldn't get me through a night at the titty bar let alone a financial bind. If they(BFL) can provide me with any evidence whatsoever that they will be shipping before the middle of January I might upgrade that Jalepeno to a Little Single because I can. Otherwise I guess I'm out of mining until someone starts delivering. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the bASIC bomb that got dropped earlier. Whatever happened must have been bad man. The only real scenario that I could imagine happened is Tom's engineering team was giving him a bullshit sandwich until sometime recently. It's all starting to make sense now that they would never give him any specifics like power or pictures! It's like they haven't even started his "project" yet. Crazy shit man. I will hit it hard when they(asics) are in the wild and I know exactly what I'm getting and how long it will take to get it. Until then I've got some other avenues to cruise through.

Successful trades with bels, misterbigg, ChrisNelson, shackleford, geniusboy91, and Isokivi.
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 11:41:52 AM

My next question would be, if the bASIC ASICs are already finished and in stock. The question was asked several times but was never answered. Tom did never acknowledge that the ASIC is in stock. Maybe his opinion about the manufacturing state of the ASIC is wrong as well?

If this question is not answered fast, I take this as a signal to cancel my bASIC order.
squeept

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 12:44:06 PM

My next question would be, if the bASIC ASICs are already finished and in stock. The question was asked several times but was never answered. Tom did never acknowledge that the ASIC is in stock. Maybe his opinion about the manufacturing state of the ASIC is wrong as well?

If this question is not answered fast, I take this as a signal to cancel my bASIC order.

They implied something with an ambiguous statement of "it's finished." When asked directly if that meant they had working chips in hand, the question is avoided.

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
squeept

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 03:57:09 PM

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the bASIC bomb that got dropped earlier. Whatever happened must have been bad man. The only real scenario that I could imagine happened is Tom's engineering team was giving him a bullshit sandwich until sometime recently.

My impression is that he's outsourcing every single aspect of the design, and each to a different team. He was given estimates on each aspect, lined them up, and expected everything to just work when all the independently designed parts got put together.

Everything was probably delivered exactly to spec, but since all these different firms couldn't communicate properly, they couldn't address all of the overlapping issues properly.

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
loufiethecat

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

Triple B Mining - triplebmining.com

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 11:41:05 PM

they changed companies awhile back for PCB board manufacturing, these guys are thorough, do no cut corners, 2 extra hashing cores means more space needed, which means a redesign and refit, most likely started when changed companies, they are working with more matter, therefore more time.  Roll Eyes

The Triple B Group

Hybrid BTC/LTC mining BOND GPU/ASIC-triplebmining.com

Triple B Delivery
loufiethecat

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

Triple B Mining - triplebmining.com

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 11:49:22 PM

conspiracy theory 93  Shocked
bASICly BFL and Tom have inadvertently ordered from the same Chinese manufacture that Avalon develop and work for and are having their boss's run on the end of some other job or they're allowed to forge their own and have been the english go between for both Tom and BFL and they know it having full control of release of cores to who and when and can top them all with an Ace in the hole plus another up the sleeve... ba ha hahha haa haaa. Lips sealed

The Triple B Group

Hybrid BTC/LTC mining BOND GPU/ASIC-triplebmining.com

Triple B Delivery
monkee (OP)

Activity: 172

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 01:32:28 AM

bASICly BFL and Tom have inadvertently ordered from the same Chinese manufacture that Avalon develop and work for and are having their boss's run on the end of some other job or they're allowed to forge their own and have been the english go between for both Tom and BFL and they know it having full control of release of cores to who and when and can top them all with an Ace in the hole plus another up the sleeve... ba ha hahha haa haaa. Lips sealed

yeah i was thinking to myself how funny it would be if all three came out with the same rebranded chinese machines at around the same time, haha

any possibility that Avalon is the dark horse in this race?  what's with the 600 w requirement though?
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 02:10:29 AM

yeah i was thinking to myself how funny it would be if all three came out with the same rebranded chinese machines at around the same time, haha

any possibility that Avalon is the dark horse in this race?  what's with the 600 w requirement though?

600W was just a broad guess, worst-case scenario type of thing. The latest word I've heard is they're expecting something like 160W? Don't quote me on that though, but it's definitely way down from the scary 600.

Will Avalon ship first? Or nearly first? Good Q., it's looking more and more likely though.  We might end up with some very surprising first-run winners chomping up all the easy BTC (assuming network hash rate drops to like half its current rate right around mid-Jan, oh myyy).
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 04:50:07 AM

It is 400w now. Probably lower by the next update. One can hope!
MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 04:58:23 AM

Is it that far out?

BFL checks on the other guys to see how long it will be before they ship and collect MORE pre-orders while not crushing the other competitors by shipping first.

win win win

everyone gets their asics at the same time and noone cancels their orders because their profit expectations just tanked and still goes lower by the day.

Sounds like a possibility to me....
psilan

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 05:44:27 AM

Is it that far out?

BFL checks on the other guys to see how long it will be before they ship and collect MORE pre-orders while not crushing the other competitors by shipping first.

win win win

everyone gets their asics at the same time and noone cancels their orders because their profit expectations just tanked and still goes lower by the day.

Sounds like a possibility to me....

Ohh my god what is wrong with some people?HuhHuh How does that sound like a possibility?

dip
bitmar

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 06:28:41 PM

Selling 1x32G 1x72G Order #642, DHL + INT shipping.
Mining profits were supposed to pay for Feb wedding. Not gonna happen for me now.

Could have been worse....
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 07:36:17 PM

squeept

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 07:24:18 PM

All memes are bad.

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 07:30:22 PM

All memes are bad.
Take it back!

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Jack1Rip1BurnIt

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 08:30:11 PM

What is a meme?

Successful trades with bels, misterbigg, ChrisNelson, shackleford, geniusboy91, and Isokivi.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 08:34:33 PM

What is a meme?
https://www.google.com/search?q=lolcat&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Jack1Rip1BurnIt

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 03:06:34 AM

I still don't know wtf a meme is.  Huh

beekeeper

Activity: 406

LTC

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 03:24:44 AM

I still don't know wtf a meme is.  Huh

A self replicating idea, a small demon jumping from one brain to another.

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: