Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:32:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bad news for bASIC - not shipping til mid Jan at best  (Read 25459 times)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 10:57:48 PM

I'm just frustrated with the fact that I could still be mining now....I sold everything for pre-orders
Me too, but on the same token, I wouldn't have been able to preorder without selling... so I'll (hopefully) be one of the first to mine with ASICs because of having an early preorder, but I sacrificed mining on everything but a couple GPU's in the meantime.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 04:52:39 AM

bASIC got spammed

<spam removed>

Unacceptable, please delete your post.  Thanks.

They have been getting spammed for a while now.  They do delete them, but not instantly.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 05:38:27 AM

bASIC got spammed

<spam removed>

Unacceptable, please delete your post.  Thanks.

They have been getting spammed for a while now.  They do delete them, but not instantly.

Got it  Wink

Just thought I'd bring to someone's attention  Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
squeept

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 03:53:16 PM

Any news?

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 04:04:58 PM

negatory -

seems like the only news lately is the bleak possibility of there being news "soon"

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
peasant

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

Cryptopreneur

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 04:28:40 PM

Relax guys, the holidays are right around the corner. Enjoy the time with your families. Don't expect anything until after the first full week of January. Just pray that it's not another delay that's released on the day you expect shipping to start.  Cheesy
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 08:52:20 PM

negatory -

seems like the only news lately is the bleak possibility of there being news "soon"

LOL the pattern of news matches that of pirateat40's response to the community when the shit hit the fan ..

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 09:14:56 PM

Agreed, the lack of updates is disturbing.

miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 10:32:13 PM

Not only that - but why would someone running the show think that it is absolutely acceptable to do this.. ??

I won't "relax" until I get what I paid for.. and that's as simple as I can put it..  It is in my (along with others) best interest to keep tabs on what is going on and NOT have to beg for updates or clear detailed information..

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 10:32:15 PM

It's why I got out, even though I was an early bASIC customer and had a mid-sized order early in the order count.

It's completely understandable for there to be delays, but the thing that scared me were the limited explanations thrown up for the significant delivery date miss, which didn't make any sense. A last minute "Board development" delay 2 weeks before shipping shouldn't have that much of an impact. The ASIC package should still be ready and you only need to redo the PCB board. Most importantly demos or proof of products should be possible. (Fabs work like clockwork and don't miss dates, so the packaged die should already have been completed.)

Many others asked many reasonable questions, and there was complete silence. That's when I bailed.

I wish Tom and others invested in bASIC luck, but I got the sense that Tom doesn't really understand ASIC development and so couldn't answer people's questions and was simply outsourcing the whole project, that is a problem. Outsourcing is fine, but you have to understand the development cycle and how to manage it.

I and many others received our money back fine, that tells me bASIC is not a pirate scam and on the up and up. Will be happy to re-invest, but at this point require real proof of product to do so.
squeept

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 02:19:00 AM

Yep, I think he outsourced to too many different places all at once and can't coordinate it all. Every team is probably just doing their own thing with complete disregard to the rest of the project. I'm betting the next update from them will be pretty easy to decipher in terms of sink or swim, so I'm pretty anxious to see what they have to say.

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 04:15:12 AM

Why just wait? Bet!
So far sentiment is that nothing will be coming in the first month of the year.

Personally if what Tom claims is true (they had prototypes from a MPW, the chips are ready) and all they're waiting on is the board, there's no reason that it shouldn't be possible to get it done this year and have PCB fab, and assembly done early January in time to start shipping mid January. Whether that happens is the big question.
squeept

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 08:27:17 PM

So, with the latest news from bASIC, why aren't there 2,000 threads calling them all liars and scammers? They've now pushed the date back again, lied about when Chinese New Year is, posted 6 consecutive news updates that simply say "the next update will have real news!", and most of all, they clearly lied about their chips being ready.

What? Only BFL takes shit for mistakes? Got it.

SAC

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 08:40:18 PM

So, with the latest news from bASIC, why aren't there 2,000 threads calling them all liars and scammers? They've now pushed the date back again, lied about when Chinese New Year is, posted 6 consecutive news updates that simply say "the next update will have real news!", and most of all, they clearly lied about their chips being ready.

BFL have lied at every opportunity Tom delivered on the FPGAs as he said perhaps that has bought him some good will or the useless drama queens that inhabit this board have more pressing threads to troll.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 08:46:25 PM

Tom did not actually announce a second delay, though one could conclude that the groundwork for such an announcement was being lain. If there is another delay he'll rightly take the heat for it. He sucks with calenders that's for certain.

poon-TANG

Activity: 150

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 09:25:06 PM

BFL have lied at every opportunity Tom delivered on the FPGAs as he said perhaps that has bought him some good will or the useless drama queens that inhabit this board have more pressing threads to troll.

+1

now just waiting for the "excuses" oh I mean reasons how bASIC is different from BFL.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 09:33:10 PM

+1

I honestly think that the bASIC will be the last of the major ASICs to ship. This is speculation, but I just don't see it. Avalon has the expertise, BFL has the funding, but bASIC just seems to be doing nothing except announcing a hosting plan. Not all that impressive, IMO.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 09:42:57 PM

Personally I'm slightly offended that bASIC used a "fake" chinese new year as an excuse. Those dates are not even close.

Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 10:00:25 PM

+1

+1

I honestly think that the bASIC will be the last of the major ASICs to ship. This is speculation, but I just don't see it. Avalon has the expertise, BFL has the funding, but bASIC just seems to be doing nothing except announcing a hosting plan. Not all that impressive, IMO.

+1

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 10:49:02 PM

Personally I'm slightly offended that bASIC used a "fake" chinese new year as an excuse. Those dates are not even close.

Don't you start too, your company have only really thrown the spitefulness back at others so far. bASIC haven't put themselves out to disparage the competition without being provoked, you should afford them the same courtesy. It's not impossible that they made a mistake on the timing of Chinese New Year, so to try and paint it as an intended offence edges you into Inaba/finger puppet territory.

Remember that BFL and it's shills (largely all one "man") hounded the bASIC project so relentlessly, mercilessly and shamelessly that they have abandoned this forum altogether, and they're starting to try to do the same to your project too. You've handled it well so far, but to indulge in the same hyperbolic mud-slinging is just totally unsporting, and unnecessary.

It will not: 

- speed your product delivery up
- slow bASIC's product delivery down
- win you any customers in the short term, seeing as you sold out quite some time ago and will not be accepting new customers until the 1st batch ships
- achieve anything except worsen your public reputation in the eyes of those that believe in the sanctity of a fair fight

Fucking stop it, the lot of you (that includes all of your multiple personalities Inaba, it will serve you right if you develop a schizophrenic disorder through your weirdo stalking)

Vires in numeris
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: