Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:28:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?  (Read 34261 times)
Vika NSFW

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2016, 06:18:57 PM

You should have to believe on bitcoin and have to save some money in the form of bitcoin

Ohh.
I'm not in the sect of "Investors in Bitcoin". Here is WHY:  $0.0001 of value for 1 Bitcoin in the Year 2020

Vika NSFW

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2016, 06:22:53 PM

If there is no internet in today's world then Most of the companies would stop running.

Check this market - no electricity and only cash.

Who need there the virtual currency?

chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 06:23:38 PM

Cash is anonymous at 99,99%
Cash is working with No Internet And with Black Out conditions.

Yeah make sense lol.

Physical transactions still dominates the whole money system and it will even we count for centuries. It will just changed it's form but the transaction system dealt directly remain the same.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 06:27:24 PM

I think it will not happen but if  there is a ww3 maybe it will happen bitcoin also will be useless and all cominication will gone satelite internet etc..
So bitcoin will be stuck in data base in online and bitcoin will be useless,,

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
diodio5

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 07:35:45 PM

about 10 billion dollars would be lost in bitcoins

I have no "Savings In Bitcoins".
I think the internet is impossible to be down in all countries? I think it may just internet down but not for all countries? if the internet down in one country alone would not provide any effect on bitcoin. because other countries are still able to conduct transactions and access bitcoin.
the point is it will be impossible for all the Internet can be down
AioFox

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 07:37:34 PM

I can't imagine if this happen since in order to access bitcoin it need synchronize to server.
In order to synchronize , it need internet to make it work. But if that happen forever , since bitcoin is a digital currency ( can't be hold ) we will lost it forever except you've convert it earlier before internet down !
StoreBit

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 07:53:51 PM

Someone have the Idea, how much villages in today's Russia have no electric energy supply?
About what Internet are You talking?

Cash 100%
of course everyone would get back to using cash though about 10 billion dollars would be lost in bitcoins then, i think that would be a huge problem among the people
no i think people will find other ways of using bitcoin. it depend on the interest of the people that how much people are interested there. and you will see that people will even then not leave to use bitcoin.
coinsocieties

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 07:57:03 PM

You have to understand that the internet is not one main central computer system which can go down.  For the internet to go down every internet service provider in the world would have to terminate.  If this happens for some reason, we have a lot more to worry about other than what would happen to Bitcoin.

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                  
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀                    

Powered by,
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 08:23:24 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2016, 07:59:08 AM by FLoving

You have to understand that the internet is not one main central computer system which can go down.  For the internet to go down every internet service provider in the world would have to terminate.  If this happens for some reason, we have a lot more to worry about other than what would happen to Bitcoin.

yeah, bitcoin is currently too younger in the world of internet there are a lot of other businesses and other matters related to the internet if internet gone down then a big destruction to the world system will be in wait, so developers will not let it to go down, for the sake of world business and world system maintenance they will struggle hard to keep internet alive.
coinsocieties

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 08:29:52 PM

You have to understand that the internet is not one main central computer system which can go down.  For the internet to go down every internet service provider in the world would have to terminate.  If this happens for some reason, we have a lot more to worry about other than what would happen to Bitcoin.

yeah, bitcoin is currently too younger in the world of internet there are a lot of other businesses and other matters related to the internet if internet gone down then a big destruction to the world system will be in wait so developers will not let it to go down.
No offence, but if the internet goes down, chances are that there is some sort of nuclear war going on.  The governments today depend on the internet world to communicate and no one knows how to use old communication systems.  Try to go without your phone for 1 week.  Some people would not know what to do.

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                  
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀