Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:23:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?  (Read 34261 times)
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:57:50 PM

Without internet Bitcoin is gone, so if the internet goes down bitcoin goes too.
Sexie

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:08:08 PM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

home internet and mobile internet goes down

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
.            Bitcoin without internet , of course, disabled, especiallly when we are n trading or selling Bitcoin. We dont even abled to monitor  transactions  So hard without internet, because  Bitcoin runs only with this. As being a digital currency, we cant do anything about it.  But if were sending money  to anybody around the world, we need cash through bank to bank bases that they can be processed when internet is available. In any transactions without internet we need cash.

center]EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) The Future of Hospitality
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ?   Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019 [/center]
snekinmyleg

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:13:23 PM

If something like that happens, then you will need to use your fiat currency or gold or any other precious metals. I don't even think about this scenario. It's too far away, if ever.
Bitcoin is heavily dependent on the Internet, and if the crash is severe, we will not be able to participate and track Bitcoin anymore. I think it is advisable to develop a way to pass Bitcoin directly through small banks and create paper-based Bitcoins.
Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:45:05 PM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
Internet completely shutting off seems impossible or unlikely to happen but if it somehow happen bitcoin will not disappear, It will stay there until internet goes back. It's just you will not be able to transfer bitcoin or buy and sell bitcoin. Well,It is not only bitcoin who will be affected when this happen, All of the crypto will experience the same thing.

barabut

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:46:32 PM

No bosy can cut the internet to stop the crypto currency market, this is not the way to do or limit the activity but at the end the authorities shall try to regulate the market.
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:54:32 PM

Well we will not longer be able to trade in Bitcoin although if the internet completely went down then we are in for a storm of problems.
If the internet connection goes down the price of bitcoin will also goes down and I agree that you could not able to trade in bitcoin and in any cryptocurrency. In addition to that, if the the internet goes down it have a negative effect in bitcoin community and industry and it will become our big problem.
Tatalk

Activity: 146

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:37:38 AM

Obviously if internet goes down, then entire BTC world would be stopped. As BTC or any other cryptocurrency is entirely based on the internet and I think this would be the biggest disadvantage of any cryptocurrency because they are the virtual one whose mode of transaction is completely based on access to internet. But in this modern era, I guess no internet connection is completely hypothetical because not only cryptocurrencies but our other needs are also dependent on internet so this is impossible but if worst happen and internet goes down then obviously there is no bitcoin.

veemon34

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:47:34 AM

if the internet goes down, i think bitcoin should be down too (because bitcoin is virtual coin). unless bitcoin turns into company stock. Roll Eyes
dvillier

Activity: 238
Merit: 57

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:13:09 AM

Well very good question. That what will happen if access of internet goes down.?
If access of internet goes down then the whole network of crypto currency will goes down not only BTC. Because crypto currency is leave due to access of internet. And i think crypto currency also need some back so that if there is any issue came in internet down then people can use other way to access crypto currency.
But i think it is not possible that whole world internet will down at a time because not only crypto but there are large number of other sources leaving due to Internet access.
Haxor321

Activity: 489
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:42:32 AM

It would be a great problem. But if it happens tjay internet goes down, bitcoin will not work and even other cryptocurrencies. As we all know, bitcoin works through the use of internet and if we don't have such then bitcoin will surely stop. But I think it won't happen, surely it will find a way to have it so nothing to worry because we are also in modern age now.
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:43:54 AM

If it does happen maybe some company will try to build and underground computer something that would actually work when there is a war above ground.
pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:46:50 AM

If internet goes down, then probably the people will experience the drawback of bitcoin because without internet, you can not transact bitcoin because the blockchain runs in the internet protocol. That's one of the disadvantages bitcoin has and the rest of the crypto currencies.

johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:50:15 AM

Thats the only way for governments to block crypocurrencies as they dont have any physical form of usage and its the only negative point of Bitcoin. I guess we have to find a way to bypass this problem in the long run.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
veemon34

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:50:58 AM

if the internet goes down, how can we mine or trade bitcoin? the answer is you can't. no internet it's mean no bitcoin too.
leimzdyh

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:19:56 AM

Its a sad thing to think..if the internet goes down i guess the developer of all cryptos find their ways to settle that problem but i think by now they find solution if that thing would happen. Bitcoin will be stop for a days but surely it will rise again and rule the crypyo world.

sheryl26

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:12:52 AM

If the internet connection will be down there are no chances we can transact bitcoins anymore because it needs an internet connection even an offline wallet need and internet connection if you are gonna use it. And not kust bitcoins but all the files that are saved in the internet because in the modern days all the files of the people are now been saved in the cloud in the internet and how can they access it if the internet is down anymore. So gor me it is impossible to down the internet connection in this period of time chaos will happen.
ezcrigbagk

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:18:24 AM

If something like that happens, then you will need to use your fiat currency or gold or any other precious metals. I don't even think about this scenario. It's too far away, if ever.
I think so, that kind of chance is too small.
Gringoblin67

Activity: 104

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:19:57 AM

If the internet stops working, then Bitcoin will also disappear is if it never existed. Without the internet, Bitcoin is nothing. But at this day and age, the internet is everything though.
Morgann

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:26:04 AM

Maybe bitcoin will die if internet goes down because bitcoin is internet dipendent we cannot use bitcoin without internet. But in the future if they make a real currency for bitcoin maybe it will not affect bitcoin when no internet.
xiaohao111

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:59:41 AM

I think that the Internet is almost impossible to disappear, it has become a part of our life, people can not do without the Internet, if the Internet disappeared, so there is no currency hope your idea will never happen
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: