Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 06:38:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 555 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network  (Read 1201097 times)
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 04:15:34 AM

2013 called and wanted their 8% pre-mine back.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 04:24:51 AM

2013 called and wanted their 8% pre-mine back.

More like 18%

But let's be realistic, Ethereum has a premine and a massive ICO and is still the #3 crypto (#4 if you include Ripple). Dash has a massive instamine/premine and is #4/#5. A premine doesn't necessarily mean DOA at this point. Long term maybe it becomes a problem. Enough people will give it a chance for a while though.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 04:31:23 AM

why you want online presence with email address Huh  do you try building user database or something ?

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
-Greed-

Activity: 910

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 04:50:48 AM

It was a long time ago when I saw an innovation in Cryptoland last time. Watching with great interest!

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 04:56:20 AM

I desire tacotime to go on record and state whether he is related or not to Jake Yocom-Piatt (Jacob Yocom-Piatt/Jacob Y Piatt) like at least two other known personnel making up Decred's staff are.
Buds

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 05:14:01 AM

Will be interesting to see where this goes definitely some innovative ideas from the team...

Watching to see where this goes..

peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 05:23:12 AM

Awesome! Signed up for the air drop by linking to my profile here! Good luck devs, looks like a solid contribution to the community and world! Best of luck to the endeavors!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 05:27:16 AM

Will be interesting to see where this goes definitely some innovative ideas from the team...

Watching to see where this goes..

I am excited to announce Coinvoice, a new Bitcoin payment processing service that allows businesses to invoice for goods and services worldwide in U.S. Dollars (USD) and get paid in Bitcoins (BTC). Coinvoice makes it easy for any merchant to receive BTC without them or their customers having to worry about the infrastructure necessary to conduct and process these transactions. So long as the merchant’s customers can pay in USD via wire transfer, certified check or money order, Coinvoice will pay out to the merchant in BTC.

The idea for Coinvoice arose out of a handful of conversations I had regarding Bitcoins and receiving payment for invoices using cryptocurrencies more generally. I had remarked to one of my associates that “it would be great to take payment for invoices in BTC”, but I acknowledged that it was a serious pain point to dictate to all of your customers “now you need to go get BTC to pay me”. Then I went on to suggest I would be willing to give a discount on the invoice amount if they paid in BTC, and the seed for Coinvoice was sowed.

Beyond making a business out of the scenario I described above, Coinvoice is meant to fulfill a vital need in the Bitcoin economy: putting BTC in the hands of business owners with less friction. Enabling businesses to more easily access BTC is overall a positive thing for the Bitcoin economy, and it will have positive secondary effects, e.g. more customers for sites that accept direct BTC payments. More generically, Coinvoice is meant to enable payment settlement from USD to BTC, whereas most existing payment processing services are built to facilitate settlement from BTC to USD or solely in BTC.

Our target audience with Coinvoice is pretty much any business that wants to have customers pay in USD and ultimately receive BTC as payment for goods and services. A few examples of the kinds of businesses I’m talking about are:

• IT contractor that invoices for their work at the end of each month
  • Chinese manufacturer that sells goods in the US
  • Vanuatu IBC that licenses intellectual property in the US

Coinvoice is meant to be used in a “traditional” business setting where invoices are issued and paid a number of days afterwards.

We are looking forward to enabling businesses to settle payments in BTC and helping grow the larger Bitcoin ecosystem. Coinvoice provides you with a safe, private, reliable and secure way for your business to receive BTC.

https://coinvoice.com now redirects to https://www.decred.org/.
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 05:44:34 AM

Gleb, I need to photoshop you an award that says World Record Holding Inspector Gadget Of The Interwebz Tongue
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 05:50:55 AM

Gleb, I need to photoshop you an award that says World Record Holding Inspector Gadget Of The Interwebz Tongue

I'll settle for the Pakled We-Look-For-Things Mother Ship.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 06:05:23 AM

@gleb, pls inform me if this coin is good Huh  i still dont get it...

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 06:24:50 AM

@gleb, pls inform me if this coin is good Huh  i still dont get it...

I have no idea if the coin is good or not. I'm just connecting the dots as to who the guys are running it, for it's obvious they've left off a few details, including tacotime's real connection, of which I'm giving him a chance to fess up.
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 07:35:23 AM

Good luck!

reserved

IOTA
YAdaminer

Activity: 829

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 10:06:51 AM

Well, it look interesting, but...
I'm not sure that 8% premine - 4% for development and 4% for airdrop plus 10% allocation from each block for further development is the right way.
Also 0.49$ per coin is like seting ICO price for premine and by saying "...all coins owned by developers will either be purchased at a rate of USD 0.49 per coin from their own pockets or exchanged for work" you basically presented closed ICO.
Anyway we'll see how this will turn out. All negative things we saw in crypto system joined together maybe can give something positive but I guess only time will tell.
Should be interesting to participate.
Watching!
ne0_cortex

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 10:11:24 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2015, 10:23:33 AM by ne0_cortex

Created an account (finally) just to follow this.  Looks really interesting!

Reserved.

Grin Grin same here this is very exciting! Im interested in making this a viable medium of transfer of fiat especially in Africa. I'm thinking cross country. How Do I get in touch with the developers?
RobbieRoor

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 10:58:50 AM

After read this I have too say I am truly excited about this. I think it's just amazing that someone is creating a crypto-currency that EVERYONE has a say and vote that matter's for the future of the project. It give's power to the people. And nothing is greater than that.. Very exciting project!
_ingsoc

Activity: 452
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 11:38:46 AM

Wow, Gleb! I second this. You have dumped a ton of information here. I just woke up to all of this, and am trying to catch up on all the activity.

I want to give you my perspective on this as a community member, an individual working on the project, and as a matter of public record. I've been involved in the project since 2013 when I got to know tacotime. It was purely theoretical at that point - his work on hybridising PoW/PoS. There was an obvious desire to turn this into something practical, but things were absolutely crazy. Tons of ICOs everywhere. We considered at that point to do something similar - before things even got that crazy - but when lots of projects started taking people's money without deliverables, we got really concerned about the ethics of the matter, since there was always a possibility the project could fail and we'd let all those people down. This was especially worrisome as tacotime would be the only dev. We decided against this and would rather not have his work come to fruition than take the risk to mess people up like that.

So in late 2013 I learned about c0 (Conformal Systems at the time) and got to know Jacob through their open-source work. Obviously btcsuite represented, even at that time, a monumental contribution to Bitcoin development given all the devs employed to work on it. Bear in mind not all btcsuite devs (btcd and btcwallet primarily at the time) were employed, and we should all know these other people for their work and contributions to the ecosystem. Having said that, btcsuite is primarily the funded open-source contribution of c0. You can look at their Github account for that.

I wanted to find a way to bring the talent and effort I saw in their Bitcoin development and contributions to alternative cryptocurrencies - because why not? That's where we can try new things and experiment with new ideas. If you forget about the negative connotations some people hold against "alts", you can bring the same quality and progress seen in packages likes those in btcsuite elsewhere. That was my motivation in approaching c0 on behalf of myself as an individual and tacotime. It turned out c0 shared a lot of our philosophies of collaborative governance and pushing for alternative systems - not at the expense of Bitcoin, but as an extension of technology. It's healthy for the overall ecosystem, and we'll fight for this.

So then development began in early 2014 and here we are. The project didn't take anyone's money and it never will. The project isn't even ours - "we" are custodians trying to boost it so it can become collaborative. If we screw up, someone should call us out and take that position from us. That is healthy and proper governance. I want to get out of the mindset that it's "our" project. It's your project. As soon as it's public after testing, you can come and work on the code and become respected and established in the community based on your merit, not based on anything else. To me that's a fair system - none of us are anything else than people interested in this technology. We fill our positions on that basis - we get done what needs doing to get it up and running. Yeah, sure, we've put years of effort into it - but that's that, we do it as individuals because we love it. Anyone can come work on this. That's the system the project wants, and we'll all stand by that personally too. We'll also defend that philosophy as I am trying to do for you now.

(I'm going to split my response to you so I don't write essays in one post, so give me a sec so I can write it - I'm doing this in real-time and there's a lot to address here!)

decred (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 236

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 11:52:47 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2015, 12:08:18 PM by decred

Thank you for not making this thread a self-moderated one. I promise to be kind unless ... (assuming you know what 'unless' consist of). To date, I like what I see, sans uber minor issues.

Gleb, this is _ingsoc now responding with the project account to back up my long response above to you. Basically I'm the dumbest member interested in the project, so I'd rather the other guys work on code (the stuff the actually matters in the end instead of arguing on here!). I want to single out this point you made. This thread is not self-moderated because Decred as a project will never censor you. Never.

The only exception to this is if you do crazy stuff like make death threats and dox people personally (like their families, etc. for no reason) - pretty much horrible things. You haven't done this at all, and I am taken aback at the effort you've gone through to find information. In fact, it's almost unbelievable to me! I believe you are acting out of the interest of the community and those interested in the project, so I am going to respond to your points. For opinion and public information, you have complete freedom and this is why I am taking all this time to respond to you specifically. Everyone working on this project cares deeply about free speech and will defend it for you - even if it sucks for us individually (that will never change in the future either).
decred (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 236

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 12:00:10 PM

I desire tacotime to go on record and state whether he is related or not to Jake Yocom-Piatt (Jacob Yocom-Piatt/Jacob Y Piatt) like at least two other known personnel making up Decred's staff are.

The others are still asleep. Once they catch up to this, and have information on what you've provided, I'll ask them to come on here and give you what they want to share about themselves. It's in the interest of the project to keep the account for project related matters (in my opinion as a person typing this), so this will be addressed individually by people working on the project.
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 12:33:59 PM

Hello Decred Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 555 »
  Print  

Jump to: