Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:22:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 555 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network  (Read 1201080 times)
Dexter12

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 05:45:16 PM

I do not know if someone mentioned it , but [DCR] is already taken by DeltaCredits.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1155319.0

Yeah I also just checked their thread. Dead, De-listed because of no volume and a broken PoS network. I think its safe to use the ticker for this coin.

So I assume you can not read. DeltaCredits is not dead! It got delisted from c-cex, that is right, but its still been traded on Yobit.
And where did you get the information about broken POS?
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 05:50:01 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2015, 06:16:44 PM by ocminer

Wall of text.
Is it POW? Countdown?

tl dr
Its an ICO with POW afterwards and a special algo/miner .. maybe think a little like ETH Smiley

Countdown on their homepage.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 06:15:54 PM

LoL 31 day till Launch.. not bad Wink
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 06:19:21 PM

awful name. "cred" makes me think credibility and the "de" prefix makes it sound like this currency has none. what will the singular form be? people will read it and not even have a guess of how to pronounce it because it looks like half a word.

i guess its better than a cutsey video game type name but you nerds really ought to ask someone with at least a little bit of marketing creativity for some insight.

good luck though  Wink

I'm not thrilled with the name either; it's somehow cacophonous. I suggest a brainstorming session, if the devs are open to alternatives.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 06:26:34 PM

awful name. "cred" makes me think credibility and the "de" prefix makes it sound like this currency has none. what will the singular form be? people will read it and not even have a guess of how to pronounce it because it looks like half a word.

i guess its better than a cutsey video game type name but you nerds really ought to ask someone with at least a little bit of marketing creativity for some insight.

good luck though  Wink

I'm not thrilled with the name either; it's somehow cacophonous. I suggest a brainstorming session, if the devs are open to alternatives.

In essence, you're seeking a quorum to brainstorm the renaming of Decred to something having more cred. How 'bout DeCred.icio.us.
mycryptovault

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 06:31:00 PM

I don't mind the name, I'm just glad they left off Coin.

"Analogue Security for a Digital World - Cold Storage Solutions for any Crypto-Currency"
www.mycryptovault.net
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 06:37:48 PM

I don't mind the name, I'm just glad they left off Coin.

So, no keen with Decred.co.in, eh?
ozboy2014

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 07:08:13 PM

Deltacredits is still active...

Where can I buy Decred? Thanks.
stupiduser

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 12:53:34 AM

How to download the program for mining? It will be effective only on the ASIC? When can I start mining? Roll Eyes
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 02:43:23 AM

good luck though  Wink

The name is OK but looks like 'decrepit' to me.   Tongue  D-cred or Dcred is cleaner and dcr.edu is available...

What's the blocktime?  2 min?  10 min?  Is it up for a vote?  Same for max_block_size?  Is there a Monero-like penalty for large blocks?

Is everything up for a vote (including the ~21e6 coin limit)?

And we need to talk about the logo...   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 04:21:26 AM

good luck though  Wink

The name is OK but looks like 'decrepit' to me.   Tongue  D-cred or Dcred is cleaner and dcr.edu is available...

What's the blocktime?  2 min?  10 min?  Is it up for a vote?  Same for max_block_size?  Is there a Monero-like penalty for large blocks?

Is everything up for a vote (including the ~21e6 coin limit)?

dCred.it and 4Cred.it are still both available.
www.www

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 07:40:02 AM

Always interested in the dispute POW v POS. If the coin is successful then the question can be closed.
I wish success to the development team. With the help of the community. Followed. Grin
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 07:50:21 AM

I like this one and i will be mining.
ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 09:09:51 AM

Those who buy into this wannabe crap deserve to get screwed up hard.
decred (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 236

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 09:12:36 AM

Where can I buy Decred? Thanks.

Answered in IRC, but for others' info, you should be able to buy Decred from people/exchanges after mainnet is live - after the projected date of Jan 18th. For now, you can sign up for the airdrop if you want to participate and contribute to the building up of the project with others - but that is strictly unconditional, meaning you won't be held to any expectations (but everyone hopes you do care enough to participate when you sign up).

How to download the program for mining? It will be effective only on the ASIC? When can I start mining? Roll Eyes

There will be a simple GPU miner built for AMD/nVidia cards. The project will start working with everyone interested in mining to help them set it all up in the week of Jan 4th - which is, as it stands, the projected date to turn testnet on.

dCred.it and 4Cred.it are still both available.

That's pretty cool! Haven't thought about shortening "decred" to "dcred". Both could work well without necessarily being a "change" in name. Super hard to get consensus on a name though - especially when something is new and people are just now beginning to learn about the project and what it represents. One very positive thing about the name "Decred" is that the project was able to secure top-level domains (.com/.org/.net) for a short name, which is somewhat unusual and will help a lot for a general audience as it grows.

What's the blocktime?  2 min?  10 min?  Is it up for a vote?  Same for max_block_size?  Is there a Monero-like penalty for large blocks? Is everything up for a vote (including the ~21e6 coin limit)?

Hey iCEBREAKER! Never got the chance to thank you for stopping by. The plan now is to collect all technical questions for the day and answer them in one shot. The devs are working pretty hard, so these are noted and there will be a post to answer them specifically today.

Hah, yes. The vast majority of people working on Decred at the moment are not design-oriented. There has already been interest from new participants in playing with the logo here and here. Anyone who wants to mess with the logo can download .svg files here and here. But a warning: current Decred people are devs, not designers - so any help is greatly appreciated!
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 10:13:38 AM

dCred.it

Nicely nicely, Brothers Isley.   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
sambiohazard

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 01:14:52 PM

I have an alternate idea regarding airdrop.

I think we can divide the community airdrop into two parts say 80/20. Now those who want to get involved with their work or by taking important roles can be given 20% of coins as they work. Rest of the coin should be put aside for 2 months. After two months people who are holding coins should be invited to sign a message with there address & share it with devs, people who have mined/staked, run nodes, or just steadily accumulated the coins on market should be given the coins in equal amounts as they show they want to be a part of community & will hold the airdrop & not just dump it. Also, we can sort list with people with least coins on top so distribution gets diverse.

This will allow those who are helping with bg infrastructure of coin an incentive to remain involved & also reduce dumps to the market in initial phase of the project. With current scheme its very hard to tell who is truly commited or not. Also my proposal will  help build initial infrastructure for the coin with an incentive for people to get involved in other important activities other than coding. I am not a coder or great with PR/relationship building but i want to help & get involved to best of my abilities. This will give me some incentive to do that, although i will do it anyways as i like the idea of this coin very much.

I hope i am not being naive here with this idea. Please do tell me if i am wrong or missing something.

Regards

Sam Smiley

So, should i assume that airdrop is not up for discussion?

Also, the name could be D(ecentralized)-Cred(it), so D-Cred with ticker DCRD

@decred I still dont get the starting block reward, can you give me a number?
decred (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 05:49:01 PM

So, should i assume that airdrop is not up for discussion?

Everything is up for discussion - but at this point in time all effort the project has is going into making sure the technology works as intended and is tested properly. That's the primary focus now. The logic behind the structure of the airdrop is for it to be as simple as possible. It will all be over in a single block.

Also, the name could be D(ecentralized)-Cred(it), so D-Cred with ticker DCRD

Funny you should mention that, pretty sure it came up in early discussions. In all likelihood it'll end up being a made-up word now in terms of meaning - have it take on a meaning people ascribe to it over time.

@decred I still dont get the starting block reward, can you give me a number?

AlexNT01

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:17:37 PM

So ONLY people that are contributing to this coin like coders can get this coin? I don't know anything about coding but would like to get some of these coins to stake up, so what do I need to do in order to either earn some or be in the airdrop? I tried to go to your website https://www.decred.org/ but either it's not working or I don't have permission to actually go there, so how do I sign up or show support as a non coder?
decred (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 06:28:05 PM

So ONLY people that are contributing to this coin like coders can get this coin? I don't know anything about coding but would like to get some of these coins to stake up, so what do I need to do in order to either earn some or be in the airdrop?

Non-coders are welcome! The project is inclusive by design and in its philosophy going forward. If you are interested in contributing in the future, there's a place for you, even if you haven't contributed to things in the past. All we ask is that you submit some form of online presence so we can filter out people who have no real interest, since the project will be built on contributors. Even a forum account where you've talked and thought about the issues is sufficient to be included in the airdrop. It's a crude mechanism to try and act in the best interest of the starting conditions of the project (balanced against the realities of building technology like Decred).

I tried to go to your website https://www.decred.org/ but either it's not working or I don't have permission to actually go there, so how do I sign up or show support as a non coder?

The web site is up and running on this end. Can anyone else confirm problems? If you continue having problems, contact @decredproject on Twitter or post in r/decred on reddit for help with getting submitted for the airdrop.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 555 »
  Print  

Jump to: