Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:24:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 ... 555 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network  (Read 1201066 times)
Gaman

Activity: 284
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:05:03 AM

Has anyone else noticed the curious trend in cryptocurrency prices right now where the value of the lowest priced coins is growing by the largest % despite them having a huge coin supply? To me this says that the cryptocurrency space is overflowing with inexperienced traders/investors who have no idea what market cap is or how it's calculated. FOMO fever is the only explanation for this. People just hearing about cryptocurrency feel like they missed the boat on bitcoin and are trying to catch the next big thing. These are the same people who think that they need to be able to afford a whole coin. Take Cardano for example.. at a price of ~$1 it seems like a steal and people like owning a whole coin of something instead of a small fraction of a bitcoin, but then you look closer and see that there is a whopping 25,927,070,538 ADA.  That's about 1500x more coins than bitcoin! In a rational market scarcity is what drives up price and many of these coins have billions yet this market seems to be unable to do basic math and rewards it! Crazy.

Why is this relevant to Decred?

Decred ($109, 6,491,330 DCR) has the smallest circulating supply of the top 50 coins with the exception of only Veritaseum ($377, 2,036,645 VERI) and ZCash ($578, 2,948,644). (Bitconnect doesn't count because it is a ponzi scheme) Now cut the circulating Decred coin supply in half due to them being locked up in POS mining. On this simple metric alone the price of Decred in the current market landscape should be so much higher. If and when this irrational market we find ourselves in ever starts to resemble reality then it will put a smile on Decred holders.

Disclaimer: I don't care about technical analysis or swing trading at all. I only hold coins long term for the projects I believe in. In this case it looks like the Decred price is still at least an order of magnitude lower than it should be.

Agree with everything you said + the disclaimer. Although I do trade a little with small % of portfolio when chance occurs

What do you think the long term value should be?

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
versprichnix

Activity: 876
Merit: 291

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:16:49 PM

I do not find a working dcr explorer. Entering an address into the address field of https://explorer.dcrdata.org/ doesn't show me information as expected. Any hint?
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 12:18:12 PM

I do not find a working dcr explorer. Entering an address into the address field of https://explorer.dcrdata.org/ doesn't show me information as expected. Any hint?

https://mainnet.decred.org/

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Anon11073

Activity: 896
Merit: 289

Twitter: @BTY_11073

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 12:21:25 PM

Is the Decred Paymetheus wallet still supported or not? Or is it replaced by this Decredition wallet?

The wallet is supported for now, but not much further development is expected. Eventually Decredition will be the only supported wallet.
Thank you, I used Paymetheus Wallet until now, but I think I will switch to Decredition Wallet soon.

Can you tell me the big difference between Paymetheus Wallet and Decredition Wallet?
Are there any caveats for migration?

I migrated from Paymetheus to the Decredition wallet some months ago primarily because I was looking for better staking control and am very happy I did so. As long as you have your seed words you can always regenerate your wallet.

Thank you, you've been so helpful.

Today, I moved from Paymetheus Wallet to Decredition Wallet.
For now, it's easy to use and a good wallet...

I'm a former moderator of Bitcointalk Japanere borad.
Decred is a true community governance cryptocurrency.
versprichnix

Activity: 876
Merit: 291

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:52:18 PM

https://mainnet.decred.org/

Thanks, works well.
jackjackfly

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

To buy or not to buy - that is the question ;)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:05:47 PM

Hey guys, I'm new, have just found Decred, so can anyone tell what are they now? How are they doing now? Need someone's experience about using their wallet, how safe it is? I want start using it.

Wanna tame crypto? Join our Cryptotamers community https://t.me/cryptotamers =)
gghost

Activity: 36
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:39:19 PM

Has anyone else noticed the curious trend in cryptocurrency prices right now where the value of the lowest priced coins is growing by the largest % despite them having a huge coin supply? To me this says that the cryptocurrency space is overflowing with inexperienced traders/investors who have no idea what market cap is or how it's calculated. FOMO fever is the only explanation for this. People just hearing about cryptocurrency feel like they missed the boat on bitcoin and are trying to catch the next big thing. These are the same people who think that they need to be able to afford a whole coin. Take Cardano for example.. at a price of ~$1 it seems like a steal and people like owning a whole coin of something instead of a small fraction of a bitcoin, but then you look closer and see that there is a whopping 25,927,070,538 ADA.  That's about 1500x more coins than bitcoin! In a rational market scarcity is what drives up price and many of these coins have billions yet this market seems to be unable to do basic math and rewards it! Crazy.

Decred ($109, 6,491,330 DCR) has the smallest circulating supply of the top 50 coins with the exception of only Veritaseum ($377, 2,036,645 VERI) and ZCash ($578, 2,948,644). (Bitconnect doesn't count because it is a ponzi scheme) Now cut the circulating Decred coin supply in half due to them being locked up in POS mining. On this simple metric alone the price of Decred in the current market landscape should be so much higher. If and when this irrational market we find ourselves in ever starts to resemble reality then it will put a smile on Decred holders.

Disclaimer: I don't care about technical analysis or swing trading at all. I only hold coins long term for the projects I believe in. In this case it looks like the Decred price is still at least an order of magnitude lower than it should be.

Agree with everything you said + the disclaimer. Although I do trade a little with small % of portfolio when chance occurs

I'd be lying if I claimed to know what the long term price should be. Price discovery should happen naturally as a result of the free markets. With that being said, based on the current total cryptocurrency market cap, the limited circulating coin supply, the talented Devs, and what I believe to be superior tech of Decred, I think the price of Decred should be over $1000 relative to the other coins once the attention shifts from quick buck pump and dump coins to legitimate society altering technologies.

The reason why I think the price of Decred must be stated in terms relative to other coins and the total cryptocurrency market is because to some degree cryptocurrency is still an experiment. A few assumptions are being made in order to get to these growing valuations.

1) That the consensus mechanisms underlying POW and/or POS cannot be undermined. To this date there have been no successful hacks or exploits on bitcoins code but in the unlikely event that one is found there would be a devastating correction on the entire market. 9+ years of the brightest white and black hat hackers attacking bitcoin's network have not found anything so this is a great indicator of confidence in the network but on the other hand look at the latest security vulnerability in intel chips.. anything is possible. The stakes are high but so are the rewards. For the first time in human history people have the option to be in control of their own money (you are not in control of the money you store in banks).

2) Mass adoption and acceptance of cryptocurrency as a store of value is coming and will lead to large institutions and 401k funds to begin allocating a percentage of assets into cryptocurrency as part of a diversified portfolio.

3) They will be able to scale. This is not just Decred's challenge but all cryptocurrency will need to be able to increase the number of transactions per second if they are to cut out the middlemen (visa/banks) and be used for everyday transactions (like daily coffee) as promised in the original bitcoin whitepaper. This is an active area of research and development.

And a couple Decred specific assumptions:

4) Decred's governance and superior tech is finally recognized by the market. The truth is that many people haven't even heard of Decred. If Decred is added to more exchanges such as Coinbase and exchanges in the eastern markets, awareness and acceptability will increase. Yes this is true for all coins but the point here is that if people had more time to understand the technology behind the coins they are buying they would understand that Decred is a better mousetrap. Who wouldn't buy the better mousetrap?

5) Decred is resistant to forking which siphons off value from the main chain and errodes confidence. This is by design because Decred stakeholders have a voice via stake voting unlike bitcoin. People don't want to have to ask themselves if they are holding the right "flavor" of bitcoin every morning due to the endless forks that are a result of their dysfunctional governance.

6) Decred's performance relative to other cryptocurrencies will increase. Decred can totally replace bitcoin, bitcoin does nothing that Decred doesn't do better. It can also siphon value from other coins with weaker governance (DASH) and if the privacy features are good can siphon value from the leading anonymous coins (ZEC, ZEN, ZCL, XMR, etc). This has not happened yet but is likely to happen since Decred in theory is much more agile than other currencies due to it's built in voting. As was seen in the speed in which lightning network integration was proposed, voted on, and nearly integrated Decred can quickly implement new original features as well as assimilate the best features from other cryptocurrencies and pivot the intended use as directed by the stakeholders votes. (Decred Dev's please correct me if I am over promising but this is how I understand it)

7) This is a more minor point. When Decred Asics are introduced it might remove the constant sell pressure caused by Claymore Dual mining. I'm not sure that I buy that Decred asic owners are more likely to hold onto coins. I also haven't decided whether I think that asics are good or bad for the network but I think this is worth noting as removal of significant sell pressure would quicken the price discovery.

If those assumptions are true then the total cryptocurrency marketcap will raise to at least several trillion and therefore in the coming years the price will increase many fold. No one will believe me if I post a long term sustainable price because human minds are trained to think linearly however increases in network usage affect the price of a limited supply of coins exponentially. I think it will go beyond bitcoin's current value.  
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:26:31 PM

Has anyone else noticed the curious trend in cryptocurrency prices right now where the value of the lowest priced coins is growing by the largest % despite them having a huge coin supply? To me this says that the cryptocurrency space is overflowing with inexperienced traders/investors who have no idea what market cap is or how it's calculated. FOMO fever is the only explanation for this. People just hearing about cryptocurrency feel like they missed the boat on bitcoin and are trying to catch the next big thing. These are the same people who think that they need to be able to afford a whole coin. Take Cardano for example.. at a price of ~$1 it seems like a steal and people like owning a whole coin of something instead of a small fraction of a bitcoin, but then you look closer and see that there is a whopping 25,927,070,538 ADA.  That's about 1500x more coins than bitcoin! In a rational market scarcity is what drives up price and many of these coins have billions yet this market seems to be unable to do basic math and rewards it! Crazy.

I'd be lying if I claimed to know what the long term price should be. Price discovery should happen naturally as a result of the free markets. With that being said, based on the current total cryptocurrency market cap, the limited circulating coin supply, the talented Devs, and what I believe to be superior tech of Decred, I think the price of Decred should be over $1000 relative to the other coins once the attention shifts from quick buck pump and dump coins to legitimate society altering technologies.

The reason why I think the price of Decred must be stated in terms relative to other coins and the total cryptocurrency market is because to some degree cryptocurrency is still an experiment. A few assumptions are being made in order to get to these growing valuations.

1) That the consensus mechanisms underlying POW and/or POS cannot be undermined. To this date there have been no successful hacks or exploits on bitcoins code but in the unlikely event that one is found there would be a devastating correction on the entire market. 9+ years of the brightest white and black hat hackers attacking bitcoin's network have not found anything so this is a great indicator of confidence in the network but on the other hand look at the latest security vulnerability in intel chips.. anything is possible. The stakes are high but so are the rewards. For the first time in human history people have the option to be in control of their own money (you are not in control of the money you store in banks).

2) Mass adoption and acceptance of cryptocurrency as a store of value is coming and will lead to large institutions and 401k funds to begin allocating a percentage of assets into cryptocurrency as part of a diversified portfolio.

3) They will be able to scale. This is not just Decred's challenge but all cryptocurrency will need to be able to increase the number of transactions per second if they are to cut out the middlemen (visa/banks) and be used for everyday transactions (like daily coffee) as promised in the original bitcoin whitepaper. This is an active area of research and development.

4) Decred's governance and superior tech is finally recognized by the market. The truth is that many people haven't even heard of Decred. If Decred is added to more exchanges such as Coinbase and exchanges in the eastern markets, awareness and acceptability will increase. Yes this is true for all coins but the point here is that if people had more time to understand the technology behind the coins they are buying they would understand that Decred is a better mousetrap. Who wouldn't buy the better mousetrap?

5) Decred is resistant to forking which siphons off value from the main chain and errodes confidence. This is by design because Decred stakeholders have a voice via stake voting unlike bitcoin. People don't want to have to ask themselves if they are holding the right "flavor" of bitcoin every morning due to the endless forks that are a result of their dysfunctional governance.

6) Decred's performance relative to other cryptocurrencies will increase. Decred can totally replace bitcoin, bitcoin does nothing that Decred doesn't do better. It can also siphon value from other coins with weaker governance (DASH) and if the privacy features are good can siphon value from the leading anonymous coins (ZEC, ZEN, ZCL, XMR, etc). This has not happened yet but is likely to happen since Decred in theory is much more agile than other currencies due to it's built in voting. As was seen in the speed in which lightning network integration was proposed, voted on, and nearly integrated Decred can quickly implement new original features as well as assimilate the best features from other cryptocurrencies and pivot the intended use as directed by the stakeholders votes. (Decred Dev's please correct me if I am over promising but this is how I understand it)

7) This is a more minor point. When Decred Asics are introduced it might remove the constant sell pressure caused by Claymore Dual mining. I'm not sure that I buy that Decred asic owners are more likely to hold onto coins. I also haven't decided whether I think that asics are good or bad for the network but I think this is worth noting as removal of significant sell pressure would quicken the price discovery.

If those assumptions are true then the total cryptocurrency marketcap will raise to at least several trillion and therefore in the coming years the price will increase many fold. No one will believe me if I post a long term sustainable price because human minds are trained to think linearly however increases in network usage affect the price of a limited supply of coins exponentially. I think it will go beyond bitcoin's current value.  

Very well said. Decred had a real chance of replacing Bitcoin as the store of value coin (digital gold), or at least it will likely be one of the few strong store of value coins. The chosen store of value coin(s) will be the highest price cryptoasset in the long run (from the book Cryptoassets). Sure I own 20 or so different coins, but Decred is the only one on the do not sell ANY for 3+ years list. Seriously hodl this one tight.
bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:37:54 PM

nice post this sums up large part of how I think about decred as well Smiley. Although I think we need more exposier to gain real succes. More exchanges and marketing. There are many really good projects(like factom and decred)  that have a much lower marketcap then so many pumped up BS projects because there is no marketing. But with high liquidity and the right marketing it can be a succes maybe not for all in the long run but still some projects will because of all the attention and especially liquidity the get with it. You see it with lots of penny coins on binance lately its insane to see how some projects are pumped into oblivion while their only a few months old.

I understand that decred first want to build a solid network and that is/was fine by me but I think now it needs to step up with marketing, exchanges to gain more liquidity, cause the liquidity for decred is really bad imo. Its the only thing about decred that really worries me. And I know that some maybe most people here will say it will come when the tech is done and that is partially true but it will be so much more if the attention was on decred already. We are missing out on a lot of new interested people that just never heard of us, let alone understand why decred is such a beautiful project. You cant expect for all these new people coming to crypto to research and understand all projects of the top 200 on coinmarketcap. I sincerely hope this will be more addressed on the short term. Not always the best technology wins in the end it must be a combination of good developers, groundwork, vision but also marketing and liquidity without those people just wont notice decred. I hope we can vote on some marketing proposals in the near future.

I will hold though been holding for almost 2 years now. lots of good things coming in 2018 that make me very excited about decred. Its just that I hope people will notice decred more in 2018 trough some marketing and liquidity then we have seen in 2017.  
zeerobje

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

SHPING Presale:22-31 JAN / Crowdsale:22 FEB-23 MAR

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:27:27 PM

Hello Decred,

I have a problem with my wallet on mac book, my wallet is loading nothing i see only a logo. Is it possible te reinstall a new wallet by using my seed?

Best Regards
bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:44:31 AM

Hello Decred,

I have a problem with my wallet on mac book, my wallet is loading nothing i see only a logo. Is it possible te reinstall a new wallet by using my seed?

Best Regards

As long as you have your seed you can always do a reinstall of every wallet for decred. Just fill in the seed again and you will have your balance back. I don't know why it's not loading though
Anon11073

Activity: 896
Merit: 289

Twitter: @BTY_11073

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 02:50:58 AM

Hey guys, I'm new, have just found Decred, so can anyone tell what are they now? How are they doing now? Need someone's experience about using their wallet, how safe it is? I want start using it.
Welcome! Follow the guide on Decred's official website.
https://www.decred.org/#guide

You can download a wallet suitable for your OS or you can use web wallet.
It is not difficult at all.

I'm a former moderator of Bitcointalk Japanere borad.
Decred is a true community governance cryptocurrency.
IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:44:07 AM

Very well said. Decred had a real chance of replacing Bitcoin as the store of value coin (digital gold), or at least it will likely be one of the few strong store of value coins. The chosen store of value coin(s) will be the highest price cryptoasset in the long run (from the book Cryptoassets). Sure I own 20 or so different coins, but Decred is the only one on the do not sell ANY for 3+ years list. Seriously hodl this one tight.

Please, read from my soul more.  Wink  Cheesy

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
zis700

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:35:16 AM

Wow, so unimaginable that when I left Singapore it was only $ 30 and now it has reached $ 120,do well
saucedaddy

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:11:05 PM

I completely agree, just by talking to friends who are noobs to the space, constant questions about ripple and litecoin, because bitcoin is to expensive. Just look at every coin under a dollar. I realized Decred has such low volume because of the sacristy, and half being lock up. the other 3 million seem to just be getting HODLED by people who realize what they have. The project is still young, just wait till more of the coin supply is out. It's just a matter of time
olympys

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:22:11 PM

Decred is working day and night, development keeps progressing. Can't wait to see it in full glory come 2018. I think it will take a place amongst the top 15 currencies. Fingers crossed. Keep up the good work.
saucedaddy

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:38:15 PM

I am really curious about the plans for privacy, is there any ideas on what tech/concepts will be used i.e. Ring signatures, ZK-SNARKS etc.
TeamTT

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:53:54 PM

Decred is working day and night, development keeps progressing. Can't wait to see it in full glory come 2018. I think it will take a place amongst the top 15 currencies. Fingers crossed. Keep up the good work.

Decred is almost all the time at the top of sprnova mining pool by the number of miners. Stable and very secure network is extremely important and brings a lot of value to the project, I think it's Decred big advantage.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
FNetV1

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:01:11 AM

Does this coin has any block reward halving for PoW mining?  Are there any future limitations for PoW block rewards besides what the pie chart says about PoW % and PoS %?  Or is Proof of Work mining a constant reward until all PoW blocks has been exhausted?  How many more years or months do we have before PoW is exhausted and people can only do PoS?

~~Ad Space Available!  PM: FNetV1 with your offers~~
Jack Liver
Legendary

Activity: 1981
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:08:27 AM

deCRED is a deflationary cryptocurrency like bitcoin with a same supply and a similar emission curve but instead of halving events the block reward adjusts every 6,144 blocks (approximately 21.33 days) by reducing by a factor of 100/101.

here you can find more details about this

https://docs.decred.org/advanced/inflation/
Pages: « 1 ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 ... 555 »
  Print  

Jump to: