Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:39:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is the global currency of Earth  (Read 7816 times)
faridkifly

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:34:21 AM

Just because its more expensive than USD, doesn't mean its better.

BTC is barely used anywhere at all. Which makes it alot less 'valuable' in my eyes.

yeah i agree. for me, everything have 2 sides like coin. good side, and bad side
on the good side we see btc is more expensive than USD, but on the bad side there are still many problems in BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 06:15:51 PM

Just because its more expensive than USD, doesn't mean its better.

BTC is barely used anywhere at all. Which makes it alot less 'valuable' in my eyes.

yeah i agree. for me, everything have 2 sides like coin. good side, and bad side
on the good side we see btc is more expensive than USD, but on the bad side there are still many problems in BTC

Commenting on whether its deserves to be called global currency is merely a simple task but in my eyes its deserves to be called as global currency which can be proved by checking the percentage of online transactions are taking place with bitcoin and the advantages we can have by using bitcoin as currency.
Hannu

Activity: 1061
Merit: 502

RIP: S5, A faithful device long time

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 06:19:54 PM

Hmmm... I think we should be more ambitious... Bitcoin: Global currency of the Earth, the Moon, the Mars... the Universe!

They planning 24 Bitcoin satellites on earth orbit  Grin
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-nanosatellites-orbit-earth-2016/

BTC: 3Qnnx4cu45Gx4WcksNCnBPu3TaUZ5sKkLo
LTC: LYX1ZH7f4qcXq52AzA6grUYDfDngVz7BEi
XRP: rLrbZMJDdL8eQd7HsW314bCtvE16LTLYkM?dt=1113
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 07:00:38 PM

Eventually bitcoin will be the no 1 used currency, which will make bitcoin the no 1. crypto currency used all over the world.

The question is not if, but when this will happen. I honestly think we will achieve this within a decade or so.
Nimbulan

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 07:06:27 PM

of course it is a currency of the whole world its value is pretty high and more and more people are getting interested in how bitcoins work and they try to use it what means that the price should grow even more lets hope countries will start accepting it as a national currency as soon as possible

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:01:23 PM

I'm pretty happy about the bitcoin becomes well known by many people in the world, especially in my country Indonesia the volume market of bitcoin became higher. It shows that bitcoin to be well known in my country..
yes true bitcoin has spread to all corners of the world,
in various cities have received bitcoin hopefully in the future will be better
But still wondering there are many people still did not realizing how useful bitcoin is.. yeah by lower merchants that accepting bictoin in their payment option. Just hoping in the near future we will see a huge merchants whether online nor offline starts accepting bitcoin.
sikari

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 04:18:57 PM

If you are looking to grow your Bitcoin you have to join a MMM Global where you can earn unto 100% per month. Over 140million members world wide and growing. PM me or ask me how you can do the same or open the website link on the left.
tn211

Activity: 778

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:20:37 PM

For now fiat money is the most use than bitcoin. Maybe in the future it will just a global thing.
Like when you are going to other country no need to convert just pay with bitcoin. That would be nice so I am hoping that it will happen.
yoona

Activity: 493

Live by your own rules

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 06:43:09 AM

its easily the strongest cryptocurrency valued 450 times more than the US dollar

the first Super currency and  the best store of wealth due to its cryptographic  network strength

Let's together imagine that this will actually happen someday, bitcoin will become a global currency in the world, like the US Dollar and paypal, which is acceptable wherever and legally recognized, I hope that time I had many bitcoin; D
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 08:42:58 AM

For now fiat money is the most use than bitcoin. Maybe in the future it will just a global thing.
Like when you are going to other country no need to convert just pay with bitcoin. That would be nice so I am hoping that it will happen.

fiat is more used not because it's better, but because it's regualted and because especially it's much older, people tend to forget that bitcoin is only 6 years old

it's true that nowadays the things move faster, and info spread faster, but you still need a reasonable amount of time to have the so called adoption, if it will ever happen
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 03:37:26 PM

fiat is more used not because it's better, but because it's regualted and because especially it's much older, people tend to forget that bitcoin is only 6 years old

it's true that nowadays the things move faster, and info spread faster, but you still need a reasonable amount of time to have the so called adoption, if it will ever happen

Fiat is more used (yes and mainly) because is regulated (which mean has legal status and because the legal money of every country has this form) but even because is more widely accepted and has more power as a currency compared to bitcoin. We live in the real world and not in internet. Bitcoin can be used only in internet (at least actually). The market in internet (even is in fast increase) is yet very few compared with the real market (the market in the real world). So the everyday needs that everyone has must be fulfilled, let say, at least 80% (are more) only with fiat money. Even bitcoin is known by me and you we cannot use it out of internet. We cannot buy with it the bread, the clothes, the various foods, to pay in restaurants (normally and mostly) and so on.
ATguy

Activity: 423

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 03:50:04 PM

Bitcoin can be used only in internet (at least actually). The market in internet (even is in fast increase) is yet very few compared with the real market (the market in the real world). So the everyday needs that everyone has must be fulfilled, let say, at least 80% (are more) only with fiat money. Even bitcoin is known by me and you we cannot use it out of internet. We cannot buy with it the bread, the clothes, the various foods, to pay in restaurants (normally and mostly) and so on.

I used smarthone to pay with Bitcoin in restaurant already, would do it in other places if I noticed "Bitcoin accepted here" as well. So I dont get your "We cannot buy with it the bread, the clothes, the various foods, to pay in restaurants", because internet is available almost everywhere...

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 04:36:16 PM

Not yet.
Global currencies on earth are USD, EURO, GBP etc.
Bitcoin is still relatively unknown virtual currency but without big global influence.
This is reality and we should accept it.
Of course, eventually i believe that bitcoin will become mainstream but this will not happen so quickly.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 04:52:13 PM

Bitcoin can be used only in internet (at least actually). The market in internet (even is in fast increase) is yet very few compared with the real market (the market in the real world). So the everyday needs that everyone has must be fulfilled, let say, at least 80% (are more) only with fiat money. Even bitcoin is known by me and you we cannot use it out of internet. We cannot buy with it the bread, the clothes, the various foods, to pay in restaurants (normally and mostly) and so on.

I used smarthone to pay with Bitcoin in restaurant already, would do it in other places if I noticed "Bitcoin accepted here" as well. So I dont get your "We cannot buy with it the bread, the clothes, the various foods, to pay in restaurants", because internet is available almost everywhere...

First, if you used smartphone within your neighborhood you must know that the world is much more big than your neighborhood. There are your city, then other cities, then your country, then the continents. So the real world is much more big than your neighborhood and your neighborhood is not at all representative of all the world.

Second, if your neighborhood is so developed and has internet in all the places mentioned by me (where you buy bread, where you buy clothes, at the public WC and in every remaining place of it) I can assure you that exist at least one continent named Africa in which the people don't have internet or is verified very few spread of it even at their homes. So you must understand again that the world is not only your neighborhood.

Third, I can assure you that bitcoin is ignored from more of three quarters of all the countries of the world which don't know at all it. And some of those in which is know has banned it. See here for more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country. So how is possible to be used bitcoin in that places. I would hear your intellectual thought about this.

Four, I can assure that you are lying about the possibility to use in your neighborhood bitcoin so easy and for more in so more places like you mention in your post. And you make this only to make an original post or because think (but without knowing the true why) that bitcoin is something superior compared to everything else.

Five, If you "don't get" my post it is not my problem but your problem. But you have even another more big problem (and even risky for you as a person). You  are not able to understand even the why of your "don't get" in the case when someone can tell "I don't like bitcoin only for fun". Because is out of your mind that someone have its thoughts that can be different from yours. You cannot understand that the world has this development only because of this quality had by every human being. I tell this after the reading your "don't get" about my thoughts and my argumentation. "Don't get" that I (and everyone else including you) can have the right to have my (their) thoughts and to express those giving arguments which explain the why of those thoughts. Your "don't get" argued with general words and general arguments that can be told in every kind of situation is the most devastating fact of your poor mental situation and you mentality. Undeveloped one. Which maybe have to do nothing with your "internet everywhere" and "bitcoin everywhere used" neighborhood but with your lack of desire (or maybe even inability) to learn.

Let see what pearls will born and will be explained here in this forum from your "cultivated" mind after the read of this my post. Let see how "don't get" will repeated in your reply (must be to many to be counted). Or maybe will ignore everything (this must be the most quoted behavior as for me) making one or two sentences with irony or insults. Because are unable for more. Huh
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 04:52:35 PM

it will definitely take time. as for now my country, it used to have btc atm but no one used it so now it is totally gone and it is very very hard to find one local shop that accept bitcoin. so it will take time. however, i can buy international items especially digital good easily with btc.
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 04:54:12 PM

Not yet.
Global currencies on earth are USD, EURO, GBP etc.
Bitcoin is still relatively unknown virtual currency but without big global influence.
This is reality and we should accept it.
Of course, eventually i believe that bitcoin will become mainstream but this will not happen so quickly.

yah i also believe it will be mainstream in the future as it can do so much more things that others cant. just like i wan to tips a website that does not know where it belongs to, i can use btc. if want to cash transfer, there is tons of info u need to find out etc. so dealing with international trade, btc is really amazing.
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 05:17:21 PM

Well it's not  the global currency of the earth right now, but it has sure a lot of potential.
Reading that bitcoin outcompeted the USD/EUR/ YEN in 2015 shows this potential.

But we have to be realistic too, it will not happen in 2-3 years.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 05:30:58 PM

Bitcoin can become a global currency, but there is a long way to go.
First of all financial institutions should accept bitcoin being a valid/legal form of ledger.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 07:43:37 PM

Bitcoin can become a global currency, but there is a long way to go.
First of all financial institutions should accept bitcoin being a valid/legal form of ledger.
Its a long way now for the Bitcoins to become the global currencies on earth. At this time there are only few people know about Bitcoins and its value. And through word of mouth only will grow Bitcoins everywhere around the world.
ATguy

Activity: 423

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 12:46:03 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2015, 01:33:47 AM by ATguy

First, if you used smartphone within your neighborhood you must know that the world is much more big than your neighborhood. There are your city, then other cities, then your country, then the continents. So the real world is much more big than your neighborhood and your neighborhood is not at all representative of all the world.

Second, if your neighborhood is so developed and has internet in all the places mentioned by me (where you buy bread, where you buy clothes, at the public WC and in every remaining place of it) I can assure you that exist at least one continent named Africa in which the people don't have internet or is verified very few spread of it even at their homes. So you must understand again that the world is not only your neighborhood.

I must admit I live in a place where internet coverage is almost 100% (its hard to find places on the coverage country map without signal), and it is easy and affordable for anybody interested to have it at home/smartphone. Hopefully it is only matter of time such infrastructure/economic becomes standard everywhere.

I told I used smartphone to pay with Bitcoin in restaurant already, would do it in other places if I noticed "Bitcoin accepted here" as well.
Meaning  even if there is technical possibility to add Bitcoin payment option, hardly anyone accept Bitcoin now.

Maybe your "we" I interpretted as me as well, so your reasoning "We cannot buy with it the bread, the clothes, the various foods, to pay in restaurants (normally and mostly) and so on" seems untrue for me.

Third, I can assure you that bitcoin is ignored from more of three quarters of all the countries of the world which don't know at all it. And some of those in which is know has banned it. See here for more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country. So how is possible to be used bitcoin in that places. I would hear your intellectual thought about this.

If I was citizen of any of the few countries where Bitcoin is banned, I would be pissed others decide for me what I can do in such innoncent matter - Bitcoin banning is basically totalitarian politician decision not respecting basic human rights.

Four, I can assure that you are lying about the possibility to use in your neighborhood bitcoin so easy and for more in so more places like you mention in your post. And you make this only to make an original post or because think (but without knowing the true why) that bitcoin is something superior compared to everything else.

Bitcoin is technically possible here, you see Credit Card terminal in most shops, meaning they use internet connection for it already, and there are incentives to use Bitcoin instead because instead of using Credit Card 3-5% fees, you can use bitpay Bitcoin 1% fee or if you dont need exchange right to fiat and want to accept Bitcoin yourselves almost 0% fee. The economical incentive is here, but the knowledge not.

Five, If you "don't get" my post it is not my problem but your problem. But you have even another more big problem (and even risky for you as a person). You  are not able to understand even the why of your "don't get" in the case when someone can tell "I don't like bitcoin only for fun". Because is out of your mind that someone have its thoughts that can be different from yours. You cannot understand that the world has this development only because of this quality had by every human being. I tell this after the reading your "don't get" about my thoughts and my argumentation. "Don't get" that I (and everyone else including you) can have the right to have my (their) thoughts and to express those giving arguments which explain the why of those thoughts. Your "don't get" argued with general words and general arguments that can be told in every kind of situation is the most devastating fact of your poor mental situation and you mentality. Undeveloped one. Which maybe have to do nothing with your "internet everywhere" and "bitcoin everywhere used" neighborhood but with your lack of desire (or maybe even inability) to learn.

Let see what pearls will born and will be explained here in this forum from your "cultivated" mind after the read of this my post. Let see how "don't get" will repeated in your reply (must be to many to be counted). Or maybe will ignore everything (this must be the most quoted behavior as for me) making one or two sentences with irony or insults. Because are unable for more. Huh

I dont understand why you are so frustrated, your first day on the internet? I believe I got much worse/trolling reply to one of my posts but I never got so frustrated to write almost a reply essay to get the frustration out.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: