Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 02:28:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc  (Read 62727 times)
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 10:04:31 PM

i didn't ever store gold for investment although gold already exist long time before bitcoin but currently i think holding bitcoins will more profitable than gold because i don't understand for predict gold prices movement so it's too risky for my to investing gold

Investing in gold can give you benefits in long run, and I don't think that its risky to invest in it, but investing in bitcoin at present is the smart decision.

Gold is a perfect match with bitcoin. Both should be in any investors' portfolio. Gold for a  more secure investment while bitcoin is the ideal
risk investment.

Well yes i have both in my portfolio and are happy with both of their performance. It was a long term investment but right now i have already made a decent profit.
In time this will grow.

peta4e

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 10:07:05 PM

i didn't ever store gold for investment although gold already exist long time before bitcoin but currently i think holding bitcoins will more profitable than gold because i don't understand for predict gold prices movement so it's too risky for my to investing gold

Investing in gold can give you benefits in long run, and I don't think that its risky to invest in it, but investing in bitcoin at present is the smart decision.

Gold is a perfect match with bitcoin. Both should be in any investors' portfolio. Gold for a  more secure investment while bitcoin is the ideal
risk investment.

Well yes i have both in my portfolio and are happy with both of their performance. It was a long term investment but right now i have already made a decent profit.
In time this will grow.

Gold always promises to give good profits to its users, only thing is that you need to wait for a long period to enjoy it, and I think its worth to wait for.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 10:10:31 PM

risk investment.

In time this will grow.

Gold always promises to give good profits to its users, only thing is that you need to wait for a long period to enjoy it, and I think its worth to wait for.

It depends on what kind of trader you are. If you like to have a moderate type of investment with relatively lower risks, then Gold can be a decent investment for you. But don't expect very high returns on Gold, even not if you hold it for a year or two.
lexuz

Activity: 714

Me, myself and I

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 10:58:27 PM

risk investment.

In time this will grow.

It depends on what kind of trader you are. If you like to have a moderate type of investment with relatively lower risks, then Gold can be a decent investment for you. But don't expect very high returns on Gold, even not if you hold it for a year or two.
Agree with you gold is good investment with low risks but gold price is slow when want goes up but when price want goes broke just need a day or less than week, i think bitcoin is good investment to trade because bitcoin price fluctuate.
Dwelach

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 08:26:30 AM

Gold is almost always stable but Bitcoin is changing more often and around this time it would be better if you are holding your Bitcoin because the value will be more later in the future.
You need some patience for Bitcoin to wait for a price increase and patience is one of the important things in Bitcoin.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 12:06:24 PM

risk investment.

In time this will grow.

Agree with you gold is good investment with low risks but gold price is slow when want goes up but when price want goes broke just need a day or less than week, i think bitcoin is good investment to trade because bitcoin price fluctuate.
Gold is long term investment and is known long decades before, if you invest in gold the price will be stable or around the same even after one or two years. But in bitcoin you can't predict the price when it will be high and when it is low, the price can go very high within one or two months resulting in big profits, the reverse can also happen, the thing is we have to wait holding the coin till price rise.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:04:06 PM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?

there is 99% people are using gold as a store and 1% of people are using btc as a store with out those people who live below poverty line...
jamesl22

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:17:12 PM

risk investment.

In time this will grow.

Gold is long term investment and is known long decades before, if you invest in gold the price will be stable or around the same even after one or two years. But in bitcoin you can't predict the price when it will be high and when it is low, the price can go very high within one or two months resulting in big profits, the reverse can also happen, the thing is we have to wait holding the coin till price rise.

Both products are unpredictable but still we can afford to trust gold more over the bitcoin, but right now I will choose to invest in bitcoin, as it is rising now so may be we can see good price at the end of the year.
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:55:21 PM

risk investment.

In time this will grow.

Both products are unpredictable but still we can afford to trust gold more over the bitcoin, but right now I will choose to invest in bitcoin, as it is rising now so may be we can see good price at the end of the year.

Indeed trusting gold is better but think about the fact it also takes a lot longer to make profit, with the bitcoin you can make profit on a relative short time.
I think if you hold the gold for a short time you will make almost nothing.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 02:04:43 PM

Invest in both if you can afford to, as investing in both is the smart thing to do as you can expect higher returns from either of two.
I thought divides the capital into two certainly profit to be you can also be divided.
I prefer to use a single investment only its bitcoin

Never invest in single product as if it fails in future then you need to go through huge loss so its always better to invest in multiple products to reduce the risk.

i agree, but this year holding only bitcoin as the biggest and only investment will pay off more than anything else. it has been proven recently that the potential of big rise is there and it will take time to give the big profit. but after things settle i would suggest investing in multiple things.

We all want to earn profits in short term, so investing in bitcoin at a moment is the best thing to do, as it will take care of your profits in the best possible way.

no argument there, but i think bitcoin is turning more into a long term investment rather than short term investment because of the slow rise and the long history of stable price (maybe this changes in the following days but who knows) the sure part is that it is going to continue to rise.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
AsaroUk

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 02:26:25 PM

risk investment.
Than it would be better if you are holding your Bitcoin because with Bitcoin you have a higher chance to get some profit with Bitcoin because the halving is also coming.
But the only thing that can be bad is that it can takes a long time until the value will be more.
StoreBit

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 03:22:01 PM

Holding of gold and holding of bitcoin, both are safe and secure , you can put your money in any of them and hen can easily redeem your money whenever you need them, but in holding bitcoin you have a benefit that nowadays the price of btcoin is increasing with a faster speed and with that your can double your wealth.
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 04:32:12 PM

Invest in both if you can afford to, as investing in both is the smart thing to do as you can expect higher returns from either of two.

As said its better to invest into both. The reason why I suggest is if something goes wrong everything earned hard will be lost, but if you make equal investment in both you may not face a big loss.
divide the investment in both I think it would make a higher risk because you combine the risk of defeat on gold and bitcoin. Imagine if the value of the dollar rose for all commodity and currencies including gold and bitcoin of course will experience a deterioration in the price? and you also will suffer losses for both?

Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 05:18:55 PM

I guess hold bitcoin is still more profitable than gold hold for now. it is because the price of bitcoin is not always stable, although at this time can be said to be stable, but the price is still up, although slightly. in contrast to the gold price is always stable but gold might be nicer if detained in a period longer
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 05:47:19 PM

I guess hold bitcoin is still more profitable than gold hold for now. it is because the price of bitcoin is not always stable, although at this time can be said to be stable, but the price is still up, although slightly. in contrast to the gold price is always stable but gold might be nicer if detained in a period longer

Right now the Goldprice is higher then where gold was last year
Bitcoin: +10%
Gold: +30%
But in if this current rise keeps on going it will be clear that bitcoin can and will beat the gold price.
Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 05:50:28 PM

But in if this current rise keeps on going it will be clear that bitcoin can and will beat the gold price.

Yeah I think this profit rates are going to be reversed very soon, as the price of bitcoin is rising at a moment and it will continue to grow as we get closer to halving, so invest in bitcoin now and sell when it goes to a higher level.
LarryHocks

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 06:25:49 PM

Yeah I think this profit rates are going to be reversed very soon, as the price of bitcoin is rising at a moment and it will continue to grow as we get closer to halving, so invest in bitcoin now and sell when it goes to a higher level.

I'm exactly doing the same right now there is a good chance the bitcoin is going to rise to a higher amount.
With a higher amount, I mean a really high amount for sure.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 08:58:24 PM

risk investment.
For me bitcoin is not an ideal risky investment but a fastest profiting investment as I have a good knowledge about bitcoin and trade and I know well that how to earn from bitcoin even in the time when the price is going to down.
BitcoinPaw

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 04:20:19 AM

I think it's sambe but with gold you have low chanse to lose your money after all, bitcoin in this case a bit risky , need to understand that gold is stable one but with bitcoin you can get profit faster.

ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 07:47:18 AM

I think that to hold gold is certainly more difficult than hold bitcoin. Imagine if you invest a lot of money in gold. surely you'll buy a lot of gold bars. gold weighing mind how to save it?
and of course in the form of physical goods will be easy to steal I prefer to hold bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: