Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:03:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc  (Read 62725 times)
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 11:39:31 AM

The number of gold holders is obviously higher than the number of bitcoin holders. There are 2,5 millions of people who use bitcoin, but not everyone keep their money in this crypto currency, many people just make bitcoins and cash it out to cover their costs. So let's say that there is just 1 million of people who invest in bitcoin with expectations and many millions of people who keep their extra money in gold, cause of it's more stable.
actually no one know the history of gold that from where it started, but bitcoin a new currency just a history of 7 or 8 years. i think still not more that 1% people are using bitcoin, but if we look the adoption graph i think bitcoin users are increasing day by day and hope that very soon the number of bitcoin holder will exceed the number of Gold holder. and the main reason is that bitcoin price is increasing and giving so many other opportunities of making money.
I agree with you bro there is no one know the history of gold where it started. But bitcoin started 2009 and its 7-8 years from now. Why the price of bitcoin is increasing everyday and every month because day by day many people trust , knowing, and investing to the bitcoin. Holding of bitcoin is good because your money have potential to increase . many country ate accepted bitcoin now and partners are is made . so hold and buy bitcoin and wait the price to increase and then sell to make big Big profit. it's not late invest now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rostadom

Activity: 713
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 02:02:27 PM

The number of gold holders is obviously higher than the number of bitcoin holders. There are 2,5 millions of people who use bitcoin, but not everyone keep their money in this crypto currency, many people just make bitcoins and cash it out to cover their costs. So let's say that there is just 1 million of people who invest in bitcoin with expectations and many millions of people who keep their extra money in gold, cause of it's more stable.

Where did you come up with that 2.5 million figure? Do you have any proof to back that up. I think its much lower. Maybe around 1 million bitcoin holders or less.

I don't think he has some proof to back it up. Even if he does, I don't think it's reliable/accurate/precise. I also think that we're less than a million. There's definitely no way to find out how many of us really are, though. There are people that using bitcoins but aren't in this forum. There's just no common point in all the bitcoin users except for blockchain. But people have more than one bitcoin wallet in blockchain.
wahb

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 08:32:08 PM

actually no one know the history of gold that from where it started, but bitcoin a new currency just a history of 7 or 8 years. i think still not more that 1% people are using bitcoin, but if we look the adoption graph i think bitcoin users are increasing day by day and hope that very soon the number of bitcoin holder will exceed the number of Gold holder. and the main reason is that bitcoin price is increasing and giving so many other opportunities of making money.
I agree with you bro there is no one know the history of gold where it started. But bitcoin started 2009 and its 7-8 years from now. Why the price of bitcoin is increasing everyday and every month because day by day many people trust , knowing, and investing to the bitcoin. Holding of bitcoin is good because your money have potential to increase . many country ate accepted bitcoin now and partners are is made . so hold and buy bitcoin and wait the price to increase and then sell to make big Big profit. it's not late invest now
yes that is right to say that people are investing their money inn bitcoin noncontinuous  because they want to make more and more money. and bitcoin is the best option for them. through bitcoin they can really make good profit.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 08:41:55 PM

Where did you come up with that 2.5 million figure? Do you have any proof to back that up. I think its much lower. Maybe around 1 million bitcoin holders or less.
You got any proof for your claiming of 1 million bitcoin adopters ? I'm sure you also will not be having anything to back up your self.

Obviously there would be more adopters for gold than bitcoin adopters still we must consider the age of bitcoin against gold. Gold is known and being used for centuries whereas bitcoin is just eight years old.

I prefer holding only bitcoins as per the demand of digital life.
scarface

Activity: 350

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 08:44:27 PM

You got any proof for your claiming of 1 million bitcoin adopters ? I'm sure you also will not be having anything to back up your self.

Obviously there would be more adopters for gold than bitcoin adopters still we must consider the age of bitcoin against gold. Gold is known and being used for centuries whereas bitcoin is just eight years old.

I prefer holding only bitcoins as per the demand of digital life.

Agreed, majority of the people are holding gold in compare to bitcoins as gold exists since long time and bitcoin is still new to many people and people who are aware about bitcoins would also not be holding huge number of bitcoins as its not easy to earn bitcoins but people who have lots of money would really put their money into bitcoins and hold them for a long term.

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 09:27:31 PM

I hope that people know that bitcoin won't last as long as gold  Undecided

Gold has a good past history as its inception is since ages but that doesn't mean that bitcoin will disappear in quick session even bitcoin has a potential to survive in a long run and I really feel that this is just an beginning  for bitcoins and it still has a long way to go and bitcoin is a better investment in compare to gold as the price of gold is more stable and you really need to hold them for a long term to make good profits out of it.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
czvezda

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 10:00:56 PM

I hope that people know that bitcoin won't last as long as gold  Undecided

Gold has a good past history as its inception is since ages but that doesn't mean that bitcoin will disappear in quick session even bitcoin has a potential to survive in a long run and I really feel that this is just an beginning  for bitcoins and it still has a long way to go and bitcoin is a better investment in compare to gold as the price of gold is more stable and you really need to hold them for a long term to make good profits out of it.

Yes maybe but gold has been kicking around for 1000's of years. I'm sure that we can all agree that bitcoin won't be around in 1000's of years.

Yeah its hard to believe that bitcoin will survive for next 1000 years no doubt that everything would be in digital phase at that point of time but the fact is there can be more new and innovative currency in future which could replace bitcoins and if the other currency is better then it won't take much time for people to quit bitcoin and switch to better currency.
anewbie

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:36:44 PM

I think BTC is better than Gold. BTC can raise up to 10k Dollar Gold not.
bouren

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:42:58 PM

BTC is undoubtedly better than bitcoin not only because of prices but many other factors.
One of the prominent of those is the real use of btc vs gold other than speculative activities. Bitcoin can be readily use as currency but use of gold is limited to jeweleries and coins and these form cannot be realised at real value of gold.
ahmia39

Activity: 1400
Merit: 251

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:07:24 PM

BTC is undoubtedly better than bitcoin not only because of prices but many other factors.
One of the prominent of those is the real use of btc vs gold other than speculative activities. Bitcoin can be readily use as currency but use of gold is limited to jeweleries and coins and these form cannot be realised at real value of gold.

If what we need is money in a short time, investing in bitcoin's right choice. Look current price, if we invested our saving on bitcoin a month ago. Today we can already reap huge profits.

fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:09:49 PM

BTC we can use it whenever we want, and we want money we can sell it and get money. And we have options to pay our bills directly through Bitcoin. And the main thing is the price of BTC is high, and there is no comparison to Gold. Holding money in the bank and holding gold both are same no more profit but a safe investment.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:25:28 PM

BTC we can use it whenever we want, and we want money we can sell it and get money. And we have options to pay our bills directly through Bitcoin. And the main thing is the price of BTC is high, and there is no comparison to Gold. Holding money in the bank and holding gold both are same no more profit but a safe investment.

You two are talking about advantages that bitcoin have over the gold, and question is about is there more gold holders or bitcoin holders? Gold is much older, and in some counties gold is a cultural thing, its probably more gold holders in the world at the moment but situation is changing, many crypto currencies are at rise. Fact is that in last 9 years people earn more on crypto then on gold and precious metals.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
chrisivl

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 06:36:04 PM

Well in my opinion, bitcoin will never be equal to gold because gold has physical value and represents for the whole economy while bitcoin is just numbers. One possibility for that to happen is we lose all our gold

Yes, gold has value in the real world, and bitcoin is valued only on the Internet. Therefore, they can not be compared, gold is much more valuable.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 06:41:16 PM

Well in my opinion, bitcoin will never be equal to gold because gold has physical value and represents for the whole economy while bitcoin is just numbers. One possibility for that to happen is we lose all our gold

Yes, gold has value in the real world, and bitcoin is valued only on the Internet. Therefore, they can not be compared, gold is much more valuable.

That is not the point there.
Bitcoin should be compared with fiat. Gold is way different. We should be looking more of bitcoin as a currency.
Although it is hard to see it that way for others it should be like that.
More of like a credit card into which bitcoin filled card.
We know credit cards gave ease to those who dont want bringing cash in their pockets. That is what bitcoin is also offering just much better.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 06:55:31 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2017, 07:54:26 PM by BitcoinPanther

I don't think he has some proof to back it up. Even if he does, I don't think it's reliable/accurate/precise. I also think that we're less than a million. There's definitely no way to find out how many of us really are, though. There are people that using bitcoins but aren't in this forum. There's just no common point in all the bitcoin users except for blockchain. But people have more than one bitcoin wallet in blockchain.

Though I believe there are millions of people who have used Bitcoin but majority of them just made a single transfers.  We cannot deny that many multilevel company bring in fresh fund to the bitcoin economy since they encourage these people to buy bitcoin and pay them with bitcoins, or rather pay these member with bitcoins. And these multi level marketing industry alone introduced Bitcoin to millions of people, and mostly their members have known about bitcoins and through their advertisement.

Anyway, even if gold is stable, I will still chose to hold BTC, wild fluctuation means wild increase in price, and if timed out perfectly we can earn more in Bitcoin in the long run.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:29:03 PM

yeah a lot of people prefer that holding of bitcoin is much more better than holding of gold and gold value is on one position and one year before i invest my some money in gold and some money i invest in bitcoin and now gold give me 2% or 3% profit and bitcoin bitcoin give me 150% profit mean my bitcoin value is now triple.
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 11:26:43 PM

yeah a lot of people prefer that holding of bitcoin is much more better than holding of gold and gold value is on one position and one year before i invest my some money in gold and some money i invest in bitcoin and now gold give me 2% or 3% profit and bitcoin bitcoin give me 150% profit mean my bitcoin value is now triple.
in fact by holding gold you can only save your money, but it cannot give you a good profit. while investing in bitcoin, as the price of bitcoin is expecting to increase more and more so it can give me a good profit after some time, therefore i will also prefer to trade bitcoin instead of trading gold.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 11:30:00 PM

i also want to hold my bitcoin is better and i think holding gold is useless if we sell all gold and invest that all money then we can get a highest profit and bitcoin is very much safe and we do not need to worry from thief because our bitcoin is very much safe and secure in our wallet.
jesuismarc

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 02:56:50 AM

i also want to hold my bitcoin is better and i think holding gold is useless if we sell all gold and invest that all money then we can get a highest profit and bitcoin is very much safe and we do not need to worry from thief because our bitcoin is very much safe and secure in our wallet.
I think holding gold has it own merits though. for one, it isn't as susceptible to huge fluctuations like bitcoin. dont get me wrong, gold fluctuates, just not like bitcoin. also some people prefer holding a more diverse portfolio to lower their risk. if you had a lot of money, I dont think you would be all that comfortable putting it all in bitcoin.
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:04:17 AM

in fact by holding gold you can only save your money, but it cannot give you a good profit. while investing in bitcoin, as the price of bitcoin is expecting to increase more and more so it can give me a good profit after some time, therefore i will also prefer to trade bitcoin instead of trading gold.
Well holding gold and holding bitcoin is good i ideas, i guess. Although bitcoin is more good for short hold
because with bitcoin we can do make profit from there,
but we know about the risk of investing in bitcoin the fluctuating of price is scary, the peoples who doesn't know about it
will be panic because of this fluctuation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: