Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:09:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc  (Read 62724 times)
stevano

Activity: 423
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 11:38:01 PM

In the next few years bitcoin will surely be accepted in some other advanced countries, so it will make other countries so come to think of the existence of bitcoin, in addition news in the media will also affect people so want to know about bitcoin so this will bring bitcoin users

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 11:49:30 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 06:08:01 AM by MMA

I do not really think that this is a good comparison in 2017, as Bitcoin still has a potential to be used as only a currency, while Gold has already had its time go by on that matter. However, on the contrary, Gold is a physical item that will retain its value for thousands of years and will be appreciated for its value every second of that time. Bitcoin is still highly volatile, but should still be a solid investment.
yes that is right that bitcoin has very good potential and therefore i think still people are welling to invest money in bitcoin. although tomorrow meeting keeps too much importance an most of the people are waiting for that meeting and after that they will decide that either they are going to invest money in bitcoin or sell the remaining of the price is expected to dump.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:22:39 AM

I think both are equally good choices, but for me for a percentage I better prioritize bitcoin because it has proven to be profitable faster than gold that seems slow moving.
If you want a quick profit of course you can choose to invest in bitcoin. Because bitcoin has a fluctuation in its market price, so it allows you to make a profit in a short time but sometimes you need patience. Because the price may sometimes not match your expectations.
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 02:33:35 AM

I think both are equally good choices, but for me for a percentage I better prioritize bitcoin because it has proven to be profitable faster than gold that seems slow moving.
If you want a quick profit of course you can choose to invest in bitcoin. Because bitcoin has a fluctuation in its market price, so it allows you to make a profit in a short time but sometimes you need patience. Because the price may sometimes not match your expectations.

Definitely that is the right answer, you need to take the risk if you want to make more money otherwise you will not get what you want in life.
There are a lot of traditional investment out there that promise a safe return but they only give a small rate so it's your choice if you want to stay safe but always bear in mind that those people who succeeded in life and get a good amount in investment are those who take the bigger risk.

Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:07:45 PM

There are a few key differences:

Liquidity and fees: it's much easier, and less costly as a % of principal, to buy/sell bitcoin than it is to buy/sell gold. This is positive for bitcoin.
Time: gold has been used as a store of value for thousands of years, and will probably be used as a store of value in the future. Bitcoin is still in its infancy. This is positive for gold.
Practical value: Gold is used for some industrial processes, but rarely. Bitcoin has a ton of uses as a means of exchange. Positive for bitcoin.
Transport, Transporting gold is difficult and dangerous, you need specialized equipment and even armed guards if you are transporting an important amount of gold, also it is impossible to do this without people noticing it, in the other hand you can transport a huge amount of bitcoin in an usb or a paper wallet and no one will notice and it is way easier to do this in bitcoin. That is a positive for bitcoin.
Zenithar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:26:56 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 06:56:51 PM by Zenithar

Definitely that is the right answer, you need to take the risk if you want to make more money otherwise you will not get what you want in life.
There are a lot of traditional investment out there that promise a safe return but they only give a small rate so it's your choice if you want to stay safe but always bear in mind that those people who succeeded in life and get a good amount in investment are those who take the bigger risk.
yes i think without taking risk there is no such want from where we can make money i think in trading, investent and gambling and even in every other field of life we have to take the risk and only then we can make money. in fact those people who are running good business they have already taken big risks and now they are so much succeeded in their business.
virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:33:01 PM

But why not we hold that thing which will give us more benefit?
I will suggest that we have to hold bitcoin because its price is increasing very faster and it will make us rich within a smaller time while gold will take years to earn us some profit.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:30:29 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
Gold has been stored for centuries as an investment and also used a an ornament.It has gained trust of people world wide for decades.Huge volume of people are holding gold as an investment.But bitcoin has been introduced just eight years ago.Earlier,it was mostly used as a currency.From past two years after its price has raised tremendously and so people started considering bitcoin as an investment.So,in no way,volume of bitcoin holders could reach volume of gold holders.
The good thing is that bitcoin does not need to do that, bitcoin only needs to do one thing and that is to continue as it has, that way as more time passes more people will begin to realize that bitcoin is not the crazy idea of an anonymous author but a solid concept.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:44:28 AM

But why not we hold that thing which will give us more benefit?
I will suggest that we have to hold bitcoin because its price is increasing very faster and it will make us rich within a smaller time while gold will take years to earn us some profit.

True.Now a days many use to inverse on bitcoin rather in gold.Gold price will gradually rise year by year .While in bitcoin ,price will reach suddenly. Keeps on increasing in the year.So bitcoin is the best source of inversing then gold.I prepare bitcoin only not gold.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 03:06:07 AM

Both gold and bitcoin has a great value and you will never miss any single profit for choosing any of them. Just like the economists are saying, gold, silver are money and bitcoin is money as well. You will not lose for choosing one of them but for me, since I know bitcoin is the best and I'm still not entering the gold scene, I'll go first with bitcoin too.

Bitcoin gives us the opportunity to earn capital, which can be invested in gold.
But gold does not make a big profit, its price is stable and will never fluctuate as the price of bitcoin.
Both of these assets are good in their own way

Gold can just make you big money if you will have a lot of gold and capital. But in bitcoin it's totally reversed, though you will have a small capital, you can grow it with a lot of ways, gamble, trade and sell stuffs. The advantage in bitcoin is it's movement and growth, we definitely are seeing on how fast the grow of bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 03:33:42 AM

You could have chosen an investment in bitcoin because it gives you an advantage in the near term but of course the risk that you will get will be much greater than investing in gold. Bitcoin is very volatile if you do not have the patience of course you will get only defeat
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:59:10 AM

This is what I’m doing as well, gold is a good investment but at the moment bitcoin is better so it is natural that we put an higher percentage of our savings in bitcoin than the amount we put in gold, also if you can diversify yourself and buy some altcoins as well then your earnings are going to be even better.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:03:16 AM

Gold vs bitcoin discussion is the one of the most repeated topics on this forum. Well holding bitcoin for long time can give a huge profit but it involves high risk, however holding gold for a long time can't give a huge profit but it involves minimum risk.
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 05:17:25 AM

Gold vs bitcoin discussion is the one of the most repeated topics on this forum. Well holding bitcoin for long time can give a huge profit but it involves high risk, however holding gold for a long time can't give a huge profit but it involves minimum risk.

If I would be given an opportunity to hold bitcoin and gold then I would have more bitcoin than gold because bitcoin is gaining much for a short term than gold. Gold has been existing for a long time and have been known all over the world so holding it is also a good source of investment. Because of the volatility of bitcoin, many people still prefer gold because of its stability and it exist physically while bitcoin only exist online so gold is less risky than bitcoin but as what others say the higher the risk, the higher the returns so I prefer bitcoin over gold.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:30:45 AM

For me, Holding both is better than having nothing, Gold is globally accepted and standardized rather than bitcoin which is in infant stage, uncertain and unsure, internet-dependent coin. However, both things have their own strength, having both without comparing to one another will not hurt anyone, for me you should really buy both and save it, there's no harm from trying.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:32:56 AM

Also on the Bitcoin Discussion Thread, it's really tiring but with this kind of topic opens a lot of ideas on what would be better , bitcoin or gold is something that must be well discussed, but gold is already standardized and bitcoin is on infant stage and not yet globally accepted, with this kind of discussion i think people will realize that bitcoin is not yet on the level of bitcoin in many different areas.
BitSat

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:46:21 AM

Also on the Bitcoin Discussion Thread, it's really tiring but with this kind of topic opens a lot of ideas on what would be better , bitcoin or gold is something that must be well discussed, but gold is already standardized and bitcoin is on infant stage and not yet globally accepted, with this kind of discussion i think people will realize that bitcoin is not yet on the level of bitcoin in many different areas.
You are right its very hard to discuss about this because bitcoin still need too much time to reach on level of bitcoin because its not easy to adopt this and need some basic things which are not in many areas of world but we can hope this could happen in future and this could become popular as gold and hope have some better value then gold
grermezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 10:14:09 AM

With the gold that's actually not true, Gold can give huge profits expecially when there is financial crisis in one of the big economies in the world, traders seem to go in for gold whenever a crisis happens either financial or terrorist attacks,  it's the safest bet for them.

bubblebit

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:13:28 AM

Holding both is possible and more of an assurance.
Holding gold seems most practical and most realistic because of its physical value.
Rather than holding BTCitcoin who has many vulnerabilities and risks.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:11:46 AM

Both gold and bitcoin has a great value and you will never miss any single profit for choosing any of them. Just like the economists are saying, gold, silver are money and bitcoin is money as well. You will not lose for choosing one of them but for me, since I know bitcoin is the best and I'm still not entering the gold scene, I'll go first with bitcoin too.

Bitcoin gives us the opportunity to earn capital, which can be invested in gold.
But gold does not make a big profit, its price is stable and will never fluctuate as the price of bitcoin.
Both of these assets are good in their own way

Gold can just make you big money if you will have a lot of gold and capital. But in bitcoin it's totally reversed, though you will have a small capital, you can grow it with a lot of ways, gamble, trade and sell stuffs. The advantage in bitcoin is it's movement and growth, we definitely are seeing on how fast the grow of bitcoin.
The purpose of gold is not to be an investment, gold is a store of value, while you can earn profits in gold when the economy is doing badly and people begin to lose hope on fiat currency, the truth is that is not the function of gold, gold allows you that if at some point in the future you need money you can convert your gold in fiat and by doing that you will be able to have something close to the purchasing power that you had in the past.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: