Bitcoin Forum
August 24, 2024, 07:42:06 PM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc  (Read 62753 times)
boyptc

Activity: 3108
Merit: 681

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:43:06 AM

i think holdings of BTC are better because they are one of the fastest growing investment i have ever seen . investment of gold  is safe but groes with a slower rate comparitively .

Holdings of both btc and gold are better if you have these two. But since it's hard to acquire gold assets and it's popular already. Investing or having holdings in bitcoin is still new in the ears of the investors so it is not yet that late if you want to have some decent holdings with it. You only need to be focused with this thing.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:54:02 AM

Well, in my opinion, Gold is Gold, Having more Golds means the higher the price of fiat money
Bitcoin is internet dependent, but holding it means investing it and waiting for the rise of the value of bitcoin.
Which is better? I think Gold is still better than Bitcoin when it comes to holding it and Gold is "physical".
The fact that gold is a physical asset is also a disadvantage, gold can be stolen very easily and it is very difficult to track also there are many counterfeits of gold, unlike bitcoin, no one can counterfeit a bitcoin, and there are some substances that are very similar to gold in the appearance that can fool people, gold is also very difficult to transport without bringing attention to yourself, so as you can see bitcoin has advantages over gold as well.
Chyton

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:04:50 AM

Well, in my opinion, Gold is Gold, Having more Golds means the higher the price of fiat money
Bitcoin is internet dependent, but holding it means investing it and waiting for the rise of the value of bitcoin.
Which is better? I think Gold is still better than Bitcoin when it comes to holding it and Gold is "physical".
The fact that gold is a physical asset is also a disadvantage, gold can be stolen very easily and it is very difficult to track also there are many counterfeits of gold, unlike bitcoin, no one can counterfeit a bitcoin, and there are some substances that are very similar to gold in the appearance that can fool people, gold is also very difficult to transport without bringing attention to yourself, so as you can see bitcoin has advantages over gold as well.

Bitcoin also has it's own disadvantage, Bitcoin price is very volatile right now and you don't want to lose your savings in bitcoin by 20% in a day. But Bitcoin is super easy to carry (paper wallet, or perhaps brain wallet) and you can spend bitcoin easily, but you don't want to reveal your BTC stash (this could be a threat to your safety) when you're selling some of Bitcoins into fiat.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:06:50 AM

i think holdings of BTC are better because they are one of the fastest growing investment i have ever seen . investment of gold  is safe but groes with a slower rate comparitively .

Holdings of both btc and gold are better if you have these two. But since it's hard to acquire gold assets and it's popular already. Investing or having holdings in bitcoin is still new in the ears of the investors so it is not yet that late if you want to have some decent holdings with it. You only need to be focused with this thing.

It is not at all hard to acquire gold assets. All you have to do is approach the friendly neighbourhood jeweller and buy a gold bar or coin from him. Buying bitcoins is hard, especially for people who are not Internet savvy.
Predator25

Activity: 354
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:30:38 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
Less people are holding gold since gold account is noy available for all countries. I think more people in middle east countries are holding golds since they are rich in gold. Unlike in btc, every countries can be able to have that since it does need is internet but nothing.
micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:11:10 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
Less people are holding gold since gold account is noy available for all countries. I think more people in middle east countries are holding golds since they are rich in gold. Unlike in btc, every countries can be able to have that since it does need is internet but nothing.
And in terms of holding gold is not worth it because it's price is very stable and you will not gain for long term holding it so with the bitcoin every year the price it is changing drastically so bitcoin is better to hold than gold because in bitcoin you will get a great and huge profit from holding it.
BigBos

Activity: 1974
Merit: 450

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:18:51 AM

I think they're both very good, especially if you have both. Gold may last you for decades, maybe you can use it when it's been 10 years, and bitcoin is excellent for short-term investments, if you're great at using it, of course you can make a lot of money with it.
boyptc

Activity: 3108
Merit: 681

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:05:03 AM

It is not at all hard to acquire gold assets. All you have to do is approach the friendly neighbourhood jeweller and buy a gold bar or coin from him. Buying bitcoins is hard, especially for people who are not Internet savvy.

In the market today the market of gold is that vast already. And we know that if an investment is crowded the difficulty gets higher and that's why I said that acquiring gold nowadays is that hard. I will always prefer to the new investments that has something to grow in the near future and has the chance to make bigger return.
Bacotan Bae

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:24:18 AM

I think both are good and very interesting because they have their own advantages, bitcoin is the most profitable investment while gold is the most stable and easy to receive investment.

Philanthor.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

TOKEN SALE IS LIVE
JOIN NOW
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:21:44 AM

I think they're both very good, especially if you have both. Gold may last you for decades, maybe you can use it when it's been 10 years, and bitcoin is excellent for short-term investments, if you're great at using it, of course you can make a lot of money with it.
It would be great if you use both for investment. You have long-term investments and short-term investments. You use gold for long-term investments, and bitcoin for short-term investments, if both strengthen in the market, of course it will give you a double advantage right ?
Vohoanghiep

Activity: 301

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:48:51 AM

BTC hoarding is just like hoarding gold. However, the profit of BTC is many times more than gold. But if you want a base like the United States hoarding gold is too difficult. It is too big for my imagination and for you
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:49:25 PM

Gold would be beneficial if you could hold it for a long time and safe also but to wait to get a profit for a long time (+-5 years) would be very tedious to expect, so I only use bitcoin for back up plan, and use bitcoin for main investment
anhhung409

Activity: 318

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:12:22 PM

A gold shop is similar to a BTC wallet, but the store can help you make a daily income, but the BTC is not because BTC prices can increase or decrease. Besides, using a BTC wallet is safer, you will not be robbed like in a gold shop. So, I still prefer to invest in BTC wallets

rjbtc2017

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:25:35 PM

Even bitcoin is digital gold mate and more valuable in real gold and in future you will see much higher price of bitcoins and gold will never be in position to take over that price of bitcoins so to earn higher profits we should invest our money in bitcoins.
I know mate, but Gold is physical and Bitcoin is virtual which means it is dependent on the internet. Anyway, Why don't we keep Gold and bitcoin simultaneously and invest on both things, i think in this way we will not compare Gold to Bitcoin but be hopeful on the prices of Gold and bitcoin to grow overtime.
We can still compare both in terms of profit anyhow for now if we choose to hold bitcoin it is more profitable because now bitcoin price is above the gold price even though bitcoin price is unstable but still there is no signals showing the bitcoin price will be back below the gold price.
Yes, I know. Bitcoin's progress incredibly amazing today, and it's still way higher than Gold in terms of prize.
Well then, I agree, Comparing is not bad though,Comparing  Bitcoin to other things can aslo help us to determine what upgrades does Bitcoin needs to have in order to be stable and stardadized.
rjbtc2017

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:30:54 PM

Good point there mate, when it comes to security, bitcoin won over Gold, and replication cannot also be happen on bitcoin  (im kinda not sure) since it is a digital currency, and also bitcoin has the protocol to prevent double spending of bitcoin.
And we must also add that when it comes to mining, i think mining gold is costly more than bitcoin.
tal3sfromthecrypt

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:32:42 PM

There are a few key differences:

Liquidity and fees: it's much easier, and less costly as a % of principal, to buy/sell bitcoin than it is to buy/sell gold. This is positive for bitcoin.
Time: gold has been used as a store of value for thousands of years, and will probably be used as a store of value in the future. Bitcoin is still in its infancy. This is positive for gold.
Practical value: Gold is used for some industrial processes, but rarely. Bitcoin has a ton of uses as a means of exchange. Positive for bitcoin.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:57:34 AM

The gold market is huge compared to the market of bitcoin and I do not think that is going to change any time soon, however bitcoin is slowly gaining ground, let us hope that in the next 10 to 20 years bitcoin can compare to a fraction of the market of gold.
ankit10

Activity: 952
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:13:00 AM

The gold market is huge compared to the market of bitcoin and I do not think that is going to change any time soon, however bitcoin is slowly gaining ground, let us hope that in the next 10 to 20 years bitcoin can compare to a fraction of the market of gold.
You are right but price of bitcoin attract more people to get in bitcoin communiy, i joined bitcoin becuase of this . And Gold market cann't get dry even in future because Gold has more demand and it is not money , gold is not only to earn it is usable for womans and mans for ex. rings or bracelette of gold.
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:10:53 PM

I think holding of gold is better as gold is seen as an investment option for centuries and each and everyone trusts and backs gold which makes gold the most popular and safest investment a person can make. Gold will never loose its value so i think holdings of gold are better.
holding of gold is no doubt a good option people are hoding gold for a long long time, but I think the new generation is more interested in bitcoin because there is more chances to make money in trading bitcoin as compare to gold.
It was the old days when people were holding gold as in nowadays I am not seeing anyone who is saying that they are holding gold for making money if anyone is holding then he is not aware of bitcoin. Now everyone know that gold will give a smallest profit after years while bitcoin gives the same amount of profit within a few weeks or months.
yes in current time people are mostly use Gold as for jewelry and for fashion. while for making money i think bitcoin is the best option with them from where they çhave the opportunity to make a big amount of money.

Let me correct you, yes jewelry and diamond is only for fashion and luxury, but the gold is different. It's not like you said. People buy gold for investment purposes. Not for the fashion. Most of the old reserves was used for gold bullions, not for fashion items.
Yes I'm totally agreed because the post you had it is the right one in many manners. First of all yes you are right if you want to make your future then bitcoin is the right choice. Because as you see the marketing plans, Marketing power of bitcoin it is growing daily. It has market the record in a market. So yes you can become a rich by bitcoin if you ever invest into bitcoin.
Bowly88

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:42:26 AM

For me if you're really an investor, you will probably do both of them. Hold bitcoins and hold gold, in can cause a lot money in the future, because bitcoin value and gold value are both have a potential. Their value always goes up from time to time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: