Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:43:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc  (Read 62725 times)
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:25:15 PM

There is no doubt that holding of bitcoin is absolutely better for profit than holding of gold. Gold is more stable, it's past, well known and still modern past but crypto is future, so we have to follow future and hold bitcoin for profit. Not only my post but statistic shows everything about bitcoin, rise from nothing to thousand dollars, yeah, it's what investors and holders want. Bitcoin is winner, there is no doubt.
Yes holding bitcoin would be better and no doubt, gold does have a stable price but I prefer with bitcoin, although bitcoin prices are still not fully stable. But I prefer the characteristic of the fluctuations that occur in bitcoin, because with the ongoing fluctuations we can take advantage of it to trade and will continue to benefit from the falling and rising bitcoin prices.

Exactly, holding bitcoins is better than having a stock of gold because Bitcoin supersedes gold in advantages and it has tg capacity to grow in value within a short time unlike gold which is more stable in its prices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
didik12

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:54:00 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
Holding of gold sometimes the value of gold is stable in long years you will wait the perfect time until he come the high value of gold it is the oppportunity of the holder's of gold to sell. If you want a high value of gold You spend a long time to met your expectation in gold but the value of gold is not become worthless beacause it is a treasure. Campare to bitcoin if you have a btc you spend in short time to achieve the high value of btc but sometimes btc is still in a low value or they have a possibility that the bitcoin is to become worthless but now ithink it is not and value of bitcoin is become higher now.

Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:03:46 AM

There is no doubt that holding of bitcoin is absolutely better for profit than holding of gold. Gold is more stable, it's past, well known and still modern past but crypto is future, so we have to follow future and hold bitcoin for profit. Not only my post but statistic shows everything about bitcoin, rise from nothing to thousand dollars, yeah, it's what investors and holders want. Bitcoin is winner, there is no doubt.
Yes holding bitcoin would be better and no doubt, gold does have a stable price but I prefer with bitcoin, although bitcoin prices are still not fully stable. But I prefer the characteristic of the fluctuations that occur in bitcoin, because with the ongoing fluctuations we can take advantage of it to trade and will continue to benefit from the falling and rising bitcoin prices.

Exactly, holding bitcoins is better than having a stock of gold because Bitcoin supersedes gold in advantages and it has tg capacity to grow in value within a short time unlike gold which is more stable in its prices.
We know what we are capable of, if I have a lot of money then I would surely do both but the fact is most of us here are hoping we will make a fortune in the future which is not possible with gold but we have a good chance with bitcoin. Gold is stable and therefore only good for big investors while bitcoin is good for all investors who are risk takers and ambitious at the same time.

Chikitita2004

Activity: 560
Merit: 121

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:37:21 PM

Are you including central banks etc.

In countries like India its cultural to hold.

Bitcoin is a drop in the ocean compared to market cap of gold.

Is it true that with your present government right now in India, gold holders are now limitted to a certain amount and if found to have more than what is allowed then the rest will confiscated by the government? I just heard from an indian friend and only for confirmation i ask if you wont mind to answer. 😊

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
Chikitita2004

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:41:03 PM

It is a cultural thing to buy and hold gold in India really? I didn't know that.

Ya. I have indian friends who told me their stories. In India a woman who doesnt wear gold or a wife instead, the shame will be on their husband because he is not capable of buying golds for his wife. I found it funny but that is their culture so what can i say?

┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
Chikitita2004

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:52:23 PM

History of both markets tell us which one is better take a look back from 2011 - 2017 and study both markets for investing 10 k $ on 2011 where more profit gaining by now indeed bitcoin is the best .
There is no doubt that bitcoin had been compared with gold but now bitcoin has left gold very far behind and is better than gold and everyone knows it. So everyone will definitely. I always say that there will be the time when diamond will be compared to bitcoin and bitcoin will also surpass diamond. Holding bitcoin will definitely give more profit no doubt in that.

I don't think bitcoin has a chance against gold. Serious investment groups do not invest in bitcoin since they don't find bitcoin trusted. They prefer precious metals such as gold and silver and other commodities.

I will go for both. Gold is stable and tangible but bitcoin too has a big potential in value.

Didle1938

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:13:46 PM

in reality, holding gold in a very extended time can make us much more worthwhile, and it is a positive investment decision. even so, to make an expenditure, we should see our present condition. Properly, if you actually want to invest in a long time, gold could be the ideal option. but, if you might be usually looking for new organizations, bitcoin is the correct selection, because bitcoin may possibly be a limited-time period expense that is unbelievably advantageous.
JCO05

Activity: 429
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:41:34 PM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
Bitcoin is way far from Gold. In the first place, Gold has a physical value and Bitcoin doesn't. Bitcoin is a digital currency and Gold is an asset. It will be hard for Bitcoin to reach the user base holders of Gold because Gold is being used for lots of years by different countries. Also, unlike Bitcoin wherein its market value changes from time to time, Gold has a stable market price which affects how investors look on an investment.

nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:29:50 PM

Ugh... I don't know how many people use gold as investment and how many people use btc as investment. Not really sure how to compare or where i can get the data about it.
But i think, there are many people who use gold as investment rather than bitcoin.
Because we know, gold is like more universal? I mean many people know about it already, unlike bitcoin. And even if someone doesn't really understand technology, they can invest in gold, but not about bitcoin.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:32:24 PM

Holding of gold sometimes the value of gold is stable in long years you will wait the perfect time until he come the high value of gold it is the oppportunity of the holder's of gold to sell. If you want a high value of gold You spend a long time to met your expectation in gold but the value of gold is not become worthless beacause it is a treasure. Campare to bitcoin if you have a btc you spend in short time to achieve the high value of btc but sometimes btc is still in a low value or they have a possibility that the bitcoin is to become worthless but now ithink it is not and value of bitcoin is become higher now.
I just wonder why people are comparing bitcoins with gold. May be they are afraid that with the speed bitcoin is going, it will overcome the business of gold in future. I think bitcoin is so young as compared to gold now. As far as holding is concerned, holding in bitcoin is more and so more profitable than in golds because of so abrupt increase and fluctuation in the market of bitcoins.
barhavsky

Activity: 798
Merit: 100

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:39:37 PM

better hold bitcoin because there is an increase in bitcoin prices in a few months alone has increased very far while the price of gold is still no significant increase.

Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:22:58 PM

I think only few community here using Gold as a store of value. Because, majority of the individuals here are most likely to hold their bitcoin than Gold, due to the volatility is very aggressive where most of the trades  get their chance to produce profit.
keeee

Activity: 574
Merit: 267

" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:48:57 PM

I think as of now there are more people who are holding their golds, maybe in different purposes, but what if in the near future? the time will come that our golds will be gone soon. This is the advantage of bitcoin. BITcoin can still be in the line until future if it will still patronize by many users.

gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:55:12 PM

better hold bitcoin because there is an increase in bitcoin prices in a few months alone has increased very far while the price of gold is still no significant increase.
Well if you are taking profit from fluctuating of bitcoin's price, holding bitcoins for short term couples months will be better choice than holding the gold because it will gives us good profit from trading bitcoins, but the gold will be good choice for long time investment couples years later because the price always increase every years.
safari88
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:59:23 PM

Holding of gold and holding of btc both are profitable in the long run. Maybe holding btc actually is better because the price is riszing quickly and highly, the gold price is slow and more stable, but its also valuable since it lose never its value.

Yes, both are very beneficial. If you want to take risks with getting rich in quick time we have to hold bitcoin, but if we do not like taking big risks and want to be more safe, gold is the right choice.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:35:51 PM

Holding of gold and holding of btc both are profitable in the long run. Maybe holding btc actually is better because the price is riszing quickly and highly, the gold price is slow and more stable, but its also valuable since it lose never its value.

Yes, both are very beneficial. If you want to take risks with getting rich in quick time we have to hold bitcoin, but if we do not like taking big risks and want to be more safe, gold is the right choice.

Gold may not be as risky as Bitcoin, but it is also a volatile asset. And there are times, when those who had invested in gold incurred losses. For example, the gold prices had crashed from $1,850 per oz. in 2012, to $1,050 per oz. in 2016.
Succurs

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:39:01 PM

if you want a lot profit i offering guidance to keeping bitcoin but have a higher risk is equivalent with what you get. holdings gold only maintain your funds most folks states gold not make you rick but preserve you abundant, gold not large risk loses of value
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:11:18 AM

if you want a lot profit i offering guidance to keeping bitcoin but have a higher risk is equivalent with what you get. holdings gold only maintain your funds most folks states gold not make you rick but preserve you abundant, gold not large risk loses of value
If we talk about the losses that bitcoins can produce with time if you keep them due to its fluctuating price, I hope you have seen the past years performance of bitcoins. It has a great tendency to not only regain its value but surpass the previous ones in a short time.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:42:06 AM

I think holding bitcoin for long periods is not included in big risk investments, many people say that bitcoin prices will be much higher in the next few years, because bitcoin has the potential to continue to grow, I think if you want to be patient then the risk on bitcoin will decrease
dasana212

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:23:35 PM

Which holds btc first, now can be said to be harvest due to effect of high price. But high price will not forever, will certainly correction too. Gold isn't my biggest investment portion, because gold is very longterm, i have to be a little aggressive in order to make ends meet. Holding bitcoin is solution for my finance, because bitcoin can be used as a source income well as a tool for speculate.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: