Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:19:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How will halving affect the value?  (Read 19670 times)
indiemax

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 01:08:25 PM

Well, Vishal Gupta, the of CEO SearchTrade recently said that the last Bitcoin halving had an 8x impact on price back in 2012. interesting fact, although i think that the impact will be smaller, but 2 or 3x could be possible.

With respect to current bitcoin adoption and user-base rate, I predict the impact will go in multiplication of previous one. Yes, you can expect 16 times or 24 times of price raise of bitcoin based on halving consequences. Roughly I expect the price to test $10k levels around this halving.

whoooooot  Shocked
quadriple7

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 01:36:28 PM

well there will most definitely be a significant affect on the value in my opinion and the price i think will go only up because there will be less bitcoins mined every block that the miners will find i cant wait for this event as it has happened only once yet
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 01:48:13 PM

Last halving there was not a huge pump or dump, but this time i think that the price will not crash at least.

Taking the current market situation into consideration I don't think there will be a price dump but more chances of price increase because Bitcoin is doing really well nowadays and even if the price drops down in second quarter of 2016 it will again pump up during last quarter of 2016 just like how it happened this year
Well after this post which was after a week i see that it already happened a dump these days as the price crashed more than 10%
anthonycamp

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 01:50:33 PM

the halfing will increase the less suplly soo more high price for the sell
lexuz

Activity: 714

Me, myself and I

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 02:14:43 PM

the halfing will increase the less suplly soo more high price for the sell
What about if less demand, still price increase?? I don't think so halving will give big affect into the price
calaber24p

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

If this is life , then I prefer death !

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 02:18:12 PM

most likely there will be a price run up to the halving and a sell off correction either right before or after the halving. See litecoin's recent halving.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 03:43:05 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2015, 07:21:55 PM by n2004al

Will the value of bitcoin go up because of halving to mining reward or will this cause a crash?

How many times discussed about this topic.... It would be enough to do a simple search and will find tons of posts about this question. Thread created this, for more, with only few words in the form of a simple banal question. The only news is the second part which guess a crash of the price after the halving. But no one word why must have probability to happen this guess (without any kind of foundation). Now want me to do a question to OP. I am unable to find even only one very little reason about the why of this your supposition. May you give even only one reason which make you to write these words? In this way I can learn something new (and unimaginable for my mind). Or creating this post you wanted that your nick be written with gold letters at the hall of fame of those who has open (are authors of the open of) threads at bitcointalk?

I apologize n2004al for the unoriginal post, I am completely new to the forums but will search for similar posts in the future before posting!  Embarrassed
I will now try to answer your question about why I added the guess of a crash...

It seems the overall consensus is that the value of bitcoins will go up as a result of halving mining reward. But it may be helpful to look at the recent history of Litecoin which has already undergone a halving in its mining reward. We can see after the halving of the block reward for Litecoin from 50 to 25 LTC on Aug 25th, the price was fairly stable the value of Litecoin actually declined days after but then quickly retained around its original value prior to Aug 25th. When the time comes for Bitcoin to be halved, I would imagine miners will be disappointed with receiving half as many btc, since I really don't see any large increase to the valuation of bitcoins. I believe the short term affect of the halving will be a decline since miners will be forced to sell off larger portions of their mined Bitcoins to expand their operations just so they can still see some profit from the smaller block rewards. For those who believe the price may double, realize that as odolvlobo said the supply is not decreasing its just the rate at which the supply is growing is just lower.

I don't necessarily think bitcoin will crash but perhaps we will see some decline during July. Even if bitcoin was going to drastically increase it would have already done so way before July 2016 since the halving of the block reward is public knowledge.

First sorry to give a reply so late. But I try to find always new topics to read and discuss after the discussion or posting in one of those because normally if you have told what you think about the aim for which is made the thread is hard to give other opinions or thoughts because the aim remain the same. So remain to discuss about the thoughts of the others or discuss about their ideas. To tell the right I believe in the freedom of expression and the right that everyone must have to have its ideas and its convictions. This made me rarely to discuss about the thoughts of the others because think that don't have the right to discuss about their convictions. I do comments only when there are cases that according to me (and this doesn't mean that I have right) are to "silly" to not be commented. This reason make me to visit rarely the threads when I post (even I click the "notify" link for every thread in which discuss) and this reason bring me so late in your thread. Bad behavior this because may have reply to my posts and this reply must make to give answer. Like this case.

Lets come to your reply. First, you cannot be hungry about a your mistake. If someone make e mistake (as you personally accept) in the worst of cases can ignore that person who mention this his action and the story end here. In the best of cases passe everything with a joke or something similar. Can be hundred other reactions between the above mentioned but it is not normal or justifiable to become hungry. Maybe can become hungry who read for the tenths time the same post but not the author of the tenth similar post.

Second the reason explained by you that made you to take in consideration the crash of bitcoin has several inaccuracies. I am giving shortly my thoughts abou those.

First there was not any kind of drop of price of litecoin (except maybe some normal fluctuations). You explanations are not correct. It was a drop of network hashrate but not in the price. Hashrate that come back to the normal values after few time. The network hashrate is totally other thing with the price. If you are not able to understand this I am sorry. I am giving below two sources (which include in their analyses even the calendar dates mentioned by you) which can prove my words:

http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/litecoin-block-reward-halving/

http://www.coindesk.com/litecoin-first-mining-reward-decline/

Anyhow you can have your sources that can be much more accurate that mines. I invite you to show here those. Because I don't see any reference in your post. Only the word of someone offended without reason.

Second, in your post you write: "We can see after the halving of the block reward for Litecoin from 50 to 25 LTC on Aug 25th, the price was fairly stable the value of Litecoin actually declined days after but then quickly retained around its original value prior to Aug 25th."

Here you yet make another gaffe. You use the word "decline" (the most "strong" word used by you regarding the drop of price of litecoin after the halving) in your comment. Even if your words can be true (thing this not true according to the above sources) cannot be considered never a "decline" like a "crash". Are way away with each other. If you cannot understand even this (like the above) I am again sorry about you. So we find here an inappropriate use of one word very heavy for something much more "light" event (if happened). Used only when is not known the meaning of the words or in the worst of cases to create suspense and attention about the person who use those (thinking that is an savant because use strong but right words) and the thread or post created by him. I would like to be the first case because if can be the second the OP has big problems with himself (adding to this case even his reaction versus my post).

I will advice you to do a search and to find sources which explain the real meaning of all the concepts and words used not in the right place by you.

Hope that you will take every my word written above not as an attack to you but only as a normal reaction to your post. I will have a particular attention for this thread. So hope to be more faster in an possible answer to an your possible answer to my reply to your reply about that I have written in my post regarding your main post and your thread.
makingwin1

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 03:52:30 PM

in my opinion it will make the price to go up significantly
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 07:00:12 PM

In a normal environment the bitcoin price would go up.

But take notice that the current price is actually quite good for miners.
Most asics can mine with profit right now.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 07:22:55 PM

The last halving not a lot happened to the price, so yes i don't expect anything to  happend this halving.
Like alwys i wiill just buy a few extra bitcoins, for a eventual price rally.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 08:25:57 PM

I would not expect some price action. The current price is ok even for miners.
Btw most next generation miners that will come in march would be very profitable if the price is above  400 usd.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 05:18:06 AM

Last halving there was not a huge pump or dump, but this time i think that the price will not crash at least.

Taking the current market situation into consideration I don't think there will be a price dump but more chances of price increase because Bitcoin is doing really well nowadays and even if the price drops down in second quarter of 2016 it will again pump up during last quarter of 2016 just like how it happened this year
Well after this post which was after a week i see that it already happened a dump these days as the price crashed more than 10%

I can see people buying bitcoins now since the price is low rather than people dumping their coins. Most who are selling their coins are the ones who bought those coins when the price was $260-$300 few months back.
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 08:44:17 AM

I would not expect some price action. The current price is ok even for miners.
Btw most next generation miners that will come in march would be very profitable if the price is above  400 usd.

Not 400, but $500 would be a better option for miners in order to continue mining, because they never had any problems when the price was in the range of 250 - 300.
Halving might blow the prices up a lot than we are thinking, but that will just be a pump, the real price must be between 500 and 700.
Blerand

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:50:40 AM

The the block reward drops to 1.25 and the price rise to $900, it is still the same profit for miners. They will keep on mining.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:14:46 AM

The the block reward drops to 1.25 and the price rise to $900, it is still the same profit for miners. They will keep on mining.

no because in that case it will be 1/10 of what the next block reward is(2016), this mean that the value must be 10x of what it is now at least, so 4k and not only 900

miners will maintain the same profit as today, that's the point, in fact they have the same profit as it was in 2013
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:35:33 AM

It won't be 1.25, but 12.5 my friend...
And the price has already doubled from where it was, but we still need to see it above $600 for the miners to remain in the game...
They ain't mining just for fun, they too have their families and real life which they need to take care of...

BitAurum

Activity: 318

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:46:28 AM

It won't be 1.25, but 12.5 my friend...
And the price has already doubled from where it was, but we still need to see it above $600 for the miners to remain in the game...
They ain't mining just for fun, they too have their families and real life which they need to take care of...
Yeah if the income generated from mining isn't enough to cover their electric + cooling costs they might quit.
Blerand

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 09:04:55 PM

When the block reward drop to 1.25 (around), it will be many years away. The price will be much higher than $9,000.
Auxi

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 09:11:29 PM

We had a prehalving pump this xmas
Yauthitdar

Activity: 201

Proof-of-Asset Protocol

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 08:43:52 AM

We had a prehalving pump this xmas

The extent of that pump is too small. If it is the halving pump, the price should at least doubled.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: